Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,854 members, 7,813,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? (32758 Views)

Signs To Look Out For And Method To Survive Heat, Scorching Weather In Nigeria / Meningitis Is NOT Caused By Heat - Dr Olufunmilayo / My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by faithesco(f): 5:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
Saving lives since 17Bc
Just shower
apply without drying the water
and thank me later! cool

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
Not new. We are Africans and also Nigerians know how to cope with any challenges.
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by YINKS89(m): 5:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
I do the 3 together.
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by kilisi(m): 5:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
Here in Ibadan, the heat no be here!

To worsen the matter, IBEDC come dey use our light play ludo.

6 Likes

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by meum: 5:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
My village people off my fan o! D ting spoil inside this heat. I visited a technician today he said it's the coil. So mk I buy new head n leave d blades since noting do d blades. I rather kill myself by buying a new fan than commit suicide waiting for the old one to be fixedgrin
If na light we dey get am steady for night.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Baroba(m): 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
If you live in gated compound, sleep on top of a metallic tank..

1 Like

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
G
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Princeton92(m): 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
Not fair N not funny at all... I sweat furiously N get scared in wonder if it's abnormal for me... Lol

2 Likes

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Bashnigga(m): 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
Odikwa risky
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by prophetwis: 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
When you have Children and they cannot sleep at night and Nepa does not bring light after you have paid their exorbitant bills and you have to "run' Gen overnight ,you will understand why people people call this country a........

14 Likes

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by digicreator: 5:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
We still got hammaathan here
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by feldido(m): 5:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
Terrible here... Over 41°c. Everything is hot, from bed to tile to shower.

3 Likes

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by candidbabe(f): 5:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
It's cold here .

1 Like

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Zontage: 5:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
And to think that NEPA isn't helping at all at least the Ac would have be of help.

As for this Ox fan here, the heat even overpowered it, the thing will just be blowing hot air.

Las Las I sleep naked and on tiles. God help us

8 Likes

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Nickymezor(f): 5:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
Its really awful...Rashes trying to set in undecided

2 Likes

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by mosho2good: 5:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
One of the most prudent things you should do for yourself in Nigeria today is keeping out of trouble. One of the worst things that can happen to a person is to be sent to jail in Nigeria.

Jail in Nigeria is halfway house to hell. Maryam Sanda will probably never be executed, most Governor's do not sign the death warrant anymore. Orji Kalu Uzor will probably never serve full-time.

But still Nigerian prisons are like Nazi concentration camps. The food is calamitous, healthcare is none existent.

I have seen a prisoner holding his eye ball in his hand, it was still attached to his eye socket by a tendril. Someone used a spoon to scoop out his eye ball in a fight. The nurse was off duty. Nobody cared, he died.

I had a client once who was remanded in prison. He was HIV positive and did not tell me. Maybe that would have been further grounds for bail. He could not take his drugs and he relapsed. Before I could try to get him out it was too late, he died.

The food given to prisoners is not fit for human consumption, even animals should not be made to eat such rubbish. Meanwhile, huge sums of money has been budgeted for feeding prisoners.

Avoid trouble, infact, flee from trouble. Anything that will involve police charging you to court is trouble. If you can kill a matter in the police station, by all means do it. Stop shouting,

"I know my right!"

This is Nigeria. Your right and left can change anytime.

Police will definitely ask for big money, if you have it and you suspect your case is not very solid kill the matter there. Even if you think you have a good case, this is Nigeria.

If your lawyer is shouting,

"we will meet in court!" in Police station tell him to calm down.

It is your case, not his. The use of "we," is merely figurative. He will not stand in the accused box with you.

Remember, it is not what you know that matters in court, it is what you can prove. Besides, this is Nigeria.

I was attacked once by a pedestrian in Lagos. The car I was inside brushed him slightly. I was not the one driving. I just told him to be more careful.

That is how the guy attacked me. He threw 4 punches, I blocked two and dodged two.

I had the opportunity to counter punch but I did not. I am not Anthony Joshua. A police man eventually stopped him. I quickly removed myself from the scene.

I was happy enough I was not going home with a broken jaw, neither was I being charged for assault. Sometimes it is better to let some things go.

I do not mean that you should turn to everyone's foot mat, but if you are going to take up an issue, ensure you are blameless, or almost blameless.

Avoid wahala. If people are beating up a thief do not join, or even stand and watch, even if it is your property that was stolen.

If someone hits your car don't start fighting because of that.

Do not lend people money. It hardly ends well.

Do not surety people you don't absolutely trust.

Avoid too much night movement, and partying and clubbing.

Avoid people who cannot control their alcohol, they always start brawls.

Realize that a bad situation can always get worse, or better, depending on how you handle it.

Avoid people who talk too much.

Be wary with your speech. Do not talk about people behind their backs.

Always assume that someone is recording your speech and videoing your actions.

Even if someone comes with negative gossip about another person, do not say anything. If you talk, it is what you said that will somehow find its way to the person's ear.

Stop saying things like,

" Do you know who I am?"

"I no dey fear anybody!"

"My yes is my yes and my no is my no!"

Finally, remember to keep your anger and ego in check, the world does not revolve around you, it revolves around the sun

62 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by LIMELIGHTCRAZY: 5:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
So hot when I sleep , I have nightmares
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by lucky4west: 5:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
i bath 2-3 times in the night now, and it affects my sleep and that of the kids, especially now that my gen is faulty, at times i doze at work because of lack of sleep...last night i could not bear it i have to go meet my neighbor to connect my plug head to his gen...i cannot come and kill myself with pride..who pride epp? my wife was like dont stress them me i no want know...the guy complied and i slept soundly and even spent some time in the other room! hhahahahaahahaha

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by mranova(m): 5:11pm On Feb 25, 2020
Heat? No heat here in Jos. Cold strong winds blowing.

1 Like

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by fk002: 5:11pm On Feb 25, 2020
In my Area light is 247, in fact, they don't take light i swear.

I no dey feel the heat at all

1 Like

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Bbbwings: 5:11pm On Feb 25, 2020
Make hell fire come
It can't be worse than this

1 Like

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by ericuzor(m): 5:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
Rechargeable mist fan and a good brand split unit can do wonders so me not feeling it..
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by lucky4west: 5:13pm On Feb 25, 2020
Bbbwings:
Make hell fire come
It can't be worse than this
.....bro in ur widest imagination dont even think about hell or compare it...hell is forever and a total separation from God and his presence...abeg we no need that exaggeration

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 25, 2020
Not easy oooo.

I have resort to always wear gown or skirt with only panties for now.

No jeans till further notice.
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 25, 2020
scoundrel:
I sleep during the daytime in a pool of my sweat. When the environment is too hot I stay outside under shade or take a quick shower. The dry season is affecting NEPA too since they take and bring light every thirty or forty minute interval. To sit and watch a movie to take my mind away is futile because continuous electricity is never guaranteed.
No water to run the Dams I guess. It's not easy without electricity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by RedBororo(m): 5:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
The heat is something else, is no just funny,
Pity people when Dey bleach or those that small , that one na double Wahala for death body

2 Likes

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 25, 2020
The worst part about my own case is I have a cough, I can't drink cold water to chill my biosystem. Person go wake up from sleep, e go be like say them pour am hot water. This heat is too much!
Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by Asabe4(f): 5:17pm On Feb 25, 2020
It's almost driving me crazy.. Edo state is the worst cry

4 Likes

Re: Scorching Heat: How Are You Coping? by SweetCunt97(f): 5:17pm On Feb 25, 2020
Thank God for AC.
mbahdi:
Always sliping naked on d floor.tiles or carpet.na him sure pass.sliping on bed dis season sud b added to 1001 ways to die after living in Nigeria.
Beds are super warm. Even sitting on Leather chairs is a big issue, very hot.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NACA: Akwa Ibom, Benue Have The Highest Number Of HIV Positive Persons / Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... / 6 New Coronavirus Cases In Osun, Nigeria. Total Of 190 Cases. 20 Discharged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.