Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? (32733 Views)

Signs To Look Out For And Method To Survive Heat, Scorching Weather In Nigeria / Meningitis Is NOT Caused By Heat - Dr Olufunmilayo / My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by sholarr12: 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2020
It's the dry season when there is always a high level of heat.

Without electricity, how do you cope?

Do you take a shower?

Do you switch on the generator when there is no electricity?

Do you use a rechargeable fan?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Abfinest007(m): 4:22pm On Feb 25, 2020
manage things d way u see it.the last person that visit hell is a Nigerian he/she refuse to close d gate

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by scoundrel(f): 4:55pm On Feb 25, 2020
I sleep during the daytime in a pool of my sweat. When the environment is too hot I stay outside under shade or take a quick shower. The dry season is affecting NEPA too since they take and bring light every thirty or forty minute interval. To sit and watch a movie to take my mind away is futile because continuous electricity is never guaranteed.

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by CotenantNIG: 5:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
been naked

100 shared rooms Available at yaba
Newly built hostel for rent at yaba suitable for working class good road network 24hrs light swimming pool 24hrs security shared apartment very close to the road unisex hostel (male and female) relaxation center very affordable 3 months payment accepted
https://cotenant.ng/listing/shared-rooms-at-yaba/

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Nbote(m): 5:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
If not for water, I'm wondering how anyone would have coped.. Its even worse wen u have to contend with both d heat and mosquitoes

190 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by mbahdi(m): 5:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
Always sliping naked on d floor.tiles or carpet.na him sure pass.sliping on bed dis season sud b added to 1001 ways to die after living in Nigeria.

177 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by ursullalinda(f): 5:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
The heat is on another level....and PHCN has a way of making unbearable conditions harder.....I don't enjoy my sleep these days unless generator is on......if only some countries will borrow us small winter in exchange for the heat.

124 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by edidiongmichael(m): 5:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ya'll complaining about Nigeria's heat as if I stay in UK. undecided

Why don't I complain of heat as well?

More reason you should hustle! Money makes difficult situations look easy.

Hustle oooooooooo

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by McBrooklyn(m): 5:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
Shït you not bruh but it's like 100° in here at the moment... Global warming; but it feels like an angel turned on and heated up the furnace somewhere angry embarassed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Jaywilzee(m): 5:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
Heat is just unbearable embarassed
I wonder how hot hell will be, it's like naija hot weather is conditioning ( people that will go to hell) well.. just like mock exam before the real exam grin embarassed angry grin grin

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by ednut1(m): 5:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
God is reminding you guys of hell. repent

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
AC comes to the rescue most times.

And sometimes, a cold shower filled with ice cubes!

civilserva:
Who dash you AC?
Dem wailing zombie old man....
E cold dieeee........ wink

Pidginwhisper:
E go reach one stage sef you go ask yourself say shey no be say you don carry Coronavirus grin
Coro wetin?!
You play too much....
wink

Meanwhile,
Dear Weather......

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by PrincessB1(f): 5:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
Dearly beloved,
We have all noticed recently that the heat of the day and the night was unbearably high. According to experts, this is due to the heat waves resulting from the emission of greenhouse gases.
The Meteorological Agency warns us to prepare for warmer days and nights. This preparation will require smart coping strategies and participation in climate resilient practices to deal with the damage.
The common effects of heat waves on humans are dehydration that can lead to unconsciousness or death, chicken pox, heat rash, and psychological stress.
In order to cope with the current climatic conditions, the experts advised:

1. Drink more water to stay hydrated.
2. Keep a bottle of water with us to remind us to take water.
3. Avoid alcoholic and caffeinated beverages during this time.
4. Reduce the consumption of proteins rich foods (eg. red meats) as they increase metabolic heat.
5. Feed on fresh fruits and vegetables that are better options.
6. Monitor your blood pressure to make sure you are in the normal range.
7. Stay indoors (in our house or office) between 12 noon and 3pm each day as much as possible.
8. Take baths of cold (Room Temperature) water before going to bed at night.

Let us strive to conform to it because our life depends on it.
Let's be nice to share information with all our acquaintances. (Copied)

86 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by modaink333: 5:06pm On Feb 25, 2020
U still have the mind to ask

11 Likes

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Pidginwhisper: 5:06pm On Feb 25, 2020
Inside AC sef you go sweat like goat. But i dey always dey nakid for inside house dey play with my balls, dey shower every 30mins

E go reach one stage sef you go ask yourself say shey no be say you don carry Coronavirus
grin

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by destiny322(m): 5:06pm On Feb 25, 2020
Sincerely, I am tired of this heat!!! But its enough motivation for me to make enough money to either afford 24hrs electricity or move to a country where power generation is a thing of the past

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Amotekun777: 5:06pm On Feb 25, 2020
shocked
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Architectben34(m): 5:06pm On Feb 25, 2020
E no easy nepa sef no help matter

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Simplebeauty: 5:06pm On Feb 25, 2020
grin

Today I felt living in Antarctica wouldn't be a bad idea

Do you know I can buy your existing loans at an affordable rate?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by frenzzy2(m): 5:06pm On Feb 25, 2020
I hate africa with passion thank God am not currently in the so called Nigeria sha

1 Like

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by devigblegble: 5:06pm On Feb 25, 2020
Cures coronavirus just kidding
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by tofolo(m): 5:06pm On Feb 25, 2020
cold here up North.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Slawormir: 5:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
He worse for Benin city

Funny enough Bedc nor dey help matter here

7 Likes

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by AguofthEast(m): 5:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
This heat is something else , imagine bathing and you are sweating or when Nepa brings light and you are happy Just for them to take the light immediately

18 Likes

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Jerrick(m): 5:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
It's terrible

2 Likes

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 25, 2020

what heat, I have being in this country for several years already, this kind of heat is nothing, In fact am currently sipping some hot green tea laced with lemon and honey. Any temperature less than 50°c na normal for real Nigerians like me

6 Likes

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by popweezy(m): 5:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
If there is electricity, we use A.C

If there is no electricity, we have swimming pool.. I just sit inside it 4 couple of hours with my bottle of chilled heineken. This Life no hard abeg

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by surrogatesng: 5:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
This heat season is terrible.If you are interested in cheap solar packages check my signature

4 Likes

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by pointstores(m): 5:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
Nawa way powerbank banks dey market we have powerbanks for fans for 24hours heat solution check my profile

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... / Lady Celebrates Her Mum Who Has Been Down With Stroke For 10 Years / NACA: Akwa Ibom, Benue Have The Highest Number Of HIV Positive Persons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.