Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? (53209 Views)

Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by styless(f): 11:01pm On Mar 08, 2020
A used iPhone

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by kay29000(m): 11:01pm On Mar 08, 2020
DropsMic:

In 2004 my uncle asked i and my brothers what we wanted him to get for us. Being teenagers then we asked for a console game... You won't believe this dude legit sent us a well packaged Family con.. I later sold it for 250 naira to one Wilson guy complete with the pad and infrared gun..

Thinking about it now, i feel if we had specified the type of game we wanted him for buy am because dude was rich

grin grin LMAO!!!!

I remember family con from back in the early 90s. I enjoyed it sha...Mario, Duck Hunt, Contra...and one fighting game with one bowlegged guy like that. Lol. After I got my Sega Genesis, I tossed the family con to one side...but it served it's purpose when it was the only game we had.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Christian07(m): 11:02pm On Mar 08, 2020
Range rover evoque

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 08, 2020
shogsman:

Two is still fresh and you're saying you can't wait for 3 ,even GTA 5 of 7 years ago still doesn't have a successor, rd 3 is going to take at least 8-10 years.
lol. bro..I Kno, just dey anticipate am badly
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 08, 2020
gypsey:
550k? is that for a year? which part of lagos? a flat or...?

Ajah. 2 bedroom flat for a year.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 08, 2020
Sweet�����
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Thryphosa(m): 11:03pm On Mar 08, 2020
Those guys for abroad dey try o. I have quite a number of them in US and Germany. They have been so supportive even when I haven't for once asked for help. God bless them. BTW, I also do the little I can to support their people here in Naija.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by ndcide(m): 11:03pm On Mar 08, 2020
Give me, give me generation.

Always looking for what to take from someone.

9 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by gondon(m): 11:03pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mine was $400 in 2015........... But I paid more when I arrived there in 2016 by been scammed of double payment of $720, instead dey collected $1,440.
I wept when I knew after a month.

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by nabiz(m): 11:05pm On Mar 08, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:
Let me start my own this way, I know in this life nobody owes us anything but that doesn't mean our lives must always be about us and us alone. There's a blessing in giving.

I'm opportune to have an uncle who has stayed in US for more than 20 yrs now. He's a surgeon and one of the best in his field but the biggest gift I've received from him was 800 naira in 2007. Though he use to give me those big bargy trousers once in a while I still see the 8h as his biggest gift to me because trouser no be my problem.

Pls tell me your own.
lol it seems you are referring to one Mr Agodi nwosu ? Lol

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Stillthebest: 11:05pm On Mar 08, 2020
kiss

My second car. She gave me voluntarily when my first was having issues before I fixed. She said "it is yours now" when she was leaving.

I don't ask anyone for anything. Either abroad ppl or local. I only derive joy in giving if i can

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by shogsman(m): 11:05pm On Mar 08, 2020
erico2k2:

In other words the value ur relative placed o n you is way more above the value you place on yourself if you put it that way cos from all indication, its a waste using the high spec when you got the low spec Ok mayB next time he should send the low spec!
Dude it’s just common sense,I didn’t ask for nothing,you got me a gift for my birthday,it happens to be a gaming laptop ,fortunately for me I have 2 laptops that serves me well already,so you expect me to lose out by a million Naira and hold on to the 3rd laptop because of what you call value right

13 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by kay29000(m): 11:06pm On Mar 08, 2020
Happyguy201:

OGA your using a 2014 Honda Accord and complaining of hardship your own better sha

grin
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 08, 2020
shogsman:

I don't ask him what he does with things I send him so I definitely do not expect him to question what I do With things he sends me.it becomes my to do whatever I want with the moment it got here.

Bros, you don't sell that kind of thing immediately you got it, At least use it for a bit. You have no idea how hard he worked to get you something so expensive. What you did was uncool

13 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by kay29000(m): 11:07pm On Mar 08, 2020
bdemix:
I received Toyota Sienna February last year from my Eldest Brother, around September my immediate Elder brother sent me Nissan Altima 2010 #FamilyLove

Wow! Only you...2 cars. Lucky guy.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 11:07pm On Mar 08, 2020
shogsman:

Dude it’s just common sense,I didn’t ask for nothing,you got me a gift for my birthday,it happens to be a gaming laptop ,fortunately for me I have 2 laptops that serves me well already,so you expect me to lose out by a million Naira and hold on to the 3rd laptop because of what you call value right
Guy relax, U just the para, U don increase to two lappy just now, chill this is the internet, if you like own the whole of IBM and Microsoft join, the fact remains the same thing a gift is a gift deal wiv it!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by NiklauseFred(m): 11:07pm On Mar 08, 2020
collinsuchendu:
In block => EUROPE OR NOTHING

Baba you again!? Calm down ur spirit dey Europe already,so no fear grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by PastorandMentor(m): 11:08pm On Mar 08, 2020
Soap sad
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by yusfaith78(m): 11:08pm On Mar 08, 2020
500 euro brand new Gucci shoe

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 11:08pm On Mar 08, 2020
SpecialAgent:

Bros, you don't sell that kind of thing immediately you got it, At least use it for a bit. You have no idea hard he worked to get you something so expensive
Thank U, the worse part is he is claiming bragging rights!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Switruth: 11:10pm On Mar 08, 2020
Aeropostale shirt. grin grin grin
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by kay29000(m): 11:10pm On Mar 08, 2020
bigsam1992:
He came from Germany when I was still in university and took me to a restaurant to eat garri and soup... that was the gift he brought from Germany

grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by shogsman(m): 11:10pm On Mar 08, 2020
erico2k2:

erm I can't see where I said anyone was asking you what you did with the GIFT, I just think it's outright rude!
I got 2 laptops that serves me well already and the only sensible thing to do is to sell it and cash in,I can’t lose a million Naira because of false sense of moral.your choice not mine,like they say different strokes for different folks.

6 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by unibenakpos(m): 11:10pm On Mar 08, 2020
they have sent T-shirt, shoe, camera, money for educational support mostly. i dont ask they know I'm probably going through one issue or the other and they trust me to spend wisely. the highest gift is 25k

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Lamanii22(f): 11:11pm On Mar 08, 2020
franchasng:
Hmmm....egungu be careful na express you de go...I don tell am, e don happen, I don tell am, e don happen....egungun be careful na express you de go o shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

What does "egungun" mean?
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by EmmySparky(m): 11:12pm On Mar 08, 2020
Lol me no get time to ask anybody for stuffs cos they live outside...I no get time to beg no relative whether in Nigeria or abroad...but I can remember getting a brand new Samsung laptop in 2012 from one of them...
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by cococandy(f): 11:12pm On Mar 08, 2020
southniyikaye:
mtchew
Broda Bola lives in UK.
He wants to impress me every time he sends things home.
Always sending 250naira worth boxers and 300naira worth belt, na one ibo boy dey always help me confirm the price.
I Wan ask, shey Aba boys Don dey send belt and boxers go UK ni?
Does UK people, dem be akagum eshin national theater

Maybe he’s confirming the price of the fake ones for you? Have you ever thought of that?
And why are you price-checking what he gives you?
This is why I’d rather send money than spend so much on authentic stuff and send it to Nigeria only for someone to value it as a cheap something because of all the fake items that’s flooding the Nigerian markets. And the consumers don’t even know.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 08, 2020
Some too-quick-to-conclude fellas will shout 'africans are too entitled.' When I play with my nephews and nieces, and juxtapose that with this question, only thing I can come up with is that most people get greedy when they're living outside because they know they don't need anything from folks home. They're not even staying with you so why should they care what you think? Others too are simply greedy from the onset.

My big brother has been in the states less than three years, and he's been so generous to us!

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 08, 2020
Lamanii22:

What does "egungun" mean?
masquerade
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by dober(m): 11:13pm On Mar 08, 2020
Naija is hard for some people, very obvious. Hence alot of people depend on the relatives abroad. I know alot of families that are surviving from the proceeds of their people living abroad. Una de try!

[/b]A piece of advice for una when be abroad people:[b]
Make una try de take una relatives when una don settle well for abroad.
If you are hustling and your brother is there hustling too, the burden will be less on you. And in that way, no one who you are are answerable to will tag you as "stingy" or 'wicked'.

[/b]For those when de naija:[b]
Make una easy on una people when de abroad. Some of them are actually suffering.

6 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by hahn(m): 11:14pm On Mar 08, 2020
lepasharon:

You're living in a place you can't afford all at your sister's expense

Very dangerous to be living above ones means

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Nigerians, We’ve Got A Sexuality Problem / Cheating Husband Caught In Matrimonial Bed With 22-Year-Old Lady / "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.