Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES - Agriculture (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES (141363 Views)

My Experience Cultivating 10 Hecters (25 Acres) Of Maize Farm Land / Cost Of Cultivating Cassava Farm On An Hectare / Cost Of Cultivating 1 Hectare Of Okra & Pepper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Swiftgrp: 2:49am On Jan 14
Farmerakinloye6:
Mistake that can cost you your farm: 1 fertilizer; know dosage,when and how to apply it. If you do mistake, your TOMATO will die. 2. Manure, if you do not allow your poultry littter,pig,cow e.g to compost and you use it fresh, your TOMATO will die. 3. Insecticide, if high dosage is use especially on young tomato, the result will be devastating. 4. Namatode, if you don't know history or you are using the farm land for the first time to cultivate TOMATO,it make sense to treat the soil. Have heard someone said "he lost 6000 stand to namatode." 5. Seedlings tray, after you sow seed inside seedlings tray spread them on soil (if the soil is fertile, your seedlings will thank you), if you spread them on concrete they will be dying/cripple one after other maybe 10-15days, because there root has shoot out and could not penetrate to search for nutrient/food.
Always look before you leap...more loading....TOMATO Farmer pls add your own and let make Nigeria Great!!
Impressive.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by H2O444(m): 9:39am On Jan 25
Please farmer Akinloye don't forget us here this planting season Ooo, na ur prices dey help us make market women nor deceive us oo and please keep bringing update to ur YouTube handle

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Kehfie(f): 4:31pm On Jan 28
@farmerakinloye, @ideepaul and othet experienced tomato farmers. Pls what could be wrong with my tomato plants
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Kehfie(f): 4:47pm On Jan 28
Kehfie:
@farmerakinloye, @ideepaul and othet experienced tomato farmers. Pls what could be wrong with my tomato plants
i

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Kehfie(f): 4:50pm On Jan 28
Kehfie:
i
The plants are not heat-stressed. The leaves of the lower branches start folding upwards until it gets to the topmost branches. The flowers are also aborting. I maintain a good fertilzer and spraying regime. Plants are 5 weeks from transplant and have started flowering and fruiting. See a healthy one below.

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:08am On Jan 29
Kehfie:

The plants are not heat-stressed. The leaves of the lower branches start folding upwards until it gets to the topmost branches. The flowers are also aborting. I maintain a good fertilzer and spraying regime. Plants are 5 weeks from transplant and have started flowering and fruiting. See a healthy one below.
forget the water you are giving the plant. The cause is the weather ( harmattan and heat) nothing you can do about it ma'am. Those that plant here at the moment are experiencing the same too.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:24am On Jan 29
H2O444:
Please farmer Akinloye don't forget us here this planting season Ooo, na ur prices dey help us make market women nor deceive us oo and please keep bringing update to ur YouTube handle
No problems Sir more update this year. My workers has arrived on 10th ( six) all the manure I will use this year had been moved to farm, and the farmland ( four hectare) has been brush too. Am planning to start nursery by March.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Kehfie(f): 8:09am On Jan 29
Thank you Boss. God bless and all the best.
Farmerakinloye6:
forget the water you are giving the plant. The cause is the weather ( harmattan and heat) nothing you can do about it ma'am. Those that plant here at the moment are experiencing the same too.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by JayB007(m): 1:25pm On Jan 29
Farmerakinloye6:
No problems Sir more update this year. My workers has arrived on 10th ( six) all the manure I will use this year had been moved to farm, and the farmland ( four hectare) has been brush too. Am planning to start nursery by March.

Why start nursery March and not February 14th as you once adviced?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by H2O444(m): 4:13pm On Jan 29
Pls farmer Akinloye Mayowa, what's the capacity of your pumping machine that you are using for your farm
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:19am On Jan 30
JayB007:

Why start nursery March and not February 14th as you once adviced?
I don't have enough water to start early with my current (farm field ) capacity.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:20am On Jan 30
H2O444:
Pls farmer Akinloye Mayowa, what's the capacity of your pumping machine that you are using for your farm
normal/ popular 3inch. I have two, if one is faulty, I will switch to the second.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by betabread: 7:22am On Jan 30
Good morning sir, what strategy are you implementing as you prepare to farm this period, please share

The way prices of chemicals seeds and other inputs are moving up, I hope I am not d only person experiencing it
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Abratech(m): 7:05pm On Jan 30
Nice job @p Agriculture My Culture
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by JayB007(m): 8:55am On Jan 31
Farmerakinloye6:
I don't have enough water to start early with my current (farm field ) capacity.
Oh okay understood! Thanks Sir
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by fashtos(m): 5:27pm On Feb 02
Farmerakinloye6:
All the four hectares to be used for tomatoes sir?
How about the marketing aspect sir
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by cbrass(m): 4:21am On Feb 03
Pls I want to do internship on your farm. I want to go into crop production for commercial purposes but I want to learn first. Please is anyone here taking interns ?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 4:27pm On Feb 03
betabread:
Good morning sir, what strategy are you implementing as you prepare to farm this period, please share

The way prices of chemicals seeds and other inputs are moving up, I hope I am not d only person experiencing it
no choice sir because my focus is to produce quality fruit and good yield. The price tire me too!
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 4:29pm On Feb 03
fashtos:

All the four hectares to be used for tomatoes sir?
How about the marketing aspect sir
the farm will be divided into seven section, then plant every month. Harvest at least 3 times in a week from may-dec. That is the plan!
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by fashtos(m): 5:04pm On Feb 03
Farmerakinloye6:
the farm will be divided into seven section, then plant every month. Harvest at least 3 times in a week from may-dec. That is the plan!
Great!
As a farmer who relied solely on rain sir,which of the variety can u recommend sir?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 6:09pm On Feb 09
fashtos:

Great!
As a farmer who relied solely on rain sir,which of the variety can u recommend sir?
choose from either diva, platinum or cobra.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Redomi(m): 10:34pm On Feb 09
Please sir, when is the best time to start nursery as I don't have provision for irrigation, I depend only on rain, someone advised me to start nursery on March 15th
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:20am On Feb 10
Redomi:
Please sir, when is the best time to start nursery as I don't have provision for irrigation, I depend only on rain, someone advised me to start nursery on March 15th
if it is for commercial purpose do it (south west Nigeria) first week of May, March - April is possible but highly risky.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Olajobi4real: 12:26pm On Feb 10
Hello everyone, I want to know if anyone has started his nursery between early of this month and now. I want to know his experience if the seeds are sprouting or not mine were not sprouting I don't know if it is the cocopeat or the whather
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by wiseworld: 7:46pm On Feb 10
Why not sprouting, something must be wrong somewhere!!!

⁰[quote author=Olajobi4real post=128382740]Hello everyone, I want to know if anyone has started his nursery between early of this month and now. I want to know his experience if the seeds are sprouting or not mine were not sprouting I don't know if it is the cocopeat or the e]
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Redomi(m): 10:10pm On Feb 10
Farmerakinloye6:
if it is for commercial purpose do it (south west Nigeria) first week of May, March - April is possible but highly risky.
. Thank you sir, Ondo town, there is a big river at my farm boundary but watering with can will be stressful
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Bobbyjay001(m): 3:04am On Feb 11
Farmerakinloye6:
please, will you givn update and lessons on nursery to transplanting?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Simfglobal: 8:47am On Feb 11
Bobbyjay001:

please, will you givn update and lessons on nursery to transplanting?

Go to previous pages of the thread, from page one. All your questions are answered there
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by god2good: 12:50pm On Feb 11
I saw these at eastwestseed. Maybe it can be of help

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Kehfie(f): 10:17pm On Feb 11
god2good:
I saw these at eastwestseed. Maybe it can be of help
Thanks for sharing
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by JayB007(m): 3:39pm On Feb 12
Olajobi4real:
Hello everyone, I want to know if anyone has started his nursery between early of this month and now. I want to know his experience if the seeds are sprouting or not mine were not sprouting I don't know if it is the cocopeat or the whather

I did nursery last week 6th February. Took the picture today

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 9:28am On Feb 19
I was in market this morning to buy some stuff, and ask price of crate of tomato which range between 17-15k. If the price can be this high now embarassed sad what will June-july look like?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (Reply)

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.