Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,181 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES - Agriculture (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES (139997 Views)

My Experience Cultivating 10 Hecters (25 Acres) Of Maize Farm Land / Cost Of Cultivating Cassava Farm On An Hectare / Cost Of Cultivating 1 Hectare Of Okra & Pepper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:03am On Sep 16, 2023
yankison:

Where can I get seedling please and how many months does it take tomatoes from seedling to harvest . .I will do it on my half plot for consumption
you will need to research that in your City, total life cycle of tomato is 5-6 months if it doesn't sick, and you will start harvesting from 85 days if everything is normal.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:10am On Sep 16, 2023
yankison:

Pls is this the craze Mr akinloye is selling 22k, 18k, 12k each ..and all farmers in the house .. God why did I waste my money on goats ..
smile... you must think it is Rosy grin the way I update grin. It is tedious, stressful and capital intensive. You may not even see meaningful result in your first planting. Research ( theory and physical) very well sir!
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by wiseworld: 8:57pm On Sep 16, 2023
yankison:

Pls is this the craze Mr akinloye is selling 22k, 18k, 12k each ..and all farmers in the house .. God why did I waste my money on goats ..

Lol if you don't know your onions well,see eeh Tomatoe Farming can make somebody Fall/faint and again the Good.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by wiseworld: 8:59pm On Sep 16, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
smile... you must think it is Rosy grin the way I update grin. It is tedious, stressful and capital intensive. You may not even see meaningful result in your first planting. Research ( theory and physical) very well sir!

That's it.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by oyinlekan1: 8:57am On Sep 17, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
hope you know price depends on quality and fullness? Some grade also go for like 5-6k here. If Ogun price is not encouraging why not move to Lagos?
They wont say anything about the quality of the fruit, they just want to make more money than the farmer, Lagos is better only transport is the main issue
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by REUBEN010(m): 12:43pm On Sep 18, 2023
oyinlekan1:
They wont say anything about the quality of the fruit, they just want to make more money than the farmer, Lagos is better only transport is the main issue
If you're moving it to Mile 12 this season, you need to pray for the best while expecting the worst because by the time market agents and transporters start their deduction, you'll feel cheated.

When Cobra was selling for #12k per crate in my locality at Ogun State, I decided to test Mile 12 with 3crates. After transport (#1k per crate) and agent fee deductions, they sent me #20,185 for the 3crates when I would have gotten 36k for same number of crates if sold in my locality.

I don't trust Mile 12 market.

2 Likes

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by oyinlekan1: 8:56pm On Sep 18, 2023
REUBEN010:

If you're moving it to Mile 12 this season, you need to pray for the best while expecting the worst because by the time market agents and transporters start their deduction, you'll feel cheated.

When Cobra was selling for #12k per crate in my locality at Ogun State, I decided to test Mile 12 with 3crates. After transport (#1k per crate) and agent fee deductions, they sent me #20,185 for the 3crates when I would have gotten 36k for same number of crates if sold in my locality.

Haa May God help us
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by yankison(m): 10:11pm On Sep 18, 2023
Ok as a first timer ..I really don't know anything abt tomatoes ..wud u advice pepper ? Is pepper less stressful ?/
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Masabannyc(m): 6:15am On Sep 22, 2023
Oyinlekan, can we in Ogun State form a working cluster for onward transportation to Lagos. Like have a day of harvest in the week, we all meet at a location in Abeokuta or kobape and load unto a bus or cabstar. And we all share the cost of transportation to Lagos. That's how trucks are load in the north or iseyin.

To back his submission on sales in Ogun State, even GRADE A and full crate to the top, na nonsense price they go pay.

oyinlekan1:
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Masabannyc(m): 6:18am On Sep 22, 2023
This is another fear and problem of mile 12. God is able.

REUBEN010:

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:44pm On Sep 22, 2023
Sold diva and Cobra 17k why plantinum 11k this morning... Start with motor cycle (2 crate), tricycle then dyna, not there yet! we will get there! My point is you too can start from little. Remember then cheesy it was only me in farm Monday-sunday, 7am-6pm everyday.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by bosagro23: 8:45pm On Sep 22, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
Sold diva and Cobra 17k why plantinum 11k this morning... Start with motor cycle (2 crate), tricycle then dyna, not there yet! we will get there! My point is you too can start from little. Remember then cheesy it was only me in farm Monday-sunday, 7am-6pm everyday.

see doings. Motivated by this.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by oyinlekan1: 11:40pm On Sep 22, 2023
Masabannyc:
Oyinlekan, can we in Ogun State form a working cluster for onward transportation to Lagos. Like have a day of harvest in the week, we all meet at a location in Abeokuta or kobape and load unto a bus or cabstar. And we all share the cost of transportation to Lagos. That's how trucks are load in the north or iseyin.

To back his submission on sales in Ogun State, even GRADE A and full crate to the top, na
nonsense price they go pay.

Am in Ilaro the best way we can achieve this is when we plant at the same time, let see how it will go.
Thanks bros
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Aquadude16: 12:49am On Sep 25, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
So inspiring boss.
God bless you.
Next na trailer you go dey load
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by mcyemite(m): 4:31pm On Sep 25, 2023
Good evening my bosses...

Please I am working on a research and I need a specific number for the average no of Delhi crate of tomato that can be gotten from an acre of Tomato (platinum or cobra) using good agricultural practices.

I would appreciate prompt reply from my experienced bosses here
@farmerakinloye6
@REUBEN010
@oluchidelly
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by REUBEN010(m): 11:36pm On Sep 25, 2023
mcyemite:
Good evening my bosses...

Please I am working on a research and I need a specific number for the average no of Delhi crate of tomato that can be gotten from an acre of Tomato (platinum or cobra) using good agricultural practices.

I would appreciate prompt reply from my experienced bosses here
@farmerakinloye6
@REUBEN010
@oluchidelly
Spacing, plant population, day length, management, climatic and edaphic factors to a large extent determines yield.

2nd Quarter of this year, I got 74 crates on 3 plots with 2,000m drip tape (Cobra 26F1). Although there was some compromise on management, we hope to do better with subsequent batches.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Rgp92: 8:05am On Sep 26, 2023
REUBEN010:

Spacing, plant population, day length, management, climatic and edaphic factors to a large extent determines yield.

2nd Quarter of this year, I got 74 crates on 3 plots with 2,000m drip tape (Cobra 26F1). Although there was some compromise on management, we hope to do better with subsequent batches.

What is the weight pr crate? 15kg?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by johnnyblaze424: 1:46pm On Sep 26, 2023
REUBEN010:

Boss, do you have a rough estimate of plant population on that 3plots
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by REUBEN010(m): 2:01pm On Sep 26, 2023
johnnyblaze424:

Boss, do you have a rough estimate of plant population on that 3plots
Using 2000m drip, expect 4,000 - 5,500 stands.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by REUBEN010(m): 2:02pm On Sep 26, 2023
Rgp92:

What is the weight pr crate? 15kg?
24 - 26kg
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by adeolaben(m): 2:29pm On Sep 26, 2023
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by adeolaben(m): 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2023
Good day , pls how many seeds are there in 5g
satchet of cobra f1?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by johnnyblaze424: 2:58pm On Sep 26, 2023
REUBEN010:

Using 2000m drip, expect 4,000 - 5,500 stands.

Thanks
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:07pm On Sep 26, 2023
Sold only Cobra today at 15k.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Masabannyc(m): 9:13am On Sep 27, 2023
Oyinlekan1, can I have your number for better communications h

oyinlekan1:

Am in Ilaro the best way we can achieve this is when we plant at the same time, let see how it will go.
Thanks bros
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:02pm On Sep 28, 2023
Sold Cobra 14.5k, plantinum 11k this morning..
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 3:39pm On Oct 01, 2023
Took only Cobra to market today Sunday..sold 16k flat!

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Redomi(m): 4:18pm On Oct 02, 2023
Since January this year I have been a follower of this thread. I have read and gain a lot. Now it's timd to try something with what I have gained so far. I bought some fresh tomatoes and extracted the seed, I did the nursery and transplanting on October 1st 2023. I know a lot of people are going to laugh me for not buying hybrid seed, but there is no harm in trying. I have transplanted 150 stand, i will transplant 100-150 more by next week

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Redomi(m): 4:23pm On Oct 02, 2023
Ondo town

2 Likes

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:12pm On Oct 07, 2023
Took only Cobra to market, sold at 15k flat.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:14pm On Oct 07, 2023
Redomi:
Since January this year I have been a follower of this thread. I have read and gain a lot. Now it's timd to try something with what I have gained so far. I bought some fresh tomatoes and extracted the seed, I did the nursery and transplanting on October 1st 2023. I know a lot of people are going to laugh me for not buying hybrid seed, but there is no harm in trying. I have transplanted 150 stand, i will transplant 100-150 more by next week
you are doing well Sir! At least you will gain some hints.

2 Likes

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Redomi(m): 2:39pm On Oct 07, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
you are doing well Sir! At least you will gain some hints.
thank you sir, I promise to keep the thread updated on the opv seed/plant

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (69) (Reply)

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.