Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,943 members, 7,814,186 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi (75488 Views)

Why I Married Moronke Naomi Silekunola - Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi / Tope Adesegun And Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi Set To Wed / Davood Roostaei Draws Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi's Portrait In USA (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by autofreak2020(m): 4:22pm On Feb 21, 2020
Yoruba have one of the finest tradition in terms of respect and courtesy.

Oni is the King of the land that we came from, that's the origin of all Yorubas.

Regardless of state, we all respect our Royal heads.

I am Abimbola, a Lead Strategist at Kobobrand
, we help you grow your businesses with free useful information regardless of size.
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by EddyRx: 4:22pm On Feb 21, 2020
Waytolife:
Pls I have a question, am not trying to be rude but just inquisitive, if I decide not to join in prostrating, what will happen? Will i be arrested or cursed?
He is a really wonderful man, you won't see it as a big deal when you meet him.
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by lagdmark(m): 4:22pm On Feb 21, 2020
IamPatriotic:
They respect Ancestors, Ooni is not ordinary.
Ooni na ordinary guy man. Even prince rejected royalty for Uk
Ancestor ko, Abraham nee.
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by autofreak2020(m): 4:24pm On Feb 21, 2020
Preshyusbarbie:
Na so. Confirm oduduwa people

Hey, send me DM. I would love a cartoon of myself.
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by hokafor(m): 4:25pm On Feb 21, 2020
If one of this ladies kneeling down happened to be my wife, she will tell me how times she has knelt down to greet me.

1 Like

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Preshyusbarbie(f): 4:26pm On Feb 21, 2020
autofreak2020:

Hey, send me DM. I would love a cartoon of myself.
Please message our number
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Princeton92(m): 4:27pm On Feb 21, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Nice one
Respect

But the most feared and respected of all obas is the Oba of Benin

Good for whoever that holds the office, its no competition!
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by AmazingELixir: 4:29pm On Feb 21, 2020
cool cool cool

Correct flexing ooni wey no dey behave like Afonja
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by HAKYN1: 4:30pm On Feb 21, 2020
AmazingELixir:
cool cool cool

Correct flexing ooni wey no dey behave like Afonja

Osu, by their comments we shall know them

2 Likes

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Tonnyray: 4:32pm On Feb 21, 2020
EddyRx:
He is a really wonderful man, you won't see it as a big deal when you meet him.
You're right. Met him twice. Two of my older cousins were his classmates in Loyola College, Ibadan. Really cool guy.

5 Likes

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by ashawopikin(m): 4:32pm On Feb 21, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Nice one
Respect

But the most feared and respected of all obas is the Oba of Benin
you don't mess with the oba of Benin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by AmazingELixir: 4:33pm On Feb 21, 2020
HAKYN1:

Osu, by their comments we shall know them

Ogun kee you dia anumanu..
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by purplerope: 4:33pm On Feb 21, 2020
Na so
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Gbemini(m): 4:33pm On Feb 21, 2020
Waytolife:
Pls I have a question, am not trying to be rude but just inquisitive, if I decide not to join in prostrating, what will happen? Will i be arrested or cursed?
Owogbo lo niye [color=#000000][/color]
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by explosiveskull(m): 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2020
This is beautiful but I hate public life
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by miqos02(m): 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2020
joey150:
This "tradition" should be only restricted to his palace.

I don't see why anybody should kneel or prostrate to this man outside of his palace. When he flies abroad does anybody kneel or bow to him?

If I didn't know any better I would think they were his slaves. I figure Africans have been enslaving each other long before the white man came.
this is just PR for the hotel
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Yankee101: 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2020
I don dey vex, but all na marketing I come realize
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by back2sender: 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2020
Waytolife:
Omo ale
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by adenigga(m): 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2020
Waytolife:

Bros! Nothing will happen.

He's not the one feeding you.

But don't be surprised if the monarch have a substantial amount of shares in that hotel, so, they are just playing safe.
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by ThatFairGuy: 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2020
No mind them. I'm Yoruba and can't do such nonsense. It's against my Faith
Waytolife:
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by chiefolododo(m): 4:37pm On Feb 21, 2020
Waytolife:

1 Like

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Burningface697: 4:37pm On Feb 21, 2020
see below
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by mechanics(m): 4:37pm On Feb 21, 2020
He's a jovial king, he does not discriminate at all.
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by portplus: 4:38pm On Feb 21, 2020
Waytolife:

Nothing o.

Those prostrating or kneeling probably did not plan to do so.

No consequences attached. It's just a way of showing respect for the royal father....And most Obas do not insist especially if you are not from the Yoruba race.

But when you see very senior men prostrating and elderly women kneeling effortless before the king, you will try to do something even..... if na to bow grin so that you won't be the odd one out.

3 Likes

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by CaptainFM1: 4:38pm On Feb 21, 2020
Waytolife:

Whilst nothing may happen to you, you just may have blocked your path to all the blessings the gods have to offer.

Having said that....You will have this modern era to thank for your life. Oh yeah, gone are those days your blood shall be fed to the deities.

Don't ever underestimate the powers deposited in these traditional rulers.

2 Likes

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Alashoalash10: 4:39pm On Feb 21, 2020
Waytolife:
You will not be arrested or cursed only you will been seen as going against our culture and the fun of it
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by ThatFairGuy: 4:39pm On Feb 21, 2020
Out of pride, I can't do this nonsense. It's against my Faith. I'll stand to greet him or avoid meeting him.

1 Like

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Mutemenot(m): 4:40pm On Feb 21, 2020
Ooni boys be looking like barrow pushers

1 Like

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Alashoalash10: 4:42pm On Feb 21, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
No mind them. I'm Yoruba and can't do such nonsense. It's against my Faith
which is your faith that doesn't teach respect for the king,don't been arrogant both Islam and Christianity teaches respect for the kings

1 Like

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Revolva(m): 4:45pm On Feb 21, 2020
Why won't you kneel down

A Paramount ruler of a tribe

Dem go just slap ur ear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Oba Of Benin Was Covering His Mouth / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi Leads Praise & Worship At Ooni's Palace In Ile-ife / Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.