Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,417 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? (53253 Views)

Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 08, 2020
Deicide:
They said our relatives not our sugar daddies undecided

6 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by AfroKnight: 10:34pm On Mar 08, 2020
So many entitled people here. It’s so disgusting. Who do you think you are to expect gifts? One got 50k gift for his wedding and he’s still saying God is the true giver. Were you expecting 2 million naira as a gift? Are you not ashamed of yourself for being so entitled?

Go and hustle. This thread is disgusting.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by luluman: 10:34pm On Mar 08, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:
Let me start my own this way, I know in this life nobody owes us anything but that doesn't mean our lives must always be about us and us alone. There's a blessing in giving.

I'm opportune to have an uncle who has stayed in US for more than 20 yrs now. He's a surgeon and one of the best in his field but the biggest gift I've received from him was 800 naira in 2007. Though he use to give me those big bargy trousers once in a while I still see the 8h as his biggest gift to me because trouser no be my problem.

Pls tell me your own.
House aren't for 2 b.r flat in palmgroove
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 08, 2020
My sister in Houston just sent me N550,000 for rent. I work in a tax office where the salary is 70k monthly. She has really tried for me, I also got an iphone 7. She sents 70k monthly to augment my salary so at least money won't be a problem.

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by shogsman(m): 10:35pm On Mar 08, 2020
ASUS ROG Zephyrus S Ultra rtx2080 for a late birthday gift late last year,and that was the first time I got gift from a relative,it set him back more than 3grand.
I sold it the same week I collected it,dude is still fighting with me till now,he said I don’t value things.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by emmanuel4758(m): 10:35pm On Mar 08, 2020
grin
Klington:
a packet of 2B pencil 1995

Very useless uncle
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by LordAzubuike(f): 10:36pm On Mar 08, 2020
Heistman:
PS 4 as birthday gift,was meant as a surprise... unfortunately I bought one a month earlier.tho he added Red dead Redemption wink which I was planning to get
Have you played red dead Redemption 2.? That's arguably the most detailed and best game ever made.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Sirmuel1(m): 10:36pm On Mar 08, 2020
Possiblegee:
My uncle help me pick 500$ from my client till today e no no say na scam

When time reach, them go trace you. Just keep doing that nonsense. You won't go scot free

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by hopexter(m): 10:37pm On Mar 08, 2020
NextD18:
I hardly accept gifts from people Abroad. smiley

I just don't like it. You didn't travel to Abroad to be getting me gifts.

Storrryy grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by NOwazobia: 10:37pm On Mar 08, 2020
Corona
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by adealabiss(m): 10:38pm On Mar 08, 2020
Education..! She finance my education till Master degree level before she pass away... She was an angel

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by NextD18: 10:38pm On Mar 08, 2020
hopexter:

Storrryy grin grin
Lol, it's no joke bruv. At some point, they were thinking I have issues with them, but No!

Naturally, I hate expecting things from people.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 08, 2020
Sirmuel1:

When time reach, them go trace you. Just keep doing that nonsense. You won't go scot free
western union and moneygram are untraceable
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by muystoy(m): 10:39pm On Mar 08, 2020
My younger brother in the UK sent me N250000 in 2018, that's the biggest sum he has sent at once,cumulatively he must have sent me over a million naira,Dem dey talk say UK people dey stingy die, not my brother sha

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 10:39pm On Mar 08, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:

U don't know me nd I don't know u so ur words doesn't hurt.
It's true that stingy pple defend stinginess.
A stingy person is one who does not give yet expect.So if you have not given to that relative abroad and you expect my friend You are Stingy.The gift is not always money, Just one basket of Egusi is greatly appreciated in the UK or the US ask anyone from them two countries!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by ArticleBeast: 10:40pm On Mar 08, 2020
100k...
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 10:41pm On Mar 08, 2020
shogsman:
ASUS ROG Zephyrus S Ultra rtx2080 for a late birthday gift late last year,and that was the first time I got gift from a relative,it set him back more than 3grand.
I sold it the same week I collected it,dude is still fighting with me till now,he said I don’t value things.
U dnt, how can U sell smthing that a person gifted to you, he might as well has sent you the raw cash

8 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by shogotermies(m): 10:41pm On Mar 08, 2020
I have about 4,
2 in UK, 1 in US, 1 in canada.
They one is U.S. sent me 7k,...
That's d biggest gift..
But sincerely life over there isn't easy for them also

12 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by HAgbonna(m): 10:41pm On Mar 08, 2020
Or11:

Thank goodness I'm not one of your relatives. So because someone lives in another country, he must buy you gifts abi. Poverty and beggi beggi mentality smh

let somebody to hear word!! Weti first make am go abroad, no be to help the rest family by seeking greener pasture in a better land. what if na all of them for house gather money give me take go, so I no go compensate them.

8 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by stevups(m): 10:41pm On Mar 08, 2020
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by sonnie10: 10:42pm On Mar 08, 2020
pocohantas:
Make we start to give them small na. No matter how little. This attitude of always expecting from them is what makes them block our numbers.

Anyway, I really can’t pick out one. I just know I have gotten lots of pleasant surprises from them- by not asking. smiley
One Jadore 50ml on me for this comment.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 10:42pm On Mar 08, 2020
AnanseK:

I do pity a lot of those Nigerians eking a living abroad. As a matter of fact I have sent gift of money to some of them on a number of occasions.
whats the PITY part?
last I checked, take away the 9ja expectaation factor, them lot living abroad are OK!

6 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 08, 2020
timesup234:
Before I traveled around 2009 the only thing I got from over 10 of my uncles and relatives was 8,000 naira. Even one gave me as low as 200 naira.... until I got there and found out there is no money abroad. They only have money to pay their bills and money saved for vacation. I believe we should be sending our people in America money. They are really suffering
i tell u dey don't have money,

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by lepasharon(f): 10:42pm On Mar 08, 2020
Ebonijay:
My sister in Houston just sent me N550,000 for rent. I work in a tax office where the salary is 70k monthly. She has really tried for me, I also got an iphone 7. She sents 70k monthly to augment my salary so at least money won't be a problem.

You're living in a place you can't afford all at your sister's expense

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by timesup234: 10:43pm On Mar 08, 2020
Ebonijay:
liar! You must be that ugly bitch stupidaddy
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Mutemenot(m): 10:43pm On Mar 08, 2020
My friend then, his uncle used to send him oversized UK polo. He sometimes wears the polo as skirt cos the neck alone is his waist grin

22 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Kenneygirl(f): 10:43pm On Mar 08, 2020
My besty that travelled abroad forgot my existence

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 10:43pm On Mar 08, 2020
timesup234:
Before I traveled around 2009 the only thing I got from over 10 of my uncles and relatives was 8,000 naira. Even one gave me as low as 200 naira.... until I got there and found out there is no money abroad. They only have money to pay their bills and money saved for vacation. I believe we should be sending our people in America money. They are really suffering
People in America are suffering? grin grin grin grin which part B dat??

7 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by HAgbonna(m): 10:44pm On Mar 08, 2020
AfroKnight:
So many entitled people here. It’s so disgusting. Who do you think you are to expect gifts? One got 50k gift for his wedding and he’s still saying God is the true giver. We’re you expecting 2 million naira as a gift? Are you not ashamed of yourself for being so entitled?

Go and hustle. This thread is disgusting.

I bet you are the type that won't give #5 to his/her mom. written over you, you're a stingy human

8 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by bjprodint(f): 10:44pm On Mar 08, 2020
600 naira

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by emkz: 10:44pm On Mar 08, 2020
So because he is abroad, he must give you something?

To those who have this mentality, try and grind crayfish, melon, ogbono, opkoroko, dried bitterleaf and red oil, and send them and whatever you can to that your cousin or uncle abroad. Trust me, when things are okay with him, he'd never forget you and he'd do something big for you. I remember when I lived abroad for five years, one of my childhood friends made it a point to always visit my mum and attend any of my family's occasion. Another one would call just to check up on me without asking me for favours. So don't let it be about what others can do for you, also think and do for them. They need it too.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 10:44pm On Mar 08, 2020
Kenneygirl:
My besty that travelled abroad forgot my existence
She moved on, best U do same, life ain't fair! she made new friends

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

/ I Think My Husband Scammed Me / I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.