Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi (75496 Views)

Why I Married Moronke Naomi Silekunola - Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi / Tope Adesegun And Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi Set To Wed / Davood Roostaei Draws Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi's Portrait In USA (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by potent5(m): 5:44pm On Feb 21, 2020
Don't mind Nigerians with unnecessary fear and bias which has emboldened Muslims into entitlement mentality. I see no reason why any body and everybody can criticize Christianity and Christ himself without any checks. But if you are to comment on Islamic issues you must first follow a stewpid protocol. Hypocrisy of the highest order.
allandutch:
Is there a reason behind having to make a declaration before commenting on any Muslim topic on this platform?
I mean, Are they also restricted from commenting on topics from other religions?

1 Like

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Akanoaaa(m): 5:45pm On Feb 21, 2020
[quote author=chiefolododo post=86841923][/quote]
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Akpacha(m): 5:48pm On Feb 21, 2020
joey150:
This "tradition" should be restricted to his palace.

I don't see why anybody should kneel or prostrate to this man outside of his palace. When he flies abroad does anybody kneel or bow to him?

If I didn't know any better I would think they were his slaves. I figure Africans have been enslaving each other long before the white man came.
That's just it, I will loss my job that day cos I wouldn't do this, wait till I visit ur palace. Rubbish!
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Akanoaaa(m): 5:51pm On Feb 21, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
No mind them. I'm Yoruba and can't do such nonsense. It's against my Faith

Respect to your elders is against your faith abi? Which stupid faith is
that? Not even ordinary elder o, a whole Oni of Ife. You're definitely
not a Yoruba or not brought up from a good and respected family.
Yorubas are not like other tribe over there who greets their parents
good morning with hand shake.

2 Likes

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Akpacha(m): 5:55pm On Feb 21, 2020
helinues:
How is this prostration? Or prostration Don get another meaning ni?

These people are kneeling down ni now
seriously I don't get how an adult kneeling down like this, got to do with culture, this is not ooni palace for heaven sake! Me I will not do it!
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Ghabz(m): 5:56pm On Feb 21, 2020
Waytolife:
Pls I have a question, am not trying to be rude but just inquisitive, if I decide not to join in prostrating, what will happen? Will i be arrested or cursed?
Neither of the two, you won't be forced to do so but sighting him only will make you frighting & going on kneels will soften it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Kingstanding: 5:56pm On Feb 21, 2020
Waytolife:
Pls I have a question, am not trying to be rude but just inquisitive, if I decide not to join in prostrating, what will happen? Will i be arrested or cursed?
. Well, if you see royal King like Ooni of Ife and you refused to prostrate that is your choice but...........
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by ThatFairGuy: 6:01pm On Feb 21, 2020
Idobale kiisewa that's what Yoruba adage said... It's against my Faith (Islam) to prostrate for ANYTHING other than Allah... There're other way to respect other than prostration
Alashoalash10:
which is your faith that doesn't teach respect for the king,don't been arrogant both Islam and Christianity teaches respect for the kings
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Daroldigits: 6:05pm On Feb 21, 2020
It means you're ready to be he goat immediately
Waytolife:
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by ThatFairGuy: 6:05pm On Feb 21, 2020
Stop ranting. I'm very sure you won't be as respectful as I am with what you've typed. Idobale kiise'wa, that's what the adage said. When you're not a fool, why would you shake your parent? Understand me, it's against my Faith (Islam) to prostrate for ANYTHING other than Allah. Omo yooba atata mini tiwon de bi ni ile're. Stop mincing prostration for respect, they're quite different
Akanoaaa:

Respect to your elders is against your faith abi? Which stupid faith is
that? Not even ordinary elder o, a whole Oni of Ife. You're definitely
not a Yoruba or not brought up from a good and respected family.
Yorubas are not like other tribe over there who greets their parents
good morning with hand shake.

2 Likes

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by charlesucheh(m): 6:08pm On Feb 21, 2020
Waytolife:
you'll lose your job. simple!
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by ma373733(m): 6:08pm On Feb 21, 2020
Yoruba amaka gringrin
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by spiritmasquerad(m): 6:16pm On Feb 21, 2020
joey150:

I don't see why anybody should kneel or prostrate to this man outside of his palace. When he flies abroad does anybody kneel or bow to him?

If I didn't know any better I would think they were his slaves. I figure Africans have been enslaving each other long before the white man came.
I just hate stupidity are you not African or you don't just care about tradition because of the white man, we should throw away our culture because people that don't know it don't do it. If you go to visit queen Elizabeth you won't bow abi, all this white man mental slave trying to form woke online
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by spiritmasquerad(m): 6:18pm On Feb 21, 2020
joey150:

[quote author=joey150 post=86841120]
I just hate stupidity are you not African or you don't just care about tradition because of the white man, we should throw away our culture because people that don't know it don't do it. If you go to visit queen Elizabeth you won't bow abi, all this white man mental slave trying to form woke online
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by CliffordAde: 6:40pm On Feb 21, 2020
Waytolife:
No one will arrest not curse you for that, especially if you are not Yoruba. However, those who follow him may not allow you get closer, because you are disobeying a highly reffered institution.
Those things are not meant for him, they are meant for a highly reverred institution which he represents.
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by SmileDance(f): 6:40pm On Feb 21, 2020
Waytolife:
you won't be arrested or cursed, its not by force to prostrate, but its their culture.
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by SmileDance(f): 6:41pm On Feb 21, 2020
Akpacha:
seriously I don't get how an adult kneeling down like this, got to do with culture, this is not ooni palace for heaven sake! Me I will not do it!
its not by force o. Please don't be angry
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Aafsat(f): 6:53pm On Feb 21, 2020
It's just a sign of respect.
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by babadem2much(m): 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2020
Tell them to kneel down in the church now they will start complaining.... People I see that command respect in this country are Arm robbers and polithiefcians
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by kings11ng(m): 7:01pm On Feb 21, 2020
The igboman doesn't prostrate for nobody..
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Adakintroy2: 7:03pm On Feb 21, 2020
Waytolife:
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Bellotelli: 7:12pm On Feb 21, 2020
joey150:

Dude forget all these facade.. All is just for patronage and to chop his money. After all, he will be staying in the best suit available there.
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Ambber(f): 7:13pm On Feb 21, 2020
The respect ✊ is for what he represents, that’s our tradition

1 Like

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by supereagle(m): 7:21pm On Feb 21, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Why can't the ladies sit on his laps
Show respect for his royalty.
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by majamajic(m): 7:23pm On Feb 21, 2020
Preshyusbarbie:
Na so. Confirm oduduwa people

Including the oyibo ?

1 Like

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Slimsly100(f): 7:28pm On Feb 21, 2020
joey150:

Na so Dem brain reach bros.
And e fit still be marketing strategy say Ooni Lodge for our place 3days o, so na standard hotel. So influential people, polithiefians, etc make una come dey patronize us o
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by majamajic(m): 7:28pm On Feb 21, 2020
The king didn't force them to do it ,

They did on their own , for hospitality sake of their hotel

Oni has visited many hotels in Nigeria , but this is the first time all the staff knelt for him including the oyibo ,

They just did it , not tradition !
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Donjuan77: 7:29pm On Feb 21, 2020
the ooni of ife did not even show any appreciation that people are prostrating to him, did you also noticed that.
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by AnthonyAk(m): 7:29pm On Feb 21, 2020
Yoruba people and servitude. Its in their blood
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Slimsly100(f): 7:32pm On Feb 21, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Stop ranting. I'm very sure you won't be as respectful as I am with what you've typed. Idobale kiise'wa, that's what the adage said. When you're not a fool, why would you shake your parent? Understand me, it's against my Faith (Islam) to prostrate for ANYTHING other than Allah. Omo yooba atata mini tiwon de bi ni ile're. Stop mincing prostration for respect, they're quite different

God blesd you @Thatfairguy

Ìdòbálé kò kín se ìwà l'óòótó angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by slowice(m): 7:37pm On Feb 21, 2020
Lol, they are just selling there market.. If you know you know grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Oba Of Benin Was Covering His Mouth / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi Leads Praise & Worship At Ooni's Palace In Ile-ife / Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.