Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? (72073 Views)

4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) / Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / "The Day I Left Vs Now" Transformation Of A Medical Doctor After Leaving Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by DexterousOne(m): 8:27pm On Feb 21, 2020
sowilli:
you are on the “ I need better life” level then. There is no failure for those who I expect to come positive about Nigeria. Even if you get denied, you should see it as loss to the countries. If you are asked your views about Nigeria at the embassy, will you call it shit hole? Many of you are hypocrites simple. I tell you this. as an experienced traveler myself, I know Nigeria isn’t working as one would wish but I have no regrets staying back or leaving Nigeria. It’s about knowing one’s self. I have in my network individuals who are doing well abroad with many looking to invest in Nigeria. Some have invested and the business failed and are re- investing. They have complained one or two times but I don’t hear the words I hear on NL from their mouth. Unfortunately, you are regarded as poor by the country you mentioned. It’s about how you see life!

Interesting stuff
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by sirhamilton(m): 8:27pm On Feb 21, 2020
sowilli:
it’s not about me and how much I make. It’s about how much you have to make to see things differently. There are millions of people making over 1 million dollars annually. Have you left Nigeria before? You will see that those things you mentioned are taken from your pay through tax. Many things we don’t pay for here are paid for over there. You see why economies differ. If you can’t make that money, don’t complain. Who says it’s all about being rich. The point is you don’t have to have any regrets about your decisions. People who wallow in regrets don’t make anything out of life. That’s the point. Tell me about dreams? What makes one dream’s come through other than wisdom and passion. The ones who made it in Nigeria and the ones making it abroad will tell you same and one thing. Focus anywhere you are. The people complaining about naija or saying they have regrets staying or leaving can’t really make anything out of life. Take this anywhere. How many of your corrupt politicians would come online to read this thread? The point is thread as this don’t do any good!

The question is "have you left Nigeria before?" You say USD1M because it probably rings like N1M to your ears.
Utility bills and taxes paid ensure amenities are maintained and available in western countries so yes, I'm fully aware of what I was talking about when I drew a correlation between been wealthy and quality of life.

Talking about things been free in Nigeria, whatever happened to the things not free? Some neighborhoods Still get light bills despite the the poor power supply, you hear stories of loots by ex government officials been recovered but these disappear unaccounted for.

At least we both agree on one thing, threads like this achieve nothing.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Dpundict: 8:33pm On Feb 21, 2020
Dear Lord! Na IELTS AND ASSESSMENT I dey prepare for so. Shine your light so I can renounce my Nigerian citizenship once and for all. Amen

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by wizdomnzube(m): 8:36pm On Feb 21, 2020
ENG0701:

Same here. I'm going for my driving test soon and the whole thing makes me miss Naija's lawlessness. In Nigeria we get used to getting around things by paying for it.
Bros which you position like this?
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by DexterousOne(m): 8:37pm On Feb 21, 2020
sirhamilton:

The question is "have you left Nigeria before?" You say USD1M because it probably rings like N1M to your ears.
Utility bills and taxes paid ensure amenities are maintained and available in western countries so yes, I'm fully aware of what I was talking about when I drew a correlation between been wealthy and quality of life.

Talking about things been free in Nigeria, whatever happened to the things not free? Some neighborhoods Still get light bills despite the the poor power supply, you hear stories of loots by ex government officials been recovered but these disappear unaccounted for.

True that

We are just dissipating energy
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Ishilove: 8:40pm On Feb 21, 2020
J111333:
Regret 1: Not taking my main chic pocohantas with me to Cameroon.

Regret 2: Not taking my sidechick Ishilove too.

(Well, I'll soon right the wrongs)
Your mates dey carry their chicks to Dubai, your own na Cameroon via Monguro. Mscheeeeeeeew. undecided

Regret 3: I miss foo foo and oha soup (I dey chop am for dream sometimes though so no much worries), yam porridge, Portharcourt bole (I dey chop am for dream too so I'm okay somehow)
You are an unconscious witch. Na human being you dey chop for dream grin

Regret 4: I miss urinating outside and the breeze that cool my power house as I do, chai e don tey.

Finally, I miss the lawlessness in naija. grin

LMAAAAAAOO! Jarhead you don craze finish o. Of all the things to miss, na cool breeze on your mandingo. cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by gcof(m): 8:40pm On Feb 21, 2020
REgrets for leaving Nigeria? Even though I Dey Cotonou I have no regrets grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Favy93(f): 8:42pm On Feb 21, 2020
Dpundict:
Dear Lord! Na IELTS AND ASSESSMENT I dey prepare for so. Shine your light so I can renounce my Nigerian citizenship once and for all. Amen
please put me through in how to go about it .
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by DaisyDucatiIG: 8:42pm On Feb 21, 2020
Oloki:
my only regret is still been in Nigeria

no money......no helper.......no outside connection to move
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Ten06(m): 8:43pm On Feb 21, 2020
Some year ago I was just going from one church to another fasting and praying for God to bless me, and there were some prophecies foretold by these acclaimed men of God but non of them was able to prophecise to me that if I don't leave the country I would regret later, I'm regretting right now
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by 8stargeneral: 8:45pm On Feb 21, 2020
praiseneo:
they changed their boss bla bla bla and that one came to change the whole system and no booklets
Hmm... alright, that's Nigerian system, incompetent in everything .
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by ogongogames(m): 8:47pm On Feb 21, 2020
puregrace:
Anytime you wake up in the morning,pray for your parents for giving birth to you outside Nigeria,if not for anything. Pray for them before yourself.... They did you a BIGGGGG favour.... You can not understand

I served in Nigeria about 6 years ago. So I got a glimpse of the situation. I'm grateful for the society I've grown up in. My biggest gripe with Nigeria is necessarily the deficiencies in infrastructure but the "dog eats dog" mentality that so many people have.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by DexterousOne(m): 8:48pm On Feb 21, 2020
bamdexfarms:

Well, can you guaranty the security of your life and that of your family in Nigeria? Can you guaranty quick response of the fire service in case of fire in your home? Can you guaranty a quick and fast ambulance in case of health emergency for you or your kids? Or even if you make it to the hospital can you guaranty adequate healthcare?

These are the intangibles I so crave
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by gcof(m): 8:48pm On Feb 21, 2020
[/b]
J111333:
Regret 1: Not taking my main chic pocohantas with me to Cameroon.

Regret 2: Not taking my sidechick Ishilove too.

(Well, I'll soon right the wrongs)

Regret 3: I miss foo foo and oha soup (I dey chop am for dream sometimes though so no much worries), yam porridge, Portharcourt bole (I dey chop am for dream too so I'm okay somehow)

[b]Regret 4: I miss urinating outside and the breeze that cool my power house as I do, chai e don tey.

Finally, I miss the lawlessness in naija. grin

one cannot urinate freely in Cameroon?
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by sowilli: 8:48pm On Feb 21, 2020
sirhamilton:

don’t be an Internet ediot by jumping into conclusion who you are replying to. Do you want me to snap my passport pages for you to see. I want to remain anonymous, would have uploaded pictures. The fact remains if you are doing 1 million in revenues, you don’t have a problem. For instance the minimum wage in South Africa is about 135k when converted to Naira but many of those guys earning minimum wage still live in slum. If you earn 135k in a state like ondo in Nigeria, you can live a decent life based on the Nigeria standards. Quality of life is relative and you need understand this that the fact that one decides to stay in Nigeria or leave Nigeria does not make one a fool. Nigeria is a people. Why have regrets about people you didn’t create? It’s about how you see life bro. Stop jumping into conclusions of who you are replying to, it tells you don’t have a good judgement skills. If you are doing 1 million in revenue, you can’t complain.... fact. I may not be doing 1 million but I believe I can

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Spanishmilf(m): 8:48pm On Feb 21, 2020
shogsman:
The best decision I made was coming back to Nigeria, no place like home I love it here more than anywhere else in the world,the US was cool but not as cool as here,too many people, they do things the same way,too much cold...
Naija is just perfect.the only thing I miss there is the little gum in ardith I used to run.
dey deport this man nii shaa
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by DexterousOne(m): 8:48pm On Feb 21, 2020
ogongogames:

I served in Nigeria about 6 years ago. So I got a glimpse of the situation. I'm grateful however more so regarding the society I've grown up in. My biggest gripe with Nigeria is necessarily the deficiencies in infrastructure but the "dog eats dog" mentality that so many people have.

That mentality pains me a lot

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by praiseneo(m): 8:48pm On Feb 21, 2020
8stargeneral:
Hmm... alright, that's Nigerian system, incompetent in everything .
passport going to 7 months now
I don’t even know what to do or who to run to.
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by hijodedios: 8:52pm On Feb 21, 2020
Many people think of the worst things,bro oyibo peole wont allow you touch their dead family members,but make you try come first
ç
Asadujames202:
Op give me connection make I migrate to Spain.

Even if na to wash dead body I go do am
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Expert17: 8:52pm On Feb 21, 2020
I wish I left early..... cool cool
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 21, 2020
I only MISS LAWLESSNESS
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Rhaspody(m): 8:56pm On Feb 21, 2020
I miss tomatoes stew.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by homirefacuny(m): 8:57pm On Feb 21, 2020
Skyfornia:
Mine was out of frustration. I was working back then in a private company owned by one man, I worked diligently and contributed to the progress of the company, but when some money under my custody was stolen, the company mandated me to pay it back, it wasn't easy cause they were deducting 80% of my salary as a means to recover back the money, so I gathered money and paid the rest, resigned from the company and out of annoyance, I decided to travel to Sweden....but I still come back to this shithole after one year. The worst decision ever!

Haa Jesu Christi.. You got job for NNPC ni? Why you go back huh?
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by sirhamilton(m): 8:59pm On Feb 21, 2020
sowilli:
don’t be an Internet ediot by jumping into conclusion who you are replying to. Do you want me to snap my passport pages for you to see. I want to remain anonymous, would have uploaded pictures. The fact remains if you are doing 1 million in revenues, you don’t have a problem. For instance the minimum wage in South Africa is about 135k when converted to Naira but many of those guys earning minimum wage still live in slum. If you earn 135k in a state like ondo in Nigeria, you can live a decent life based on the Nigeria standards. Quality of life is relative and you need understand this that the fact that one decides to stay in Nigeria or leave Nigeria does not make one a fool. Nigeria is a people. Why have regrets about people you didn’t create? It’s about how you see life bro. Stop jumping into conclusions of who you are replying to, it tells you don’t have a good judgement skills. If you are doing 1 million in revenue, you can’t complain.... fact. I may not be doing 1 million but I believe I can

For someone who's not an "ediot,has good Judgement skills" and claims to be well travelled I'm baffled you'd think it's normal that a citizen of country has to make a certain amount of money before they can enjoy some basic social amenities. Nigeria is now meant for the rich?

11 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 21, 2020
None!
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by wizdomnzube(m): 9:02pm On Feb 21, 2020
WeRblessed:
Have visited Nigeria four times. Mom is Nigerian from Imo State, and she thought me Igbo language and culture. I love the culture. I can write and speak Igbo fluently. I love the village so much. There you can actually eat fruits from the organic trees. My grand mother doesn't buy vegetables from the grocery store. She gets them from the backyard garden. I also love the bushes and the local streams. I love Igbo language. My mom always made sure I learn it, and I have been so grateful that I can speak and write it. I speak Spanish and little German. My college friend Bolla thought me some Yooruba language as well. I regret leaving my cousins and the village. I dont like Nigerian cities, always reminds me of India when I visited. Too crowdy, noisy, dirty, and dangerous drivers.
Omo ehn, it's obvious you're an Ajebutter wink

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by homirefacuny(m): 9:02pm On Feb 21, 2020
I miss family!!!
Nothing else. The sanity in some western nations (I live in Germany) will make you conclude you wasted a whole bunch of your years in that zoo. If you are smart and hard working, you absolutely don't have an excuse not to be successful in the West.

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by 8stargeneral: 9:03pm On Feb 21, 2020
praiseneo:
passport going to 7 months now
I don’t even know what to do or who to run to.
very bad bro... u don't know any officer there who can help u out?
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by omoogunlakaye: 9:04pm On Feb 21, 2020
A lot of people will not tell you the truth about what they are passing through.

While some are having it good a higher percentage are only "not regretting" because of constant light, better transportation, good roads, etc but let them, especially those in non English speaking countries, come out and tell you what they do to survive.

See all na exchange rate. If today naira can equate 20 to 1 or sth closer all these people claiming baba no regrets will run back to Naija. [color=#990000][/color]

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 21, 2020
Ishilove:

Your mates dey carry their chicks to Dubai, your own na Cameroon via Monguro. Mscheeeeeeeew. undecided

You are an unconscious witch. Na human being you dey chop for dream grin

LMAAAAAAOO! Jarhead you don craze finish o. Of all the things to miss, na cool breeze on your mandingo. cheesy cheesy
After talking rubbish, get you ghana-must-go bag ready because I already got your bus tickets to Cameroon. You and Poko my rove will be visiting me soon but as sidechick, you'll be sleeping on the floor for now.
I don't have the strength to have two of you on my bed at the same time, I don't take buruntashi biko.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Obeledu: 9:07pm On Feb 21, 2020
I migrated to Canada 10years ago. You can search my posts then. My regrets are my children. It is becoming increasingly likely that they will not be returning to Nigeria. I am from Anambra state, I want my children to remember their root. I am making every effort to see that i take them home this year at least. With that maybe they will establish relationships and possibly marry from Nigeria. If not I fear we will loose them

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply)

My Street Amid Last Day Of COVID-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / Which Country Is Easy And Cheap For A Person To Go And Hustle? / Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.