Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,012 members, 7,814,455 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi (75495 Views)

Why I Married Moronke Naomi Silekunola - Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi / Tope Adesegun And Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi Set To Wed / Davood Roostaei Draws Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi's Portrait In USA (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by TAO11(f): 5:02pm On Feb 22, 2020
Hello young man --- ghostwon :

Everyone is waiting on you to explain why the Oba of Benin pays homage to the Ooni of Ife.

The expert testimony clearly says so as I have repeatedly shown from the British Museum documentary.

Your cheap face-saving excuse, that the video is one comprising of many, obviously holds no water. You have to do better than that. grin Why not focus on one of the many combined videos at a time? cheesy

Moreover, the following is another expert testimony found in "The Art of Benin: An Evaluation Based on Discussions with William Fagg, Deputy Keeper of Ethnography in the British Museum" by Margaret Plass:

"... Oba Oguola --- supposed to have reigned about A.D. 1280 --- applied to his spiritual OVERLORD, the Oni of Ife, for the service of a bronze founder to teach his people to make the memorial bronzes formerly imported from Ife, ..."

Refer here (https://www.penn.museum/sites/expedition/the-art-of-benin/) for details. cheesy

cc: 2fine2fast

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by sprints1: 9:56pm On Feb 22, 2020
Waytolife:
Pls I have a question, am not trying to be rude but just inquisitive, if I decide not to join in prostrating, what will happen? Will i be arrested or cursed?
but you can kneel for your wife.. Na king na zo dem dey enjoy life
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Ayanfeoluxyz(f): 12:36pm On Feb 23, 2020
TAO11:

Oh, it seems you have just added some more stuffs pretending to have a comeback grin (stop laughing TAO).

Okay let's see what you got and destroy them as always. cheesy

1. (a) "The Oba of Benin never paid homage to the Ooni of Ife":

Says who? ... Says the voices in the head of an irrelevant, inconsequential, and unknown Nairalander who goes by the name, ghostown. grin

(b) "The Oba of Benin paid homage to the Ooni of Ife."

Says who? ... Says experts of Benin history, e.g. The British Museum curators on the Ife-Benin connection.

Refer to time stamp 47:16 to 49:00 of the BM historical documentary below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQY_Jd--pwI&t=2070s

Do I have to say more?

The guy is just intellectually lazy! Don't worry yourself over him jare

2 Likes

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by TAO11(f): 1:25pm On Feb 23, 2020
Ayanfeoluxyz:
The guy is just intellectually lazy! Don't worry yourself over him jare

Thanks jarey!

It's actually not his fault. I understand what went wrong.

Most Binis have actually been lied so much to about the Ife-Benin connection.

And the lies were really effective on them because they were fed to them from a very young age by some of the persons in thier personal lives they trusted mostly.

It's now 50 years of accumulated lies since the 1970s.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by splashbaby(m): 6:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ayanfeoluxyz:
when you are through with d jargons you are spewing, I think I should be able to lecture u a bit. for ur information (International Relations/History)
You are stoopidly ethnocentric, it either you toll the part of sanity and get schooled properly or you keep pressing the self destruct button of hate for the Yorubas. As female this hatred is getting you worked up.... Menopause is not far away from you if you continue like this my dear hateful child of the lost tribe of Israel... Jews wannabe.
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by splashbaby(m): 7:39pm On Feb 25, 2020
AnthonyAk:
[img][/img]

Dawg u literally just described the plight of yoruba folks
You are not lettered, you expose your naughtiness without shame.
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by AnthonyAk(m): 9:22pm On Feb 25, 2020
splashbaby:
You are not lettered, you expose your naughtiness without shame.

lol this again? guy leave am
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Ayanfeoluxyz(f): 9:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
splashbaby:
You are stoopidly ethnocentric, it either you toll the part of sanity and get schooled properly or you keep pressing the self destruct button of hate for the Yorubas. As female this hatred is getting you worked up.... Menopause is not far away from you if you continue like this my dear hateful child of the lost tribe of Israel... Jews wannabe.
"Ethnocentric, Menopause" what a waste you are to this generation
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by splashbaby(m): 12:13am On Feb 26, 2020
Ayanfeoluxyz:
"Ethnocentric, Menopause" what a waste you are to this generation
Get yourself a dictionary hateful dimwit
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Ayanfeoluxyz(f): 4:16am On Feb 26, 2020
splashbaby:
Get yourself a dictionary hateful dimwit
Since you have chronic problem with comprehension may be you should get yourself one it will do you a whole lot of good! How would a sane person be bias to his/her root. "Telling me I pressing a self destruct button of hate for the Yoruba" shows your poor comprehensive ability... so surprised how you passed English Language in your SSCE. continue to show off your arrant stupidity here
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by splashbaby(m): 8:20am On Feb 26, 2020
Ayanfeoluxyz:
Since you have chronic problem with comprehension may be you should get yourself one it will do you a whole lot of good! How would a sane person be bias to his/her root. "Telling me I pressing a self destruct button of hate for the Yoruba" shows your poor comprehensive ability... so surprised how you passed English Language in your SSCE. continue to show off your arrant stupidity here
Idiota, we are talking about Oni of IFÈ and rich Yorùbá tradition, and you're all over the place talking about Bight of Benin bu''lshit...no comprehension olodo rapata. Perhaps you just learnt the word Bight and went gaga with it. Ẹranko lásán-làsàn, ìran ajá
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Ayanfeoluxyz(f): 2:38pm On Feb 26, 2020
splashbaby:
Idiota, we are talking about Oni of IFÈ and rich Yorùbá tradition, and you're all over the place talking about Bight of Benin bu''lshit...no comprehension olodo rapata. Perhaps you just learnt the word Bight and went gaga with it. Ẹranko lásán-làsàn, ìran ajá
Why are you so stupid like this? did I ever talk about bight of Benin in any of my post? Now I know you have chronic problem with reading and comprehension! Do yourself a favour go back to every of my quotes on the thread and read all over again. Your stupidity nah follow come oga make una pack well oo. "Agbani ni loju; orukun n seje..."
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by splashbaby(m): 7:21am On Feb 27, 2020
Ayanfeoluxyz:
Why are you so stupid like this? did I ever talk about bight of Benin in any of my post? Now I know you have chronic problem with reading and comprehension! Do yourself a favour go back to every of my quotes on the thread and read all over again. Your stupidity nah follow come oga make una pack well oo. "Agbani ni loju; orukun n seje..."
Alaso akisa tó on jó lóru ni e...Yoruba is too big for you and the rest of your miserable tribe to look down on. You will always find yourself within firing zone if you don't seal up your dirty mouth.
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Ayanfeoluxyz(f): 2:43pm On Feb 27, 2020
splashbaby:
Alaso akisa tó on jó lóru ni e...Yoruba is too big for you and the rest of your miserable tribe to look down on. You will always find yourself within firing zone if you don't seal up your dirty mouth.
Now I know I should not dignify your stupidity with responses again. when you are through with your madness you can check back my quotes... ori ti o ba buru orun nii i ko fi dun eeyan
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by splashbaby(m): 7:24pm On Feb 27, 2020
Ayanfeoluxyz:
Now I know I should not dignify your stupidity with responses again. when you are through with your madness you can check back my quotes... ori ti o ba buru orun nii i ko fi dun eeyan
Ẹranko, olórí burúkú ọmọ àlè jatijati.. Ìran àwọn wéré... You are justifying your stupidity with sound English.
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Ayanfeoluxyz(f): 8:19pm On Feb 27, 2020
splashbaby:
Ẹranko, olórí burúkú ọmọ àlè jatijati.. Ìran àwọn wéré... You are justifying your stupidity with sound English.
Funra oniko ni fi enu ara ee peku. ohun to a pa eee lo rawo le yen!
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Dartilo(m): 7:52am On Feb 28, 2020
Yoruba always attaching demself to anything Benin to claim the fatherly Glory. .

Ife from the beginning of time was a spiritual town, the oni was a priest and not a king, it was d colonial masters dat elevated the position to dat of a king...

Oba gha to kpe re

Ise....
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Dartilo(m): 7:56am On Feb 28, 2020
What your definition of conquered, let's start wit dat.

quote author=TAO11 post=86862173]

Another dumb logic as is to be expected from one of our conquered subjects at Ile-Ubinu.

There is "Bight of Benin", but NO "Bight of France", NO "Bight of Russia", NO "Bight of Britain", NO "Bight of America", NO "Bight of Germany", etc., hence Benin is greater? You see your life? cheesy

I doubt if you know what a Bight means, or what the Bight of Benin signify historically; otherwise you wouldn't have messed yourself up and bare your ignorance this way.

Anyways, the Yoruba language is spoken in other African countries apart from Nigeria, all thanks to the exploits of ancient Ife and the Great Oyo Empire. Please name me one African country where Edo language was adopted.

Moreover, why did you shy away from telling everyone here that the kings of Benin kingdom paid homage to Ile-Ife??

I posted this fact (on the other thread) and I noticed when you saw it and quietly fled to "guest"cheesy

Have a look at it one more time referring to time stamp 47:16 to 49:00 of the British Museum historical documentary below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQY_Jd--pwI&t=2070s
[/quote]
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Dartilo(m): 8:20am On Feb 28, 2020
It's so funny how and y d afonja pple r very much in need of distorting history...

Atleast it's on record dat it was only d British dat defeated d Benin empire no other ethnic group in present day Nigeria lay claim to that, even Usman dam fodio fled from war against d Edo pple, you can Google d igodomigodo war...

Talking about conquer it is on record dat otun on Ekiti state was d boundary of Benin empire in d West, it covers all of ondo, Lagos and part of ekiti..

Question is who conquer who...

Oduduwa who u guys so much worship and claim to b d father is a direct descendant from Benin,until u guys accept dis simple truth dem we can start talking or thinking about ur propose union...

The origin of d name Benin city..
B4 Oranmiyan d state or Kingdom was called
Idu, igodomigodo, ubinu

But out of frustration Oranmiyan upon leaving the city he named it ile ibinu, it was the itsekiri dat told d white man the name of the city were the overlord is and dat is ubini and not ile ibinu dat was corrupted to Benin city. .

Atleast Benin city was compared to major city in Europe as at dem, wen ife was sti battling wit primitive life...

It baffles me wen yoruba afonja start laying claim dat Edo r d owners of d land y Benin r foreigners,
Let me tel u dat Edo was given to d Empire by Oba Ewuare d first in respect to his loyal friend who help him attain d throne..

Were was Oyo empire wen Benin conquer and sold his brothers into slavery..
We're was oyo or ife wen Benin took over ondo, Ekiti and present day Lagos...

Oyo was closer to d bight Dan Benin city bt it was named after Benin, y didn't oyo take over the waterways...

Truth is yoruba is a recently coined word not up 2 150yrs of origin...

Remember wen d Europeans visited Benin dey were Amaze and wrote many account about d civilised pple...

Remember d first place d white landed and the first pple dem met in present day Nigeria was d Benin pple but shocking today Edo is landlocked and d only access to d sea is now a river port, dis tell u about control...

If u talk about art work afonja wil start ranting we tot dem...

If u talk about d monarchy afonja wil start wit we gave dem

If u talk about d Kingdom or city we name dem.

Pls stop attaching urself to us Pls, we r not one, d only link was oduduwa who migrated from Benin, any other oduduwa we do not know...
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi by TAO11(f): 9:57pm On Feb 28, 2020
grin cheesy

I shall dignify no wilfully ignorant soul with no response no more.

No I shall not respond to the above ocean of tears. Lol

Our subjects from Benin kingdom have to convene an urgent meeting to produce someone who at least knows something of the basics --- that is, someone who knows "The Yoruba-Benin Connection 101".

It's hightime I stopped dignifying ignoramus, full only of fantastic, weird, and absurd imagination with a response.

Now I'm About to Break My Own Resolution: cheesy
----------------------------------------------------------------------
To the little one above me: I perfectly understand how you feel. I know you're quite hurt. However, you should realize that emotions and imaginations do not and can not alter facts.

I'm sorry, I refuse to pretend that you know a thing of what you're talking about just to releive the emotional torture you and other Binis have been made to endure on this specif thread.

No! You only wish you know what you're talking about. grin

You actually need to stop imagining history, stop fantasizing much, and stop guessing. Instead, focus more on reading actual historical works from world-renowned academics in the field of African History and Arts, particularly on the Ife-Benin Relationship.

Take the honourable route of staying silent on a topic which is not your forte. I know it's not your forte because I've already read your comments.

It is very, very easy to imagine stuffs and fantasize much about how Benin kingdom is the greatest thing that has happened to humanity after Jollof rice. Anyone can make any claims --- it's the easiest thing to do.

However, a scholar or real student of history is light years ahead and above a fantasizer or fabricator, because the former can substantiate every claim he makes, but the latter simply types up whatever nonsense comes to their mind and pass them off as "facts".

Now, go back to your comments and provide an academic/expert reference substantiating each and every claim you made in order to enable everyone here decide for themselves where you belong of the former or the latter.

And before I let you go, I like you to quickly take a moment of reflection over the following expert/academic testimony found in "The Art of Benin: An Evaluation Based on Discussions with William Fagg, Deputy Keeper of Ethnography in the British Museum" by Margaret Plass:

"... Oba Oguola --- supposed to have reigned about A.D. 1280 --- applied to his spiritual OVERLORD, the Oni of Ife, for the service of a bronze founder to teach his people to make the memorial bronzes formerly imported from Ife, ..."

See below for details: https://www.penn.museum/sites/expedition/the-art-of-benin/

Cheers! cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Oba Of Benin Was Covering His Mouth / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi Leads Praise & Worship At Ooni's Palace In Ile-ife / Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.