Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,023 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES - Agriculture (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES (139816 Views)

My Experience Cultivating 10 Hecters (25 Acres) Of Maize Farm Land / Cost Of Cultivating Cassava Farm On An Hectare / Cost Of Cultivating 1 Hectare Of Okra & Pepper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by captainMarjic(m): 5:56am On Oct 12, 2023
Pls experts in the house, what do you say for someone starting tomatoe farm now in swamp area close to a big non drying stream.

I have read through this thread from page 1 to 62 and I ve understood some basic practices.

I plan to cultivate diva or platinum in 2 plots of land,

I want to use furrow irrigation.

This is my first time farming tomatoe in bush (only planted unknown varieties and uc82 in my garden).

I have access to chiken droppings and am planning on buying chemical fertilizers to support it, (which fertilizer do you think is best I guy)

I have saaf and sharp shooter I have been using in my garden (do u think I should add more or wait for signs).

And am not worried of nematodes since the previous farmers has been using the land for Cucumber farming.

My location is rivers state.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by bihok(m): 2:12pm On Oct 12, 2023
How can I combat late blight please. My tomatoes flowers are just drying off without fruiting and I notice black spots on the stem, leaf and the flower stem
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2023
bihok:
How can I combat late blight please. My tomatoes flowers are just drying off without fruiting and I notice black spots on the stem, leaf and the flower stem
get blue snow or any fungicide that has same active ingredient, use 30ml per 16lit. Spray in the evening...

2 Likes

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:45pm On Oct 12, 2023
captainMarjic:
Pls experts in the house, what do you say for someone starting tomatoe farm now in swamp area close to a big non drying stream.

I have read through this thread from page 1 to 62 and I ve understood some basic practices.

I plan to cultivate diva or platinum in 2 plots of land,

I want to use furrow irrigation.

This is my first time farming tomatoe in bush (only planted unknown varieties and uc82 in my garden).

I have access to chiken droppings and am planning on buying chemical fertilizers to support it, (which fertilizer do you think is best I guy)

I have saaf and sharp shooter I have been using in my garden (do u think I should add more or wait for signs).

And am not worried of nematodes since the previous farmers has been using the land for Cucumber farming.

My location is rivers state.

Thanks in advance.
never used that type of irrigation system before, so I don't know maybe it will work. Although am not planting again this year, but I will prefer plantinum than diva for this coming weather.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by captainMarjic(m): 8:21pm On Oct 12, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
never used that type of irrigation system before, so I don't know maybe it will work. Although am not planting again this year, but I will prefer plantinum than diva for this coming weather.

OK I think I should go with the platinum.

Pls one more question.

I see u used manure and agricultural lime when transplanting,

Did you put those two (manure and lime in the hole b4 planting.

So far I have been using blood(cooked) and eggshells(dissolved with lemon juice).
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by captainMarjic(m): 8:54am On Oct 13, 2023
Pls does anyone here know where I can do soil analysis in rivers state
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by JayB007(m): 10:36am On Oct 13, 2023
@farmerakinloye Pls do you know how much a crate of tomato currently is at Shasha market?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by wiseworld: 9:22pm On Oct 13, 2023
Also all the Oga in the house please any alternative fungicide compare to Cabro duo interms of effectiveness and prices comparing ,cos I hardly found Cabro duo nowadays. Stockup for next season.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by REUBEN010(m): 9:38am On Oct 14, 2023
wiseworld:
Also all the Oga in the house please any alternative fungicide compare to Cabro duo interms of effectiveness and prices comparing ,cos I hardly found Cabro duo nowadays. Stockup for next season.
Cabrio-Duo production has been halted. CDN Thunda is a good alternative.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by wiseworld: 8:05pm On Oct 15, 2023
Good thanks my Oga in the house.

REUBEN010:

Cabrio-Duo production has been halted. CDN Thunda is a good alternative.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:06am On Oct 16, 2023
captainMarjic:

OK I think I should go with the platinum.

Pls one more question.

I see u used manure and agricultural lime when transplanting,

Did you put those two (manure and lime in the hole b4 planting.

So far I have been using blood(cooked) and eggshells(dissolved with lemon juice).
I just described how to apply lime. Have never use it in my personal farm, yes you can add two and then transplant.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:06am On Oct 16, 2023
Sold only Cobra 19k flat this morning...

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by wiseworld: 4:41pm On Oct 17, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
Sold only Cobra 19k flat this
morning...

Yee why in Shasha ib sold 17k 4day ago I sence them middle men scam me ooo.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by fashtos(m): 5:18am On Oct 18, 2023
Pls what is the performance of uc82b by premier seeds?n Roma vf.who has cultivated any of this before and how do they perform?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:36am On Oct 18, 2023
Land soak today! Sold grade1 Cobra 15k flat this morning!

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by JayB007(m): 11:39pm On Oct 18, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
Land soak today! Sold grade1 Cobra 15k flat this morning!

Mentor mi Sir, pls any plug to get manure during this period in Akure?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:52pm On Oct 20, 2023
Land soak! Took only Cobra to market and sold 15k flat this morning.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Redomi(m): 12:01am On Oct 21, 2023
JayB007:

Mentor mi Sir, pls any plug to get manure during this period in Akure?
I am from Ondo town. I used to get cow manure from one Fulani village close to my house, I can get as many bags as possible free everyday
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:37am On Oct 21, 2023
Pick up this morning..sold Cobra at 15.5k flat.

2 Likes

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by JayB007(m): 3:45am On Oct 22, 2023
Redomi:
I am from Ondo town. I used to get cow manure from one Fulani village close to my house, I can get as many bags as possible free everyday

Thanks my brother, how do I contact you pls
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Redomi(m): 10:40am On Oct 22, 2023
JayB007:

Thanks my brother, how do I contact you pls
check my signature for my WhatsApp contact
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Munzy14(m): 11:53am On Oct 22, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
smile... you must think it is Rosy grin the way I update grin. It is tedious, stressful and capital intensive. You may not even see meaningful result in your first planting. Research ( theory and physical) very well sir!
A raw and Undiluted truth..In Agro life journey.

People marvel at the result, but wont understand the challenges that took many attempts to overcome.

3 Likes

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by yankison(m): 9:07am On Oct 23, 2023
I have a virgin land leased to me in ife ..and want to cultivate .. Can I still plant this year , like I read I saw platinum is good for now ... Please after cultivating the land ..do I need to make ridges then spray ... I need the names of the fungicide to spray after cultivating the land ..And pls is there any farmer in ile -ife
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ANOCETS: 6:15pm On Oct 23, 2023
yankison:
..And pls is there any farmer in ile -ife
I farm in Ife...
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by wiseworld: 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2023
🖐️

ANOCETS:

I farm in Ife...
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by yankison(m): 9:15am On Oct 24, 2023
ANOCETS:

I farm in Ife...

Thank God oo

Please can I have your contact ..I need to come and see you right away ..mine is 09135189102
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:17am On Oct 24, 2023
Sold diva 16k while Cobra 15k this morning...
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by yankison(m): 11:47am On Oct 24, 2023
Please can ibuse Supergrow fertilizer instead if growfast ..& is imported calcium 36% good
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by ANOCETS: 7:15pm On Oct 24, 2023
yankison:

Thank God oo

Please can I have your contact ..I need to come and see you right away ..mine is 09135189102
Yeah... 08072660606
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:43am On Oct 25, 2023
Sold grade 2 Cobra 14k flat this morning.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:35pm On Oct 28, 2023
Price pick up seriously this morning...I sold Cobra and diva 19.5k why planting 15k.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by yankison(m): 2:03pm On Oct 31, 2023
Farmerakinloye6:
Harvest supposed to have start latest by may 15, but could not be so because am broke (fuel) along the line. My colleague that were able to irrigate when there is no rain has started to pluck thier own before May 15.

I noticed the farm ground is neat and no weed pls how did you do that ..how can I make my new farm land be neat as this

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (69) (Reply)

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.