Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,586 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement (30233 Views)

Justice Mohammed Dattijo Bows Out From Supreme Court / Odinkalu: Don't Expect Magic From Supreme Court, You Must Produce BVAS Machines / Imo: Justice Nweze Disagreed With The Lead Verdict & Gave A Dissenting Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by opalu: 6:21pm On Mar 04, 2020
Ok
Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by TRUSTEDGUY: 6:24pm On Mar 04, 2020
Wonders shall never end! That means there were 159,340 votes in excess of the total number of accredited votes. “In the circumstance, I think that the humble view, that this court has inherent jurisdiction of redeeming its image by setting aside the said judgement, is not out of place.”
[b][/b]

And the INEC still dey for office.

Despite the million he use to conduct elections creditable election is still elusive in Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by Sammy07: 6:26pm On Mar 04, 2020
TRUSTEDGUY:
Wonders shall never end! That means there were 159,340 votes in excess of the total number of accredited votes. “In the circumstance, I think that the humble view, that this court has inherent jurisdiction of redeeming its image by setting aside the said judgement, is not out of place.”
[b][/b]

Despite the million he use to conduct elections creditable election is still elusive in Nigeria.

This particular No. 7 got me thinking..

2 Likes

Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by Organs(m): 6:28pm On Mar 04, 2020
Iyiataata92:
Jeezz!!! No 5 to 10 really got me. How can Hope be declared winner of an election he said was invalid?

If he said elections didnt hold in some parts of the sate and some were cancelled, why then would the court award him all the imagined votes? Was he the only candidate in the election?

Is it right for the court, in trying to protect it supremacy and infallability turn down a brazenly miscarriage of justice?
We all know the truth and the truth is that there should have been a fresh election!!!

The case before the supreme court was that Uzodinma's votes were not included. He had evidence of INEC RO's signatures, eye witnesses etc. Now, yes those figures were most probably inflated, but that was not the case. Ihedioha should've sued that figures were inflated but with PROOF and not ordinary saying it with their mouth. Their problem is laziness and impunity while APC did their homework well and convinced the court with evidences.

5 Likes

Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by Iyiataata92: 6:28pm On Mar 04, 2020
hisexcellency34:
When a Supreme Court justice shouted "Wonders shall never end", it means Nigeria is a sorry case
Oh My God!!!! This one really hit me hard!!!!. Real hard!!!

2 Likes

Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by Ruggedpen: 6:29pm On Mar 04, 2020
Iyiataata92:
Jeezz!!! No 5 to 10 really got me. How can Hope be declared winner of an election he said was invalid?

If he said elections didnt hold in some parts of the sate and some were cancelled, why then would the court award him all the imagined votes? Was he the only candidate in the election?

Is it right for the court, in trying to protect it supremacy and infallability turn down a brazenly miscarriage of justice?
We all know the truth and the truth is that there should have been a fresh election!!!
Do you expect justice when the chief justice enter through injustice, when a man whom we called a man of integrity promise to declear his Asset public turn around to hide it from public and sack a man that declear his own, even zombie in this platform accused him of having more 500 buildings in choice area. God will judge us all

3 Likes

Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by Halo22: 6:30pm On Mar 04, 2020
What else did you expect when a man that could not explain what the technicality of the law portends was at the helm of the ruling. The last hope of the common man is lost.

1 Like

Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by Iyiataata92: 6:30pm On Mar 04, 2020
Organs:

The case before the supreme court was that Uzodinma's votes were not included. He had evidence of INEC RO's signatures, eye witnesses etc. Now, yes those figures were most probably inflated, but that was not the case. Ihedioha should've sued that figures were inflated but with PROOF and not ordinary saying it with their mouth. Their problem is laziness and impunity while APC did their homework well and convinced the court with evidences.
What proof did Uzodimma provide to show that the cancelled votes were his?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by blueAgent(m): 6:40pm On Mar 04, 2020
englishmart:
The only independent arm of government in Nigeria is the executive arm. Any other arm or leg is useless

True.
Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by northvietnam(m): 6:41pm On Mar 04, 2020
I want to know if the case was adjourned again or has it been sealed forever for Hope
Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by senatordave1(m): 6:47pm On Mar 04, 2020
fergie001:
Wonders shall never end.

Justice Chima Centus Nweze, JSC.......PhD, LLM, LLB

birikwa
Na wa 4 u.the judge did not say so,it was from the pdp blogger.only the statements in quotes belong to him

1 Like

Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by HacheNoire: 6:48pm On Mar 04, 2020
Ihedioha should go and rest please.

He should start fish farming or Pigery with his loots as he will never be the Governor of Imo state again.
Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by HacheNoire: 6:49pm On Mar 04, 2020
Iyiataata92:

Abortion before pregnancy.
Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by HacheNoire: 6:50pm On Mar 04, 2020
northvietnam:
I want to know if the case was adjourned again or has it been sealed forever for Hope

Sealed forever.
Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by HacheNoire: 6:51pm On Mar 04, 2020
TRUSTEDGUY:
[b][/b]

But Bayelsa was credible shey?

1 Like

Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by northvietnam(m): 6:51pm On Mar 04, 2020
HacheNoire:

Sealed forever.

Damn .... power pass power Ooooooo
Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by fergie001: 6:52pm On Mar 04, 2020
senatordave1:

Na wa 4 u.the judge did not say so,it was from the pdp blogger.only the statements in quotes belong to him
And the allegations no reach to shout wonders shall never end?
Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by HacheNoire: 6:52pm On Mar 04, 2020
hisexcellency34:
When a Supreme Court justice shouted "Wonders shall never end", it means Nigeria is a sorry case

Shows you how half baked, crude and unprofessional he is.

Such justice attained position by luck, pity or connection.

1 Like

Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by fergie001: 6:53pm On Mar 04, 2020
northvietnam:
Over-sealed..
Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by TRUSTEDGUY: 6:53pm On Mar 04, 2020
HacheNoire:

But Bayelsa was credible shey?

I wouldn't know I'm not in Bayelsa but the one I observe is far from credible
Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by Organs(m): 6:53pm On Mar 04, 2020
Iyiataata92:

What proof did Uzodimma provide to show that the cancelled votes were his?

INEC Results, signed, showing APC votes collated. Again, we all know they were inflatted just like they all do PDP and APC, however, the case was not about the integrity of INEC results. The case was that 1. Elections held in those polling units, people actually voted and INEC returning officers signed off on the ballot papers making them valid. They had the results, the reports and police and eye witness accounts that testified in court. PDP's Ihedioha went to court with absolutely NOTHING. Just verbal statements that results were cooked. Now if you are a Judge what will you do? All this is good for us as a country. PDP, did not even bother preparing, they ignorantly, stupidly and in Nigerian charactersistics ways of doing things, payed no attention to the court case and did not even prepare counter evidence Too much impunity, Ntoor #1. In Bayelsa, Lyon knew this guy (his deputy) forged certificate, but he still used him, thinking he can get away with it, impunity, now he lost out, Ntoor#2. In Lagos State, that mumu lecturer instead of him to plead for leniency, arrogantly said the 18 year old girl came onto him and wanted to sleep with him. He got years in jail, impunity, Ntoor#3. Olisah Metuh, was arrogantly going to court in stretchers, he claimed he did nothing wrong. He was even boasting and renting crowds, impunity, Ntoor#4 and then the lady that stabbed her husband, Biliaminu, instead of cl;aiming manslaughter, claimed he died tripping on a sisha bottle, she was going to court with her baby, doing stupid dramas and wasting peoples time because she thought she could get away with it, she was sentenced, ntoor #5. I did not support Buhari in 2019, we need someone better and more sound. He is incompetent and not in control, however, he had very little, i repeat, very little good points and we are better off than GEJ's PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by HacheNoire: 6:55pm On Mar 04, 2020
northvietnam:

Damn .... power pass power Ooooooo

That's the fun of democracy.

Can't you see the American judiciary is also in Trump's pocket?

That's the part of democracy they never reveal it to you. In any Nation, the judiciary is always in the pocket of the ruling party. Why they be one of the first positions to be swapped.

Ihedioha should just go into farming. His chances and time has elapsed. Was busy witch hunting when he was suppose to be strategizing.

1 Like

Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by HacheNoire: 6:55pm On Mar 04, 2020
TRUSTEDGUY:

I wouldn't know I'm not in Bayelsa but the one I observe is far from credible

I knew you won't know

1 Like

Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by olajizz01(m): 6:55pm On Mar 04, 2020
Cocolatti:
The Supreme Court under Buhari has been bastardised, corrupted and compromised. The supreme courts Infallibility is death and buried. You can't claim to be infallible when you are now being used to commit injustice
Yes, I couldn't agreed less, supreme court has gone to dog under this regime,that why they declared votes of Bayelsans null and void and give power to your guys whose the electorates didn't vote for,that decision was the most useless decision have ever seen,no regard for Bayelsans decision.

2 Likes

Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by TRUSTEDGUY: 7:00pm On Mar 04, 2020
HacheNoire:

I knew you won't know

So why ask?
Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by HacheNoire: 7:01pm On Mar 04, 2020
Organs:

God bless your mother!

Don't mind all this quack lawyers on Nairaland.

Their lots Atiku and Ihedioha used

1 Like

Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by HacheNoire: 7:01pm On Mar 04, 2020
TRUSTEDGUY:

So why ask?

For record purpose. That you knew about Imo but did not know about Bayelsa.

Strange.
Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by sapientia(m): 7:02pm On Mar 04, 2020
Supreme court gone
Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by HacheNoire: 7:03pm On Mar 04, 2020
IpobAntidote:
TRASH!!!

Inconsequential and irrelevant. Judgment is FINAL.

Tell them again please.

They are still wailing.

Maybe they will appeal the case with Hague grin

2 Likes

Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by HacheNoire: 7:07pm On Mar 04, 2020
sapientia:
Supreme court gone

Your personal opinion.

It's a competent court of law in my opinion.

So everyone has a right to his or hers.

1 Like

Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by HacheNoire: 7:08pm On Mar 04, 2020
Cocolatti:
The Supreme Court under Buhari has been bastardised, corrupted and compromised. The supreme courts Infallibility is death and buried. You can't claim to be infallible when you are now being used to commit injustice

Story.

It won't change anything.

1 Like

Re: Imo: 10 Quotes From Supreme Court’s Dissenting Judgement by Kingspin(m): 7:09pm On Mar 04, 2020
Aboki will do everything to destroy himself and the country from the judiciary to FGovernment

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TUC: Comparing Nigeria With Saudi Arabia Ridiculous / Lai Mohammed: My Orderly Tells Me Happenings In Nigeria / Ganduje Sacks Salihu Tanko Yakasai Over "Unguarded Comments"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.