Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom (32141 Views)

Police Take Over Cross River Assembly / Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme’s Confirmation As CJ, Again, Post Vacant / Ekiti Assembly Rejects Governorship Election Result, Adjourns Till October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by potent5(m): 9:09am On Mar 04, 2020
Yes, I agree with you. Some years ago, a judge of Anambra state origin was made Chief Judge of Abia state.
0m0nnakoda:

We don't see this between Imo and Abia?
Enugu and Anambra?

1 Like

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Mizwisdom(f): 9:10am On Mar 04, 2020
Edygrin:

stop this unity begging.. Akwa ibom left cross river for a reason... IF you feel akwa ibomites are too many in your state then send them away... Akwa ibom is doing better and will continue to do better. Some years ago you all were saying that akwa ibom can't have an airport, now there's an international airport... Now you're saying that akwa ibom wont ve a seaport in the ext 30 years.... Watch out! IBaka deep sea port is coming

Airport that is located in Forest? can you boldly go there at night alone without shivering? compare that to Cross River Airport in Town grin

So why you all don't like staying in your state? you invade CRS but you're not willing to be flexible and to accept your host way of life instead you want to establish your own and enforce your language grin I pray Ayade sends all AKB out of CRS civil service completely

3 Likes

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by okpalaAnambra: 9:11am On Mar 04, 2020
Where are those nonsense akwacross people...you think you can combine akwacross and leave Biafra, you never see
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by mvem(m): 9:14am On Mar 04, 2020
Why accuse our leaders of Nepotism and tribalism when in reality all Nigerians do it
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by badmrkt(m): 9:14am On Mar 04, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Airport that is located in Forest? can you boldly go there at night alone without shivering? compare that to Cross River Airport in Town grin

So why you all don't like staying in your state? you invade CRS but you're not willing to be flexible and to accept your host way of life instead you want to establish your own and enforce your language grin I pray Ayade sends all AKB out of CRS civil service completely
your username is inversely proportional to you how you reason.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Blackking98(m): 9:15am On Mar 04, 2020
Beachside:

My advocacy for a united Akwa cross has nothing to do with unity begging nor do I think Akwa ibom has any more potential than Cross river. Based on my personal assessment,I think Cross river has more potential than Akwa ibom . I speak concrete facts because I have classified info . There will be no seaport at Akwa ibom anytime soon. In fact, there may be no Akwa ibom as it is today in 7 years .
Based on my interactions and what I know , Efik does not want unity with Akwa ibom people ,neither does Ogoja and the rest.
Cross river is 3 times larger than Akwa ibom and receives only $9 million dollars per month .Akwa ibom receives $55 Million dollars per month ,which isn't utilized efficiently.
There are thousands of akwa ibom people living in Cross river ,but there's not up to 200 people from cross river living in Akwa ibom.

May be you guys think everyone on this forum is Nigerian or lives in Nigeria. I know more about Nigeria and Africa than most who live there.
I think most Nigerians(including the ones who live in developed countries) are ignorant,uneducated(jungle education) with primitive jungle mentality, that's why Nigeria is a third world shiithole .
I'm American born and raised,Efik dad, though lived in Nigeria for 3 years. I think the Calabarians (Akwacross) should be more united. Based on my interactions with some Efik people , I doubt any wants unification with Akwa ibom. Infact, they oppose my idea about Akwacross unity.
Every idea and insinuations about akwa cross unity I post on this forum is my lone personal idea and has absolutely nothing to do with anyone else.
I think it's a shame the (calabarians) Akwacross people are the most divisive ,they're viewed as weak and docile,and they really are. .
any Akwa Ibom or efik person replying this guy is wasting his time. He isn't an Akwa ibomite or efik person sef. Below is how the CRS house of assembly member's voted on Akon ikpeme, if you're conversant with Cross river, you'll notice Below that all the Efik and akampa members of the house voted in her favour even though she is from Akwa Ibom. Leave this beachfool, he's just stoking the embers of hatred, even some central and nothern Cross riverian lawmakers voted in her favour. You've failed in stoking the fire of hatred between Akwa Ibom and Cross river. Go to your village

4 Likes

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Mizwisdom(f): 9:20am On Mar 04, 2020
badmrkt:
your username is inversely proportional to you how you reason.

Thanks, BAD MARKET!
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by ustanejnr(m): 9:20am On Mar 04, 2020
Beachside:
A united and progressive Calabar (Akwacross) is preferred ,but for now I feel Akwa ibom can not be trusted. They think they have it all just due to baseless and unsustainable tangible development and 90 percent offshore oil which Uyo and Ikot ekepene have none of . They breed like rabbits and multiply poverty everywhere ,and they are not looking to unite,assimilate or accept Efik Calabarian methods as the standard and official.
I support denial of the Akwa ibom judge and the appointment of the judge as long as he is from Cross river. that's why there should be ID database to separate wheat from chaff.
On another thread, an akwa ibom individual was bragging that he was born and raised in calabar and ibibio will take over. His Allegiance is to Akwa ibom ,not cross river.
I am American born and raised and mixed race and I qualify to be Governor of Cross river than that guy . it's about roots ,not born and raised.
I don't care if an individual was born and lived ,school and worked all his life in Calabar, you are not from there and should be expelled if you do not pay allegiance to Calabar methods.
There will be no seaport at Akwa ibom within the next 30 years . The only seaport on plan within the next 4 years is the Calabar seaport at Akpabuyo which will serve the entire cross river and the Greater Calabar area including Akwa ibom.
Apart from English ,Efik is the standard and official language of the Cross river and Akwa ibom ,and is in the process of being registered by google.
If Akwa ibom does not agree with these methods, all akwa ibom people should be expelled from cross river and a border wall built., all other mthods will be implemented to punish Akwa ibom forever.
So sad that you claim to born and grow up in a civilise country , Yet ur hatred to your fellow Nigerian, show u up as semi illiterate. Thank God for technology everyone now have access to internet, see u write trash , hope u no ur fellow bush men from the north can't even communicate with you in this your so called Efik official language.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:21am On Mar 04, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Ndi Akwacross.....

Niger Delta republic in making.....Lolzzzzzzzz

I have consistently warned that this republic of Niger delta be formed so that others will hear word.

Imagine Cross river and Akwaibom...

I will only support Biafra republic of Igbo nation.

If Nnamdi kanu wants let him go and be packing the whole ethnic group in Nigeria and call it Biafra.....Na him Sabi.

You are a very irresponsible and stupid fellow. In some threads you go about insulting Yorubas, in some you insult Igbo people from other states;even the Nnamdi Kanu you are endorsing here usually receives insult from you. You have now come on this thread to insult people of the Niger Delta and Akwa Cross peeps. It seems your mission here is to drag the image of Igbo people in the mud. Better straighten up your ways and stop behaving like a sick fellow.

9 Likes

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:24am On Mar 04, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
Where are those nonsense akwacross people...you think you can combine akwacross and leave Biafra, you never see

Mr Man stop creating problems for our people here. Leave the Akwa cross folks and stop dragging the Igbo people into this rubbish. Ir has nothing to do with us.

4 Likes

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by powerhouse3(m): 9:26am On Mar 04, 2020
Blackking98:
any Akwa Ibom or efik person replying this guy is wasting his time. He isn't an Akwa ibomite or efik person sef. Below is how the CRS house of assembly member's voted on Akon ikpeme, if you're conversant with Cross river, you'll notice Below that all the Efik and akampa members of the house voted in her favour even though she is from Akwa Ibom. Leave this beachfool, he's just stoking the embers of hatred, even some central and nothern Cross riverian lawmakers voted in her favour. You've failed in stoking the fire of hatred between Akwa Ibom and Cross river. Go to your village
Thank you for this info, not until I travel to some where that its dawn on me that some part of cross river ,say ogoja in general term,was averse to akwa ibom,they accuse my state of so many evil thing and that worst of it being that those that made the accusations have not stay in akwa ibom for a single day ,but the form their opinion on hearsay,.....And I know that no proper efik speaking tribe in cross river could reject that honourable judge,..... Ayade is at the helm ,so he should do as he pleased.....
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by EMboz(m): 9:27am On Mar 04, 2020
Edygrin:

stop this unity begging.. Akwa ibom left cross river for a reason... IF you feel akwa ibomites are too many in your state then send them away... Akwa ibom is doing better and will continue to do better. Some years ago you all were saying that akwa ibom can't have an airport, now there's an international airport... Now you're saying that akwa ibom wont ve a seaport in the ext 30 years.... Watch out! IBaka deep sea port is coming
and to even crown it all they own the only federally owned maritime institution in Nigeria and that should give rise to setting up a seaport in Akwa Ibom soonest!
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by wiseone28: 9:31am On Mar 04, 2020
Eteka1:
I am from Cross River and I don't jealous Akwa Ibom, I rather love her.

For what happened yesterday at the CRS HoA, most Cross Riverians are against it. People organized series of street protests against it. Ayade is on his own on this.
ok that's good to know

2 Likes

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by ustanejnr(m): 9:32am On Mar 04, 2020
Blackking98:
see the idiot claiming american citizen, person wey never cross Cotonou before

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Blackking98(m): 9:33am On Mar 04, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Thanks, BAD MARKET!
I've noticed your quotes. You are replying out of fear and hatred and you feel dominated lol. No one is stopping you from coming to Akwa Ibom and living life. Anyway I'm from Akwa Ibom but have lived all my life in CRS, I still school and live in calabar. You can start by coming to my house and chasing me back to uyo. Efik and Akwa Ibom people can't be separated really, it's like trying to separate ebonyi Igbo from imo igbo or kwara Yoruba from info Yoruba. Just because we don't have an umbrella name like Igbo or Yoruba doesn't mean we're not united, I've posted the voting pattern of the CRS house of assembly member's here, all the Efik and akampa lawmakers voted in her favour, goes a long way to show there's unity, I was also suprised to see some of your atam folks vote for her, you have many Akwa ibomites in CRS government, I also see the reason tho cus CJ is a very sensitive position, even back here in Akwa Ibom it's not easy before u get such Post. You in your heart of hearts knew one of the main reasons the state was split was the perceived domination by the ibibios and her sister tribes like the efiks and Annang, but that's in the past. No need for all this. No one is stopping u from coming to naturalize in Akwa Ibom or marrying an Akwa ibomite and aspiring for a position

3 Likes

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 04, 2020
-

2 Likes

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 04, 2020
Beachside:
A united and progressive Calabar (Akwacross) is preferred ,but for now I feel Akwa ibom can not be trusted. They think they have it all just due to baseless and unsustainable tangible development and 90 percent offshore oil which Uyo and Ikot ekepene have none of . They breed like rabbits and multiply poverty everywhere ,and they are not looking to unite,assimilate or accept Efik Calabarian methods as the standard and official.
I support denial of the Akwa ibom judge and the appointment of the judge as long as he is from Cross river. that's why there should be ID database to separate wheat from chaff.
On another thread, an akwa ibom individual was bragging that he was born and raised in calabar and ibibio will take over. His Allegiance is to Akwa ibom ,not cross river.
I am American born and raised and mixed race and I qualify to be Governor of Cross river than that guy . it's about roots ,not born and raised.
I don't care if an individual was born and lived ,school and worked all his life in Calabar, you are not from there and should be expelled if you do not pay allegiance to Calabar methods.
There will be no seaport at Akwa ibom within the next 30 years . The only seaport on plan within the next 4 years is the Calabar seaport at Akpabuyo which will serve the entire cross river and the Greater Calabar area including Akwa ibom.
Apart from English ,Efik is the standard and official language of the Cross river and Akwa ibom ,and is in the process of being registered by google.
If Akwa ibom does not agree with these methods, all akwa ibom people should be expelled from cross river and a border wall built., all other mthods will be implemented to punish Akwa ibom forever.

I thought Efik and Ibibio are one

1 Like

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 04, 2020
richPHAROAH:
akwa ibom pipu are too wicked, they will never make a cross river man their chief judge. why do they want cross river to make a non indigene like them chief judge?

But Ikeme abi ikene mom is from cross river...doesn’t that make her a cross riverine
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Blackking98(m): 9:37am On Mar 04, 2020
powerhouse3:
Thank you for this info, not until I travel to some where that its dawn on me that some part of cross river ,say ogoja in general term,was averse to akwa ibom,they accuse my state of so many evil thing and that worst of it being that those that made the accusations have not stay in akwa ibom for a single day ,but the form their opinion on hearsay,.....And I know that no proper efik speaking tribe in cross river could reject that honourable judge,..... Ayade is at the helm ,so he should do as he pleased.....

Not all of them though. Even ayade has Akwa ibomites as commissioners. I guess they're still afraid of us that's why he refused giving her such a high position. I was happy our brothers in Efik land and akampa showed solidarity with her
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by powerhouse3(m): 9:37am On Mar 04, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Ndi Akwacross.....

I have consistently warned that this republic of Niger delta be formed so that others will hear word.

If Nnamdi kanu wants let him go and be packing the whole ethnic group in Nigeria and call it Biafra.....Na him Sabi.
.....News like this get you high ,giving you reverie,.. and you forgot that Theodore orji did worst to IMO people..... I think you should concentrate on how to unite Nnamdi KANU and uwazurike to be on the page so that Biafra can come speedily.....

lastly ,its seem to me ,you're from Ebonyi....ishi
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 04, 2020
Beachside:

But Ikpeme abi ikene mom is from cross river...doesn’t that make her a cross riverine
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Blackking98(m): 9:39am On Mar 04, 2020
Kwon1999:

I thought Efik and Ibibio are one
please leave the slowpoke. He's neither Akwa Ibom or Cross river. I posted the voting pattern of the CRS lawmakers above. I think that's enough evidence to show we're one
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by ustanejnr(m): 9:39am On Mar 04, 2020
Mizwisdom:

I know for sure that you can't speak Efik, yet you claim to be a cross riverine . bush woman from atam nation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by frozen70(f): 9:40am On Mar 04, 2020
Let them cone to Lagos and see other tribes holding positions in the state

Anyway their complain is not going to hold water
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Badgers14: 9:43am On Mar 04, 2020
Yay!! One Nigeria grin
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Zimzim2000: 9:44am On Mar 04, 2020
Shame unto you
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Flyingngel(m): 9:45am On Mar 04, 2020
Beachside post:

Who did this to you? So from your myopic understanding Akwa Ibom shld accept Efik as their official language when there is no local government here that speak Efik.
By the way who was that person that mandated Efik people to accept Ibibio language as their main language?
To the sea port wetin consign Ibom deep sea port and calabar port? why don't you build your own while Akwa ibom do the same.
I doubt you are from Cross River State but remember one day a Cross Riverian will climb up to the last level in service in another state she is married to and same will happen.
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 04, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Ndi Akwacross.....

You speak as if the East is different in actions like this.

Need I remind you of the catholic bishop that was rejected in imo state because he wasn't from mbaise even though he is igbo?

You want me to remind you of how each state in the east weeded other easterners from their civil service years ago because they were not from that particular state?

Can you leave your state and seek for political appointment in another Eastern state? If no, why comment like a child?

You have always displayed your bigotry in this forum on a daily basis and it has always been overlooked.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Blackking98(m): 9:49am On Mar 04, 2020
Beachside:
All three accounts I've ever had on this forum ,including this one has always posted positive suggestions and comments on Akwa ibom's development.
Whenever I advocate and post about Akwacross unity , I get opposed by the same Akwa ibom monikers like the ones on the first 2 pages saying "there's no such things as akwacross" or "unity beggar"etc, and that pissed me off recently . If there's no such thing as Akwa cross ,why are you bothered about the judge being denied. why are there thousands of Akwa ibom people living in Cros river ,but there's not up to 200 people from Cross river lving in Akw ibom?

That's why I support the denial of the Akwa ibom judge .
You're neither an Akwa ibomite nor a Cross riverian guy. Leave us alone. Go and propose to your village people such development plans. We will sort ourselves out. Anytime you write something, you always start or end by insulting Akwa ibomites. I live in calabar. I'm from Akwa Ibom, my mother is Efik. Can you now say u have a better understanding of issues Better than me? Just receive sense. You claim Akwa Ibom won't have a deep sea port in 30yrs to come. Now let me school u,many years ago Nigeria's matches were played in uj Esuene stadium calabar, Akwa Ibom was laughed at, especially by nothern and central Cross riverians, today we have the best stadium in West Africa and Calabar stadium can't even host inter house sport, you can't lie because I Live just a stone throw to the stadium, year's back u claimed Akwa Ibom didn't have an airport while Cross river had, today not only does Akwa Ibom have one of the best airport in the country we're the only state to own an airline with functioning service, Calabar airport is nothing to write home about as people come from here to Akwa ibom to fly out, is it roads that you want to compare or is it infrastructure? Uyo and calabar aside, I give you ikot ekpene,itam and eket. Give me three cities in Cross River that are as developed as or better than those three that I've mentioned then I'll take u serious. Rubbish

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Rikidony(m): 9:50am On Mar 04, 2020
Beachside:
You are a complete dunce if you think, the over hype seaport by Ayade will come into fruition before ibaka deep sea port. you are even a complete slowpoke if you don already realize that Akwa ibomites have already taken over Calabar.
Calabar today is a shadow of its former self, potholes every where, no new infrastructural development, the city is completely death. Stop boasting about rubbish, even the so called University of Calabar is dominated by Akwa Ibomites and igbos with just few percent of Northern Cross Riverians, while your Efik brothers lazy around daily adding absolutely nothing to the economy of the state.

Cross river is dead and buried, only God can help the state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Flyingngel(m): 9:51am On Mar 04, 2020
Beachside post:

Some people think because they got a new artificial state a few days ago,they are different from Calabar and can do what they like. Such behavior is why the akwacross people are not united and considered weak and docile. If Oron ,Eket or annag get a new Mangrove and Itai states ,they too would follow the same path of more division . what sense does that make ?
Efik Calabar is the standard and official language.I think it should be compulsory in all cross river and akwa ibom schools. Efficient assimilation and propagation methods would go a long way.
There's record of Calabar kingship (Obong of Calabar) up to 850 years ago. All progressive ethnic nations on earth like Japan,Tswana land(Botswana),Netherlands,South Korea,etc. unite and accept the standard methods , only fools who got new state a few days ago are rebellious and chose the path of foolishness because they have large population. That's why akwacross people are viewed as weak and docile.

If you people want to be weak and docile , who are we to stop you?
So because the Oblong of Calabar govern for 850 years then Aka Ibomite shld accept Efik when that is not what they are speaking
Why don't you speak Igbo and allow them to equate Calabar as a Biafran state bearing in mind that we were under Eastern state before.
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by kponkedenge(m): 9:52am On Mar 04, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:

Till tomorrow Hausa pple r still better than Igbo pple. In my place if u give an Igbo man a place he'll device ways to throw u out. They always have this mindset of being better than every other person, even their host community. We can't risk sharing a country with thm. When I remember what my grand dad told us about what Igbo pple use to do to our pple during the civil war I just laugh the coward's decision to put us in his Biafran map. We can never be part of u. If I may ask, what's ur take on Imo state house rejecting cars from Inoson motors?

Yeah my grandfather told me something so it is automatically true. And yes, my tribe, we are saints, we love everyone... In fact we are the most peaceful tribe in Nigeria.
If you love the Hausas so much, why can't you move to Borno or Yobe state to experience their love.
Most of you just come online, hide behind your keyboard and type rubbish.

As for why Innoson motors was rejected by Imo State House.... It has everything to do with corruption and nothing about tribe. The house knows that they can easily siphon money if they ship in cars from abroad than buying from home because they can easily inflate the price in the disguise of shipping.....of course you should already know this if you wise enough.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

If Buhari Negotiates With NDA We Will Have Another Civil War: Dr Junaid Mohammed / Buhari Received Obasanjo’s Kiss Of Death / EndSARS: Resign Now!, Protesting Ondo Youths Slam Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.