Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,312 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! - Career (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! (100887 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss / Robot Demoted And Fired At A Supermarket In UK After A Week Of Incompetence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by zoezoelogistics(m): 7:38pm On Mar 07, 2020
Roadtoyesterday:
We started the work as a field agent sometime last year, it was a telecommunications work (MTN 4G upgrade) I was still in my final year in school when I joined. 4 months into the job I was made the supervisor, when I became the supervisor, I notice the agents were been short changed, in terms of benefits and payments, I tried working on the irregularities but it bounced back to me, gbam I was fired for lodging a complaint on the delayed salaries of the workers.

A. Month after, my depth profile became so high, I was the one supporting my family and sponsoring my junior ones. I hate myself for trying to be holier than thou while at work. Till this moment, I've not gained myself. I've lost everything. At this point I can only hope God sees my heart and reward me if truly God support good decision.

Do you believe in the supernatural?
Just hang on and hold onto God.
God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all you can ever hope or imagine.

He will compensate you.
Just keep doing your thing.
God provided that one, he can and will do it again.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Justarandomguy: 7:41pm On Mar 07, 2020
ForeThinker:
I feel u

do everything in life for YOU. don’t let anyone else control your life. don’t let fear control your life. do it for you. live for you. if you dream it, you can achieve it. if you work for it, you will earn it. make a list of your dreams, then make them happen. there’s nothing in stopping you. go out there and live your dreams. do it for you.

Remain blessed y'all
Im aries but with my life right now, I think I'm virgo
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by introvertme: 7:43pm On Mar 07, 2020
FreebiesGRAM:
I accessed the server I created for my organization out of office and that was it.

@ op What area of IT are you into?

For 2 months I was still consulted to train the new IT guy grin

How did they know?
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Fragility6: 7:44pm On Mar 07, 2020
kokanepyramid:
its not rare. Even some FMCGs pay this amount to the junior management staff, I know of 2 people earning over 50M per annum in non-oil and gas sector
I’ll stop here. Don’t ask me which coy don’t put me in trouble.
Lol
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by AmazingELixir: 7:46pm On Mar 07, 2020
grin

My case is different, I nearly put myself in a precarious situation, i had a job i was collecting 450k consolidated, but somehow I wasn't really satisfied with the job because it wasn't challenging me well enough but it offered me ample opportunities to engage in other side jobs, it so happened I applied for oil servicing offer with one of the well known multinationals and about 50 of us were invited for interview at the end of the day two of us were invited for oral interview, in the course of the interview I was bombarded with questions from 5 of their technical staff after they were done the salary package was discussed, somehow I was not too comfortable with the structure of the job since I was to be employed a contract staff and no clearly defined training structure was disclosed and also I was coming from the power sector and the package at start off is about half of what I was earning unless I go to rig or offshore where the allowances are pretty impressive ofcourse this was happening during the difficult period in the oil sector when prices of crude oil were plummeting.

After the interview I went home to brainstorm about the development, I convinced myself it wasn't worth my trouble and decided to shun the job.

About two weeks later the company started retrenchment and sacking of workers even the experienced ones including my friend that have worked with them for about 5years then was affected..

I just told satan "God punish you," see where I for lose everything ooh.

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Fragility6: 7:46pm On Mar 07, 2020
KillerBeauty:

Are you sure it's a month or a year?
Confirm that info cos it can't be a month.
80k CAD monthly is not feasible
Kindly check weworkremotely.com n confirm for urself. You go even see tech job offers of 90-100k CAD.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by newinventions: 7:49pm On Mar 07, 2020
Fragility6:

Kindly check weworkremotely.com n confirm for urself. You go even see tech job offers of 90-100k CAD.

Bro don't waste your time with Nairalander youth. The way they think is inexplicable.

Our education system don do us something. They send out youth that no longer believe in themselves.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by KingWarri: 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2020
mamatwiny:

You can start with udemy or udacity. Cybrary.it is also good.
Good luck.

Thanks for the info
See... My challenge is not actually learning and understanding things —I actually thought myself through YouTube videos and reading of articles online.
But, are to get directions or connection to companies looking for my skills?

Plz sir help a brother
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Kollyman: 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2020
Odingo1:
This story look like a lie, so many loopholes

After offering 750k job for Naija

Poverty is affecting you.

I know of people earning over 1.5m a month and they still have some other benefits attached.

Guy, continually update you skills, work hard and pray to God, and you will realise that 750k is not much

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by doggedfighter(f): 7:57pm On Mar 07, 2020
boom99:
my own experience may not relate oo.. I started saving money in my kolo( piggy bank) to start a business. last week i say make i go put money inside..oboy my kolo way full done almost empty. I first confuse ... i just dey laugh like a madman.............. last last na my most trusted person take am. I am still recovering....
So sorry,bro. You will be fine
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Fragility6: 7:58pm On Mar 07, 2020
newinventions:

This guy cracked me up. So you never see person dey earn 1m every month for naija.

Go ExxonMobil you go see person wey dey earn more than 1m monthly.

Nigerians with poverty mentality.
Here we go again! Why is it that an average nairalander cant voice his opinion without been insultive. Na wa.... Never seen n rare do they sound,look or mean the same. Comprehension
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Teaser4(m): 7:59pm On Mar 07, 2020
bobowaja:

I dey too brotherly. Side no too smooth but we dey rough am.
glad to hear that... God bless us fam
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by henryobinna(m): 7:59pm On Mar 07, 2020
iamJ:
He they mention version

The different between core i5 and I7 isnt enough to make a difference for a remote online operator

at this point I have to say you're a proud ignoramus. You need proper education bro. You nee to start from primary 1. Jeez!

I think it's time Seun starts sending out questionnaires to each and every new/intending Nairaland members/users. Reading this guys messages is an assault on one's sensibility

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by zoezoelogistics(m): 8:06pm On Mar 07, 2020
FreebiesGRAM:
I accessed the server I created for my organization out of office and that was it.

@ op What area of IT are you into?

For 2 months I was still consulted to train the new IT guy grin

Was it in the terms of engagement that you must not do so?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Rapmoney(m): 8:09pm On Mar 07, 2020
helinues:
The only job I ever applied for, I resigned 2 months after..

I no fit come and kill myself for one boss

You were fired for the 30k BMC job?

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by FreebiesGRAM: 8:12pm On Mar 07, 2020
introvertme:

How did they know?

Logs

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by betterpikinn: 8:16pm On Mar 07, 2020
newinventions:

If person like you see 1mila, you go just run Lagoon or you go just run enter road begin the shout. Egba mi ooo 1m dey inside my room.
Haha
Behind the keyboard...
Way ray niẹ
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by bobowaja(m): 8:17pm On Mar 07, 2020
Teaser4:
glad to hear that... God bless us fam
I am in web dev now. Still in learning stage tho.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Realbanlyz: 8:19pm On Mar 07, 2020
Minimum wage in America varies from state to state and it definitely isn't 7$/hr anywhere.. Minimum is 10 even for non Americans and they pay citizens more.
iamJ:
what's the minimum wage for Americans its 7 dollars

And some pay less

There is even legislation that supports it but states dont pay

Meanwhile an American is paying above minimum wage for poorly skilled labour

If you were Indian maybe, Nigerian, its someone that doesn't know tech you will feed this fable

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by KingWarri: 8:21pm On Mar 07, 2020
betterpikinn:

If you believed that mumu story teller, then you can believe anything...
Bro no be mumu story oh.... I have even seen teachers earn 500k+ let alone a software developer....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by KingWarri: 8:21pm On Mar 07, 2020
bobowaja:

Same here
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 07, 2020
oluwaseyi000:

Why we were fired?
I joined this company last year, few days after finishing my NYSC, they have the highest number of software developers in Africa and I was loving life, the salary is great with breakfast and lunch

They keep on employing so many software engineer with time the engineer become more than the available job, I saw it coming but I don't know what the board was thinking

2. How did the firing process happen?
We have a global (online) meeting which people are asked not to miss, I was not even listening very well to what they are saying, the president said there are more developer than engagement to they have to let some people go, a mail was sent to all impacted people and I discovered what has just happened

Almost 400 people has been fired across Africa

3. Aftermath of being fired… how did you feel, have you recovered, did you get something better?

The company is actually a great one, they brought in pychologist to speak with us, bring in different recruiter, and other stuff, most importantly the payoff was reasonable that I can afford a Mac laptop of almost half-a-million

Luckily for me I got another reasonable job in less than 3 weeks of been retrenched

I always laugh when people complain there is no job in Nigeria, less than 5 month after leaving my previous company I have turned down almost 4 other offers some even paying than my current one

I so much saw the retrenchment coming that I once created a similar thread as this https://www.nairaland.com/5352267/why-how-loose-last-job

I think your software will return debugging error, wrong syntax grin because of grammar.
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 07, 2020
mayor10:

Oya repeat after me.
Oh Lord my father, rewrite my story.

Bankers don't earn that much sef, you only earn that much as an IT personnel, consultant or maybe a business developer..my friend who's just 23 earns 1.3million and still has remote jobs.he's already a senior developer at that age.
Yee yeee shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by mmustapha: 8:33pm On Mar 07, 2020
AmazingELixir:
grin

My case is different, I nearly put myself in a precarious situation, i had a job i was collecting 450k consolidated, but somehow I wasn't really satisfied with the job because it wasn't challenging me well enough but it offered me ample opportunities to engage in other side jobs, it so happened I applied for oil servicing offer with one of the well known multinationals and about 50 of us were invited for interview at the end of the day two of us were invited for oral interview, in the course of the interview I was bombarded with questions from 5 of their technical staff after they were done the salary package was discussed, somehow I was not too comfortable with the structure of the job since I was to be employed a contract staff and no clearly defined training structure was disclosed since I was coming from the power sector and the package at start off is about half of what I was earning unless I go to rig or offshore where the allowances are pretty impressive ofcourse this was happening during the difficult period in the oil sector when prices of crude oil were plummeting.

After the interview I went home to brainstorm about the development, I convinced myself it wasn't worth my trouble and decided to shun the job.

About two weeks later the company started retrenchment and sacking of workers even the experienced ones including my friend that have worked with them for about 5years then was affected..

I just told satan "God punish you," see where I for lose everything ooh.

Schlumberger? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Ken4agent(m): 8:33pm On Mar 07, 2020
kunki90:
Lol, Mine is kinda funny.
Then I used to work as a remote digital marketer for an app. My job was to Increase app downloads on playstore and app store. The issue was that my boss, did not want to spend much yet he expected gigantic results- high number of downloads for so little dollar promotions. Eventually, I could not meet the monthly targets as I was working with a meagre budget. Months into the job, I saw the same job position I was in advertised as vacant on the company facebook page. grin grin I wan die that morning

It wasn't funny then o, but now we thank God sha

Noooo...... laugh won kill me here.....�
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by monique34: 8:34pm On Mar 07, 2020
Mrshape:
mine: I was not fired but I loss the job because of let me say greediness on my part.
I am a mathematics teacher I do private lessons,
So this woman called me for lesson, I billed her 100K per month (three times a week one hour thirty minutes each)

She begged for #60,000 I said no my last is 80K
(i don't know the spirit that was speaking on my behalf because I know that was not me, maybe the spirit of one of those motivational speakers saying never settle for less)

Because my current lessons are far below her offer at that time.

When I reach house the regret I have, I have never had that in my life, well, it was a lesson that helped me in future negotiations
and I collect 8k permonth o. what area do u reside? coz d only job I do basically is home tutoring o
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by newinventions: 8:38pm On Mar 07, 2020
betterpikinn:

Haha
Behind the keyboard...
Way ray niẹ

Kikikikikikikikiki laugh wan kee me here.

Chaiii this guy ehn.
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Emmadgrt20(m): 8:38pm On Mar 07, 2020
Ayemileto:

Is the company Andela?
bobowaja:

brotherly abeg where are you people seeing all these mouth watering opportunities or is it by connection? because I don't understand whether your internet is different from the one I know. I have searched, searched, searched and searched yet no befitting one. abeg make una help us even with the ones of 100k
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 07, 2020
elantraceey:

it's one thing to name and know the company and its another thing to get hired, some of this companies that pays big, their hiring process nor be Beans, your skills and brain have to be tight, so develop yourself and you'll see all the opportunities coming.
Connect me Babe undecided
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by Teaser4(m): 8:42pm On Mar 07, 2020
bobowaja:

oh that's cool bro. before you know it, you don turn guru..

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by newinventions: 8:42pm On Mar 07, 2020
Emmadgrt20:

brotherly abeg where are you people seeing all these mouth watering opportunities or is it by connection? because I don't understand whether your internet is different from the one I know. I have searched, searched, searched and searched yet no befitting one. abeg make una help us even with the ones of 100k

Google romote jobs or crossover jobs
Re: Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! by odisman(m): 8:44pm On Mar 07, 2020
O boy hook me up with this kind opportunity now. I do private lesson too but this your offer is huge.
Mrshape:
mine: I was not fired but I loss the job because of let me say greediness on my part.
I am a mathematics teacher I do private lessons,
So this woman called me for lesson, I billed her 100K per month (three times a week one hour thirty minutes each)

She begged for #60,000 I said no my last is 80K
(i don't know the spirit that was speaking on my behalf because I know that was not me, maybe the spirit of one of those motivational speakers saying never settle for less)

Because my current lessons are far below her offer at that time.

When I reach house the regret I have, I have never had that in my life, well, it was a lesson that helped me in future negotiations

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply)

Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers / Salary Range Of Microfinance Bank Workers / Sacked Chicken Republic Dancers At A University In Cyprus (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.