Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,140 members, 7,821,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? (32781 Views)

Signs To Look Out For And Method To Survive Heat, Scorching Weather In Nigeria / Meningitis Is NOT Caused By Heat - Dr Olufunmilayo / My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by kingpin0308(m): 12:12am On Feb 26, 2020
Someone should pls recommend a rechargeable fan that can last like 16hrs abeg

1 Like

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by kingpin0308(m): 12:17am On Feb 26, 2020
jaymichael:
I have Sumec 401A rechargeable fan with an 18w Binatone solar panel. Fan operates 24hrs whether I put on the gen or not. It recharges as I use during the day and serves all through the night. One of my better decisions of 2019.
How much did you get it pls
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Nobody: 12:18am On Feb 26, 2020
Wonder how Abuja will be. Even though I hate Akwa Ibom at least they are closer to the sea cold breeze dey blow now self. gringrin
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by WalkerMichael(m): 1:08am On Feb 26, 2020
ronaldbecky:
Mehn,sucking puci 4 this weather no easy..

Lol fuc*k

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by chukxie(m): 1:22am On Feb 26, 2020
Dubai, Qatar... are way hotter than Nigeria. But how often do we hear their citizens, and visitors to those countries screaming about the heat there? It is beyond pathetic that Nigeria still hasn't been able to offer Nigerians constant and affordable electricity supply! It's a thing of shame.
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by joepepsy(m): 1:38am On Feb 26, 2020
You can hate Nigeria is understandable but not mama africa biko.
frenzzy2:
I hate africa with passion thank God am not currently in the so called Nigeria sha
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by SoNature(m): 5:16am On Feb 26, 2020
AguofthEast:
This heat is something else , imagine bathing and you are sweating or when Nepa brings light and you are happy Just for them to take the light immediately

Buy a rechargeable fan

It really helps
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by jaymichael(m): 7:58am On Feb 26, 2020
kingpin0308:

How much did you get it pls
The fan SUMEC 401A and 405A (big battery) is 16k, got it from Sumec plaza Airways bustop Apapa.
For the panel, this is the link
https://www./tempered-glass-waterproof-solar-panel-15w-sop-150-binatone-mpg1194123.html
It was formerly sold around 5k. I bought for 5k at trade fair last year.
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by jaymichael(m): 7:58am On Feb 26, 2020
Rapsowdee01:

What is the cost of getting both and where did u get them please
The fan SUMEC 401A and 405A (big battery) is 16k, got it from Sumec plaza Airways bustop Apapa.
For the panel, this is the link
https://www./tempered-glass-waterproof-solar-panel-15w-sop-150-binatone-mpg1194123.html
It was formerly sold around 5k. I bought for 5k at trade fair last year.
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by kaplip(m): 7:59am On Feb 26, 2020
Well Bauchi is still cold
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by realtalk19: 8:44am On Feb 26, 2020
sholarr12:
It's the dry season when there is always a high level of heat.

Without electricity, how do you cope?

Do you take a shower?

Do you switch on the generator when there is no electricity?

Do you use a rechargeable fan?

I sleep under the shower till NEPA brings light or I take fresh cool breeze in my compound.

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Reelstar: 9:00am On Feb 26, 2020
There is still little cold here in jos. We still take our bath with hot water.

1 Like

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by donMIG(m): 9:19am On Feb 26, 2020
Still cold in zaria
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Ayobami7(m): 10:12am On Feb 26, 2020
na wa ooo
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Dizzyrascal(m): 12:42pm On Feb 26, 2020
SpecialAgent:

what heat, I have being in this country for several years already, this kind of heat is nothing, In fact am currently sipping some hot green tea laced with lemon and honey. Any temperature less than 50°c na normal for real Nigerians like me
your moniker sounds like that of a Russian spy....hmmm!!! Anyway Nigeria has no reasonable information you can use anyway, so nothing to fear really.... wink wink
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Dizzyrascal(m): 12:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
meum:
My village people off my fan o! D ting spoil inside this heat. I visited a technician today he said it's the coil. So mk I buy new head n leave d blades since noting do d blades. I rather kill myself by buying a new fan than commit suicide waiting for the old one to be fixedgrin
If na light we dey get am steady for night.
dis village pipu sef, dem too dey disturb person.... how person fan of all things go spoil inside this heat....the Lord is your muscle cool
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Dizzyrascal(m): 12:52pm On Feb 26, 2020
lucky4west:
i bath 2-3 times in the night now, and it affects my sleep and that of the kids, especially now that my gen is faulty, at times i doze at work because of lack of sleep...last night i could not bear it i have to go meet my neighbor to connect my plug head to his gen...i cannot come and kill myself with pride..who pride epp? my wife was like dont stress them me i no want know...the guy complied and i slept soundly and even spent some time in the other room! hhahahahaahahaha
sharp man!!!

1 Like

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Dizzyrascal(m): 1:04pm On Feb 26, 2020
fanmilk:
Hustle oooo, make heat no kill you before your time grin grin grin grin
abi!!!
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Dizzyrascal(m): 1:09pm On Feb 26, 2020
ContractKiller:
AC? It must be paying off big bucks to be a loyal slave and nyash kisser grin

Unfortunately I can never sell my soul for any price, not to talk of stupidly defending a failed government.

God go bless you
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Ageco(m): 1:11pm On Feb 26, 2020
Xclusiveme:

Have u been to Hell b4
The Bible is clear about it. Read Matthew 5:22, Mathew 23:33, Revelation 15: 20. If you reject His Mercy here on Earth. You cannot escape the misery of hellfire. Don't adopt the bogus notion of " wait-and- see"It's dangerous. Hellfire is reall my brother.
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Dizzyrascal(m): 1:26pm On Feb 26, 2020
romeoetin:
I use this app. Quite effective if I must say
hahahahaha!!!! Men you guys are just proper comedians
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Feb 26, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
your moniker sounds like that of a Russian spy....hmmm!!! Anyway Nigeria has no reasonable information you can use anyway, so nothing to fear really.... wink wink

I can get that from various NGOs if I want, them know things even 9ja security outfits no know
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by ForbesHomesNG(m): 4:21pm On Feb 26, 2020
Nbote:
If not for water, I'm wondering how anyone would have coped.. Its even worse wen u have to contend with both d heat and mosquitoes
Its been an interesting experience coping with heat and mosquitoes...
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Dizzyrascal(m): 4:42pm On Feb 26, 2020
SpecialAgent:

I can get that from various NGOs if I want, them know things even 9ja security outfits no know
well, I agree with you on that. Our security outfit are really only good at arresting and killing innocent Nigerians.... information gathering is not one of their strong points....
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by showafrica(m): 5:10pm On Feb 26, 2020
magicminister:
When are we going to protest the lack of electricity that has been plaguing this country since before most of us were born?

The government has refused to do anything and in 2020, we are still unable to have 247 power supply!

And some shameless peoples are proudly answering the the leader of the nation.

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by ronaldbecky(m): 12:17am On Feb 27, 2020
WalkerMichael:

Lol fuc*k
ahahahaha..lolz u sabi am..my nigga
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by tipzy001: 1:02pm On Mar 01, 2020
ericuzor:
Rechargeable mist fan and a good brand split unit can do wonders so me not feeling it..
Please how long does this rechargable mist fan battery lasts? I'm planning on getting one, and which brand would you recommend I get? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by ericuzor(m): 3:51pm On Mar 01, 2020
tipzy001:

Please how long does this rechargable mist fan battery lasts? I'm planning on getting one, and which brand would you recommend I get? Thanks
mine last 10hrs and lontor brand is good..
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by alezzy13: 7:12pm On Mar 01, 2020
caprini1:
So you are now richer than Ebuka obi- Uchendu,Don jazzy,DJ jimmy Jatt and Governor of Ebonyi state? These ones complained bitterly about the heat.

Calm down ,i have back up solar / inverters ,plus two generators to support PHCN....inverter Air-conditioning units workable with any size of generators but the weather is damn hot.Somethings wrong with the atmosphere.

Hi, if u don't mind, I'll like to know more about the bolded:
What model, how long have u used it and how would you rate the cooling efficiency compared to normal AC?

I've been thinking about getting one myself, just want to be sure.
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by caprini1: 7:16pm On Mar 01, 2020
alezzy13:

Hi, if u don't mind, I'll like to know more about the bolded:
What model, how long have u used it and how would you rate the cooling efficiency compared to normal AC?

I've been thinking about getting one myself, just want to be sure.
There are many brands,but i am an LG person.....have used mine exactly 13 months and it cools very well,less energy consuming while on phcn.

1 Like

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by tipzy001: 12:11am On Mar 02, 2020
ericuzor:
mine last 10hrs and lontor brand is good..
Okay, thank you. How much can I get the Lontor brand for please?
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by alezzy13: 3:32am On Mar 02, 2020
caprini1:
There are many brands,but i am an LG person.....have used mine exactly 13 months and it cools very well,less energy consuming while on phcn.

I see. Many thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

6 New Coronavirus Cases In Osun, Nigeria. Total Of 190 Cases. 20 Discharged / ANALYSIS: Is The Madagascan Herbal Drink A Cure For Malaria Or Coronavirus? / What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.