Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,613 members, 7,827,306 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? (45965 Views)

Can You Share A Toothbrush With Your Lover? Let's Have Your Views. / Help Us Find Missing Bimbo Adewoye!!!! N100,000 Reward For Information (Photo) / What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by Brainboxfid(f): 2:55pm On Feb 25, 2020
livinbygrace:
Can you imagine?So men came to this world to suffer after taking care of the responsibilities.
,paying school fees and training you to adulthood.
Well,this is why I always advise men to enjoy themselves at their prime.Most children prefer to take care of their mothers and don’t care about fathers ,so their rewards seems not to be on this wicked world
and you think all men do take of responsibilities abi?

1 Like

Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by lekspot01(m): 2:55pm On Feb 25, 2020
englishmart:
If you were to share 100k between your parents, how much will each get? And why?

Me, I will give mom 70k and 30k to dad. Reason is, Mom needs a little more love for her enormous sacrifices. Woman has starved and done a lot of strenuous jobs to keep us going
It's very good to be a Muslim, all this is are what the religion teaches..... Proud to be one
.... Well, lemme bail you out, divide the money Into 4, your mum takes 3part and the remaining one for your dad... Lobatan.
Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by Igbalaoluwa: 2:59pm On Feb 25, 2020
Bbbwings:

One time I tried giving dad 50k during my first empolyment, he rejected it outright saying I should wait till I get a permanent appointment.
I got one last year
He was dead before then.

im so sorry about this
be comforted
he has gone to rest embarassed

1 Like

Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by changedinchrist: 2:59pm On Feb 25, 2020
make9jagr8:

My heart bleed going through most of the comments, but reading this brings a relief.

That reminds me of an ESL life event, in which the grown up kids took their mother to relocate with them abroad while they left their dad alone.

Mind you the parent were doing good, but because of the mentality of mother must be taken care of while the man is a strong being.

This man will have to be going bro mam put everyday to buy food.

It took few days for people to know when this man passed away, and the same kids still throw big party for the burial.
DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT OTHERS EXPERIENCE WOULD BE DIFFERERNT? CAN'T PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THIS BASIC FACT?. AHAN

1 Like

Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by esiri4jesu(m): 3:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
careytommy37:
I will give my Dad the whole money. He is the Head of the home so let him decide how him and his wife will share it.
This is the method that has been working for them before I was born till date. I can't introduce confusion into their life now.
Spot on.

2 Likes

Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by Kiloseria: 3:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
Mom 60, and dad 40k. Reason is that women are more expensive than men. Mom plate hair for 1k, while dad cut hair 150 naira. Women rub cream and use ornaments, but men only roll on of 500 naira. Man provide school fees, but women provide care. Men eat anything they want outside, while women manage whatever they have with children at home.so I think 40k is enough for dad.
Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
Sexyliciousbri:
My sweet mom 100k and dad nothing

Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
Amdoyin:
hmmmm. Irony of life. some work so simple and make so much money while others worked effortlessly without nothing to show for it. May God help us
Amen o... May we not work hard n have nothing to show...
Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by maasoap(m): 3:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
vizkiz:
It is not difficult to identify a bastard nowadays.

Just take a look at these kids undermining the post of a father in their lives. The system has so much brought down the role of a father. Making him look like a figure head. Praising the mother alone.

Little wonder we have so many days assigned to praise women and just a day to notice the value of a man (Father’s day). Most times the Father’s Day come and go without anyone noticing it

Same father who worked all his life to take care of his family? Same father who will risk his life day and night just to put food on the table? Same father who paid your fees from the very first day you were born till you started earning your own money? Same father who put a roof over your head and even assigned your own room? (No wonder men die early)

Only for him to be cheated again when he is to reap the fruit of his Labour. Little wonder most of you are cursed. It is because you have offended God and man by being a fool.

Just take a look at the cheap gold-digging girls we have nowadays. All they do is look for a ready made man. So after having kids for that guy, those unfortunate kids will rather take care of her than their father who has worked for money all his life?

What happened to 50:50? To hell with you simpletons.

My mum has done a whole lot for me and I’ll do anything just to make her happy but my dad (bless his soul) deserves as much love and happiness.

Even the 50:50 sef, my dad will still buy gifts for mum from that money. I understand most of you are not from stable homes sha...Una dey use una family problem judge the matter.

I thought all them who preferred to give mummy the lion share stated the reasons. You need to take that into consideration now, you're too harsh on them. I don't understand why you so bitter like this after admitting this:
I understand most of you are not from stable homes sha...

Una dey use una family problem judge the matter

But you also used your own family experience to judge it now

2 Likes

Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by taneez(f): 3:15pm On Feb 25, 2020
safarigirl:

The 'system' did nothing to dads, most men just refuse to admit that there are many deadbeat dads .

Some of you think caring for a child is just about bringing money all the time, these responses shows that a child is not a toy that you can just pour money on, and most men failed in raising their kids.

Mothers have done more than their own parts, but fathers are still slacking because they think only women should nurture a child. Only few fathers have healthy relationships with their children, compared to mothers.

Notice how, many people are sharing based on who showed more love and affection and who they think sacrificed more. Some are giving their dads more, based on this. You cannot bully a child most of their lives and expect reward just because you were paying school fees, while reducing their self esteem.

Men need to pull up their weight, you cannot buy affection with money and you cannot emotionally blackmail people into forgetting who showed them love when they most needed it. You don't know anyone's personal experience with their parents.

So,yes, many are bastards because their fathers were never really there.

I was about to respond to that person whom you quoted. It is like you took the words from my brain.This is obviously a funny topic but most of the answers are based on what we were looking at the while we grew up. I come from a very healthy family and mind would be 50/50 because my parents sacrificed a lot for me. This is a lesson to men and women on this forum.
For men it isn't only about spending money on a child. I know people who after the dad spent alot of money on them who still prefers their mum because they saw their dad with side chicks or beating the mum. Now the mums are the ones seemingly enjoying.

I also know some people who said their mum's didn't take care of them well. One even said that her mum would rather buy the latest lace than support the dad. Now the dad is enjoying. .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
I don't understand the reason for wailing by the males.
Why should what someone wants to do with his or her money trigger someone? Different strokes for different folks. We all have our preferences in our parents.
Most girls I know are closer to their dads and most guys I know are closer to their mums.

I don't know why people indulge in frivolous arguments in this forum ,that is how one Nlander opened a thread about a man packing his plate after eating the other day. Too much irrelevant topics and posts

I will give my mum more because she no longer works while my dad is employed. There is no need to give him a dime when he already earns
Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by NobleDeSage001: 3:17pm On Feb 25, 2020
50:50
Dad deserve as much as Mom and vice versa. No favouritism.
Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by 9jatriot(m): 3:19pm On Feb 25, 2020
My dear, you just voiced another hidden thought that I was scared of accepting. Now it is becoming scaring being a good responsible dad.

CanadaOrBust:

I notice all those who favour dad, their dads are dead
Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by mixter(m): 3:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
UrRealG:

Na lie i talk? grin
I know know o
Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by CanadaOrBust: 3:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
olureignforever:

My Dad is very much alive. I know what he did for his children on education until he lost his job. You see my mum, she can squander money for Africa. Giving her that 40k sef, am sure 20k will go for Aso Ebi lol. So it's beta my dad hold enough part of the money in case mum decided to squander hers so that they will have something to fall back on.

Their dads are either dead or lost his job cheesy
9jatriot
Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by Nickymezor(f): 3:28pm On Feb 25, 2020
Will share it equally between them even though they are both late now ...God bless their souls
Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by toffyz(m): 3:31pm On Feb 25, 2020
vizkiz:

Just take a look at these kids undermining the post of a father in their lives. The system has so much brought down the role of a father. Making him look like a figure head. Praising the mother alone.

Little wonder we have so many days assigned to praise women and just a day to notice the value of a man (Father’s day). Most times the Father’s Day come and go without anyone noticing it

Same father who worked all his life to take care of his family? Same father who will risk his life day and night just to put food on the table? Same father who paid your fees from the very first day you were born till you started earning your own money? Same father who put a roof over your head and even assigned your own room? (No wonder men die early)

Only for him to be cheated again when he is to reap the fruit of his Labour. Little wonder most of you are cursed. It is because you have offended God and man by being a fool.

Just take a look at the cheap gold-digging girls we have nowadays. All they do is look for a ready made man. So after having kids for that guy, those unfortunate kids will rather take care of her than their father who has worked for money all his life?

My mum has done a whole lot for me and I’ll do anything just to make her happy but my dad (bless his soul) deserves as much love and happiness.

Even the 50:50 sef, my dad will still buy gifts for mum from that money. I understand most of you are not from stable homes sha...Una dey use una family problem judge the matter.

May God bless you for this!

You've said it all sir, the bold

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by glingev(m): 3:31pm On Feb 25, 2020
I will give them #50k each because at the end of the day bulk of the money given to the old man will still find its way to mamas purse.
Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by oyinella(f): 3:33pm On Feb 25, 2020
1 year ago i'ld have given my dad 60k and my mum 40k, but now, I'll give my mum 98k and give her husband 2k

1 Like

Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by Raalsalghul: 3:34pm On Feb 25, 2020
vizkiz:

The bold is the more reason why you shouldn't judge them.
Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by m140(m): 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2020
livinbygrace:

My bro,I dey tell you .I never really knew the value of my father until I grew up.I am in my forties now and no go lie he no easy to be a man,not to talk of a responsible father .
That's why you see some men, they have done their best but the woman keep complaining, wetin you do sef, funniest thing be say wetin woman dey take person eye see sometimes dey pass pikin own, you will just have to swallow it.... Bros, if real men open out, person no go wan marry... Cus at the end they get very little praise.
Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by donMIG(m): 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2020
My friend u r mad
Mum needs more love?
Was she paying ur fees in school
U for share dem 50k a piece
Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by CanadaOrBust: 3:36pm On Feb 25, 2020
Michellekabod2:
I don't understand the reason for wailing by the males.
Why should what someone wants to do with his or her money trigger someone? Different strokes for different folks. We all have our preferences in our parents.
Most girls I know are closer to their dads and most guys I know are closer to their mums.

I don't know why people indulge in frivolous arguments in this forum ,that is how one Nlander opened a thread about a man packing his plate after eating the other day. Too much irrelevant topics and posts

I will give my mum more because she no longer works while my dad is employed. There is no need to give him a dime when he already earns

Wrroong. 90% of children favour mom and rightly so. GENERALLY SPEAKING, anyone who carries someone in their belly for 9 months, breastfeeds him, etc. willl naturally care more about that person than someone who did none of those
Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by remsonik(f): 3:39pm On Feb 25, 2020
I love my dad so much and would love to give him the money but old age is really dealing with him that if I give he can't manage it well. My mom is the one who handles and manages the running of the home at this time, so would give her all the money. If you give dad any of the money he would go and splash it on his yoaco project. We his children keep telling him from time to time that we are not interested or pleased with the way you spend, spend it wisely your health matters, safety matters you have a roof over your head, so many other projects so why still stressing yourself over a land project. If you give him 10k out of the money, he will take it to yoaco, yet he has drugs and other medications to take but he won't get them. I will give mom all, she will manage how to get dad's drugs, stock up the house with enough foodstuffs, make sure the house is in good order and get him good clothings and enough items he needs to look good. She will handle how all utility bills are paid.
Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by taneez(f): 3:43pm On Feb 25, 2020
For those crying that people are not supporting dads. This is an example of what I saw my father do.

Apart from provision, PTA meetings( he was so concerned about our education that he was chairman of PTA for 10 years when my siblings and I were in primary school when we got to secondary school he became a PTA chairman), he taught me maths and other science related courses after school, picked me up most of the times after school, took us out, cooked his special jollof for us, fixes anything fixable, not too strict, didn't stress my mum.etc infact the list is endless.
There are little things that you do apart from provision.

My sharing formula is 50:50 because my parents did a lot.
Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by davido91(m): 3:52pm On Feb 25, 2020
Speak for yourself. Clearly na you dey use your family dey judge matter.

vizkiz:

Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by Dollabiz: 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
Cant
Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by spiceadole: 3:58pm On Feb 25, 2020
Mum --100K
Dad --Zero naira
Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by chigoizie7(m): 3:58pm On Feb 25, 2020
englishmart:
If you were to share 100k between your parents, how much will each get? And why?

Me, I will give mom 70k and 30k to dad. Reason is, Mom needs a little more love for her enormous sacrifices. Woman has starved and done a lot of strenuous jobs to keep us going

Mom gets 90k reasons being that she manages the home, that 90k will still be used for everyone at home.

The 10k I am giving to papa is just for giving sake, so that it will not look as if I didn’t give him anything, otherwise, na mom go get the whole 100k
Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 3:59pm On Feb 25, 2020
vizkiz:

And many of the bastards coming here to deride their fathers are not any better than them.
Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by chibjohn(m): 4:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
My dad gets 70k and my mum 30k. I know my mum will spend her 30k on herself but my dad's 70k isn't really his. He will still spend it on the family.
Re: N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? by abdul4new(m): 4:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
[quote author=vizkiz post=86941854][color=#000099][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]It is not difficult to identify a bastard nowadays.

I concur with you � :

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Gabriel Segun Ajayi Dies, Was Married To 50-year-old Russian Woman / Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man / Thelma Chiaka Gave Birth To Sextuplets In Texas (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.