Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,820 members, 7,956,090 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:31 AM

Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES - Agriculture (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES (172004 Views)

Cost Of Cultivating 1 Acre Of Cucumber And 1 Acre Of Tomato Farm / Cost Of Cultivating Cassava Farm On An Hectare / Cost Of Cultivating 1 Hectare Of Okra & Pepper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Nezzjnr: 4:30pm On Sep 25, 2021
InvestorRicky:

There's no problem. But what about water melon?
I really don't know anything about Water Melon oo
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by InvestorRicky(m): 4:36pm On Sep 25, 2021
Nezzjnr:

I really don't know anything about Water Melon oo

Okay. I'm hoping to step into onion farming too & has been following alot of leasons from YouTube & doing some google search.
I have a plantain farm of about 500 stands & I'm hoping to increase it to 1000 next year. I also need suggestions on certain crops with high return.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Nezzjnr: 4:37pm On Sep 25, 2021
InvestorRicky:

Okay. I'm hoping to step into onion farming too & has been following alot of leasons from YouTube & doing some google search.
I have a plantain farm of about 500 stands & I'm hoping to increase it to 1000 next year. I also need suggestions on certain crops with high return.
Ahhhhhhhh.... Do Practical lessons oo

Vegetables are profitable sha.

I thought Plantain is highly profitable than the rest
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by InvestorRicky(m): 4:41pm On Sep 25, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
why not plant cucumber now, and prepare for tomatoes next year!

Sir,I have d 12 videos u uploaded to ur YouTube page about tomatoes farming but there're few questions I would luv 2 ask you. Would u mind if I message u on WhatsApp?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by InvestorRicky(m): 4:46pm On Sep 25, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Ahhhhhhhh.... Do Practical lessons oo

Vegetables are profitable sha.

I thought Plantain is highly profitable than the rest

Plantain is profitable but I'm always wary of having just that as my agricultural investment. Onion,tomatoes & groundnut might be almost as profitable or even more.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Nezzjnr: 4:51pm On Sep 25, 2021
InvestorRicky:

Plantain is profitable but I'm always wary of having just that as my agricultural investment. Onion,tomatoes & groundnut might be almost as profitable or even more.
Tomatoes and Cucumbers are profitable but very stressful.

I might look at plantain down the road but it has to be multiple acres
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by grandpoh(m): 5:21pm On Sep 26, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
ogami how the hustle now? Never see your tithe grin cheesy wink
Ogami e dey come oo
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by dmz1: 12:42pm On Sep 28, 2021
@ Ideepaul how did the new tomatoes seed trial from DeLaRue go? Was it worth it?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ideepaul: 4:16pm On Sep 29, 2021
dmz1:
@ Ideepaul how did the new tomatoes seed trial from DeLaRue go? Was it worth it?
so sorry, I couldn't get the seeds due to the complex scenario that played out on my part.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Nastolly: 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2021
Good evening everyone, pls farmerakinloye and others pls. I noticed something in the market about tomato. I noticed that it the local tomato market woman buy the most this period. Do u think the Platinum and others can compete with them and y do market women go for that despite it low shelf life
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by tpben: 7:49pm On Oct 01, 2021
Nastolly:
Good evening everyone, pls farmerakinloye and others pls. I noticed something in the market about tomato. I noticed that it the local tomato market woman buy the most this period. Do u think the Platinum and others can compete with them and y do market women go for that despite it low shelf life

I noticed that too.
I THINK the reason is the pricing. They make more profit with the LOCAL since it's cheaper .
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by brtrip: 3:10am On Oct 08, 2021
can anyone help me on where to buy limestone around nnewi or onitsha area.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Textra(m): 3:57pm On Oct 08, 2021
Saving the best thread of the year.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by tpben: 4:38pm On Oct 08, 2021
brtrip:
can anyone help me on where to buy limestone around nnewi or onitsha area.

YOU will not get any labeled Agricultural lime. Just go to a paint store (those selling paint formulation chemicals) and ask for calcium carbonate. It's around 1k to 1.5k
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by brtrip: 6:42pm On Oct 08, 2021
tpben:

YOU will not get any labeled Agricultural lime. Just go to a paint store (those selling paint formulation chemicals) and ask for calcium carbonate. It's around 1k to 1.5k

thanks so much
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Johnboom: 1:30am On Nov 18, 2021
InvestorRicky:

Sir,I have d 12 videos u uploaded to ur YouTube page about tomatoes farming but there're few questions I would luv 2 ask you. Would u mind if I message u on WhatsApp?
pls could you share link to his YouTube
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:08am On Nov 18, 2021
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:14am On Nov 18, 2021
I plant few f2 plantinum tomato seed for my personal consumption, I noticed this particular stand just die as result of nematode. The video will be available on my IG

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Mmkgroup5(f): 12:10pm On Nov 28, 2021
At page 2 you said

the distance is 1.2meters interval and the distance between tomato on the ridges is 30cm. So it will be 30cm by 1.2meters.. why 90cm again

Farmerakinloye6:
platlium 701 f1.some are 90cm interval why some are 120cm.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Mmkgroup5(f): 1:00pm On Nov 28, 2021
Am I going to mix this with the other insecticide u mentioned and spray weekly? Or I spray it differently once I noticed it is out?

Farmerakinloye6:
from sambisa to badagry to my door step every tomato is sick at the moment,and the common one is fungi which you can manage. I don't no cabrio, but anything sygenta product to me is excellent. 1 litre will be 20k and 500mil 10k... maybe cheap in your area though.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:57pm On Nov 28, 2021
Mmkgroup5:
At page 2 you said

the distance is 1.2meters interval and the distance between tomato on the ridges is 30cm. So it will be 30cm by 1.2meters.. why 90cm again

I was replying to a question (stake distance) baboo peg distance, which I answered 90cm or 120cm.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 2:16pm On Nov 28, 2021
Mmkgroup5:
Am I going to mix this with the other insecticide u mentioned and spray weekly? Or I spray it differently once I noticed it is out?

my regular fungicide is SAAF + insecticide which I spray at least once in a week, and any day it rains. Once my tomato is exactly a month on the field, I will introduce ortival top which is also fungicide, and start Alternating it with SAAF. Note Both ortival top and SAAF are fungicide, so when I use SAAF, I will not use ortival top.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by areeo(m): 5:17pm On Nov 28, 2021
Obatobi1:
Dear farmers, I have some poultry liters somewhere around new garage in Ibadan. Let me know ASAP if you need it.
Im giving it out free

After messing up my Farm project, you are now dropped to selling poultry liters.
Nairalanders BECAREFUL with this guy. He called himself agric Consultant, but he is a scammer, con man and fraud. He's only after your money. DON'T fall prey like me. He collected huge amount of money from me to setup and manage my tomatoes Farm. He messed it up and abandoned the farm, leaving me with losses .
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:38pm On Nov 28, 2021
@areeo pls delete or modify that your post.. I don't want this thread to be derail!!! If he should reply now e-war will start. You can go to his thread and call him out there. Pls! for the sanity of this thread

2 Likes

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by vonxe: 5:36pm On Dec 04, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
my regular fungicide is SAAF + insecticide which I spray at least once in a week, and any day it rains. Once my tomato is exactly a month on the field, I will introduce ortival top which is also fungicide, and start Alternating it with SAAF. Note Both ortival top and SAAF are fungicide, so when I use SAAF, I will not use ortival top.

I heard SAAF post harvest index is around 40 days meaning it should only be used in the early stages of the crop.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:17pm On Feb 05, 2022
New season is almost here (bonanza)..where are you on your preparation? Even if it 100stand at least you will not buy, and you will have enough to dash out. On 1 sachet last year I made almost 700k. This is my own preparation, though am little bit behind. I cut down orange, scanty cocoa and palm trees. My people here even ask me "those it Worth it?" Yes of course!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Nastolly: 1:36am On Feb 06, 2022
Mine. 2200 stands

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by simp: 4:44pm On Feb 06, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
New season is almost here (bonanza)..where are you on your preparation? Even if it 100stand at least you will not buy, and you will have enough to dash out. On 1 sachet last year I made almost 700k. This is my own preparation, though am little bit behind. I cut down orange, scanty cocoa and palm trees. My people here even ask me "those it Worth it?" Yes of course!!! cheesy

God bless you boss for all these free and selfless tips you are dishing out to people.God bless you abundantly.

Why are you clearing new location for your tomato farming this year. Is it for expansion or there is technical reason for that . God bless you once again.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:06pm On Feb 07, 2022
Nastolly:
Mine. 2200 stands
your eye dey red... you no won gree at all cheesy...God bless your work bro!
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:07pm On Feb 07, 2022
simp:

God bless you boss for all these free and selfless tips you are dishing out to people.God bless you abundantly.

Why are you clearing new location for your tomato farming this year. Is it for expansion or there is technical reason for that . God bless you once again.
it expansion Sir...am expanding from 5500 stand capacity to over 20000 stand. Back to back production!

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:12pm On Feb 07, 2022
One full back of manure is now 1k here...our Northern brother is gradually turning litter to gold here To even see nah whalla. lipsrsealed I heard they are reselling it 3k or more in north.

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by emmaachile2(m): 6:42am On Feb 08, 2022
Farmerakinloye6:
One full back of manure is now 1k here...our Northern brother is gradually turning litter to gold here To even see nah whalla. lipsrsealed I heard they are reselling it 3k or more in north.
It's 5000 to 6000 in Abuja

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (77) (Reply)

How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) / Acres Of farmland For Sale At N60,000 Per Acre / My Organic Poultry Project (broilers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.