Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,492 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video (43575 Views)

Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Spending Plan: $1.25bn For Abuja Rail, $500m For NTA / APC, PDP Governors, Others Congratulate Ahmed Lawan On His Victory (photos) / Aregbesola Shades Amosun At APC Rally, Angry Amosun Reports Him To Buhari (video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by 2Odds101(f): 9:05am On Mar 06, 2020
Esseite:

1960 - 2015 - N9.8tr
2015 - 2020 - N38.7tr

Does this even make sense to you, moreover the Abaribe you call eye service was impeached and reinstated twice as deputy Governor just because he did not align with Orji uzor kalu..

Get you facts straight and remove ignorance, empty vessels really make loud noise.
stop wasting your time on kids...... By the time they realise themselves ,,Nigeria would have turned Haiti..... GOd just answer my prayers make I leave this country for the fools..

4 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Germi9: 9:08am On Mar 06, 2020
Captainrambo2:
Lawan is a disgrace. See this man o undecided

OMG!!! I just watched the video,and i was full of shame for Lawan..he didn't even know what to say
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Bizibi(m): 9:08am On Mar 06, 2020
Esseite:

1960 - 2015 - N9.8tr
2015 - 2020 - N38.7tr

Does this even make sense to you, moreover the Abaribe you call eye service was impeached and reinstated twice as deputy Governor just because he did not align with Orji uzor kalu..

Get you facts straight and remove ignorance, empty vessels really make loud noise.
most of them are empty drums,they are just sycophants.....
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by babyfaceafrica: 9:09am On Mar 06, 2020
CrudeSon:

Sorry for name calling but yout don't need to bring party into everything,there is what is called humanity which surpasses all,that Abaribe means well,he can as well fold his hands and watch like others,how many of PDP are trying like him?

BTW,when I finished schooling you haven't been conceived.

Abaribe means well

Hahahaha... Abegiii make we hear word.. They are all the same.. If the house is headed by pdp.. Na so Abaribe will keep quiet.... All this politicians only make noise when it doesn't favour them
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Tomide007: 9:10am On Mar 06, 2020
udemzyudex:

Whether it's a response or not all I'm saying is use your head ,don't just jump to comment cos of likes.

I hope my msg is clear?
Ur message is actually funny. U need to have an understanding of my message before replying...its funny that in this 21st century, clout chasers can be deceiving. A man soo vocal against opposition, but is not concerned about what goes on in his constituency is s clout chaser. Be more open to intellectual discussion without putting emotions....if the house is headed by PDP, u won't hear anything from his mouth....
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by ScotMisile: 9:12am On Mar 06, 2020
After going through this thread I have concluded that Nigeria is dead and gone...

2 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by michoim(m): 9:13am On Mar 06, 2020
Abaribe is an enemy of progress that was defeated in that encounter...
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by totowunmido: 9:16am On Mar 06, 2020
Rubber Stamp senate.
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Tomide007: 9:18am On Mar 06, 2020
ikennamadu1:

Seems you don't know abaribe... Go watch his previous tapes... Yu are blind
the man who has eyes, has been in senate since 2007 guess u didn't know that.......he carefully watched the atrocity that's going on in federal level without saying a word, His state has one of the most useless government in Nigeria, ever seen the man say anything? Don't be fooled...they are all the same.
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Tomide007: 9:19am On Mar 06, 2020
ScotMisile:

After going through this thread I have concluded that Nigeria is dead and gone...
cose pple ain't sychopants of APC/pdp.?
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 06, 2020
On the debt issue, so long as our economy is reliant on oil and oil alone, debt will be our portion.

Nigeria must dump oil. Oil is a curse. Science and technology and industrial development are a blessing.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 06, 2020
Tomide007:
the man who has eyes, has been in senate since 2007 guess u didn't know that.......he carefully watched the atrocity that's going on in federal level without saying a word, His state has one of the most useless government in Nigeria, ever see the man say anything? Don't be fooled...they are all the same.

The closet IPOBian called Abaribe just loves playing to the gallery. It is the stock in trade of some people who are loudest in pretending they are about progress while regression is all they can deliver in their backyard.
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Angelfrost(m): 9:27am On Mar 06, 2020
Afamed:

Keep quiet if you have nothing to say

He should keep quiet??! Really??! He just pointed out a very serious and egregious breach of social media regulation, with far reaching implications, and that's the best you could muster??!... Interesting!!!
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Staro: 9:27am On Mar 06, 2020
Nigeria disgusts me
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 06, 2020
valenu:
After watching this video, I conclude that few good persons can not fight numerous bad people. May God bless senator Abaribe. At this point if I were him, I would join the bad people and let us all suffer the consequences.

Bro I understand your pain but you are not right in your summation. Ever heard something like;

ALWAYS STAND ON THE PATH OF RIGHT EVEN IF YOU STAND ALONE.

Nigeria is doomed for sure but posterity still exonerate some folks. I keep saying that one sure way to measure the hope Nigeria has is when you read certain comments in this forum then you will know that today is so bright compared to which the future holds for this doomed country

2 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Urchman200: 9:31am On Mar 06, 2020
Magicians:
How many bad people are governing the rotten n condemned shithole state of Abia Abaribe came from that he can't fight them but would rather fight for tribes in Nigeria his own tribe love to hate ?! Many of you Igbos speak out of plain foolishness n gross stupidity thinking that your foolishness bigotry n stupid is not noticeable.

how this topic of national interest managed to generate ethnic and tribal bigotry?this is a Clare picture of what is wrong with an average Nigerian man ,instead of attacking the message they concentrate on the messenger ,I spit on youth of this nation.
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by CSTR2: 9:35am On Mar 06, 2020
Borrowing that money is bad enough.

Blowing that money on the unproductive and unprofitable north would be a bigger disaster.

Which is what is going to happen. Buhari is going to use that money to build northern roads and rails.

Projects that are inviable and does not add to the bottom line.
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by gawu1: 9:35am On Mar 06, 2020
valenu:
After watching this video, I conclude that few good persons can not fight numerous bad people. May God bless senator Abaribe. At this point if I were him, I would join the bad people and let us all suffer the consequences.
Is Abaribe a good person?
Wonder shall not end!
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Coldie(m): 9:37am On Mar 06, 2020
Abaribe speaks the truth. U want to borrow $20 billion but u are keeping the break down secret.

What kind of a country are we in this enough is corruption, Nigeria bad Nigeria bad this is one of the major causes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Urchman200: 9:38am On Mar 06, 2020
valenu:

Most times I don't even like commenting on this faceless forum because the majority of Nigerians think they are wise and know it all while they are not. The hate is just much for one another here but while hating can not put money on my table, I would never hate. Hence, you are right in your own opinion.
In my own opinion, I'm not talking about tribe or language. I'm talking about how difficult it is to correct wrongs by to many people. Whether Abaribe is Hausa or Yoruba or igbo, it does not affect my thumbs up for him for not shutting his mouth like every other senator there. He seems to be the only one not afraid of opposing the FG for all these money issues. By the time tax is increased to 10 percent or more, you will understand that this is not about tribe or party.
But having known that the majority of Nigerians prefer hard life, I would prepare my mind for it so when it eventually comes, I won't be surprised. Thank you for quoting and insulting, it won't stop me from getting my daily bread.
thanks 4 ur deep reasoning tribalism has eaten deep in most of us seriously, rather concentrate on the message, they will concentrate on the tribe where the person is coming from.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by gawu1: 9:39am On Mar 06, 2020
CSTR2:
Borrowing that money is bad enough.

Blowing that money on the unproductive and unprofitable north would be a bigger disaster.

Which is what is going to happen. Buhari is going to use that money to build northern roads and rails.

Projects that are inviable and does not add to the bottom line.
The second Niger bridge is one of the unproductive northern project tongue
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Coldie(m): 9:39am On Mar 06, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Abaribe means well

Hahahaha... Abegiii make we hear word.. They are all the same.. If the house is headed by pdp.. Na so Abaribe will keep quiet.... All this politicians only make noise when it doesn't favour them
But did he say anything wrong?

How would u want to take such a huge loan and keep the details secret?
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by idonhammer: 9:40am On Mar 06, 2020
How does graduates act? Cuz I know so many marlians and oloshos that are graduates.

Tomide007:
thank you, but pls act like a graduate always. Thanks.
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Bragalane: 9:41am On Mar 06, 2020
So in your deluded foolishness, a lunatic that watched helplessly how the wealth of Abia is rotten n condemned state was plundered for over 20 years with a single word should be the one spearheading the revival of a Nigeria state from those that have spoken up about the ill of the country n they try they best to Kickstart thing to work in the country ?

Sir, this your comment shows clearly foolish n bigotry needs to be beaten of your soul for you brain to function at all.

Urchman200:
how this topic of national interest managed to generate ethnic and tribal bigotry?this is a Clare picture of what is wrong with an average Nigerian man ,instead of attacking the message they concentrate on the messenger ,I spit on youth of this nation.

It is not only Igbo that are foolish in Nigeria so no surprises from your comment beside most Igbos start their lies with "I am. Not Igbo".
Bizibi:
smh.....I am not Igbo but this comment makes no sense to me,we are talking about a huge loan request the Senate granted without debating on it,the rest senators don't even know the content and you are here talking about abia state. *Sigh*

SoNature:

Keep quiet, iti mpataka

Roles are defined

Abaribe is a federal senator not a state legislator

The state House of assembly members hold the state governors accountable

Always justifying stupidity

Olodo

Oh, so role are now defined according to your damaged igbotic medulla ?! What then is Kanu's role in the Nigeria polity?

KosiGee:

Your mental state is worrisome. If I was related to you or live near you, I’ll be concerned. You could be a danger to yourself and people around you.There are so much negative energies around you. Deal with this mister and save yourself.

All this because the poor guy said Abaribe is unable to say a single word to help his own state that is rotten n now a complete shithole. Pls call Abaribe to save Abia before removing the log in another eye.

With the low level Abia as digenerated no single soul should be allowed to open his or her mouth on National issue. Are you saying Abaribe is unable to speak out about the kerosene sharing Ikpeazu or the rotten n condemned state Abia as degenerated.

KosiGee:

Abia state has law makers. It is the duty of members of Abia state house of assembly to debate on Abia state issues and tackle the executive.

Abaribe was elected to represent his constituency at federal level. He is not the only representative from Abia state. His primary responsibility is the senate and issues at the national level. That’s what he is doing.

If there’s any bigot, unintelligent and bias person here, it is you who is throwing tantrums, using foul language against another group of people.
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Bishop(m): 9:41am On Mar 06, 2020
FARA4GA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Olf1amJw0

Contrary to the belief that the approval of the $22.7b loan was a smooth sail on the floor, this video shows that there was tension on the floor of the Senate on Thursday following the insistence of the opposition senators to know details of the $22.7bn foreign loan request from the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

The Minority Leader, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, drew the attention of the Senate to the anomaly and requested the President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, to allow a clause by clause consideration of the loan request.

His suggestion was turned down by Lawan who said the report of the panel should not be subjected to debate, based on the rules of the Senate.

Obviously uncomfortable with the position of Lawan, Abaribe warned the presiding officer that going ahead to hoodwink the Senate into passing the multi-billion dollar loan request without the details would spell doom for the country.

The matter degenerated into a serious tension with the senators viewing the development along partisan lines.

Watch the video to see as the drama unfolds.

This is where I miss Dino Melaye.
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:42am On Mar 06, 2020
Bobbyfreshh:
kiss

it is clear Nigeria so called democracy will not survive Buhari
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by CSTR2: 9:43am On Mar 06, 2020
gawu1:

The second Niger bridge is one of the unproductive northern project tongue
The Niger bridge is just one of such projects that need to be done and I don't think you need to borrow to complete that project.

Truth is bitter. I don't need to cuddle.

Such humongous monies should go into strategic projects devoid of sentiment that would set this country on the path of economic self sufficiency and industrialisation.

If you use that money to build northern roads, rails and bridges to nowhere, you are all on your own.
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by bigpicture001: 9:44am On Mar 06, 2020
valenu:

Fact!

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by prettyliz(f): 9:45am On Mar 06, 2020
FARA4GA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Olf1amJw0

Contrary to the belief that the approval of the $22.7b loan was a smooth sail on the floor, this video shows that there was tension on the floor of the Senate on Thursday following the insistence of the opposition senators to know details of the $22.7bn foreign loan request from the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

The Minority Leader, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, drew the attention of the Senate to the anomaly and requested the President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, to allow a clause by clause consideration of the loan request.

His suggestion was turned down by Lawan who said the report of the panel should not be subjected to debate, based on the rules of the Senate.

Obviously uncomfortable with the position of Lawan, Abaribe warned the presiding officer that going ahead to hoodwink the Senate into passing the multi-billion dollar loan request without the details would spell doom for the country.

The matter degenerated into a serious tension with the senators viewing the development along partisan lines.

Watch the video to see as the drama unfolds.
Later some brain washed people who are struggling will say he is not corrupt. Maybe its for the silly ruga sef
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Urchman200: 9:46am On Mar 06, 2020
The difference is that if abaribe is a yoruba man, igboman will always support his stand on issues that has to do with justice, it worries me so much y an average yurobaman hate someone who speaks for the general interests seriously ,when u talk they will say u are expressing emotions, is supporting evil a new way of becoming politically correct?

3 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 06, 2020
Tomide007:

Can u read and write, did I support the borrowing. U guys need to stop being emotional about politics and use intellect to gauge things...stop being petty, is it because I abused abaribe who's governor is one of the worst in the country yet he can't say a word against him, or I abused buhari cose he's not different from the useless leaders we've had since 1999...and that it will affect me, you're definitely joking....kindly go back to school if you have issues with English... I mean well, not abusing you....let's be guided please.
God bless you for your previous post which the intellectually challenged boy could not understand and for this explanation which I hope he can comprehend. All these parties and politicians are the same...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview / Protests Over Arrest Of Aminu Adamu Mohammed Who Criticised Aisha Buhari / Food Price Inflation In Nigeria 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.