Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video (43565 Views)

Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Spending Plan: $1.25bn For Abuja Rail, $500m For NTA / APC, PDP Governors, Others Congratulate Ahmed Lawan On His Victory (photos) / Aregbesola Shades Amosun At APC Rally, Angry Amosun Reports Him To Buhari (video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Nobody: 5:46am On Mar 06, 2020
Nigeria is a huge joke.

The earlier we use measuring tape to measure the land mass and divide it into two or three plots, the better for us all.

Nothing good can come out if we continue like this.

5 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Solsix(m): 7:34am On Mar 06, 2020
FARA4GA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Olf1amJw0

Contrary to the belief that the approval of the $22.7b loan was a smooth sail on the floor, this video shows that there was tension on the floor of the Senate on Thursday following the insistence of the opposition senators to know details of the $22.7bn foreign loan request from the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

The Minority Leader, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, drew the attention of the Senate to the anomaly and requested the President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, to allow a clause by clause consideration of the loan request.

His suggestion was turned down by Lawan who said the report of the panel should not be subjected to debate, based on the rules of the Senate.

Obviously uncomfortable with the position of Lawan, Abaribe warned the presiding officer that going ahead to hoodwink the Senate into passing the multi-billion dollar loan request without the details would spell doom for the country.

The matter degenerated into a serious tension with the senators viewing the development along partisan lines.

Watch the video to see as the drama unfolds.
This is not necessary

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:43am On Mar 06, 2020
If Northerners don't turn us all to beggars, just like them,
I would eat my shoes

2 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Maxymilliano(m): 7:46am On Mar 06, 2020
He who goes aborrowing; goes assorrowing.

This is the future of Nigeria. Buhari is sinking this country and he's doing a good job in achieving his aim.

8 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by DModeCntStopMe: 8:31am On Mar 06, 2020
shocked

Fearless Igbo man

Fearless man! The only man with guts in the entire senate.

May God bless you for opposing what is wrong, standing with the average Nigerian and speaking against evil even when your colleagues all kept mute like zombies because of fear of the jihadist

May you live long

Modified:

This sent shivers down my spine after watching the video. Just check out the weak responses the fat fool, Lawal, was giving, he couldn't courageously call the Islamic bank. I'm really ashamed and tired, why hide the contents of the loan if you don't have an ace up your sleeve.

Nigeria and Nigerians are not worth dying for, Mr Abaribe, you have sincerely and courageously done your bits, Nigeria is not worth the stress. We are not yet ready for change.

The same uncultured souls you fight for, will still call you names because of tribe and religion. Nigerian situation has no remedy, I advice sir, you face your family and continue being a good man you are and stop fighting and putting your life on the line for people who don't even know the essence of their existence.

Once again Sir! May God bless you.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by SoNature(m): 8:32am On Mar 06, 2020
Senator Abaribe is fighting for Nigeria, but some stupid idiots don't know that

8 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 06, 2020
I just hope nobody in this world agrees to give this loan to Nigeria. This is because politicians are just going to embezzled it

Can't a Senate President be impeached, it seems this person will be a serious problem to Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by NairaMaster1(m): 8:36am On Mar 06, 2020
This is why they essed Dino out

7 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by donprinyo(m): 8:37am On Mar 06, 2020
Y'all are on your own. God ain't saving nobody

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by imolile: 8:37am On Mar 06, 2020
Abaribe has become a hero among these fraudsters and Northerner Nepotist, They pass a Bill to allow a thief to borrow money from Outside of Nigeria to further put the economy of the country in Disaster
Because they are Idiotic rubber stamps to the Illiterate in Aso Rock who is here to destroy the country

11 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by sapientia(m): 8:38am On Mar 06, 2020
Three arms of government in Nigeria.

President Kyari

VP Daura

APC

2 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
Tomide007:

Tah...from what I see in this country they're all the same. If it was his government that is in power, you won't hear him. That's the same way APC was shouting as if they meant well for Nigeria...now PDP has ruled, APC is ruling , and Nigeria is still in deep waters.
That said, you should note that if this loan is not well used, Nigeria is in deep shit because we can't sustain the debt....by the way, experts say that less than half is needed to start and complete those project , and guess what, the money is just to complete projects from where they stopped. What it means is that we'll be borrowing to fund massive corruption.
[/s]

All this based on one word.... 'if'

Come back when you see anyone point a bad finger with certainty at Abribe

4 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by SoNature(m): 8:41am On Mar 06, 2020
Magicians:
How many bad people are governing the rotten n condemned shithole state of Abia Abaribe came from that he can't fight them but would rather fight for tribes in Nigeria his own tribe love to hate ?! Many of you Igbos speak out of plain foolishness n gross stupidity thinking that your foolishness bigotry n stupid is not noticeable.

Keep quiet, iti mpataka

Roles are defined

Abaribe is a federal senator not a state legislator

The state House of assembly members hold the state governors accountable

Always justifying stupidity

Olodo

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by wezzymoney: 8:41am On Mar 06, 2020
I hope we all see the work saraki in the house for now, imagine those people refuse to do all shit they brought to them

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Bizibi(m): 8:42am On Mar 06, 2020
Magicians:
How many bad people are governing the rotten n condemned shithole state of Abia Abaribe came from that he can't fight them but would rather fight for tribes in Nigeria his own tribe love to hate ?! Many of you Igbos speak out of plain foolishness n gross stupidity thinking that your foolishness bigotry n stupid is not noticeable.

smh.....I am not Igbo but this comment makes no sense to me,we are talking about a huge loan request the Senate granted without debating on it,the rest senators don't even know the content and you are here talking about abia state. *Sigh*

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by emkz: 8:42am On Mar 06, 2020
Eyinnaya Abaribe shall be remembered for this and his stance on other issues. Better stand alone and stand right than run with the crowd and and lose yourself.

So Lawan wants the assembly to pass a loan without them debating the details? Lawan, you clearly lack charisma for the position you are holding. Abaribe is talking about details of a loan to be examined, you are saying he did not intimate you on what he wanted to say and talking about partisanship. I don't remember a poor senate president like this. Igbos, you have your leader in Abaribe in a regional Nigeria.

If we are politically conscious, by now, civil society groups would have led a protest to the national assembly. NANS, ASUU, SSANNU, PENGASSAN, NLC, even PDP.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by adecz: 8:43am On Mar 06, 2020
angry

Buhari is be stashing our
money in Saudi Arabia to be later
used for the Muslim north in the
event of a breakup.

That is also why Boko haram & bandits are
been well treated, because they will
form the experienced nucleus of a
northern army .

If una no know now,
una go know las, las angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by crackhouse(m): 8:43am On Mar 06, 2020
Tomide007:

Tah...from what I see in this country they're all the same. If it was his government that is in power, you won't hear him. That's the same way APC was shouting as if they meant well for Nigeria...now PDP has ruled, APC is ruling , and Nigeria is still in deep waters.
That said, you should note that if this loan is not well used, Nigeria is in deep shit because we can't sustain the debt....by the way, experts say that less than half is needed to start and complete those project , and guess what, the money is just to complete projects from where they stopped. What it means is that we'll be borrowing to fund massive corruption.
pdp cannot and didn't collect this kind of loans during their time so what you are saying should not arise...
APC is spearheaded by a group of senseless people. And far as i know that man there is not Buhari. The real Buhari I know won't be requesting for this kind of loans.

10 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Cantonese: 8:43am On Mar 06, 2020
Tomide007:

Can u read and write, did I support the borrowing. U guys need to stop being emotional about politics and use intellect to gauge things...stop being petty, is it because I abused abaribe who's governor is one of the worst in the country yet he can't say a word against him, or I abused buhari cose he's not different from the useless leaders we've had since 1999...and that it will affect me, you're definitely joking....kindly go back to school if you have issues with English... I mean well, not abusing you....let's be guided please.

But why do people talk about Nigeria from 1999 only? Was there no country or leadership before 1999? Did Nigeria become an independent nation in 1999?
Let's be very realistic when we talk about issues in this country. Let's always look at leadership and developments since 1960.
Cheers.

6 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by KusherAbel: 8:44am On Mar 06, 2020
Waking up in the morning to read Nigerian politics is a wee bit depressing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by dumodust(m): 8:44am On Mar 06, 2020
Fatnecked rubber stamp stooges... See him acting like he is confused about what abaribe is talking about.
What are they hiding?
The corruption in this regime is so so bad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Philinho(m): 8:45am On Mar 06, 2020
The worst senate president ever...Rubber stamp senator p. We shall all pay for this folly

2 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by ikennamadu1(m): 8:45am On Mar 06, 2020
Tomide007:

Seems you don't know abaribe... Go watch his previous tapes... Yu are blind

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Afamed: 8:45am On Mar 06, 2020
The ticket racketer/ hypocrite Abaribe was no where to be seen during the borrowing years of PDP even when the crude oil price was at its peak.

Abaribe can continue to deceive his gullible followers. His years as deputy governor in Abia has still been under investigation till tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Mozegee: 8:46am On Mar 06, 2020
Abaribe, God will continue to bless u.How can a stooge Senate president approve such amount,without they citizens knowing what the money is for. Heaven will not forgive bihari and his cabal.keep on mortgaging this country. The type of corruption that is going on this regime have supersede the entire 16 yrs of pdp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Lawmak: 8:46am On Mar 06, 2020
valenu:
After watching this video, I conclude that few good persons can not fight numerous bad people. May God bless senator Abaribe. At this point if I were him, I would join the bad people and let us all suffer the consequences.

Rubbish
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Nackzy: 8:46am On Mar 06, 2020
Ahmad Lawan is indeed a Waste

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by udemzyudex(m): 8:48am On Mar 06, 2020
Tomide007:

That's why we have opposition ,use your head.

5 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by OnyesomJ(m): 8:49am On Mar 06, 2020
May God Disgrace those that want to suck this Country Dry....

After Spending such Amount who Pay it ?!

The coming Future President Abi!!!?

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Bizibi(m): 8:49am On Mar 06, 2020
Afamed:
The ticket racketer/ hypocrite Abaribe was no where to be seen during the borrowing years of PDP even when the crude oil price was at its peak.

Abaribe can continue to deceive his gullible followers. His years as deputy governor in Abia has still been under investigation till tomorrow
smh.....now how does this relate to the main issue,*sigh* sycophants and their ways.

4 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by orisa37: 8:49am On Mar 06, 2020
LAWAN IS INCOMPETENT TO LEAD THE SENATE. ABARIBE WANTS THE DETAILS OF WHAT THE LOANS WILL BE EXPENDED UPON AND HE IS RIGHT. THE PART OF THE LOAN THAT HAS TO DO WITH ISLAMIC BANK SHOULD BE EXPUNGED IMMEDIATELY NOW PLEASE.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

El-Rufai & Yahaya Bello Storm Ekiti To Support Fayemi Ahead Of Election / Buhari, Jimi Benson In Early Lead In Ikorodu - PM News / BREAKING!!! Miyetti Allah Announces Closure Of Livestock Markets In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.