Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES - Agriculture (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES (139852 Views)

My Experience Cultivating 10 Hecters (25 Acres) Of Maize Farm Land / Cost Of Cultivating Cassava Farm On An Hectare / Cost Of Cultivating 1 Hectare Of Okra & Pepper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by nuella2015: 7:43am On Jul 10, 2023
Apart from Diva and Platinum, what other seed products is good for tomato commercial farming that is available in market now. Is like east west seed are not available in market. Please farmers in the house, I need your advice from the depth of your experience. Thanks
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Obaairc: 8:44am On Jul 10, 2023
Job well done.

I HAVE DIFFERENT KINDS OF FERTILIZERS FOR SALES AT AFFORDABLE PRICES.
AND I ALSO HELP FARM TO INSTALLING IRRIGATION SYSTEM.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Emempaul(m): 7:50pm On Jul 10, 2023
nuella2015:
Apart from Diva and Platinum, what other seed products is good for tomato commercial farming that is available in market now. Is like east west seed are not available in market. Please farmers in the house, I need your advice from the depth of your experience. Thanks

I find plantium tire e no dey. So house, what other opv can one use in the west and succeed without tears since the poor man hybrid ( plantium)is not available. Only the big Bois hybrid (cobra) seems to be available. Please bosses in the house help us abeg

Nobody Shud mention tropimech by technisem here oo
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by mcyemite(m): 8:25pm On Jul 10, 2023
Emempaul:

I find plantium tire e no dey. So house, what other opv can one use in the west and succeed without tears since the poor man hybrid ( plantium)is not available. Only the big Bois hybrid (cobra) seems to be available. Please bosses in the house help us abeg

Nobody Shud mention tropimech by technisem here oo
have you heard of Rambo f1 from royal seeds .?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Yemighty2(m): 10:23pm On Jul 10, 2023
Dera f1 by Thai agro is ok too
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Emempaul(m): 10:45pm On Jul 10, 2023
How much as this seeds and were can one get them. Secondly have you try them out. And in the west in our kind of rainy season not irrigation fed
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Emempaul(m): 10:47pm On Jul 10, 2023
How much as this seeds and were can one get them. Secondly have you try them out. And in the west in our kind of rainy season not irrigation fed. Why I specified not irrigation fed is that I need to know its output during the September rains as September and October rains in the west no be anybody mate o
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ideepaul: 7:43am On Jul 11, 2023
mcyemite:
have you heard of Rambo f1 from royal seeds .?
Rambo doesn't have the same level of tolerance to fusarium and bacterial wilt like cobra and platinum
If your irrigation pattern fluctuates, you may have too many cracked fruits even with foliar and soil application of calcium (fruits are bigger than your typical hybrid tomato :120-140g)
Needs extra work cuz of blight as it's a bushy cultivar
Nice cultivar by the way for some who has an excellent farm setup and follows best practises
Not for a beginner farmer

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Yemighty2(m): 4:07pm On Jul 11, 2023
Emempaul:
How much as this seeds and were can one get them. Secondly have you try them out. And in the west in our kind of rainy season not irrigation fed

10grams is 5000naira
It is a good seed.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2023
Sold plantinum today at 14k why diva 17k.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:56pm On Jul 11, 2023
Almost finish smiley remain just door, if you want to do similar thing I will be sharing the details on my channel probably weekend or next week. If you want uniform seedlings I will advise you build one.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by REUBEN010(m): 8:12pm On Jul 11, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
Almost finish smiley remain just door, if you want to do similar thing I will be sharing the details on my channel probably weekend or next week. If you want uniform seedlings I will advise you build one.
Is the net UV treated?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:25pm On Jul 11, 2023
REUBEN010:

Is the net UV treated?
smile..it a local one wink like I said before smiley the Head is green house cover though but net is ordinary new mosquito net.we will be there one day!
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by REUBEN010(m): 8:41pm On Jul 11, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
smile..it a local one wink like I said before smiley the Head is green house cover though but net is ordinary new mosquito net.we will be there one day!
Okay. Thanks.
Gods willing, we will surely get there some day.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:50am On Jul 12, 2023
Sold plantinum 17k and diva 19k this morning.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Chidiebubeoji: 4:11pm On Jul 12, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
Sold plantinum 17k and diva 19k this morning.

Beginner, sir.

Why is diva more expensive?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by mcyemite(m): 10:19am On Jul 14, 2023
Chidiebubeoji:

Beginner, sir.
K
Why is diva more expensive?
Diva is bigger and the colour is very red.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Chidiebubeoji: 2:19pm On Jul 14, 2023
mcyemite:

Oh. Ok. Thank you sir
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:36pm On Jul 15, 2023
Sold diva today 22k why plantinum 18k.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Chidiebubeoji: 4:50pm On Jul 18, 2023
mcyemite:

Please sir, how often do you irrigate tomatoes during the dry season ?
Every 2days? 3 days?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
Sold plantinum today 17k why diva 19k.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by johnnyblaze424: 8:41pm On Jul 18, 2023
With this unavailability of hybrid seeds, people might be forced to plant f2 seeds. This coming dry season will be interesting. Despite being unavailable cobra f1 now sell for as high as 45k for a 50g can
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by mcyemite(m): 9:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
Chidiebubeoji:

Please sir, how often do you irrigate tomatoes during the dry season ?
Every 2days? 3 days?
Everyday....if I miss a day it won't the intentional probably fuel finished without me knowing or my gen developed a fault...but aside that I irrigate everyday...

But this was before 500/620 fuel ooo
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Chidiebubeoji: 9:38pm On Jul 18, 2023
mcyemite:

Everyday....if I miss a day it won't the intentional probably fuel finished without me knowing or my gen developed a fault...but aside that I irrigate everyday...

But this was before 500/620 fuel ooo

Wow... Every day for the next... How many months exactly sir?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by OluchiDelly: 9:56pm On Jul 18, 2023
mattbass:
Sir, this very interesting. Why don't you also patronise hybrid tomatoe Rio and UC from Starke Ayres, including cucumber and water.melon.
You can WhatsApp me on 2347034813439.
It can be waybilled anywhere in Nigeria

Every packaged/imported seed is not hybrid pls.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:23am On Jul 19, 2023
Took only diva to market this morning, sold 19k. At Mattbass you can create your own thread and start advertising on it back to back, Three advert on just one page habaa Farmtech please help to delete his second advert it is not related to this thread (spamming)

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by bosagro23: 3:03pm On Jul 19, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
Took only diva to market this morning, sold 19k. At Mattbass you can create your own thread and start advertising on it back to back, Three advert on just one page habaa Farmtech please help to delete his second advert it is not related to this thread (spamming)
@farmerakinooye6, which market and state are you selling your produce?

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (69) (Reply)

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.