Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? (53259 Views)

Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by grandstar(m): 11:34pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mine was £300. That was from my sister, the year of my service

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by timesup234: 11:34pm On Mar 08, 2020
Busolababby1:

I love your honesty
Beautyaddy abi Stupidaddy you this ugly yoruba witch. I don confine you to travel section u dare come out or make comments elsewhere I exterminate you. Mumu
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 11:35pm On Mar 08, 2020
shogsman:

Like I said, keep disgracing your parents
Told you grin grin
you are slow, WE ALL DO NOT LIVE IN THE SHYTE HOLE! am +0 GMT

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by ezewealth(m): 11:37pm On Mar 08, 2020
CptCharlesVane:
And you don’t think it will be worth something to at least inform him about how his people are leaching off him.
baba, i will not be d one, i dey feel for the man, i hardly call him to ask him of something, d man don extra try, how i wish d relatives in naija will be just 5% of him

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 11:37pm On Mar 08, 2020
grandstar:
Mine was £300. That was from my sister, the year of my service
thats cool, in today's money it X470

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 11:39pm On Mar 08, 2020
LONGPREEK:
lol the thing dey annoying na. even my younger bro wey dey school for yankee. i still dey send am money so that he no go go push drugs or rob cos those are the easiest ways to get money there. these naija village pipu go just tanda here dey expect money anyhow. na so my uncle go dey spam him whatsapp anyhow. i don warn am already angry
nah their way and dem get the ordercity to even call U stingy grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by opsynea2j(m): 11:40pm On Mar 08, 2020
Samsung S5 in 2016

Old Navy slips 2018

Kenneth Cole sneakers 2018 and more

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by shogsman(m): 11:40pm On Mar 08, 2020
erico2k2:

Told you grin grin
you are slow, WE ALL DO NOT LIVE IN THE SHYTE HOLE! am +0 GMT
Imagine this broke dunce actually bragging about living in the UK,that's a new low for anybody.don't quote me again.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by sunnyphem(m): 11:41pm On Mar 08, 2020
perfume

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 11:42pm On Mar 08, 2020
shogsman:

Imagine this broke dunce actually bragging about living in the UK,that's a new low for anybody.don't quote me again.
The penny don drop, Congrats U just realised U have been xtreemly stupid all this while, never knew it will take one foto to push U fru to the finish line, U see as U mu mu

4 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by akosanwafo: 11:43pm On Mar 08, 2020
Vitamin supplement and boxers
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 11:43pm On Mar 08, 2020
sunnyphem:
perfume
good one, I do that at Duty free,means u get to put it on ur carry on language,its a great gift for anyone as it is useful for the haves and the don't have! This is one thing I always get my mum without fail!

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Chigozie105(m): 11:44pm On Mar 08, 2020
Car

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Commentor: 11:45pm On Mar 08, 2020
Qathafi:
Some too-quick-to-conclude fellas will shout 'africans are too entitled.' When I play with my nephews and nieces, and juxtapose that with this question, only thing I can come up with is that most people get greedy when they're living outside because they know they don't need anything from folks home. They're not even staying with you so why should they care what you think? Others too are simply greedy from the onset.

My big brother has been in the states less than three years, and he's been so generous to us!

Some are generous and can afford to assist.

Some aren't generous even as they are buoyant.

Yet we have those who are genuinely unable.

There is even the remote case of those who are struggling yet go overboard to help.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by skyplustk(f): 11:46pm On Mar 08, 2020
erico2k2:

God bless ur hustle at least you show appreciation in deeds and in ur heart, this alone will gladen the woman's heart.
thanks sir
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by ensodev(m): 11:46pm On Mar 08, 2020
Guy, think more of what you can give then, by so doing you will be surprised what you get in return.

Give and it shall be given unto you.

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 11:46pm On Mar 08, 2020
Commentor:

Some are generous and can afford to assist.

Some aren't generous even as they are buoyant.

Yet we have those who are genuinely unable.

There is even the remote case of those who are struggling yet go overboard to help.
At the bolded that is a recipe for brokeness in the west!

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by greggng: 11:46pm On Mar 08, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:
Let me start my own this way, I know in this life nobody owes us anything but that doesn't mean our lives must always be about us and us alone. There's a blessing in giving.

I'm opportune to have an uncle who has stayed in US for more than 20 yrs now. He's a surgeon and one of the best in his field but the biggest gift I've received from him was 800 naira in 2007. Though he use to give me those big bargy trousers once in a while I still see the 8h as his biggest gift to me because trouser no be my problem.

Pls tell me your own.

Belt .....when I demanded for more, he warned me seriously never to be that bold ...

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 11:47pm On Mar 08, 2020
skyplustk:
thanks sir
UWC
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 11:48pm On Mar 08, 2020
greggng:

Belt .....when I demanded for more, he warned me seriously never to be that bold ...
Nah man ur brother B grin grin grin
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Commentor: 11:48pm On Mar 08, 2020
erico2k2:

At the bolded that is a recipe for brokeness in the west!

Some people have their spiritual home in their roots.

I know of people who do kpeke in the west, live a spartan life, yet invest in friends, family and properties back home.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by mayor10(m): 11:50pm On Mar 08, 2020
200$ ..na foolish people all of them be.

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 11:51pm On Mar 08, 2020
Commentor:

Some people have their spiritual home in their roots.

I know of people who do kpeke in the west, live a spartan life, yet invest in friends, family and properties back home.
I get you but my point is this, when you invest in people back home especially those who are not your primary family ie wife and kids, ur life will always be a struggle in the west, I repeat always be a struggle. have you not heard of people living abroad returning with one suitcase after 40 years with nothing to show for? I have a friend from being 20 years in German after 35 cars he met just one, abeg story plenty

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by grandstar(m): 11:52pm On Mar 08, 2020
erico2k2:

thats cool, in today's money it X470

This was 1998 or 1999. More like 200k in today's money £300 then can buy more than £300 now
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Teaser4(m): 11:53pm On Mar 08, 2020
my cousin gave me my first laptop, almost 10 years ago.

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 11:57pm On Mar 08, 2020
grandstar:

This was 1998 or 1999. More like 200k in today's money £300 then can buy more than £300 now
I know hence I said in today's money it is times 470 about N141K @ today's rate!
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Goalnaldo(m): 11:59pm On Mar 08, 2020
Ebonijay:
My sister in Houston just sent me N550,000 for rent. I work in a tax office where the salary is 70k monthly. She has really tried for me, I also got an iphone 7. She sents 70k monthly to augment my salary so at least money won't be a problem.
is she single? Asking for myself grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:59pm On Mar 08, 2020
Belt
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 12:00am On Mar 09, 2020
Goalnaldo:
is she single? Asking for myself grin grin
bad sharp guy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by ProdigalSaviour: 12:00am On Mar 09, 2020
So for leaving abroad he is owing you abi
They need not to give u gift
Your dad and mum are the only persons owing you on this earth.
Get it stuck in your brain

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Anjorson: 12:02am On Mar 09, 2020
20 billion dollars by Faith cool cool shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

'I Regret Pushing My Husband To Move Us From Okota To Lekki Phase 1' - Woman / I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit / My Aunt's Husband Is A Monitoring Demon.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.