Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? (53218 Views)

Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 08, 2020
lepasharon:

You're living in a place you can't afford all at your sister's expense

Rent in Lagos is really expensive now. She doesn't mind and she will stay with me when she visits.

8 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by kinglee007(m): 10:45pm On Mar 08, 2020
Relative: T-shirt and jean (a pair each). Friend: 20k

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Cmanforall: 10:45pm On Mar 08, 2020
DropsMic:

I was a kid then dumbo . And he was the one who asked us (i and my brothers) to write down what we wanted.
And you're still a kid.

Advice:
Learn to respond without insulting anybody.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 08, 2020
timesup234:
liar! You must be that ugly bitch stupidaddy

What is your problem?

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 08, 2020
LordAzubuike:

Have you played red dead Redemption 2.? That's arguably the most detailed and beat game ever made.
yes sir ...mad graphics...can't wait for 3

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 08, 2020
Well, i was given an oversized t shirt during my early teens with alphabets all over it, d annoying part is, even now in my 20s, d shirt can't still fit me grin. It's not like I even asked for anything

7 Likes

Rubbish!! what's the biggest gift you have ever given to your abroad relative? ewu gambia!!

5 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by UrVillagePpl: 10:47pm On Mar 08, 2020
I don't even have any abroad relative sef grin grin grin

tongue

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by omocalabar(m): 10:47pm On Mar 08, 2020
Face cap.. i still dey swear for that woman till today

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by wizod(m): 10:48pm On Mar 08, 2020
#60k
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by kay29000(m): 10:50pm On Mar 08, 2020
2 original Nastradamus CDs back in 2000. I became a Nas fan afterwards. Braveheart to the Graveyard.

6 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by shogsman(m): 10:50pm On Mar 08, 2020
erico2k2:

U dnt, how can U sell smthing that a person gifted to you,he might as well has sent you teh raw cash
So you expect me to be using a 1million naira + laptop as a day to day driver when I have a gtx1060 laptop that do just fine.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by EnterpriseMan: 10:50pm On Mar 08, 2020
A gaming laptop
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 08, 2020
Ebonijay:
My sister in Houston just sent me N550,000 for rent. I work in a tax office where the salary is 70k monthly. She has really tried for me, I also got an iphone 7. She sents 70k monthly to augment my salary so at least money won't be a problem.
550k? is that for a year? which part of lagos? a flat or...?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by shogsman(m): 10:52pm On Mar 08, 2020
Heistman:
yes sir ...mad graphics...can't wait for 3
Two is still fresh and you're saying you can't wait for 3 ,even GTA 5 of 7 years ago still doesn't have a successor, rd 3 is going to take at least 8-10 years.
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by handsomeyinka(m): 10:52pm On Mar 08, 2020
Stories
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by shogsman(m): 10:55pm On Mar 08, 2020
AfroKnight:
So many entitled people here. It’s so disgusting. Who do you think you are to expect gifts? One got 50k gift for his wedding and he’s still saying God is the true giver. We’re you expecting 2 million naira as a gift? Are you not ashamed of yourself for being so entitled?

Go and hustle. This thread is disgusting.
People like you are your oversabi sha,the op asked a simple question and you're ranting, just keep mute if you can't relate bros.no qualms

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Commentor: 10:55pm On Mar 08, 2020
timesup234:
liar! You must be that ugly bitch stupidaddy

And you think it is impossible?

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by xeros20(m): 10:55pm On Mar 08, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:
Let me start my own this way, I know in this life nobody owes us anything but that doesn't mean our lives must always be about us and us alone. There's a blessing in giving.

I'm opportune to have an uncle who has stayed in US for more than 20 yrs now. He's a surgeon and one of the best in his field but the biggest gift I've received from him was 800 naira in 2007. Though he use to give me those big bargy trousers once in a while I still see the 8h as his biggest gift to me because trouser no be my problem.

Pls tell me your own.
Some persons don't give untill you request. Have you requested any thing from him and he denied you? Don't wait until he will gift you just tell him what you want. Ask and it shall be given into you.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by nosapre(m): 10:55pm On Mar 08, 2020
shogsman:
ASUS ROG Zephyrus S Ultra rtx2080 for a late birthday gift late last year,and that was the first time I got gift from a relative,it set him back more than 3grand.
I sold it the same week I collected it,dude is still fighting with me till now,he said *I don’t value things.*

Yes don't!!!
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by kay29000(m): 10:56pm On Mar 08, 2020
Ebonijay:
My sister in Houston just sent me N550,000 for rent. I work in a tax office where the salary is 70k monthly. She has really tried for me, I also got an iphone 7. She sents 70k monthly to augment my salary so at least money won't be a problem.

Wow! Your sister is really trying o. You must be her favorite sibling.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Suremikky(m): 10:56pm On Mar 08, 2020
DropsMic:

In 2004 my uncle asked i and my brothers what we wanted him to get for us. Being teenagers then we asked for a console game... You won't believe this dude legit sent us a well packaged Family con.. I later sold it for 250 naira to one Wilson guy complete with the pad and infrared gun..

Thinking about it now, i feel if we had specified the type of game we wanted him for buy am because dude was rich

Bros familycon don extinct for 2004 jor...ee b like say na 1994 u wan talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 08, 2020
Omo na phone battery *sighs*
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Omoboy(m): 10:56pm On Mar 08, 2020
[quote author=Nn3muka post=87279603]perfume he bought at MMA
He tried

Appreciate
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by shogsman(m): 10:57pm On Mar 08, 2020
erico2k2:

U dnt, how can U sell smthing that a person gifted to you,he might as well has sent you teh raw cash
I don't ask him what he does with things I send him so I definitely do not expect him to question what I do With things he sends me.it becomes my to do whatever I want with the moment it got here.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by nedekid: 10:58pm On Mar 08, 2020
masterflowx:
My car!
Honda Accord 2014.
Though, I sent 50% of the money and he added the remaining one.
The car landed in 2017 and I'm still using it up till today as my one and only car.
9ja hard abeg, no money to buy another one yet...
That na betta relative jor. You are lucky.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Xcex: 10:58pm On Mar 08, 2020
I LMAO at some replies here......I have gotten much though from my Uncle though through me to my mum on a monthly basis when she was alive, recently got a good sneakers of above 20k from my cousin....
Last time my bestie went to UK for her master's and on getting back I asked for , a sneakers she opened up and told me things were not easy over there, took it in good faith, took her to Cinema and eatry on her arrival in lagos.

7 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by fisherboy: 11:00pm On Mar 08, 2020
grin ;Dhahaha mine was a gift in disguise, because this guy duped me 170,000 in 2006 together with other people too with the plan to help us move to Germany, only to leave us stranded in a hotel at Maryland Lagos all the way from port Harcourt.... but thank God he left us there an not in one of this desert like hear people go through to cross to Europe ;Dhahaha mine was a gift in disguise, because this guy duped me 170,000 in 2006 together with other people too with the plan to help us move to Germany, only to leave us stranded in a hotel at Maryland Lagos all the way from port Harcourt.... but thank God he left us there an not in one of this desert like hear people go through to cross to Europe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by shogsman(m): 11:00pm On Mar 08, 2020
nosapre:

Yes don't!!!
Y'all got this gift of a thing twisted,I send him stuffs too and I don't even ask what he does with it,so the same thing should apply to me,it's mine to do whatever I want to,so you expect me to just pack it and be staring at it because it's a gift.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 11:00pm On Mar 08, 2020
shogsman:

So you expect me to be using a 1million naira + laptop as a day to day driver when I have a gtx1060 laptop that do just fine.
In other words the value ur relative placed o n you is way more above the value you place on yourself if you put it that way cos from all indication, its a waste using the high spec when you got the low spec Ok mayB next time he should send the low spec!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Kenneygirl(f): 11:01pm On Mar 08, 2020
erico2k2:

She moved on, best U do same, life ain't fair! she made new friends
Yes. .we move

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 11:01pm On Mar 08, 2020
shogsman:

I don't ask him what he does with things I send him so I definitely do not expect him to question what I do With things he sends me.it becomes my to do whatever I want with the moment it got here.
erm I can't see where I said anyone was asking you what you did with the GIFT, I just think it's outright rude!

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Nigerians, We’ve Got A Sexuality Problem / "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo / I Think My Husband Scammed Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.