Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,366 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria (82230 Views)

Anthony Joshua Will Beat Fury Because He Is Physically Superior - David Haye / Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again / ‘joshua Will Beat Fury, Wilder Mercilessly’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by cooltola(m): 8:12pm On Feb 22, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

You really made sense in that food part oo, because i don't play with swallow.

But i did not fully undesrstand your last paragraph oo, In terms of Remembering your words or in terms of reaching out to you?

Both sha , if possible. Anyway Naija is extremely tough right now but there are those who are making it. There is a lot of potential if someone have cash,, have faith and vision to start a very successful business and make it happen. If you are Christian or believe in Christ, please read this link
https://gracefulpen.files./2013/06/faith-bible-study-guide-kenneth-e-hagin.pdf
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Jaqenhghar: 8:16pm On Feb 22, 2020
itsme01:

the illustration best explains your mindset, to you Nigeria is a prison and hellish, to me its fun and enjoyable.. its simple logic, wether a cup is half full or half empty its your perspective, your level of exposure and your core values in life that determines what your mind sees

I will rather enjoy my money in a nice tropical weather like that of Nigeria than face painful winters, I will rather buy the phone I can afford than rely on contract phone, I will rather leave in a well furnished duplex, than cramp my self in a tiny apartment in pehckam
I think my post says it all. Those prisoners will tell you the advatages of living behind bars. You will hear stuff like " free accomodation" " we dont have to wprry about food" etc. People wil rationalize anything
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Samunique(m): 8:17pm On Feb 22, 2020
Solmax:
It's easier to love Naija and be patriotic from afar.
When you already have all previleges and opportunities of a dual citizen and only coming time to time to visit, while not staying here full time with Us.
grin
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by itsme01: 8:19pm On Feb 22, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

I think my post says it all. Those prisoners will tell you the advatages of living behind bars. You will hear stuff like " free accomodation" " we dont have to wprry about food" etc. People wil rationalize anything

I want to ask you a simple question.. have you ever lived abroad before?

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by SojiCash(m): 8:19pm On Feb 22, 2020
franchasng:
Ijebu jazz, if you know you know lipsrsealed

[img]https://3.bp..com/-OlkFnK5pZLs/VRSozuUdgtI/AAAAAAAB1g8/AE61oLwtuWc/s1600/Asiwaju-Tinubu.jpg[/img]

Gbenu sohun Jesu o Koo ajo
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by pk2me: 8:21pm On Feb 22, 2020
Bullshit
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 8:22pm On Feb 22, 2020
otipoju:

Even those who belong dont feel they belong.

Its a natural thing birds of a feather flock together.

Nigerians who travel abroad know exactly what they are doing...its for economic benefits. They know where they come from and do not forget.

Exactly sir!
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Basher8583: 8:22pm On Feb 22, 2020
internationalman:

Some people who have suffered enough in this country wouldn't mind staying away from Nigeria for a lifetime..

You are just yaning opata like this because you even had the privilege to travel out in the first place.

I'm sure your view would be different if there wasn't any possibility of you ever traveling out of Nigeria

You are so dumb. He has an edge over you becsuse he has seen both worlds while you haven't. He has better judgement than you.
There's no place like home.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Jaqenhghar: 9:00pm On Feb 22, 2020
itsme01:

Yes.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Kiliwiii: 9:04pm On Feb 22, 2020
[s]
SangoOlukosoOba:
Gibberish!
[/s]
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Gistdew(f): 9:09pm On Feb 22, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Yes.

ok na
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Kiliwiii: 9:13pm On Feb 22, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

funny fact is many of this kids cant really survive in a real country that you actually have to work to pay your own bill, where rent takes a good part of your pay cheque .. the Jobs they swear never to do here they take it abroad when after they realize that its not Nigeria that is affecting them but their lack of productive and marketable skill. I really wish many of this lazy entitled people insulting the country also get the chance to actually travel and see for themselves
[/s]
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by internationalman(m): 9:27pm On Feb 22, 2020
Basher8583:

You are so dumb. He has an edge over you becsuse he has seen both worlds while you haven't. He has better judgement than you.
There's no place like home.

Dumb kill you there
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Jaqenhghar: 9:27pm On Feb 22, 2020
shogsman:
I don't understand how this is a fucking big deal now, someone visited his parents country and y'all are making noise like his visit will solve all our problems
Ill be more impressed if he opts to live in the country instead of visits. That way he will show us he is really ready to share in the misery of hos people

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by internationalman(m): 9:28pm On Feb 22, 2020
staga:

My friend, you are wrong. I currently spend 2/3rds of every year in my residence outside Nigeria. You can never know the feeling of being homesick until you are there. No day passes without me following Naija news. My bros that spent 3 years outside Naija without eating eba ate like 2 plates the day he returned.

Once it is time for me to come back to Naija, I bubble with excitement. No place like home o, especially if you were born and grew up here.

There are people who made other countries their home.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Blackpearlous(f): 9:38pm On Feb 22, 2020
Crispels:

I guess you don’t even know my background. I spent the first 21years of my life in Nigeria( and my current age is below 25). My Uncle could not get a job many years after graduation. We’ve been homeless in the past. One of my uncles lost his investments to govt recklessness. My family and I have lived in slums and villages(I’ve experienced Nigeria at its worst) but Nigeria is forever our home and we will forever love it.

We love Nigeria not because of its political leaders or its difficult environment but because of its people, the Naija spirit and culture. When I was in Nigeria, I also had this mentality that if I get the opportunity to travel out of the country, I will never look back again. I was wrong! A few months after I left, I began to miss the country - so much so that I had to return to spend some time home. Nigeria has its enormous challenges but even America and other Western countries are not perfect as well.

Living abroad will make you understand that Nigeria should be better than many of these Western countries if it properly harnesses its human capital and natural resources.

I think the same is happening to my brother, always wants to speak Yoruba with us and keeps talking about his sisters with emotions so deep and just patriotic, while I just want to join him there. I understand him better now
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by BENEAMATA: 10:06pm On Feb 22, 2020
erm , abeg oh , i thought joshua's aucces was " all him " ? and nigeria even frustrated him from trialing for nigeria and yet the guy succeeded and still go out of his way to associate with his peeps . and yet one say nobody except fela paved the way for him .and that is after telling foreign media that nigerians only started liking him after he started appealing to global audience !
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Yalakatasa: 10:13pm On Feb 22, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

[/s]
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Yalakatasa: 10:13pm On Feb 22, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

the illustration best explains your mindset, to you Nigeria is a prison and hellish, to me its fun and enjoyable.. its simple logic, wether a cup is half full or half empty its your perspective, your level of exposure and your core values in life that determines what your mind sees

I will rather enjoy my money in a nice tropical weather like that of Nigeria than face painful winters, I will rather buy the phone I can afford than rely on contract phones, I will rather leave in a well furnished duplex, than cramp my self in a tiny apartment in pehckam.. I will rather start a business and make profit than go and become a caregiver to an old racist white senior citizen or go flip burgers and wash dishes all day after using good money to relocate
[/s]
[s]
itsme01:

what it takes for me and you to enjoy life is quite different, what makes my life a quality one is quite different from yours and to be quite frank with some of you with blind ideology about obodo oyinbo.. they have the highest suicide rates , I have resided in quite a number of countries and I know
[/s]
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by kayo80(m): 10:39pm On Feb 22, 2020
Crispels:

I guess you don’t even know my background. I spent the first 21years of my life in Nigeria( and my current age is below 25). My Uncle could not get a job many years after graduation. We’ve been homeless in the past. One of my uncles lost his investments to govt recklessness. My family and I have lived in slums and villages(I’ve experienced Nigeria at its worst) but Nigeria is forever our home and we will forever love it.

We love Nigeria not because of its political leaders or its difficult environment but because of its people, the Naija spirit and culture. When I was in Nigeria, I also had this mentality that if I get the opportunity to travel out of the country, I will never look back again. I was wrong! A few months after I left, I began to miss the country - so much so that I had to return to spend some time home. Nigeria has its enormous challenges but even America and other Western countries are not perfect as well.

Living abroad will make you understand that Nigeria should be better than many of these Western countries if it properly harnesses its human capital and natural resources.

God bless you for this comment. I wish I can like it 100 times.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Stmiceel(m): 10:55pm On Feb 22, 2020
And the good people of Maiduguri will say no place like home too.
People with dual citizen should not advice us that there is no place like home.

Nigeria is not the worst country but the most unlikely to develop.

The stupid leader's creating nonsense upon nonsense.
Very soon Boko Haram Ministry will kick start and that's another history of the black book.
I have uncle's and people I know who are in U.S.
Anthony Joshua is a celebrity and that's how star do. In Skiibi voice.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by kayo80(m): 10:56pm On Feb 22, 2020
itsme01:

funny fact is many of this kids cant really survive in a real country that you actually have to work to pay your own bill, where rent takes a good part of your pay cheque .. the Jobs they swear never to do here they take it abroad when after they realize that its not Nigeria that is affecting them but their lack of productive and marketable skill. I really wish many of this lazy entitled people insulting the country also get the chance to actually travel and see for themselves

grin
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Crispels(m): 11:00pm On Feb 22, 2020
dru23:

Wilder himself said it in a video that he is of Nigerian descent. Go online and do your research.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Nobody: 11:18pm On Feb 22, 2020
LZAA:
Nobody cares
Sai igbo domination
Musachukwudi take note
Cc immhotep GMBuharii Afamed pythonamaka
Where is helinues?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by CSTR2: 12:23am On Feb 23, 2020
So much sentimental crap and yet you people vote people like buhari?

Una dey craze.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by bellotaofeek: 1:27am On Feb 23, 2020
Make SARS sha no mistake am for gee boi sad
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Nobody: 4:49am On Feb 23, 2020
God bless you
Crispels:

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by lexy2014: 5:54am On Feb 23, 2020
Crispels:

Exactly my point. I’ve been in the United States for a while now and there is no day I don’t miss Nigeria. There is that special feeling that comes with knowing that your real home is Nigeria. I know of Nigerian - American students here(who were born here by Nigerians but have never been to Nigeria before) that have Nigerian flags in their rooms. Most of them read all the negative news about Nigeria but they still know that their only true home is Nigeria. Some of them will be graduating from college in a few weeks and they will all have Nigerian flags on their shoulders on their graduation day. Some Nigerian - Americans even dance better to Nigerian music than Nigerians in Nigeria itself.

There are many of these Nigerian - American students who apply to intern in Nigeria for free. Some of them will go to Nigerian - intern for a few months and return back to the United States - with stronger love for their roots and country despite all the negativities they witnessed. I never knew how powerful roots and ancestors are until after I left Nigeria for the U.S

Then what are u still doing abroad? Y don't u relocate back to Nigeria permanently?
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by lexy2014: 5:57am On Feb 23, 2020
staga:

My friend, you are wrong. I currently spend 2/3rds of every year in my residence outside Nigeria. You can never know the feeling of being homesick until you are there. No day passes without me following Naija news. My bros that spent 3 years outside Naija without eating eba ate like 2 plates the day he returned.

Once it is time for me to come back to Naija, I bubble with excitement. No place like home o, especially if you were born and grew up here.

U spend 8months of d year outside Nigeria and u say u miss Nigeria. What are u doing abroad if Nigeria is so sweet?
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by lexy2014: 5:59am On Feb 23, 2020
tsephanyah:
I av traveled to many countries but I don't feel comfortable like in Nigeria... But some brainwashed people by Hollywood think otherwise. Especially US and Germany. I will choose Uganda over US.

Then pls don't travel again. Just stay in Nigeria and leave US and Germany for their citizens. Am glad u didn't say u will choose Nigeria over US
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by EmekaBlue(m): 7:48am On Feb 23, 2020
tsephanyah:
I av traveled to many countries but I don't feel comfortable like in Nigeria... But some brainwashed people by Hollywood think otherwise. Especially US and Germany. I will choose Uganda over US.
fun Usa is not for your type. Everything there is haram to u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sportybet New Withdrawal Rule - Wickedness And Cruel / Nigerian Basketball Female Team Members Are So Beautiful / Cristiano Ronaldo Loses His Temper After Messing Up In Training (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.