Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES - Agriculture (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES (140186 Views)

My Experience Cultivating 10 Hecters (25 Acres) Of Maize Farm Land / Cost Of Cultivating Cassava Farm On An Hectare / Cost Of Cultivating 1 Hectare Of Okra & Pepper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Godspikin: 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
27 days old today county from the day I did nursery...I applied first fertilizer on Monday, erecting my staking Baboo on going...

Height of the stakes?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Godspikin: 8:16pm On Aug 12, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
I want your insight on this... Am planning to acquire like seven hectare upland forest, how many Borehole do you think I will need to put in place? What your take on this too, I took some one to help me detect water (water survey) he brought only just two rod, cheesy.. do you think he is legit or quack? My mind was like cheesy angry cheesy.

Quack bro.

I am a Geologist and na Akure I dey sef
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Godspikin: 8:28pm On Aug 12, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
you don't stake (delay) when you suppose to which now give fungi power. Another thing is your tomato is getting to a stage where it will not has strength to resist disease, so continue to spray your fungicide and insecticide (evening) at least once in a week to maintain it, no how you will make profit! Check my channel by Sunday or next week Monday, I will talk about fungicide and insecticide that is working for me at the moment.

If it is possible can you do a time breakdown of all the necessary activities that should be done.

For example from what I have been able to gather.
1. Application of Nematicide, pesticide and manure .... Some days before transplanting
2. Transplanting.... Done at Day 23
3. Application of NPK... Done 2 weeks after transplanting
4. Application of Otivar Top... 1 month after transplanting, then every other 14days
5. Application of SAAF + either sharp shooters or Rich soil alternated, every 5 days, starting from when the seed germinates at nursery stage with low dose of 15ml to a 16l knapsack sprayer to 100ml at transplanting stage to maturity.

Please kindly correct me where I am wrong and add any other necessary info or important activity with the time frame of action.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Godspikin: 8:39pm On Aug 12, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
If am to harvest everything at once today,i will harvest like 36 crate but my tricycle can only take between 18-20 crate... don't forget this is just 10g platinum seed.harvesting continue tomorrow....if I can achieve total 120-150 crate on 10g wink I will call myself novice no more.

Same 3 plots or you expanded it?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Godspikin: 8:48pm On Aug 12, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
I took 6 crate to market this morning which is the last harvest on 10g, total harvest is 140 crate excluding not viable one which I normally sold 3.5k per crate...so smiley am not more a novice. Another set on field and nursery.... loading...

It would be okay if you can do a cost breakdown or cost implications, so one can have an idea of profit though results are not typical and may vary.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Godspikin: 10:22pm On Aug 12, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
New dairy begins... I transplanted yesterday but I told my boy to spray the land before we transplant.

With what?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Simfglobal: 4:30pm On Aug 13, 2023
DeejaywonDJ1:

Only Farmerakinloye6 dey update price and situation from his end others don't care. The price is ₦1500 per small basket at Omi Adio market.

Yes you care right, tomato is 1000 per basket here too in Ibarapa area too. The size of the basket is 20L size
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by pathology(m): 4:45pm On Aug 13, 2023
Pls elders in the house, how good is PADMA variety from East West. thanks
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:09pm On Aug 13, 2023
Joy1273:

Please which chemical do I use to eradicate small snails in my farm? Tiny snails have invaded the place I intend to plant my tomatoes. They eat up all the vegetables in the surrounding gardens. Previously, they ate up all my germinated tomatoes seedlings in two seed trays overnights. I had to take my current batch inside a tent, but now I don't know how to kill the ones in the field. Help me please
if you can get this product or salt... although salt is not economical feasible due to back to back rain but it is very effective.

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2023
Godspikin:

If it is possible can you do a time breakdown of all the necessary activities that should be done.

For example from what I have been able to gather.
1. Application of Nematicide, pesticide and manure .... Some days before transplanting
2. Transplanting.... Done at Day 23
3. Application of NPK... Done 2 weeks after transplanting
4. Application of Otivar Top... 1 month after transplanting, then every other 14days
5. Application of SAAF + either sharp shooters or Rich soil alternated, every 5 days, starting from when the seed germinates at nursery stage with low dose of 15ml to a 16l knapsack sprayer to 100ml at transplanting stage to maturity.

Please kindly correct me where I am wrong and add any other necessary info or important activity with the time frame of action.
1. Yes 2. 21-30 days 3. Yes and 10 days interval for like Three times 4. yes 5. What is 100ml I don't understand?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:16pm On Aug 13, 2023
Godspikin:

Height of the stakes?

1.8 meter will do.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 7:34pm On Aug 13, 2023
Simfglobal:

Yes you care right, tomato is 1000 per basket here too in Ibarapa area too. The size of the basket is 20L size

That's extremely cheap
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Simfglobal: 7:13am On Aug 15, 2023
Na so we see am ooo.

Same basket sells for like 4k in shasha Ibadan.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by AfroBeatDiary: 11:21pm On Aug 15, 2023
Farmerakinloye6 and other veterans, please i'll like to grow under your wings in learning about this tomato business, I've been a silent follower while some Cotonue guys manage our farm but misunderstanding broke out between them as the boys revolted against their boss who happens to be like a consultant and they completely abandoned the project, I currently struggle to get sales from where I got to know that they planted 2 species of tomato, the hausa species and the one they called oloko (easily get spoil).

I over reacted when they all absconded from the farm which lead to a loss and their boss took to my words, myself and my family had to start picking and sorting the tomato ourself which is fun but you as a professional in the field, I will like to learn at your feet.

Kindly help a brother
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by pipi84(m): 10:52am On Aug 17, 2023
[quote author=Godspikin post=125062190][/quote]

Please is it feasible to plant these expensive seed cos i have seen reviews about there yield per plant and with my experience in planting the normal padma and cobra can one upgrade to these seeds next year. I need honest answers make I no go waste my money oooo...
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:24am On Aug 18, 2023
The Cobra begins to set fruit...I did Light pruning yesterday.

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:27am On Aug 18, 2023
Diva and plantinum did two times pruning.. expecting ripening by next weekend.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by dorispray: 9:54am On Aug 18, 2023
AfroBeatDiary:
Farmerakinloye6 and other veterans, please i'll like to grow under your wings in learning about this tomato business, I've been a silent follower while some Cotonue guys manage our farm but misunderstanding broke out between them as the boys revolted against their boss who happens to be like a consultant and they completely abandoned the project, I currently struggle to get sales from where I got to know that they planted 2 species of tomato, the hausa species and the one they called oloko (easily get spoil).

I over reacted when they all absconded from the farm which lead to a loss and their boss took to my words, myself and my family had to start picking and sorting the tomato ourself which is fun but you as a professional in the field, I will like to learn at your feet.

Kindly help a brother

Where is your farm location?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by AfroBeatDiary: 10:18am On Aug 18, 2023
dorispray:

Where is your farm location?

Ibadan
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by dorispray: 10:51am On Aug 18, 2023
AfroBeatDiary:

Ibadan
Which area in ibadan is that?
Ibadan is a quite big city.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by AfroBeatDiary: 12:46pm On Aug 18, 2023
dorispray:

Which area in ibadan is that?
Ibadan is a quite big city.

Ona Ara LG
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by REUBEN010(m): 9:13am On Aug 19, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
Diva and plantinum did two times pruning.. expecting ripening by next weekend.
Thanks for the update.
Boss comparing Cobra 26F1 and Diva, please which is bushier?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by pipi84(m): 2:20pm On Aug 19, 2023
Please is it feasible to plant these expensive tomato seeds like Seminis, segenta, jara, killele, cos i have seen reviews about there yield per plant and with my experience in planting the normal padma and cobra can one upgrade to these seeds next year. I need honest answers make I no go waste my money oooo.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Simfglobal: 4:46pm On Aug 20, 2023
pipi84:
Please is it feasible to plant these expensive tomato seeds like Seminis, segenta, jara, killele, cos i have seen reviews about there yield per plant and with my experience in planting the normal padma and cobra can one upgrade to these seeds next year. I need honest answers make I no go waste my money oooo.

I've seen many reviews from Marketers about kilele and other seeds but I'm yet to plant them personally.

I will advise you get the lowest denomination of the seed pack and do a trial. That will give you the best answer

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:17am On Aug 21, 2023
REUBEN010:

Thanks for the update.
Boss comparing Cobra 26F1 and Diva, please which is bushier?
diva is More bushier than Cobra, and Cobra has more branches than diva. Anybody that planted diva last year will know there is modification done to the seed, last year seed was so tiny, as in difficult to plant. the fruit is more in number and bigger compare to this current. The current advantage now, it has more bacteria wilt resistance than the previous one, and easy to plant than the previous seed. East west should do better because I will prefer More in number of fruit and Bigger!
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:20am On Aug 21, 2023
Took cucumber to market this morning, grade 1 diva this morning range between 18-16k why plantinum 16-14k.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:27am On Aug 21, 2023
The 10k stand I have on field Plantinum and Cobra.

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:29am On Aug 21, 2023
Last nursery for this year did on the 1st of August 8k plus stand. Cobra,diva and plantinum.

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by johnnyblaze424: 2:19pm On Aug 21, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
Took cucumber to market this morning, grade 1 diva this morning range between 18-16k why plantinum 16-14k.
your market seems to be more farmer-friendly compared to osogbo here.
A crate of hybrid tomato goes for 10k here currently.
Those local tomato don cast market no be small
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by REUBEN010(m): 4:56pm On Aug 21, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
diva is More bushier than Cobra, and Cobra has more branches than diva. Anybody that planted diva last year will know there is modification done to the seed, last year seed was so tiny, as in difficult to plant. the fruit is more in number and bigger compare to this current. The current advantage now, it has more bacteria wilt resistance than the previous one, and easy to plant than the previous seed. East west should do better because I will prefer More in number of fruit and Bigger!
They've successfully sacrificed more yield for disease resistance.
Please how's their resistance to bacterial leaf spot and what number of stands can be averagely gotten from a 5g pack?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by REUBEN010(m): 4:59pm On Aug 21, 2023
johnnyblaze424:

your market seems to be more farmer-friendly compared to osogbo here.
A crate of hybrid tomato goes for 10k here currently.
Those local tomato don cast market no be small
Same here. Cobra is currently 10k. FarmerAkinloye is really enjoying better pricing.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by pathology(m): 7:33pm On Aug 21, 2023
Pls op, what did u use to build this nursery house.

Farmerakinloye6:
Last nursery for this year did on the 1st of August 8k plus stand. Cobra,diva and plantinum.

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (69) (Reply)

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.