Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? (27911 Views)

Have You Ever Married Someone Against Your Parents Wish? / If A Girl Or Lady Toasts You, Will You Accept? / What's Your Definition Of A Broke Guy Or Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by SuPeRq(f): 1:10pm On Mar 04, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by juniorstar(m): 1:12pm On Mar 04, 2020
its good to listen to you parents point of view and decide if its good for you..in the end you would reap the consequence either good or bad and they may no longer be around so be wise and chop liver so that whatever betides you would still sail through.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by EgunMogaji2: 1:12pm On Mar 04, 2020
What’s my parents concern with who I’m marrying? Na dem dey Wife am? angry

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by spiritmasquerad(m): 1:14pm On Mar 04, 2020
In a way I would marry someone who my parents don't agree with. And it also depends on the reason why they said no nothing is ever one-sided
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by lexxwiz(m): 1:16pm On Mar 04, 2020
my popsy wey marry 4 wives wan tell me who to marry? He doesn’t have the moral standard to do so. I think my pops opinion would be trashed! My mum? Well, I’ll pay attention to details .

3 Likes

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by lonlytroy(m): 1:16pm On Mar 04, 2020
Never, I wish I knew will be the regret last last
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by davillian(m): 1:17pm On Mar 04, 2020
Yes why not
Is she going to live with them for the rest of her life...
Besides my parents allows everyone to make their choices they can only advice you and let you make your choice.

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by ndidigood(f): 1:18pm On Mar 04, 2020
Michellekabod2:
my parents have always insisted we marry our fellow Igbos yet only Yoruba guys come for me
dee there
Marry someone who will forever love and appreciate u regardless where they come
However must be responsible
I don tuk my own

2 Likes

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 04, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

... you forgot the most important question:
- are you gonna live your married life with your parents or you spouse?
- whats more important in such issue, whats best for YOU or whats best for your parents?
- why would your parent have a say in who you want to spend the rest of your life with?
- how old are you that you cant even choose your future wife by yourself?
- would you rather be happy in life while others are upset with your choices OR miserable in life while others are happy with your choices?

Very brilliant thoughts you have there.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Lovelyn451(f): 1:18pm On Mar 04, 2020
StrikeBack:
See them with their nonsense underbearing attitude

Later you'll start complaining of Racism
I will never support Yoruba-Igbo marriage, Yoruba don't value family like the Igbo's.abeg abeg, you guys should keep marrying ur women biko
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by mofresh(m): 1:20pm On Mar 04, 2020
my parents have always insisted we marry our fellow Igbos yet only Yoruba guys come for me[center][the Igbo ladys are meant for yoruba boy like us,]we love you ...ewatago!
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by micflo28(m): 1:20pm On Mar 04, 2020
If there reason is not cogent enough, yes I will.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 04, 2020
spiritmasquerad:
In a way I would marry someone who my parents don't agree with. And it also depends on the reason why they said no nothing is ever one-sided

One day, you'll be alone.. All alone with your wife. Not your parents.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by jaxxy(m): 1:21pm On Mar 04, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
perhaps it could be reasons honed from love... perhaps it could be reasons that has to do with his or her money.

what will you do if your parents refuses to give you their consent or permission to go on and marry that guy or lady?

Yes if I’m 90/100 % sure I know what I’m doing. Parents are only advisory they won’t live with u bt u need to understand if their concerns are valid ones or frivolous.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by gentleibraheem(m): 1:22pm On Mar 04, 2020
I surely would. they're too conventional, tribalistic, and sentimental
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Omar09(m): 1:22pm On Mar 04, 2020
Viicfuntop:

Mama’s boy is all I see here, justifying it by this post.

You say that like it's a disgusting.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by seangy4konji: 1:23pm On Mar 04, 2020
Lol...

Yes but that's my father only and late.would only listen to my dad .my mother makes poor decisions...though for the ladies right but I am not omo mummy so I have never heard or does what she says..

Go in yourself and go hard. Face the consequences of your decision..sit Dow. Middle of the night and think about it...no going back or withdrawso not be decieved by beauty though...that's one thing that can lead one astray..your church mind can never deceive you so make your decisions and stick by it...die with your pride and decisions as a man.

Omo mummy die well ooo
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by ceejay80s(m): 1:24pm On Mar 04, 2020
Most times parents are wrong, what if they are dead so u won't marry? Or u will take the girl to their grave to tell them to help u decide?

3 Likes

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by vinceobe: 1:24pm On Mar 04, 2020
MOST MARRIAGES WITHOUT PARENTAL SUPPORT, AGREEMENTS AND BLESSINGS, ALMOST ALWAYS END IN REGRETS AND UNMITIGATED DISASTER. IF THE INEVITABLE HAPPENS, YOU HAVE NO PLACE TO RUN TO AND YOUR PARENTS WILL SAY: " DID I NOT WARN YOU"? SO GET YOUR PARENTAL BLESSINGS FOR YOUR MARRIAGE. YOU HEAR ME SO. THE WORDS OF OUR ELDERS ARE WORDS OF WISDOM. WHATEVER AN OLD PERSON SEES WHILE LYING DOWN, A CHILD WILL NEVER SEE EVEN WHEN HE OR SHE CLIMBS THE TALLEST IROKO.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 04, 2020
Again another Yoruba guy here
Michellekabod2:
my parents have always insisted we marry our fellow Igbos yet only Yoruba guys come for me
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Omar09(m): 1:25pm On Mar 04, 2020
tomdon:

Wow five whopping kids and she still looked young and without kids. Are you kidding me??
How did having 5 kids wreck him. Your point is not valid

The five kids didn't wreck him. In fact the woman only came with one to live with him. The woman wrecked him. She had three kids for my uncle of which one was boy whom got shot to dead by cultist. He was a cultist tho. Her waywardness which got her kicked out of that first husband's house, wrecked my uncle.

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by seangy4konji: 1:26pm On Mar 04, 2020
tundeloveday:
Again another Yoruba guy here
this one does not know his or her gender..
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by TruthSpeaker: 1:28pm On Mar 04, 2020
PARENTS SHOULD AVOID IMPOSING THEIR CHOICE ON THEIR CHILDREN, AFTER ALL THEY WOULDN’T BE THERE TO PUT UP WITH THE DAY TO DAY STRUGGLE OF THE PARTNERS.
WHEN 2 PEOPLE THAT DON’T LOVE EACH OTHER TO GET MARRIED, THE UNION IS VERY UNLIKELY TO LAST.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by umykal: 1:30pm On Mar 04, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
perhaps it could be reasons honed from love... perhaps it could be reasons that has to do with his or her money.

what will you do if your parents refuses to give you their consent or permission to go on and marry that guy or lady?
This question is for those whose parents are still alive, unlike me.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by vinceobe: 1:33pm On Mar 04, 2020
BUT YOU HAVE UNCLES AND AUNTIES, DO'NT YOU? THESE ARE YOUR PARENTS NOW. THOSE WHO WILL FOLLOW YOU TO "IGBANKU", ARE YOUR PARENTS NOW IF YOUR BIOLOGICAL PARENTS ARE NO MORE.
umykal:

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by bossrillboss: 1:35pm On Mar 04, 2020
u pple r still far from the recent truth in nowadays parents,some parents are just not serious walahi,ur daughter/Son av bin dating sm1 all dis years nd ready to settle dwn wit him/her,den u will hear thngs lik av gone to our pastor,mallam,chief priests, dey say if u marry her/him,u pple will b poor,ur husband/wife families will b fighting you,u will nt gv birth,or anoda guy/lady dash dem moni dey will b preferring d moni dash inlaws.nd bf u knw d mumu him/she will fall for all dia tricks nd yeye tuk.all I knw a parent shld do is pray for his or her child wen ready for marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by ekwerendi(m): 1:36pm On Mar 04, 2020
I can't marry a person against my parents wish, because what they sit-down seeing, I may not see even when I'm standing...
If I truly love the person,I will only convince them to see reasons with me to marry such a person.... Though it may take time.... I have to wait
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by misreal(m): 1:36pm On Mar 04, 2020
Omar09:
I will listen to my parents especially my mom if she has a valid reason that has nothing to do with Tribalism.

My uncle when he wanted to get married brought home a woman who was very beautiful, but his mom refused saying she's a single mom with kids tho his mom was just seeing the woman for the first time. Long story short, my uncle went ahead with the marriage and today....! He is wrecked! By the same woman his mom warned him about. He's mom's late (rest her soul). Now my uncle just found out this year that his wife had five kids for the first husband.

Now tell me why I shouldn't listen to my parents?
the truth is, when your parents kick against your spouse.dont be quick to say they do not know what they are saying..
Except they are just being tribalistic, greedy or just bossy and picky.your parents advice shoudnt be ignored oh..

2 Likes

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by MadeINchenzen2: 1:37pm On Mar 04, 2020
jaxxy:

Yes if I’m 90/100 % sure I know what I’m doing. Parents are only advisory they won’t live with u bt u need to understand if their concerns are valid ones or frivolous.
lol. pesin wey dem knack jazz go still think say im know wetin im dey do !grin

2 Likes

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by MadeINchenzen2: 1:37pm On Mar 04, 2020
umykal:

so sorry !

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by lequama10: 1:38pm On Mar 04, 2020
Omar09:
I will listen to my parents especially my mom if she has a valid reason that has nothing to do with Tribalism.

My uncle when he wanted to get married brought home a woman who was very beautiful, but his mom refused saying she's a single mom with kids tho his mom was just seeing the woman for the first time. Long story short, my uncle went ahead with the marriage and today....! He is wrecked! By the same woman his mom warned him about. He's mom's late (rest her soul). Now my uncle just found out this year that his wife had five kids for the first husband.

Now tell me why I shouldn't listen to my parents?
so because it happens to your uncle, it's automatically will happen to you right? Shit happens my brother. Your mom can advice you will always know better only if you ignore the signs. God help with your choices..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Things Married People Wont Tell You About Marriage / Before You Marry A Divorcee. / What Is The Best Cream For Someone Who Is Dark And Oily In Complexion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.