Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,200 members, 7,811,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES - Agriculture (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES (139904 Views)

My Experience Cultivating 10 Hecters (25 Acres) Of Maize Farm Land / Cost Of Cultivating Cassava Farm On An Hectare / Cost Of Cultivating 1 Hectare Of Okra & Pepper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Dhigherson: 4:16am On Mar 22
Farmerakinloye6:
so many species you can choose from,I grow cobra, platinum and diva at the moment. Have you check agro shop in your city? Seed is expensive now!
Pls sir @ 2weeks plus, my tomatoes nursery are not developing true leave. What could be the problem sit
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:31pm On Mar 22
Dhigherson:

Pls sir @ 2weeks plus, my tomatoes nursery are not developing true leave. What could be the problem sit
many things can cause it, show us the medium you use to do it, and the environment.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Masabannyc(m): 3:47pm On Mar 22
Oh sorry about that. Please what's the variety planted.

Dhigherson:

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Dhigherson: 7:38pm On Mar 22
Farmerakinloye6:
many things can cause it, show us the medium you use to do it, and the environment.
I use cocopeat and it was kept in a nursery house made with green house membrane
Also i observe that the leaves are yellowish, what is the likely cause and solution pls sir

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Dhigherson: 8:05pm On Mar 22
Masabannyc:
Oh sorry about that. Please what's the variety planted.

Platinum and cobra
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Masabannyc(m): 8:49am On Mar 23
If you haven't administered any nutrient since, I will advise you spray manure tea or any foliar fertilizer that contains nitrogen.

Dhigherson:

Platinum and cobra
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 10:59am On Mar 23
Dhigherson:

I use cocopeat and it was kept in a nursery house made with green house membrane
Also i observe that the leaves are yellowish, what is the likely cause and solution pls sir

probably cause by lack of nutrients, apply foliar fertilizer but it has to be low dosage.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Dhigherson: 10:35pm On Mar 23
Farmerakinloye6:
probably cause by lack of nutrients, apply foliar fertilizer but it has to be low dosage.
Okay boss, thanks for the advice
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Dhigherson: 10:37pm On Mar 23
Masabannyc:
If you haven't administered any nutrient since, I will advise you spray manure tea or any foliar fertilizer that contains nitrogen.

Thanks for the suggestion but How is manure tea prepared?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by shilam(m): 10:31pm On Mar 26
Good evening everyone please What could be the problem .. They are some holes in my tomatoes leaves also

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by shilam(m): 10:52pm On Mar 26
Hello bro I'm also in akure . I wish we can meet
Farmerakinloye6:
I think the price is almost thesame everywhere though maybe cheap in ibadan. Am presently in akure. What the price where you are?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 1:36am On Mar 27
shilam:
Good evening everyone please What could be the problem .. They are some holes in my tomatoes leaves also
if the only problem with your plant is hole, apply insecticide! I think insects is responsible.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by shilam(m): 8:48pm On Mar 27
Thanks bro
Farmerakinloye6:
if the only problem with your plant is hole, apply insecticide! I think insects is responsible.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by SoftHeart(m): 4:10pm On Mar 30
Greetings farmers,
I don't know if there's anyone who needs poultry manure here. We have about 100+ bags (approx. 23kg per bag) of deep litter system dry manure available for pickup in Akure.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by saysoo: 5:24pm On Mar 31
SoftHeart:
Greetings farmers,
I don't know if there's anyone who needs poultry manure here. We have about 100+ bags (approx. 23kg per bag) of deep litter system dry manure available for pickup in Akure.
The bag picture\size and price? Someone needs it.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:48pm On Mar 31
Transplant my first seedling yesterday at 22 days old.

2 Likes

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by SoftHeart(m): 7:12pm On Mar 31
saysoo:
The bag picture\size and price? Someone needs it.
About 23kg per bag. We have about 100 bags.
Location is Akure, Ondo State.

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by saysoo: 7:26pm On Mar 31
SoftHeart:
About 23kg per bag. We have about 100 bags. Location is Akure, Ondo State.
The price?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by SoftHeart(m): 8:20pm On Mar 31
saysoo:
The price?
First time selling, what do you think is a fair price?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Dhigherson: 10:10pm On Mar 31
SoftHeart:

Where exactly in akure and drop ur contact. Am in need of it
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by saysoo: 6:54am On Apr 01
SoftHeart:
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by SoftHeart(m): 7:53am On Apr 01
Dhigherson:

Where exactly in akure and drop ur contact. Am in need of it
@Dhigherson
@saysoo
The poultry is located at Oke Esi zone B extension. Two road leads there; Irese road after orange FM and Orita Obele Estate road.
Telegram username softheart234 or you can drop your own contact.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by god2good: 8:04am On Apr 01
Hope this hot sunny day, is not coming near your farm?

Farmerakinloye6:
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Hossanafarm: 10:56am On Apr 02
Good day my fellow farmers, I have 1500 pieces of seedlings Dera tomatoes for sale at cheaper price at ibadan Oyo state. Any interested buyer should contact or Whatsapp on 08100683173.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by fashtos(m): 5:14pm On Apr 02
Farmerakinloye6:
Did u make use of manual weeding although sir?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 2:49pm On Apr 03
god2good:
Hope this hot sunny day, is not coming near your farm?

Am feeling it like seriously, that is the reason why I am yet to plant cucumber.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 2:50pm On Apr 03
fashtos:

Yes when am less busy, but weed ridges and spray furrow when am busy
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 2:50pm On Apr 03
fashtos:

Yes when am less busy, but weed ridges and spray furrow when am busy.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by JayB007(m): 5:59am On Apr 06
SoftHeart:
Greetings farmers,

Pls where are you at? And can you drop your contact pls
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by SoftHeart(m): 12:48pm On Apr 06
JayB007:

Pls where are you at? And can you drop your contact pls
It's sold.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Kores2020: 9:34am On Apr 07
@farmerakinloye pls sir, after applying the manure on the riggies how many days did I have to leave it before transplanting my tomatoes seedlings. Thanks 😊😘
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 2:30pm On Apr 07
Kores2020:
@farmerakinloye pls sir, after applying the manure on the riggies how many days did I have to leave it before transplanting my tomatoes seedlings. Thanks 😊😘
so far the manure is dry/cure completely, once you apply it, mix it with the soil on the ridges then plant anytime you want.

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (Reply)

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna

Viewing this topic: Simfglobal and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.