Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,389 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria (82223 Views)

Anthony Joshua Will Beat Fury Because He Is Physically Superior - David Haye / Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again / ‘joshua Will Beat Fury, Wilder Mercilessly’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 22, 2020
Crispels:

Exactly my point. I’ve been in the United States for a while now and there is no day I don’t miss Nigeria. There is that special feeling that comes with knowing that your real home is Nigeria. I know of Nigerian - American students here(who were born here by Nigerians but have never been to Nigeria before) that have Nigerian flags in their rooms. Most of them read all the negative news about Nigeria but they still know that their only true home is Nigeria. Some of them will be graduating from college in a few weeks and they will all have Nigerian flags on their shoulders on their graduation day. Some Nigerian - Americans even dance better to Nigerian music than Nigerians in Nigeria itself.

There are many of these Nigerian - American students who apply to intern in Nigeria for free. Some of them will go to Nigerian - intern for a few months and return back to the United States - with stronger love for their roots and country despite all the negativities they witnessed. I never knew how powerful roots and ancestors are until after I left Nigeria for the U.S

Because here everything goes. Tell me you miss the dirt on the roads, the potholes that are death trap or the electric bill without supply.

I hope you missed police extorting money from commercial bus operators. Invariably you you missed agbero extorting money from that old mama who was hawking banana and a young man young enough to be her grandson forces her to pay 100 naira which he will use to smoke hemp.

Sure you missed a lot hence God has abandoned the country. The marauding killer herdsmen is one of the things you missed not to talk of bandity or boko haram. Hope you missed kidnapping too.

May all the things you missed be abundant in your life in Jesus name.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 22, 2020
Where is Florence sef ..This one she is always wearing henna thisdays.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 4:23pm On Feb 22, 2020
ZombieHUNT:
Nigeria is the devils abode
A place inhabited by Buhari and Kyari

Run away from the shithole...
If you die here... It's hell straight
No Nigerian is going to heaven

Lol... So Trump, Mia Khalifa, Putin, Cosby, etc, are headed to Heaven in death??! Or Escobar, Stalin, Hitler, etc, are already in Heaven??!... I hear you sir.

When things finally go South in those "Paradise" nations, people like you will still turn around and beg the "sh*thole" to take you back. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by TimeManager(m): 4:24pm On Feb 22, 2020
Ijaya123:

While some can.t wait to come home when opportunity arises.
They pop in & jump on the next flight back abroad. Resetting in nigeria is a very big challenge. Opportunities to make more money.. Yes but Nigeria has been mismanaged by incompetent people.. fact.

kiss the truth
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by tot(f): 4:25pm On Feb 22, 2020
Angelfrost:

Truth be told, no true Nigerian can ever turn his back on his country, no matter how underdeveloped it has become...

I keep telling them... You can never gain complete acceptance outside this nation. That Green card or Citizenship whatever will never gloss over the fact that you don't truly belong, and will never fully belong!!!

Exactly. A lot of those who don't get it have never stepped foot outside the country, so they don't even understand.

6 Likes

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 4:26pm On Feb 22, 2020
Crispels:

I guess you don’t even know my background. I spent the first 21years of my life in Nigeria( and my current age is below 25). My Uncle could not get a job many years after graduation. We’ve been homeless in the past. One of my uncles lost his investments to govt recklessness. My family and I have lived in slums and villages(I’ve experienced Nigeria at its worst) but Nigeria is forever our home and we will forever love it.

We love Nigeria not because of its political leaders or its difficult environment but because of its people, the Naija spirit and culture. When I was in Nigeria, I also had this mentality that if I get the opportunity to travel out of the country, I will never look back again. I was wrong! A few months after I left, I began to miss the country - so much so that I had to return to spend some time home. Nigeria has its enormous challenges but even America and other Western countries are not perfect as well.

Living abroad will make you understand that Nigeria should be better than many of these Western countries if it properly harnesses its human capital and natural resources.
I live in Nigeria.. Got family outside but the only time I ever went to the airport was to pick up my mum or when I traveled from Lagos to abuja by air (just once)... I've never been outside the shores of Nigeria and when I finally managed to get a job that didnt pay well after a long long time of dependency bruv... I was over joyed... I love Nigeria.... I interact well with people of all tribes. I love to chit chat with Hausa people when I see them, same with people from other states... I would love to travel out someday but I want to make it Here and remain rooted here... I just have a strong connection here despite all the hardship and complaints others have... I just know to be grateful even if ain't always graceful..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 22, 2020
This is me

I follow Nigerian news and listen to Nigerian music way more religiously than I ever did

[img]https://media1./images/98eef995436f9049ae840900e0ba2369/tenor.gif?itemid=12755275[/img]

6 Likes

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by 0m0nnakoda: 4:28pm On Feb 22, 2020
Nigeria is sweet if you have money
Otherwise

HIDE YA FACE
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Ijaya123: 4:29pm On Feb 22, 2020
badboy92:

Nothing is wrong, I am saying Nigeria is not safe. Only some parts are.

And is America safe?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by udoekere: 4:29pm On Feb 22, 2020
there is something special about this shithole country
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Ijaya123: 4:30pm On Feb 22, 2020
TimeManager:

They pop in & jump on the next flight back abroad. Resetting in nigeria is a very big challenge. Opportunities to make more money.. Yes but Nigeria has been mismanaged by incompetent people.. fact.

kiss the truth

Which point exactly are you trying to make?
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Tulsaguy: 4:30pm On Feb 22, 2020
The developers even abused him for prostrating for his Yoruba king. They envy anything Yoruba people do....

There is so much hatred in Southern Nigeria than the war-torn Northern Nigerian.

I repeat, South-west remains the only region bonding this country together.... But since everybody is asking to go his own way, make we share the cake.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by kelvinunilag: 4:33pm On Feb 22, 2020
All those people coming here to blaab rubbish from their mouth, because you are in your comfort zone so its more easier to spew trash,
Come ajangbadi chibiri okoko make suffer nack una head, then you will understand life.
Anybody here who has not travelled out before should not mind these set of enemy of progress people, God forbid I leave Nigeria now, so you expect me to come back abi??
Demons!!!!!!
See the heat and hot sun of recent person face don they turn grinding stone, looking older than ones age, Nigeria is the most worst place to raise a kid, destroy your American citizenship, then come back to talk to me I will listen. You sit in a pile of apple and you are advising people sitting on stone....

4 Likes

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by TimeManager(m): 4:34pm On Feb 22, 2020
Ijaya123:

Which point exactly are you trying to make?
they come for business, family visits and not resettling.

kiss the truth!
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by CanadaOrBust: 4:35pm On Feb 22, 2020
internationalman:

Some people who have suffered enough in this country wouldn't mind staying away from Nigeria for a lifetime..

You are just yaning opata like this because you even had the privilege to travel out in the first place.

I'm sure your view would be different if there wasn't any possibility of you ever traveling out of Nigeria

No mind them. It is easy to love 9ja if u don’t HAVE TO live here!

2 Likes

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by SaintLucia: 4:35pm On Feb 22, 2020
You have nothing to fear or visit in Nigeria especially when you are at peace with your country unlike that fugitive that keeping wandering on exile.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Sweeetheart(m): 4:35pm On Feb 22, 2020
Crispels:

I guess you don’t even know my background. I spent the first 21years of my life in Nigeria( and my current age is below 25). My Uncle could not get a job many years after graduation. We’ve been homeless in the past. One of my uncles lost his investments to govt recklessness. My family and I have lived in slums and villages(I’ve experienced Nigeria at its worst) but Nigeria is forever our home and we will forever love it.

We love Nigeria not because of its political leaders or its difficult environment but because of its people, the Naija spirit and culture. When I was in Nigeria, I also had this mentality that if I get the opportunity to travel out of the country, I will never look back again. I was wrong! A few months after I left, I began to miss the country - so much so that I had to return to spend some time home. Nigeria has its enormous challenges but even America and other Western countries are not perfect as well.

Living abroad will make you understand that Nigeria should be better than many of these Western countries if it properly harnesses its human capital and natural resources.

thanks for educating that internationalman reasoning like a local dunce. even though being called wisdom doesn't make one sensible

once again thanks for your deep insight and correcting the impression of some imbeciles here

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by kelvinunilag: 4:36pm On Feb 22, 2020
INDUSTRIALFAN:
I live in Nigeria.. Got family outside but the only time I ever went to the airport was to pick up my mum or when I traveled from Lagos to abuja by air (just once)... I've never been outside the shores of Nigeria and when I finally managed to get a job that didnt pay well after a long long time of dependency bruv... I was over joyed... I love Nigeria.... I interact well with people of all tribes. I love to chit chat with Hausa people when I see them, same with people from other states... I would love to travel out someday but I want to make it Here and remain rooted here... I just have a strong connection here despite all the hardship and complaints others have... I just know to be grateful even if ain't always graceful..

Leave this talk the day they grant you visa, you will start saying another thing...
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by kelvinunilag: 4:38pm On Feb 22, 2020
internationalman:

Some people who have suffered enough in this country wouldn't mind staying away from Nigeria for a lifetime..

You are just yaning opata like this because you even had the privilege to travel out in the first place.

I'm sure your view would be different if there wasn't any possibility of you ever traveling out of Nigeria

Thank you very much..

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by LZAA: 4:40pm On Feb 22, 2020
Nobody cares
Sai igbo domination
Musachukwudi take note
Cc immhotep GMBuharii Afamed pythonamaka
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Bruno531(m): 4:43pm On Feb 22, 2020
internationalman:

God bless you

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by OldSkoolHeadBoy: 4:43pm On Feb 22, 2020
Crispels:

Wow !!! You made me so emotional...may God continue to bless you for this words of encouragement to the lost souls who will always speak negative things about our dear fatherland.

You are absolutely right, there is no place like Nigeria despite the enormous challenges that we have. I have travelled far and wide. In the last two months alone, I have covered several European countries, USA and Canada, yet home sweet home is the best.

3 Likes

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by lastchild: 4:44pm On Feb 22, 2020
There was a thread on this nairaland few days ago titled”your regret for leaving Nigeria"everybody claimed they are happy to be away from Nigeria and missed nothing about Nigeria,some said they will never return

Now everyone who's outside is hailing Nigeria and how they missed her

Human will always be human

6 Likes

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 22, 2020
Nigeria is only sweet if you have money. Please, if you don't have money and have opportunity to leave Nigeria, run don't walk. I only come to Nigeria cos of it's lawlessness, with a few thousands of dollars in my pocket, I can do anything I want cool cool

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 4:45pm On Feb 22, 2020
Openbusiness:
Joshua is planning to run for President. And the way he is connecting to grassroots, he will win like George Weah. If you know, you know cheesy.

That won't be bad... If that's the case, then good luck to him.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Osidazz19: 4:46pm On Feb 22, 2020
itsme01:
cool

Joshua schooled in Mayflower shagamu, Nigeria is what makes him thick .. in a competitive sport like boxing, you need confidence and the best way to boost your confidence is to go to your root, visit where you grew up, see thing that helped shape you

to me any time I feel abit down I just drive around my child hood neighborhood , I visit my primary school, secondary school and other places that seem so big and scary to me back then and I see how tiny it had shrunk or how old I have become.. this to me is the best therapy a man can ever have.. it works 99% of the time

many Nigerians calling Nigeria shithole do so because they are poor and disadvantaged , if you can gurantee your own comfort (inverter/solar , good estate, little change in the account and good ride) you would understand Nigeria is a very very lovely place to enjoy your life,

I beg tell them oh. Let them travel out, after so many years they will run back home.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by shegzhkn: 4:49pm On Feb 22, 2020
Crispels:

can i ask u a question pls??
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by staga: 4:50pm On Feb 22, 2020
internationalman:

My friend, you are wrong. I currently spend 2/3rds of every year in my residence outside Nigeria. You can never know the feeling of being homesick until you are there. No day passes without me following Naija news. My bros that spent 3 years outside Naija without eating eba ate like 2 plates the day he returned.

Once it is time for me to come back to Naija, I bubble with excitement. No place like home o, especially if you were born and grew up here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by tsephanyah(f): 4:52pm On Feb 22, 2020
badboy92:

You most likely live in Lagos or Abuja, try Boko haram states I bet you would choose safety over comfort.
is better to live in liberty with danger than peace with slavery. I will choose Boko Haram states over Western or Arab countries
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Tulsaguy: 4:52pm On Feb 22, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

Because here everything goes. Tell me you miss the dirt on the roads, the potholes that are death trap or the electric bill without supply.

I hope you missed police extorting money from commercial bus operators. Invariably you you missed agbero extorting money from that old mama who was hawking banana and a young man young enough to be her grandson forces her to pay 100 naira which he will use to smoke hemp.

Sure you missed a lot hence God has abandoned the country. The marauding killer herdsmen is one of the things you missed not to talk of bandity or boko haram. Hope you missed kidnapping too.

May all the things you missed be abundant in your life in Jesus name.

Pessimist..... madness runs in your blood. Ewo lepe? Were wa lori e ni?

3 Likes

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by staga: 4:52pm On Feb 22, 2020
PaulSimon2020:
Nigeria is only sweet if you have money. Please, if you don't have money and have opportunity to leave Nigeria, run don't walk. I only come to Nigeria cos of it's lawlessness, with a few thousands of dollars in my pocket, I can do anything I want cool cool

So you still have a reason to come back to Naija. See?
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Olominira(m): 4:52pm On Feb 22, 2020
tsephanyah:
I av traveled to many countries but I don't feel comfortable like in Nigeria... But some brainwashed people by Hollywood think otherwise. Especially US and Germany. I will choose Uganda over US.
It's because most people haven't travelled out to compare and contrast

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sportybet New Withdrawal Rule - Wickedness And Cruel / Nigerian Basketball Female Team Members Are So Beautiful / Cristiano Ronaldo Loses His Temper After Messing Up In Training (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.