Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,581 members, 7,816,431 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video (43572 Views)

Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Spending Plan: $1.25bn For Abuja Rail, $500m For NTA / APC, PDP Governors, Others Congratulate Ahmed Lawan On His Victory (photos) / Aregbesola Shades Amosun At APC Rally, Angry Amosun Reports Him To Buhari (video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 06, 2020
Agugbadin:

Lawan is disgrace to the black race and to the world. How can a Senate President mortgage the future of unborn Nigerians. A president asking for a loan of 22.7billion dollars without details of what the money is to be used for and the rubber stamp senate president approved it

Are you sure of this? If I showed you "details" will you, without equivocation, accept you are the disgrace to the black race and an embodiment of the saying "if you wish to hide something from the black man keep it inside a book" ?I don't know how worthless you guys assume Nigeria to be for you to assume Buhari can just ask for a loan without a breakdown of how such is to be used when that was not even done under the worst unelected dictators we have had as head of State in the past.

The problem is that many of you are far, far worse than the leaders you criticise. You are ignorant and ill-formed and you display your ignorance with pride. You are therefore worthless in the synergy of effort between leaders and followers that can produce driven and focused leadership to the benefit of the people.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Bragalane: 11:03am On Mar 06, 2020
Only those with sensible contribution to the platform deserves that not those with contributions as foolish as yours.
SoNature:

I even thought I received a sensible mention

Mtchewwww
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 06, 2020
Tomide007:

Can u read and write, did I support the borrowing. U guys need to stop being emotional about politics and use intellect to gauge things...stop being petty, is it because I abused abaribe who's governor is one of the worst in the country yet he can't say a word against him, or I abused buhari cose he's not different from the useless leaders we've had since 1999...and that it will affect me, you're definitely joking....kindly go back to school if you have issues with English... I mean well, not abusing you....let's be guided please.
Don't mind them jor. A lot of people whining are ignorant and they won't even know the truth when it hits them in the face. Sentiments won't allow us have a very constructive argument I have basically given up trying to explain or argue with equivocal facts . Twitter is even the worst . What drives them is just their hatred for the Government of the day nothing else you say will matter they will just label you as a Buhari lover grin. It's exhausting.
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by APCNig: 11:07am On Mar 06, 2020
Captainrambo2:
Lawan is a disgrace. See this man o undecided

What about your parents? What are they?
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Captainrambo2: 11:26am On Mar 06, 2020
APCNig:

What about your parents? What are they?
speak about your parents. They gave birth to a zombie

2 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Alfredah01: 11:28am On Mar 06, 2020
Tomide007:

Can u read and write, did I support the borrowing. U guys need to stop being emotional about politics and use intellect to gauge things...stop being petty, is it because I abused abaribe who's governor is one of the worst in the country yet he can't say a word against him, or I abused buhari cose he's not different from the useless leaders we've had since 1999...and that it will affect me, you're definitely joking....kindly go back to school if you have issues with English... I mean well, not abusing you....let's be guided please.

To me you spoke well and mean good to this country... but when he didn’t speak up the news won’t be on page and u won’t comment about it here, so let’s encourage the person that speaks truth forget about his past, govt shouldn’t be tit for tat las las nah we go suffer it not even Abaribe or those so called senators seating there the people is the govt and we are the govt so let’s speak in unity, APC/PDP are same but if we see one person speaking the truth let’s encourage them
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by DNSPro: 11:32am On Mar 06, 2020
valenu:

Most times I don't even like commenting on this faceless forum because the majority of Nigerians think they are wise and know it all while they are not. The hate is just much for one another here but while hating can not put money on my table, I would never hate. Hence, you are right in your own opinion.
In my own opinion, I'm not talking about tribe or language. I'm talking about how difficult it is to correct wrongs by to many people. Whether Abaribe is Hausa or Yoruba or igbo, it does not affect my thumbs up for him for not shutting his mouth like every other senator there. He seems to be the only one not afraid of opposing the FG for all these money issues. By the time tax is increased to 10 percent or more, you will understand that this is not about tribe or party.
But having known that the majority of Nigerians prefer hard life, I would prepare my mind for it so when it eventually comes, I won't be surprised. Thank you for quoting and insulting, it won't stop me from getting my daily bread.
Do not argue with people who are paid to be stupid. I am sure he thought he won't be affected.

ordinary electricity bill on my prepaid meter that used to last 3 months now last just 1 month in same house hold where I have not increased my appliances, neither do I use heavy ones in my house.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by EtuBakore1: 11:39am On Mar 06, 2020
FARA4GA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Olf1amJw0

Contrary to the belief that the approval of the $22.7b loan was a smooth sail on the floor, this video shows that there was tension on the floor of the Senate on Thursday following the insistence of the opposition senators to know details of the $22.7bn foreign loan request from the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

The Minority Leader, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, drew the attention of the Senate to the anomaly and requested the President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, to allow a clause by clause consideration of the loan request.

His suggestion was turned down by Lawan who said the report of the panel should not be subjected to debate, based on the rules of the Senate.

Obviously uncomfortable with the position of Lawan, Abaribe warned the presiding officer that going ahead to hoodwink the Senate into passing the multi-billion dollar loan request without the details would spell doom for the country.

The matter degenerated into a serious tension with the senators viewing the development along partisan lines.

Watch the video to see as the drama unfolds.

It is just too funny.
What a country?
These are the people that when they want to screen you they will tell you to give details on what you are going to do if the job is given to you, but don't want to know about the details on what they want to do with the money that they President is wanting to borrow.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 06, 2020
Approving is one. Who will give them is two. You guys already know that with corona virus, china is cutting back on world expansion and channeling their resources home. Imf and world bank will not lend them the money as they prefer to deal directly with the service companies if the loans are for infrastructure. So pray tell me , where are they going to get the money from?
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by inyenejo(m): 11:46am On Mar 06, 2020
It took Nigeria more than 30yrs to recover Abacha loots, it will take Nigeria more than 250yrs to recover buharigg and apcshit loots mark my word, this is by far the most corrupt regime in Nigeria since its creation, Nigeria must apologise to Abacha and his family because we have finally seen the most corrupt government ever....tufiakwa!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by udemzyudex(m): 11:47am On Mar 06, 2020
Tomide007:

Ur message is actually funny. U need to have an understanding of my message before replying...its funny that in this 21st century, clout chasers can be deceiving. A man soo vocal against opposition, but is not concerned about what goes on in his constituency is s clout chaser. Be more open to intellectual discussion without putting emotions....if the house is headed by PDP, u won't hear anything from his mouth....

You're ranting
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by DSoj(m): 11:47am On Mar 06, 2020
Abaribe is a Nuisance in the senate
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by BluntBoy(m): 12:04pm On Mar 06, 2020
valenu:
After watching this video, I conclude that few good persons can not fight numerous bad people. May God bless senator Abaribe. At this point if I were him, I would join the bad people and let us all suffer the consequences.

They are all the same.

What you have just watched is what they call politics

It is what obtains everywhere in the world. Even in America, the Democrats and Republicans are always at loggerheads not necessarily because they give a damn about the average American but because they just can't bring themselves to support one another for the good of all.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by SirBunky85(m): 12:10pm On Mar 06, 2020
valenu:
After watching this video, I conclude that few good persons can not fight numerous bad people. May God bless senator Abaribe. At this point if I were him, I would join the bad people and let us all suffer the consequences.
nonsense.fyi,abaribe is one of the greatest hypocrites I've come to realize.he keeps attacking pmb and always claims to be accountable while he turns a blind eye to Wat his brother is doing in Abia state.how many times has he spoken against the huge amount of money being borrowed by the ikpeazu led govt in Abia?what's evn his own scorecard in Abia south senatorial district?he can keep hoodwinking his gullible followers,not me.
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by kingslj: 12:19pm On Mar 06, 2020
since he did not speak when PDP was in power , he cant speak now.
This make sense to you right?

you are just saying we should all die because we didnt ask for cure earlier.
did you comprehend the senator arguement at all?

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by kingslj: 12:28pm On Mar 06, 2020
Afamed:
The ticket racketer/ hypocrite Abaribe was no where to be seen during the borrowing years of PDP even when the crude oil price was at its peak.

Abaribe can continue to deceive his gullible followers. His years as deputy governor in Abia has still been under investigation till tomorrow

we are tallking about pressing national issues, you are talking about a state that has a sitting governor and house of assembely .

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by kingslj: 12:30pm On Mar 06, 2020
kingslj:

we are tallking about pressing national issues, you are talking about a state that has a sitting governor and house of assembely .
do we go back to those now? or make amend to what is right?

if your dad was a failure those that make you thread in failure?

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 06, 2020
Oshigun:

Are you sure of this? If I showed you "details" will you, without equivocation, accept you are the disgrace to the black race and an embodiment of the saying "if you wish to hide something from the black man keep it inside a book" ?I don't know how worthless you guys assume Nigeria to be for you to assume Buhari can just ask for a loan without a breakdown of how such is to be used when that was not even done under the worst unelected dictators we have had as head of State in the past.

The problem is that many of you are far, far worse than the leaders you criticise. You are ignorant and ill-formed and you display your ignorance with pride. You are therefore worthless in the synergy of effort between leaders and followers that can produce driven and focused leadership to the benefit of the people.

Before you criticize the person who expressed his opinion, give us the breakdown of the loan, the rate of return on its investment and the estimated payback period, and how it would be paid back. Nigeria has never had the ability to pay any loan back apart from debt servicing. Obj is not coming to power again and oil price can never appreciate beyond threshold again. The skyrocketed oil price witnessed under Jonathan was partly looted and the Senate is ready for lobbying to approve anything.

Attach the comprehensive breakdown of the loan here and on LinkedIn, let us analyze it
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Reelnah: 1:02pm On Mar 06, 2020
Please ooo how about 2billion car loan for Bayelsa governor....
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 06, 2020
FARA4GA:

Contrary to the belief that the approval of the $22.7b loan was a smooth sail on the floor, this video shows that there was tension on the floor of the Senate on Thursday following the insistence of the opposition senators to know details of the $22.7bn foreign loan request from the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

The Minority Leader, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, drew the attention of the Senate to the anomaly and requested the President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, to allow a clause by clause consideration of the loan request.

His suggestion was turned down by Lawan who said the report of the panel should not be subjected to debate, based on the rules of the Senate.

Obviously uncomfortable with the position of Lawan, Abaribe warned the presiding officer that going ahead to hoodwink the Senate into passing the multi-billion dollar loan request without the details would spell doom for the country.

The matter degenerated into a serious tension with the senators viewing the development along partisan lines.

Fugly, greedy Lawan is a category-one enemy of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by akadaone: 1:14pm On Mar 06, 2020
is a pity that Buhari wants to trade with the future of our unborn generation. after sometime now, there would be agitation to increase tax to settle all this loan. meanwhile Buhari would not even be alive to witness all this hardship
FARA4GA:

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 06, 2020
Oshigun:

even if he broke it down, of what use is a breakdown with line items like half a billion dollars allocated to 'digitalisation of nta', a moribund govt agency with zero content, zero subscribers and zero plan of repayment.

the problem with people like you is that you place what you will eat today ahead of the present and future wellbeing of 200 million other people. it's just a shame.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by bigpicture001: 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2020
klax:
I always feel pity for this man he is a very honest man and doing all he ciuld to fight this demon called Buhari and his party not to annihilated Nigeria cimpletely.

Pls who is this buhari in Aso Rock? Why did Gej allowed the registration of apc as a party its a mystery Gej wiuld have safe us all these destruction if he had refused the registration of satanic party.

You will still vote for them if given 5k......
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by 1stNumeroUno: 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2020
If any Senator or his allies see the thread, they will just be laughing, because this is a confirmation that they're in 'safe haven'.
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by umykal: 1:38pm On Mar 06, 2020
FARA4GA:

The matter degenerated into a serious tension with thtors viewing the development along partisan lines.

Senator Abiribe is really doing well in the present Senate. How does the senate president and Buhari expect the senators to approve the loan without knowing what the money will be used for?

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by babadem2much(m): 1:48pm On Mar 06, 2020
This is one senator I liked, though they term him controversial, am from the North my people will say all kind of things against him but he speaks the truth no matter how it is, you can't just give approval of this huge sum of monies as loan without detail explanation on how its gonna be spent

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Bizibi(m): 1:50pm On Mar 06, 2020
Oshigun:

Sorry to burst your self-delusion but you are the empty drum and not others. I don't know how rich you people imagine Nigeria is and if you are at all aware of the sort of money required to even facilitate moderate development of our nation after decades of military and PDP misrule. If good governance had always consolidated upon the work of previous good leadership then we would not be where we are today.

Needing to refurbish intra-State rail network , that was built well in the first place, is a hell of a lot cheaper than having to begin from scratch because such never existed to begin with in virtually all States of Nigeria !!!! Virtually everything has to be developed from scratch because of lack of investments in vital socio-economic sector over decades !!!!

You guys don't get these sort of simple concepts because you are about politics of tribalism, hate and enmity. When your people are not in government you just criticism the current Government blindly and without any objectivity whatsoever. Look below to gain perspective over real figures so you can appreciate your own mumuism before rushing to insult others.

To even reinstate what is available to an acceptable standard, to begin the move towards optimal power supply, $10 billion is needed. If the Government propose borrowing this amount, a drop in the ocean considering the total needed over three decades, mumus like you will shout. You then wonder why we remain in darkness when the simple reality is that several truckloads of money, that Nigeria does not have and cant make, is now required to reverse decades of decay and poor investment in all critical sectors. Educate yourself so you don't let ignorance turn you into a nuisance to yourself and your nation.

https://guardian.ng/energy/nigeria-needs-900-billion-to-fix-energy-sector-in-30-years/

smh.....another one as usual,nothing different.

Next year,you people will come with another line to defend a complete daft in power.blind people.i hope you have seen the breakdown with the 500m for nta. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Bizibi(m): 2:07pm On Mar 06, 2020
Bragalane:
So in your deluded foolishness, a lunatic that watched helplessly how the wealth of Abia is rotten n condemned state was plundered for over 20 years with a single word should be the one spearheading the revival of a Nigeria state from those that have spoken up about the ill of the country n they try they best to Kickstart thing to work in the country ?

Sir, this your comment shows clearly foolish n bigotry needs to be beaten of your soul for you brain to function at all.

It is not only Igbo that are foolish in Nigeria so no surprises from your comment beside most Igbos start their lies with "I am. Not Igbo".

Oh, so role are now defined according to your damaged igbotic medulla ?! What then is Kanu's role in the Nigeria polity?

All this because the poor guy said Abaribe is unable to say a single word to help his own state that is rotten n now a complete shithole. Pls call Abaribe to save Abia before removing the log in another eye.

With the low level Abia as digenerated no single soul should be allowed to open his or her mouth on National issue. Are you saying Abaribe is unable to speak out about the kerosene sharing Ikpeazu or the rotten n condemned state Abia as degenerated.

another empty drum.....

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by OluwaDamilola01: 2:44pm On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
Afamed:

Abaribe is full of eyes services. He didn't raise this kind of objection during the years of PDP. He can continue to impress his gullible followers
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Amudeneogu: 3:00pm On Mar 06, 2020
THERE WAS COUNTRY.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Fountainofyouth(f): 3:14pm On Mar 06, 2020
DominusPrime:

God bless you for your previous post which the intellectually challenged boy could not understand and for this explanation which I hope he can comprehend. All these parties and politicians are the same...

But you were once supporting PDP, what happened? Nonsense fvckboy.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Achievements, Awards And Education (Photos) / Throwback Photo Of Governor Fayose And Fayemi… When The Going Was Good! / Umahi's Defection: Primate Ayodele Reveals Political Future Of Ebonyi Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.