Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria (82234 Views)

Anthony Joshua Will Beat Fury Because He Is Physically Superior - David Haye / Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again / ‘joshua Will Beat Fury, Wilder Mercilessly’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 11:36am On May 07, 2020
Angelfrost:

Please, do a proper research... Most of those immigrants never forget their heritage or background, however successful they become. They can merely pretend to be cool with their perpetual outcast situation, but deep down they resent it totally, and they should!!!

What we are talking about goes beyond acceptance! It's about identity, it's about legacy... We are talking heritage here!!! These are eternal conceptual principles that transcend time and money (Everything in life is not about business and wealth)!!!

Anthony Joshua, Israel Adesanya, Sadio Mane, Mo Salah, Victor Moses, Leon Balogun, etc, could easily have stuck with sole successful careers in the naturalized countries, but nope, they keep going back.... Cos, at the end of it all, a sense of belonging (Not mere acceptance) is a great or huge part of fulfillment in life!!!

See sir, it is your prerogative to gloss over issues like this, same with any other person. That doesn't make it less of a big deal!

And yes
Everything is not about money
I never said that

What I am saying is that unlike black men wholesale

Most other groups go about their business (financial and otherwise) not caring what you think about them

If you no accept them
Na for your pocket
They don't give a $hit

Its different for black folks from what I have seen

Black man always seek acceptance.

All those names you listed decided to relate more with their parents country of origin
That's not bad at all
They are happy there

But you guys should not vilify black folks who have risen above that "need" to belong and stuff like you say

Some blacks in the western world dont give a fvck
And they should not be vilified for it..

#Period
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 11:51am On May 07, 2020
DexterousOne:

And yes
Everything is not about money
I never said that

What I am saying is that unlike black men wholesale

Most other groups go about their business (financial and otherwise) not caring what you think about them

If you no accept them
Na for your pocket
They don't give a $hit

Its different for black folks from what I have seen

Black man always seek acceptance.

All those names you listed decided to relate more with their parents country of origin
That's not bad at all
They are happy there

But you guys should not vilify black folks who have risen above that "need" to belong and stuff like you say

Some blacks in the western world dont give a fvck
And they should not be vilified for it..

#Period

Sir, I deeply sense you missed the crux of the entire discourse...

No one is compelling anyone to identify with his ethnicity or nationality! This is the 21st Century na!!! grin

The people or individuals under the scope of our collective criticisms and correction are those who not only reject, denounce their birth places or nations of origin, but equally join others to malign them...

Have you not seen people who travel abroad, get naturalized, and do nothing but speak ill of their nation's of birth (Highly common among Nigerians, other Africans hardly do so)??!... No nationality speaks ill of their nation of origin like Nigerians (This is not subject to argument or dissension).
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 11:56am On May 07, 2020
Angelfrost:

Sir, I deeply sense you missed the crux of the entire discourse...

No one is compelling anyone to identify with his ethnicity or nationality! This is the 21st Century na!!! grin

The people or individuals under the scope of our collective criticisms and correction are those who not only reject, denounce their birth places or nations of origin, but equally join others to malign them...

Have you not seen people who travel abroad, get naturalized, and do nothing but speak ill of their nation's of birth (Highly common among Nigerians, other Africans hardly do so)??!... No nationality speaks ill of their nation of origin like Nigerians (This is not subject to argument or dissension).

Nigerians are amongst top 10 sha

Dont know of number one spot.
But Nigerians sha dey do am.

The country no dey try
That's the truth
Whether you should go casting the country is up to you sha

Its ideal not to castigate your country in public

But when your country gives so many reasons to
It's hard not to.

That's how I see it sha.

It's better not to

But for those who do

They have a basis to ....
Many many basis to.......
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by 2buffagain(m): 3:27pm On May 07, 2020
Crispels:

I guess you don’t even know my background. I spent the first 21years of my life in Nigeria( and my current age is below 25). My Uncle could not get a job many years after graduation. We’ve been homeless in the past. One of my uncles lost his investments to govt recklessness. My family and I have lived in slums and villages(I’ve experienced Nigeria at its worst) but Nigeria is forever our home and we will forever love it.

We love Nigeria not because of its political leaders or its difficult environment but because of its people, the Naija spirit and culture. When I was in Nigeria, I also had this mentality that if I get the opportunity to travel out of the country, I will never look back again. I was wrong! A few months after I left, I began to miss the country - so much so that I had to return to spend some time home. Nigeria has its enormous challenges but even America and other Western countries are not perfect as well.

Living abroad will make you understand that Nigeria should be better than many of these Western countries if it properly harnesses its human capital and natural resources.

Very true.

And this is why I always say "Only a returning diasporean can love Nigeria well enough to change it for the better" .
You cannot know your house is smelling until you leave it for a while and then return.

Una fuckup wey no vote Sowore. Yes I went there!
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Kheeng1: 1:05am On May 08, 2020
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Kheeng1: 1:55am On May 08, 2020
Hi admins and members
I need your help guys
Help me hit 1000 subscribers
Its all about sport
No charges(Free)
Just One click: https:///2Wd9Stw

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sportybet New Withdrawal Rule - Wickedness And Cruel / Nigerian Basketball Female Team Members Are So Beautiful / Cristiano Ronaldo Loses His Temper After Messing Up In Training (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.