Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany (70117 Views)

Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Isoduwa(m): 4:00am On Feb 22, 2020
Why nor use that money and start a business school is not made for everybody some people score 7.5 GPA but we don't hear from them anymore
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by osazuwa23: 4:01am On Feb 22, 2020
I am not ready to renounce yet but i am already a nigerian citizen so i can move back anytime. The problem is that when i move to nigeria i still be subject gated to usa bastard taxes but i dont know how true that is. There no such thing as privacy freedom in this country if your non european you being monitored 24/7 by government on your laptop and phones even the rich are being monitored
ttmacoy:
It’s very simple, renounce your US citizenship, tear up the passport and move to Nigeria. I did some research for you and you just need to move and appear at the US embassy in Lagos and they will process it for you. if I was rich i would tear my usa passport into pieces.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/travel-legal-considerations/us-citizenship/Renunciation-US-Nationality-Abroad.html

The reason you can have your private security is because the security guys are paid crap money hence pretty much slavery. If you pay a true living wage how many can afford their security and house helps etc?

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by CrownFemi: 5:11am On Feb 22, 2020
Thanks for sharing. Please as HND holder who is looking forward to study in Germany. Please what chance do i have to study masters degree in Germany?
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by AIIahuAkbar: 5:15am On Feb 22, 2020
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Froshloaded: 5:21am On Feb 22, 2020
I want to leave this shit hole.. God help me cry

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Melahou(m): 5:31am On Feb 22, 2020
RemoveKebab:
cry
If not for the useless leaders we have here

Why will I be spending 323k in oyinbo man's land when I can be a big boi here with that amount and even develop the economy.

And those useless leaders have sent all their children away from this country so as to escape what they have destroyed.

May the curse of all Nigerians dead or alive suffering from bad governance follow all their generations till eternity.

So you think with 323k you will be a big boy in Nigeria.
That amount is not even enough for rent self. Even with 1m you are not a big boy in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by RemoveKebab: 5:34am On Feb 22, 2020
osazuwa23:
So true i live and was born in america and i hate this toxic place after a while. Dont get me wrong usa has good infrastructure and nice place to live constant light but what i hate the most about america is the hostile culture they have towards non white people particularly blacks. As bad as nigeria is there a sense of community and i dont have to worry about my house being taken away and i can have my own private security. There should absolutely no reason why nigerians or africans in general should be living in these hostile oyigbo country suffering day in and out just to make money you wil end up losing . we africans and blacks are the ones supplying these guys with are hard earn money just to develop there communities.
my brother it's so sad and all this are caused by some greedy political animals that dont value humanity.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by RemoveKebab: 5:42am On Feb 22, 2020
Melahou:

So you think with 323k you will be a big boy in Nigeria.
That amount is not even enough for rent self. Even with 1m you are not a big boy in Nigeria.
my guy if things were good here that money is a lot because those Europeans countries don't have resources and your money is their natural resources. We that have so much resources if was managed well our exchange rate will be so high and you won't even need to run out of the country it will be the Europeans queuing up at our embassies abroad.

Plus 323k is a lot depending on where you leave in this country.
And I also think it's a salary amount for our most middle class.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Finelinks: 6:16am On Feb 22, 2020
Ninokingz1:
@OP, base on your analysis and statistics leaving in UK is more expensive than Germany. Cause a close pal is paying almost 250k pounds a month for a flat.

do you know what 250k pounds is per month?

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Finelinks: 6:20am On Feb 22, 2020
nwigwemark:
I wonder where you got all these averages you are quoting, any way I can see Google in action in your write up. For me I spend about 350€ monthly in accommodation, transport and feeding. We don't buy books here and I don't buy clothes monthly. Next time I will advise you to interview people who are on ground and don't just rely on Google.
God bless us

Thank you my brother.

Are you a student?

Which city do you live in?
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Didi2d(m): 6:23am On Feb 22, 2020
I am presently a forklift operator in one of the food manufacturing company in agbara. I need a link in Germany

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Chigorkizz(m): 6:33am On Feb 22, 2020
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by CSTR2: 6:40am On Feb 22, 2020
shaw2:
OP didn't lie
Germany is one of the best developed and cheapest country to live in EUROPE.

I once left Lyon to Munich I was amazed on how living cost in Germany is lower than France.
Try France they will suck you dry.
To get a job in France so difficult unlike Germany.
It's pathetic how Nigerians leave to go and study outside.
Even Ghana suck Nigerian students like anopheles mosquito. Top universities in Ghana charge Nigerians up to $2500 per semester excluding ur resident permit and non citizen ID.
Nigerian students paying $2500 for a shityy Ghanaian school not better than federal schools in Nigeria should be laughed to scorn.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by CSTR2: 6:42am On Feb 22, 2020
Covenant university is better than all the Ghanaian schools by far.

But some Nigerians will go and pay $2500 there in Ghana.

Mad oh.

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Abiboss: 6:45am On Feb 22, 2020
Thanks op
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by osazuwa23: 6:55am On Feb 22, 2020
So true bro these greedy politicians and society mentality as a whole is messed up and broken in so many ways that i cant understand nobody in this world should be hungry with all the access to resources, it will only get worse until it get better. cry
RemoveKebab:
my brother it's so sad and all this are caused by some greedy political animals that dont value humanity.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Funkybabee(f): 7:17am On Feb 22, 2020
You have not calculate everything..

There is no sch fees attached to your Total, take assume u have a scholarship how much is it advisable to bring along.

And also what about Hospitality job for there
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by heilige(m): 7:29am On Feb 22, 2020
If you don't speak German your choices will be limited. First thing first learn German and learn German again. Students can work up to 20 hrs a week, but you need to find the job first.
My advice students should find jobs related to their course of study

lasignor:
Why not Canada? PR after studies isn't guaranteed in Germany. Except, of course, you'd give what it takes to learn German and land a job. You can easily get a job if you are in the STEM field, you might not even need to learn the language (except basics) if you are in this field.
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Victorex001(m): 7:30am On Feb 22, 2020
Davidflight:
The cost of living in Germany is nearly 100% higher than it is in Nigeria. But before you get panicky read on.

How easy is it getting job in Germany without knowledge of German?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by heilige(m): 7:33am On Feb 22, 2020
What the hell do you want to look for in former east Germany?
Advice don't live there, just only go visiting or drive through, anyways this does not apply to the whole of eastern German.

bamdexfarms:
Nice write up, however some of your points are not valid anymore.
1. The current amount for blocked account has increased to 10,500€.
2. Houses in East Germany are cheaper and more affordable. However lesser jobs.
3. It's very important that you learn German even before you arrive here. Learn it up to A1 level at least else you may be frustrated. Most of the less stressful and lucrative jobs may require you to speak German to a certain level.
4. If you have a choice, avoid East Germany.
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Victorex001(m): 7:35am On Feb 22, 2020
lasignor:
Why not Canada? PR after studies isn't guaranteed in Germany. Except, of course, you'd give what it takes to learn German and land a job. You can easily get a job if you are in the STEM field, you might not even need to learn the language (except basics) if you are in this field.

How do you mean STEM field Sir?

If one learns the language would it be easy to get a job after studies for residency?
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by heilige(m): 7:37am On Feb 22, 2020
I beg tell us which village for East Germany be that?

nwigwemark:
I wonder where you got all these averages you are quoting, any way I can see Google in action in your write up. For me I spend about 350€ monthly in accommodation, transport and feeding. We don't buy books here and I don't buy clothes monthly. Next time I will advise you to interview people who are on ground and don't just rely on Google.
God bless us
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Victorex001(m): 7:38am On Feb 22, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
You can work 20 hours a week, you can also earn your rent from your wage as a student

Only rent? Can one make these basic fees from working as a student?
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by heilige(m): 7:39am On Feb 22, 2020
31euros is Luxury. I rather do pay as you go, and use shared internet at home or school internet at school
abimcdssi:

I was shocked when I saw €31 on phone and TV monthly
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Victorex001(m): 7:39am On Feb 22, 2020
tunapawizzy:

120 DAYS (FULL TIME) OR 240 HALF-DAYS(PART TIME) A YEAR

Can one make these basic fees from working while studying?
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Victorex001(m): 7:42am On Feb 22, 2020
bamdexfarms:
Nice write up, however some of your points are not valid anymore.
1. The current amount for blocked account has increased to 10,500€.
2. Houses in East Germany are cheaper and more affordable. However lesser jobs.
3. It's very important that you learn German even before you arrive here. Learn it up to A1 level at least else you may be frustrated. Most of the less stressful and lucrative jobs may require you to speak German to a certain level.
4. If you have a choice, avoid East Germany.

Easy Germany? Why the advise...pls can you throw more light. I’ll love to learn.

Thanks Sir
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by heilige(m): 7:44am On Feb 22, 2020
I laff for Chinese. Come to BW and see cost of accommodation. 168 Euros feedingiis 3much for a student. 20 to 25 per week should be OK, if student Mensa is not used

abimcdssi:

But he/she just told you the average of what he/she spends on a monthly basis. Saw some expenses on that list that are exaggerated. Most students don't spend on public transport as long as your semester fee is paid(unless you are traveling out of the city/state of your studies). €168 for feeding in a month is a lot. Accommodation isn't as expensive as that for a lot of people except for Berlin and Bayern folks.€31 for phone, internet and TV is much. 4 people come together to pay €16 for premium Netflix. You'll get by with less than €500 conveniently. It's not that easy combining school with work and making €800 per month no be beans.
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by heilige(m): 7:49am On Feb 22, 2020
This might not be high depending on which town you are. Some cities are dangerously expensive in Germany. You Wan try HH, Berlin, Stuttgart, Freiburg München, koeln, ddorf, Frankfurt I no fit mention all.... Go Konstanz go see cost,, you go run
Sterope:
The €850 estimation is too high.
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Victorex001(m): 7:49am On Feb 22, 2020
nwigwemark:
God bless us

I’m glad to hear this from someone over there...all these google copy and paste can be misleading.

Sir I’ll like to ask, would it be possible getting student jobs to take care of ones monthly basic fees
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by heilige(m): 7:52am On Feb 22, 2020
Apply and let the admissions office decide.

CrownFemi:
Thanks for sharing. Please as HND holder who is looking forward to study in Germany. Please what chance do i have to study masters degree in Germany?
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by Stephenmoka4(m): 7:57am On Feb 22, 2020
Victorex001:

It is not impossible, the place and amount of pay is something to consider
Re: Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany by heilige(m): 7:58am On Feb 22, 2020
Yes, if and only you find the job.
It was not a child's play during my time as a student. 90 something percent of foreign students in my school then used this 20hrs to sustain

Victorex001:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / The Interchange Julius Beger Is Constructing In Obosi, Anambra (Photos) / Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.