Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

What Made Nigeria So Populated - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Made Nigeria So Populated (19983 Views)

Amaechi To Be Made Nigeria Ambassador To Australia. / Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan / Who Is The Most Corrupt President In Nigeria So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by kobojokobo: 9:01am On Dec 19, 2010
^^^

How did you know thyat those numbers are not accurate

Did you ever work for census?

Or do you have an inside information that we dont know?

Do you work for governement?
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by chyz(m): 9:07am On Dec 19, 2010
kobojokobo:

^^^

Don't be a fool to yourself. 1 LGA in Imo as at least 1 million people. My relatives have been to katsina and told be about it.They said there is literally nobody living in katsina state(figuratively speaking though) but in the census its marked down for having 5 million people.lol
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by OchiAgha2(m): 9:08am On Dec 19, 2010
kobojokobo,

Of course the numbers are flawed. We all know that population matters in Nigeria. In terms of politics and how much money a region is allocated. In Africa in general, population will always be a determining factor. The reason why I say that those numbers are not accurate is due to the fact that United Nations has classified Eastern Nigeria as one of the most densely populated regions in the world. We are not just talking about just Nigeria, or Africa, we are talking about the world. This is a fact.

I shall provide you with evidence, since seeing is believing.

Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 19, 2010
kobojokobo:

^^^

When you know that your street and your friend's street has 9 children per family, wont you also be suspicious?

I think the Yoruba population is higher than that too.  undecided
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by kobojokobo: 9:20am On Dec 19, 2010
chyz:

Don't be a fool to yourself. 1 LGA in Imo as at least 1 million people. My relatives have been to katsina and told be about it.They said there is literally nobody living in katsina state(figuratively speaking though) but in the census its marked down for having 5 million people.lol

You guys are funny

Perception is never reality

You think the federal government sat down, after collating the data, to readjust the figures for the sole purpose of marginalizing the SE?

Did your relative go to Katsina to count people? And Did he/she travel through the length and breadth of Katsina? Just so you know, no census figure is accurate, not even the US census, does that mean it should be discarded? An honest approach was made to count the inhabitants of the country, and it has come out not how a section of the country wants it, and in their usual manner they are crying foul play.

Maybe the SE is just not as populated as you would have us believe? This is not the first time census is being carried out in Nigeria. In all attempts, the north has always come tops. Why is that hard for anyone to believe.

So who is doing the readjustments if I may ask?
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by OchiAgha2(m): 9:23am On Dec 19, 2010
kobojokobo,

I see that you have ignored my post. The fact that I am not dealing with perception, but cold hard facts is something that you are running away from. I find it quite amusing. Let me provide you with another map. What do you see? I am pretty sure that this 1978 map hasn't changed much concerning population. I also provided another map that clearly shows the population density of each region. Anambra State alone is densely populated.

Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by kobojokobo: 9:27am On Dec 19, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

kobojokobo,

Of course the numbers are flawed. We all know that population matters in Nigeria. In terms of politics and how much money a region is allocated. In Africa in general, population will always be a determining factor. The reason why I say that those numbers are not accurate is due to the fact that United Nations has classified Eastern Nigeria as one of the most densely populated regions in the world. We are not just talking about just Nigeria, or Africa, we are talking about the world. This is a fact.
I shall provide you with evidence, since seeing is believing.

Did the UN come down to the SE to count people?
Did the same UN not tell us that Iraq had WMD?
IS it not the same UN where corruption is rampant, actually more than Nigeria

UN is no more credible than the Nigerian government. If you think the SE is the most densely populated area in the world, then you need your head checked. And for you to think that the UN recognizes the SE as a distinct region is just ridiculous. Take your head out of your arse for once. Provide evidence!
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by chyz(m): 9:32am On Dec 19, 2010
kobojokobo:

You guys are funny

Perception is never reality

You think the federal government sat down, after collating the data, to readjust the figures for the sole purpose of marginalizing the SE?

Did your relative go to Katsina to count people? And Did he/she travel through the length and breadth of Katsina? Just so you know, no census figure is accurate, not even the US census, does that mean it should be discarded? An honest approach was made to count the inhabitants of the country, and it has come out not how a section of the country wants it, and in their usual manner they are crying foul play.

Maybe the SE is just not as populated as you would have us  believe? This is not the first time census is being carried out in Nigeria. In all attempts, the north has always come tops. Why is that hard for anyone to believe.

So who is doing the readjustments if I may ask?

There is nobody living in katsina and you know it.yes they've been all around katsina and have stayed there for some time. You and I both know that those figures are false. Those northern states are mainly land. There is no way there are more people in the north that the south and that is a fact. I will take u to one LGA in abia and than you see if those fake numbers arent the most hilarious BS you've ever seen. The most powerful nations in the world, the U.S. and Britain have said nigerian census figures were false plus world demographic maps,satellite pictures, names registered in institutional systems in states prove that and you think we nigerians in the south are going to believe that BS figures I just posted?  I laugh in japanese.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by OchiAgha2(m): 9:35am On Dec 19, 2010
kobojokobo:

Did the UN come down to the SE to count people?
Did the same UN not tell us that Iraq had WMD?
IS it not the same UN where corruption is rampant, actually more than Nigeria

UN is no more credible than the Nigerian government. If you think the SE is the most densely populated area in the world, then you need your head checked. And for you to think that the UN recognizes the SE as a distinct region is just ridiculous. Take your head out of your arse for once. Provide evidence!

I see that I am arguing with a buffoon of the highest order. As [b]chyz [/b]has mentioned, world demographic maps, and satellite imaging has shown time and time against which region in Nigeria has the highest population. The writing is on the wall. You can deny it all you want, but it wont change a thing. I have provided you evidence and you still cannot see. I see no use arguing with you any longer, because you will continue to be a doubting Thomas.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by kobojokobo: 9:45am On Dec 19, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

I see that I am arguing with a buffoon of the highest order. As chyz [/b]has mentioned, [b]world demographic maps, and satellite imaging has shown time and time against which region in Nigeria has the highest population. The writing is on the wall. You can deny it all you want, but it wont change a thing. I have provided you evidence and you still cannot see. I see no use arguing with you any longer, because you will continue to be a doubting Thomas.

Satellite information from whom?

Do you realize that the US is presently doing her own census, at least they are at the data intrepretation stage. Did they do it by satellite count or the old fashion way of counting people by moving from house to house?

Since you are a college student, I will advise you to take a course in critical thinking/analysis; you did not provide the source, no article, no P no, no standard error, no knowledge of how the data was calculated, ANOVA Vs. Chi square, nothing, and you expect me to accept your conclusion just so because it is coming from Omemani. You can call me buffoon all you want, it still hasnt changed the truth. The SE is neither the most densely populated region in the world nor in Nigeria for that matter.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by kobojokobo: 9:52am On Dec 19, 2010
chyz:

There is nobody living in katsina and you know it.yes they've been all around katsina and have stayed there for some time. You and I both know that those figures are false. Those northern states are mainly land. There is no way there are more people in the north that the south and that is a fact. I will take u to one LGA in abia and than you see if those fake numbers arent the most hilarious BS you've ever seen. The most powerful nations in the world, the U.S. and Britain have said nigerian census figures were false plus world demographic maps,satellite pictures, names registered in institutional systems in states prove that and you think we nigerians in the south are going to believe that BS figures I just posted? I laugh in japanese.

I think those figures represent the true state of things. Provide evidence and stop pulling stuff from thin air. As for your assertion, Re: Abia Vs. Katsina, again your perception of things is not enough to discredit hard facts from the data collected by real people in real time. The census figure is mainly data from people residing in Nigeria. I do agree with you that if everyone were counted, including those in the diaspora, the south may come close to the number from the north, since majority of Nigerians in the disapora are from the south. Untill then, we have to make do with hard facts.

Again, stop deluding yourself, and face realities squarely.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by chyz(m): 9:53am On Dec 19, 2010
kobojokobo:

I think those figures represent the true state of things. Provide evidence and stop pulling stuff from thin air. As for your assertion, Re: Abia Vs. Katsina, again your perception of things is not enough to discredit hard facts from the data collected by real people in real time. The census figure is mainly data from people residing in Nigeria. I do agree with you that if everyone were counted, including those in the diaspora, the south may come close to the number from the north, since majority of Nigerians in the disapora are from the south. Untill then, we have to make do with hard facts.

Again, stop deluding yourself, and face realities squarely.

Evidence have been provided so accept it.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by strangerf: 9:57am On Dec 19, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

kobojokobo,

I see that you have ignored my post. The fact that I am not dealing with perception, but cold hard facts is something that you are running away from. I find it quite amusing. Let me provide you with another map. What do you see? I am pretty sure that this 1978 map hasn't changed much concerning population. I also provided another map that clearly shows the population density of each region. Anambra State alone is densely populated.

What I see from that map is that Lagos is the most densely populated area in Nigeria, and that the SE is no more dense than the N and the SW.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by kobojokobo: 10:04am On Dec 19, 2010
chyz:

Evidence have been provided so accept it.

Where is the SE on that list

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_proper_by_population_density

Nigeria is not even there!
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by chyz(m): 10:05am On Dec 19, 2010
strangerf:

What I see from that map is that Lagos is the most densely populated area in Nigeria, and that the SE is no more dense than the N and the SW.

What you see is proof that there is alot of non-yorubas in lagos,especially the Igbo.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by chyz(m): 10:10am On Dec 19, 2010
kobojokobo:

Where is the SE on that list

Nigeria is not even there!

"This is a list of the cities with the highest population density. The population, population density, and land area for the cities listed are based on the entire city proper, the defined boundary or border of a city or the city limits of the city. The population density of the cities listed is based on the average amount of people living per square mile or per square kilometer. This list does not refer to the population, population density, or land area of the greater metropolitan area or urban area and also does not target a particular city district of any of the cities listed."

Also the SE is not a CITY it is an geo-political area.I'm guessing you are refering to Igboland, which stretches outside of the SE zone, being densely populated?.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by kobojokobo: 10:14am On Dec 19, 2010
^^^^

The is only one way to prove this:

Provide the population density of the SE
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by chyz(m): 10:20am On Dec 19, 2010
kobojokobo:

^^^^

The is only one way to prove this:

Provide the  population density of the SE

Umm duh. . .didn't Ochi Agha already do that? . Try going through the page(this page) genius.smh. undecided
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by kobojokobo: 10:21am On Dec 19, 2010
Chyz And Omemani

Igboland, or Igbo land (Igbo: Ala Igbo, Ani Igbo or Ali Igbo), is a cultural region in Nigeria that includes the indigenous territory and cultural reach of the Igbo people. Igboland takes up a large part of southeastern Nigeria and predates the country by thousands of years with pottery found in the Okigwe-Nsukka axis dating back to 4,500 B.C.[3] The land has the oldest kingdom in the country, the Kingdom of Nri. Following the independence of Nigeria from the United Kingdom, most of Igboland was part of the Eastern Region and later formed the core of the secessionist Republic of Biafra. In Nigeria today, Igboland is roughly made up of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo, and parts of Delta and Rivers State.[4] Small parts of Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Benue and Bayelsa State make up the rest of Igboland. There are over 30 million people in Igboland and with a density ranging from 1000 per sq. mile in high density areas and 350 per sq. mile in low density areas,[5] it could be the densest area in Africa after the Nile Valley.[6][7] Together it has an area of some 15,800 to 16,000 square miles.[

Which is a far cry from your privious assertions!

Let us stick to facts guys: Igboland is not as dense as you would like us believe!
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by chyz(m): 10:30am On Dec 19, 2010
kobojokobo:

Chyz And Omemani

Igboland, or Igbo land (Igbo: Ala Igbo, Ani Igbo or Ali Igbo), is a cultural region in Nigeria that includes the indigenous territory and cultural reach of the Igbo people. Igboland takes up a large part of southeastern Nigeria and predates the country by thousands of years with pottery found in the Okigwe-Nsukka axis dating back to 4,500 B.C.[3] The land has the oldest kingdom in the country, the Kingdom of Nri. Following the independence of Nigeria from the United Kingdom, most of Igboland was part of the Eastern Region and later formed the core of the secessionist Republic of Biafra. In Nigeria today, Igboland is roughly made up of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo, and parts of Delta and Rivers State.[4] Small parts of Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Benue and Bayelsa State make up the rest of Igboland. There are over 30 million people in Igboland and with a density ranging from 1000 per sq. mile in high density areas and 350 per sq. mile in low density areas,[5] it could be the densest area in Africa after the Nile Valley.[6][7] Together it has an area of some 15,800 to 16,000 square miles.[

Which is a far cry from your privious assertions!

Let us stick to facts guys: Igboland is not as dense as you would like us believe!

Do you know that you just proved our point and admitted to what we said being true. The thing that you posted even proves that the cense that was posted was falsified lol. As a matter of fact, it says that Igboland alone has more people than every region in the north except the NW, and that is only by 5 million. Use your brain dude grin
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by strangerf: 10:33am On Dec 19, 2010
^^^

I dont think you understand the difference between population and population density!

Being more dense does not equal to being more populated
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 19, 2010
a Hot dick and an aching Kitty-Cat
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by az77zy(m): 11:27am On Dec 19, 2010
If you want to understand the mystery behide nigeria's population then think of the jews population increment while in captivity in eygpt. The truth is nigeria is a land heavily blessed and covered by the spirit of God. Rapid growth in any aspect of human life is usually the sign of God's blessing

1 Like

Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by deadie(m): 11:34am On Dec 19, 2010
It has nothing to do with land mass, otherwise Russia should have the most population in the world.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Beaf: 11:57am On Dec 19, 2010
This is one funny thread!
I have travelled all over Nigeria, and been to practically all the 36 states (barring Cross River, Kebbi, Sokoto and Zamfara). In practically every state of the North, you can stand on a high place and very nearly see Chad and Niger. grin
When driving, you can travel pretty hefty distances between very tiny hamlets of ten or twenty huts. embarassed

Our population figures are wrong. Its my opinion that popultation densities have been rejigged to suit the North, because people no de deh!
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by wazobiang: 12:51pm On Dec 19, 2010
itz da jizm shooting up in da holes!
everi minite
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:04pm On Dec 19, 2010
guys so which year census had the correct numbers
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ikeyman00(m): 2:39pm On Dec 19, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^

is it the reason southern african women are usually drunk?
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by mystikal(m): 2:43pm On Dec 19, 2010
@ Akwaowoudo and Nsiman, Kuboro mmo!
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:47pm On Dec 19, 2010
ikeyman00:

^^^^^^^^^^^

is it the reason southern african women are usually drunk?

what it wrong to ask the question ?
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ikeyman00(m): 3:17pm On Dec 19, 2010
^^^^
dnt know
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:19pm On Dec 19, 2010
ikeyman00:

^^^^
dnt know

you dont now ? so where does your question fit in with the question i asked?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My Constable Will Arrest Any Errant Governor – Mbu / "Buhari Has Been Fulfilling His Campaign Promises" - Lai Mohammed / Kinsmen Move To Recall Okorocha From Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.