Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,497 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? (72173 Views)

4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) / Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / "The Day I Left Vs Now" Transformation Of A Medical Doctor After Leaving Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by homirefacuny(m): 9:07pm On Feb 21, 2020
dilodavid:
Shey you want to kidnap him?

You are mad grin
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by PremiumTrends(m): 9:08pm On Feb 21, 2020
Some people don't care about the hundreds of millions you're mentioning, they just want peace of mind. Many young Nigerians have legit legal millions but are still harassed by SARS for having those millions. Will you say they are harassed because they don't have money? You mentioned Dangote and the likes earlier. Why do they send their children abroad to study then, if their millions can bring Heaven on Earth for them? You claim to have millions but do you even have a simple Health Insurance Scheme that works for you? There is none of that in the country. Even with their hundreds of millions, people have lost loved ones in hospitals due to flimsy excuses like power failure or staff strike. Your millions can buy you as many exotic cars you want, but can you comfortably drive them on Nigerian roads?
Your reasoning shouldn't be shallow, focusing on money alone as to why Nigerians travel out. Some people just want a system that works! I'm not imposing my thoughts on you, but re-evaluate your point of view.

sowilli:
how has the shittiness you mentioned added to you. Make money bro, you will have a different view. Naija this or that doesn’t add to anyone’s bank account. Make money bro, you will have no time to analyze this kind of regrets. Millions of Nigerians are doing over 300 million. O boy go find money jo

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by sowilli: 9:08pm On Feb 21, 2020
sirhamilton:

For someone who's not an "ediot,has good Judgement skills" and claims to be well travelled I'm baffled you'd think it's normal that a citizen of country has to make a certain amount of money before they can enjoy some basic amenities. Nigeria is now meant for the rich?
if you didn’t understand my post, you didn’t need to mention me to start with. Who says you have to be rich to enjoy basic amenities. Where did I mentioned basic amenities? How many Nigerians travel because of basic amenities? If they ask you at the embassy, will you tell them you want to relocate because of basic amenities or Nigeria is a shit hole as you shout on Nairaland? Are the Nigerians committing Crimes and pushing drugs doing it because of basic amenities? See tell yourself the truth. Stop the complaints or regret talk. Live your life and let people be with their decisions!

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by idyllic2012: 9:12pm On Feb 21, 2020
I no go ever miss Nigeria ooooo. All I want is here with me. Thank God for the good system. I renounce Nigeria.
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by sowilli: 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2020
PremiumTrends:
Some people don't care about the hundreds of millions you're mentioning, they just want peace of mind. Many young Nigerians have legit legal millions but are still harassed by SARS for having those millions. Will you say they are harassed because they don't have money? You mentioned Dangote and the likes earlier. Why do they send their children abroad to study then, if their millions can bring Heaven on Earth for them? You claim to have millions but do you even have a simple Health Insurance Scheme that works for you? There is none of that in the country. Even with their hundreds of millions, people have lost loved ones in hospitals due to flimsy excuses like power failure or staff strike. Your millions can buy you as many exotic cars you want, but can you comfortably drive them on Nigerian roads?
Your reasoning shouldn't be shallow, focusing on money alone as to why Nigerians travel out. Some people just want a system that works! I'm not imposing my thoughts on you, but re-evaluate your point of view.

who says people should not seek peace. So why make the ones who decide to stay in Nigeria look like they are making a bad decision? Does calling Nigeria shit hole or abusing Nigeria online by same Nigerians stop SARS. You all are delusional. If you want a system that works you don’t focus on a system that doesn’t work. You don’t have to come talk about a system that doesn’t work. It means you don’t know what you want.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by ENG0701: 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2020
YorubaLord:

Just imagine... and you expect Nigeria to be better.

Again, the biggest problem of Nigeria are Nigerians! Olofo! angry

Apart from driving license in Nigeria, I always do things by the book. If you misunderstood a 2 paragraph comment, you can ask for clarification.
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Mizwisdom(f): 9:17pm On Feb 21, 2020
Topics like these make me laugh. If I invested my life savings in relocating do you expect me to confess to a random stranger that I regret my decision, when I have nothing left back home for me to fall back on?

If they truly have no regrets why are many of them here posting responses to your question? it's because they miss home, this is an anonymous forum where they can catch up on things happening in Nigeria and interact with us who are here. You don't need them to tell you they regret, the fact that they are here shows it.

I pity the ones who will fall for the lies being told here grin as for me, I too like this my country , my only issue is greed, many people here are too greedy. Apart from this , Nigeria is a good country to live

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by phillipsword(m): 9:21pm On Feb 21, 2020
I will never come back anymore....my kids my family are going to die an be buried in Geneva...switzerland.....bros i don suffer i dont want it for my generation

12 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by PremiumTrends(m): 9:27pm On Feb 21, 2020
I haven't insulted Nigeria in any post online, but to answer your question, insulting Nigeria online helps make Nigeria better. If our leaders are sensible enough, they'll right their wrongs from seeing posts online. We don't have to call Nigeria a shithole before they'll know it's an insult. A simple statement like "our health care system doesn't work" is an insult online. You are clearly contradicting yourself in your replies to others so far, I hope confusion isn't setting in.
sowilli:
who says people should not seek peace. So why make the ones who decide to stay in Nigeria look like they are making a bad decision? Does calling Nigeria shit hole or abusing Nigeria online by same Nigerians stop SARS. You all are delusional. If you want a system that works you don’t focus on a system that doesn’t work. You don’t have to come talk about a system that doesn’t work. It means you don’t know what you want.

6 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by fatymore(f): 9:28pm On Feb 21, 2020
It is well.

Those of us that doesn't have the means or dream to leave.

May all things be easier for us.

Nigeria go better

5 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Ishilove: 9:29pm On Feb 21, 2020
J111333:
After talking rubbish, get you ghana-must-go bag ready because I already got your bus tickets to Cameroon. You and Poko my rove will be visiting me soon but as sidechick, you'll be sleeping on the floor for now.
I don't have the strength to have two of you on my bed at the same time, I don't take buruntashi biko.
You cannot have us both on your bed same time. Our respective cookies will break you in half. Take Baby oku. I hear it works wonders grin

Chai, Poco has suffered in your hands. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by shogsman(m): 9:30pm On Feb 21, 2020
Spanishmilf:
dey deport this man nii shaa
It's a shame we have to endure the nuisance of your kind on this platform.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Americanboy35: 9:36pm On Feb 21, 2020
grin REGRETS? NONE grin
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Komu1048(m): 9:37pm On Feb 21, 2020
sowilli:
most nairalanders and “commenters” are average guys. Many have not seen beyond a hundred million, a reason for this mentality.

Please apart from poliuefians and there allies (419, yahooism, extortionist pastor/imam) please how can one make 100million in naija. Pls explain

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Spanishmilf(m): 9:38pm On Feb 21, 2020
shogsman:

It's a shame we have to endure the nuisance of your kind on this platform.
Yenyen
When are they lifting your ban?
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by YelloweWest: 9:39pm On Feb 21, 2020
Lawalemi:
Amazing. I opened this thread to gather experiences but it's shocking that not anyone is regretting their adventure yet. My God, who will deliver Nigeria from evil leaders?
I'm shocked too cry
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by sowilli: 9:40pm On Feb 21, 2020
PremiumTrends:
I haven't insulted Nigeria in any post online, but to answer your question, insulting Nigeria online helps make Nigeria better. If our leaders are sensible enough, they'll right their wrongs from seeing posts online. We don't have to call Nigeria a shithole before they'll know it's an insult. A simple statement like "our health care system doesn't work" is an insult online. You are clearly contradicting yourself in your replies to others so far, I hope confusion isn't setting in.
you are a child obviously. How many of your leaders come to nairaland to check threads as this.
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by sowilli: 9:42pm On Feb 21, 2020
Komu1048:

Please apart from poliuefians and there allies (419, yahooism, extortionist pastor/imam) please how can one make 100million in naija. Pls explain
Do I owe you any explanation?why can’t you use your own brain to figure? Dangote Na yahoo abi. Abi the guys hustling here online Na yahoo. Abi seun wey get Nairaland Na yahoo. Na man like you get Nairaland oo. You dey ask me nonsense question.
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by dongc(m): 9:44pm On Feb 21, 2020
biggest regret was going back to Nigeria to do Nysc and stayed total 4 years hoping i could help and change the system..it was a big waste of time...fellow young people told me everyday to go back to that place i came back from each time i try to do things the right way...we have serious issue ..people are constantly fighting you for doing the right things .each time i hear this not Europe....rotten system and fellows..i couldn't beat them and i can join them either so i left..

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Spanishmilf(m): 9:45pm On Feb 21, 2020
sowilli:
Do I owe you any explanation?why can’t you use your own brain to figure? Dangote Na yahoo abi. Abi the guys hustling here online Na yahoo. Abi seun wey get Nairaland Na yahoo. Na man like you get Nairaland oo. You dey ask me nonsense question.
You can only mention dangote, seun, adenuga and co. SMH
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by sirhamilton(m): 9:47pm On Feb 21, 2020
sowilli:
if you didn’t understand my post, you didn’t need to mention me to start with. Who says you have to be rich to enjoy basic amenities. Where did I mentioned basic amenities? How many Nigerians travel because of basic amenities? If they ask you at the embassy, will you tell them you want to relocate because of basic amenities or Nigeria is a shit hole as you shout on Nairaland? Are the Nigerians committing Crimes and pushing drugs doing it because of basic amenities? See tell yourself the truth. Stop the complaints or regret talk. Live your life and let people be with their decisions!

You seem to misunderstand your self, in your first post you mentioned that individuals who make a certain amount of money aren't complaining about Nigeria. From my knowledge of the pay rate in Nigeria and the present economic state i know very few people make such amounts and if they did, they can be considered as being wealthy by Nigerian standards and that was why i mentioned being rich.

When i speak about basic amenities i do so because these are some the yard sticks by which economies and societies are judged. These are things that make an individuals life decent and a bit more comfortable. Can you imagine the US without power constant power supply, shitty education system or road networks as what is obtainable in Nigeria , but to mention a few , these are the things that make the western world attractive and better place to live. Everything is inter connected, connect the dots when you argue

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by obama30: 9:49pm On Feb 21, 2020
Lawalemi:
This question is largely for Nigerians in diaspora. I wish to share their experiences on disappointments and regrets that they have for leaving Nigeria to live abroad.

Situations such as severance from extended family members, issues of cold and the rest were what some persons have mentioned in the past.

Please share your experiences and views.

Thanks

There's nothing to regret about a nation without electricity, No hospital or plan to making the building with hospital bill board work as hospital by putting need equipment in place. how can i regret leaving the zoo where citizen die like birth flu infested chicken without any government care. One of last African country that's confuse. Nothing to regret. I am even planing to come back and sell my inheritance and nationalize here. fuckup nation that value cow more than human being

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Kinkinatus(m): 9:49pm On Feb 21, 2020
My regrets for leaving Nigeria? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahshahahahahahahahahahshahahahahahahahshahahaaaaaaaaa
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by sowilli: 9:50pm On Feb 21, 2020
Spanishmilf:
You can only mention dangote, seun, adenuga and co. SMH
bros look around you. Dem plenty die. Those guys with oil companies in port harcourt. They full everywhere. The ones I mentioned are popular. Seun no get money reach some of them self but they are not popular. There are many guys doing “ legitly” well. Look beyond your limitatations. Opportunities abound everywhere. Old and young alike

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by DexterousOne(m): 9:51pm On Feb 21, 2020
PremiumTrends:

You have spoken well

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 21, 2020
justwise:
My only regret is not leaving earlier.

friend, so you don leave us too, lol. I've always thought you were here with us. Those of us who damned the unexpected and came back after our education abroad are happier today....my take
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by molybdenum0012: 9:53pm On Feb 21, 2020
fatymore:
It is well.

Those of us that doesn't have the means or dream to leave.

May all things be easier for us.

Nigeria go better

One day one day, one day e go better..
E go better e go better , e go better for me eehhh...

I go buy motor , I go born piking...

One day one day, one day e go better..
E go better e go better e go better for me...

Being hearing this song since childhood, Naija still never better, it is getting worst day by day..
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Mizwisdom(f): 9:53pm On Feb 21, 2020
PremiumTrends:

We have health insurance schemes. NHIS(National Health insurance scheme) also private HMOs but your average Nigerian will rebuke you for asking them to pay for it, they will say you're praying for them to fall ill.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by DexterousOne(m): 9:56pm On Feb 21, 2020
sowilli:
bros look around you. Dem plenty die. Those guys with oil companies in port harcourt. They full everywhere. The ones I mentioned are popular. Seun no get money reach some of them self but they are not popular. There are many guys doing “ legitly” well. Look beyond your limitatations. Opportunities abound everywhere. Old and young alike

Let me reel out two statistic for you

1) According to NDIC, less than 5% of Nigerians have anything above 500k in their accounts.
That is why the insurance claim is capped at 500k (this is verifiable stats, check it out)

2)most Nigerians, both the ones in business and in paid employment make less than 150k per month (I think the figure was up to 90% sef) This is according to research done by NOI polls.

So from the two facts above
Your talk of "many ballers" is negated

We may be living in our bubbles as "upper middle class"

But Nigerja is largely a poverty stricken country
Just like most of Africa

5 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by DexterousOne(m): 9:57pm On Feb 21, 2020
Mizwisdom:

We have health insurance schemes. NHIS(National Health insurance scheme) also private HMOs but your average Nigerian will rebuke you for asking them to pay for it, they will say you're praying for them to fall ill.

Religious leaders are to blame.

Insurance is actually a good thing

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by sowilli: 9:57pm On Feb 21, 2020
sirhamilton:

You seem to misunderstand your self, in your first post you mentioned that individuals who make a certain amount of money aren't complaining about Nigeria. From my knowledge of the pay rate in Nigeria and the present economic state i know very few people make such amounts and if they did, they can be considered as being wealthy by Nigerian standards and that was why i mentioned being rich.

When i speak about basic amenities i do so because these are some the yard sticks by which economies and societies are judged. These are things that make an individuals life decent and a bit more comfortable. Can you imagine the US without power constant power supply, shitty education system or road networks as what is obtainable in Nigeria , but to mention a few , these are the things that make the western world attractive and better place to live. Everything is inter connected, connect the dots when you argue
No you are wrong. Read my post. If you are doing a certain amount you find it very hard to leave that place. Will Bill Gates leave America if America becomes Nigeria tomorrow. Why? He has created a niche for himself. When you create a niche for yourself? You don’t have any regrets about your decisions. A country is not rated based on amenities but by GDP which we can term “productivity of the people”. Whilst I will agree that sometimes there needs to be basic amenities for people to be productive, it is not a basic requirement. You should be able to innovate. Put simply then, Nigerians are not productive as one would expect. Reason for the non productivity can be seen from comments on this thread. Nigerians calling Nigeria shot hole on social media. You see where the problem is. You don’t have to have any regrets living in or leaving Nigeria!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply)

How I Started My Tricycle (Keke) Business & How Much I Make In A Day (Photo) / My Street Amid Last Day Of COVID-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.