Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,692 members, 7,955,611 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:50 AM

Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? (60317 Views)

How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt / My Aunt's Husband Is A Monitoring Demon. / My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Oluwatunmise529(f): 8:52am On Mar 12, 2020
odinga1of:

How old are u? Did she have kids?

Am 21...yes she has a daughter
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 12, 2020
Oluwatunmise529:

Am 21 yrs .....just completed my Nd program

You're an adult now. Sweetie, don't be scared to make decisions for yourself, especially when it is best for you...just make sure you're always diplomatic and respectful when making crucial decisions.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by IDERAWOLE(m): 8:58am On Mar 12, 2020
donbachi:
Yes...run come my house.

Nobody likes what you're going through, however you need wisdom! Learn all you can, while your travails last, trust me, it won't be forever.

You're being prepared to be married to a greater man that your aunty will be ashamed to stand beside when it happens later.

More importantly, your understanding and state of mind will determine how you'll be able to cope.

Your age now, is also critical, you're close than before to your liberation.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by heywhya: 9:09am On Mar 12, 2020
You don't have to run away. Make her know that you can no longer tolerate her treatment hence you are leaving to your father's house. You don't have to run. You have right to your choice. OK.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by isax(m): 9:10am On Mar 12, 2020
OP i sympathize with you as regards this story you just shared.
Meanwhile Nairalanders, should we call her aunt and the aunt's husband to share their testimony?

If your story is true, i have this to tell you; 'Many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord delivers Him from them all'.
i cant read every other person's reply but what in have to say is ensure you stand through this trying times as tough times dont last as long as tough people do. God be with you sir/ma.

PS; give more details of yourself as regards whether you are still schooling, level of school, age, skills acquired etc So that some more good and guided advise can come.

1 Like

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Mizwisdom(f): 9:11am On Mar 12, 2020
Oblongata:
I love this dear... she is going through a process of being a mature lady, she might even come back and appreciate the aunt in the nearest future, who knows?

Mizwisdom + Oblongata =?

Willing to find out? wink

wink perfect match
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by ecstasy357(m): 9:20am On Mar 12, 2020
Oluwatunmise529:
Hi people

I live with my aunt who is a pastor's wife. I got there four months ago due to the fact that my dad had some problems then.

But the first day I got to my aunt's place, I got the shock of my life. The house was totally dirty, even the sink in kitchen was removing maggots. She told me to clean and wash everything but being my first time with her. I told her I can't do them. Then she said she would slap me if I don't do her wish. I ended up doing them and since then am being used like a slave.

When I told my dad about everything.. She told my dad I need home training that I can't do anything and my dad told me to stay since he doesn't want it to cause a rift between them.

My aunt am talking about is an elder sister to my late mom but the same father and different mothers. There was a day she told me my grandmother was a witch and she killed one of her children before she died and she uses my witch grandmom to describe me to people in the neighborhood. I always feel ashamed.

She has a daughter who doesn't cook and clean or do anything... I end up doing everything and still it isn't enough, at the end of the day she tells me am lazy... Am always afraid to look when I pass by a mirror because I always look so dirty and haggard. Just yesterday rain fell here and she left some things outside. I ran outside to take those things inside and the next thing she did was rain insults on me because of that..

She has never raised her hands on me but only maltreat me.. I cried myself to sleep..I was always a jovial person before but now am always crying and moody and am beginning to hate her.

I don't laugh at all anymore even at funny things.. I only have hatred for her and her family...I don't want to hate anyone and I want to go back home and be myself again....am planning to run away now but am really scared of the outcome...
Worst is everyone thinks she is a good person because she is a pastor wife....

Am so fed up and always unhappy... Someone pls help me

It is going to get better.

I had a similar experience but right I am her go to guy. She is now doing everything to win my affection.

I have forgiven her but it's an experience I cant forget.

My dear, God will lift you higher.... It is a phase and it will surely pass.

I'd like to speak with you privately

3 Likes

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Lexusgs430: 9:32am On Mar 12, 2020
Oluwatunmise529:
Hi people

I live with my aunt who is a pastor's wife. I got there four months ago due to the fact that my dad had some problems then.

But the first day I got to my aunt's place, I got the shock of my life. The house was totally dirty, even the sink in kitchen was removing maggots. She told me to clean and wash everything but being my first time with her. I told her I can't do them. Then she said she would slap me if I don't do her wish. I ended up doing them and since then am being used like a slave.

When I told my dad about everything.. She told my dad I need home training that I can't do anything and my dad told me to stay since he doesn't want it to cause a rift between them.

My aunt am talking about is an elder sister to my late mom but the same father and different mothers. There was a day she told me my grandmother was a witch and she killed one of her children before she died and she uses my witch grandmom to describe me to people in the neighborhood. I always feel ashamed.

She has a daughter who doesn't cook and clean or do anything... I end up doing everything and still it isn't enough, at the end of the day she tells me am lazy... Am always afraid to look when I pass by a mirror because I always look so dirty and haggard. Just yesterday rain fell here and she left some things outside. I ran outside to take those things inside and the next thing she did was rain insults on me because of that..

She has never raised her hands on me but only maltreat me.. I cried myself to sleep..I was always a jovial person before but now am always crying and moody and am beginning to hate her.

I don't laugh at all anymore even at funny things.. I only have hatred for her and her family...I don't want to hate anyone and I want to go back home and be myself again....am planning to run away now but am really scared of the outcome...

You don't have to run away, just go back to your father's house.......

If the road ahead is blocked, simply turn back........
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Oluwatunmise529(f): 9:39am On Mar 12, 2020
SeedofDavid:

You have a smartphone right? Are you actively looking for a job? You need to expose a little more of the things you are going through so people know how best to advise you. Like on why you can't go back to your dad's, was it your aunt that requested you come stay with her? and other issues.

I can't go out of the house except to church.... And she said I can stay with her when my dad asked her but she behaves so nice when she visit us
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Oluwatunmise529(f): 9:40am On Mar 12, 2020
GraGra247:

What of your mom can't she help?

Please report that wicked aunt to welfare or child abuse. Search their number on Google.

My problem is that if you run, you will most likely fall into wrong hands. Men will abuse you and incurable STD.

Please call all your uncles and aunties and village people and tell them what you're passing through.

Don't let anyone silence you. Talk till someone will bring you help.
My mum is late
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by CuteYvonne777: 9:46am On Mar 12, 2020
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 12, 2020
Oluwatunmise529:
Hi people

Flee
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Codyt(m): 9:50am On Mar 12, 2020
Ishilove:
She had been online but hasn't made any comment or responded to people's questions.

I will keep my views to myself because Nairaland has taught me there are 3 sides to every story.
If you were in her shoes, what comment in particular would you have replied to lol?

What are the 3 sides of a story if I may ask?
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by merits(m): 9:53am On Mar 12, 2020
Oluwatunmise529:
Hi people

You are liein because if you had been maltreated you wouldn't be able to get money to buy data and type rubbished here.

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by kurlz(f): 9:55am On Mar 12, 2020
Oluwatunmise529:

My father is not having financial challenges
He sends me money at least every week

Find an excuse to leave the house and never return. Easter is coming tell her you are going home for easter even if she doesn't approve still go. And don't ever return.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Ishilove: 9:56am On Mar 12, 2020
Codyt:

If you were in her shoes, what comment in particular would you have replied to lol?
Someone asked for her age, no response.

What are the 3 sides of a story if I may ask?
Her side, her aunt's side and the truth.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by babsthegreat: 9:56am On Mar 12, 2020
dont leave
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by odinga1of: 10:01am On Mar 12, 2020
Oluwatunmise529:

Am 21...yes she has a daughter

And her daughter can't wash plates before u came
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by solonubinho(m): 10:03am On Mar 12, 2020
Please leave. If staying there makes you feel less than you are, leave. You owe no one an explanation.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by shobam1410(m): 10:05am On Mar 12, 2020
Oluwatunmise529:

Am 21 yrs .....just completed my Nd program
At 21 you're an adult. where are you presently located? As an adult,the decision to stay or leave is fully yours. You can go back to your dad or friends without without seeking her permission. all you owe her is to just inform her. Never run away.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by middlebelter(m): 10:06am On Mar 12, 2020
Oluwatunmise529:
Hi people

It is unfortunate that you are a victim of family circumstances. You acn however turn the story around and make the best out of it. First start praying fervently for God to lead you and intervene immediately. One God can touch her heart if it His wish for you to stay there or God can visit your father with blessings that will require you to go back home.
You perhaps need to tell your father that you wish to return home before the situation becomes unmanageable.

1 Like

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Lambertnuel: 10:22am On Mar 12, 2020
You ain't a baby anymore ,u said u 21yrs n done with your ND ,xo go out and look for a means to survive ,or keep working for them for free !! Japa
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Codyt(m): 10:33am On Mar 12, 2020
Ishilove:

Someone asked for her age, no response.

Her side, her aunt's side and the truth.
Well, I understand. True though
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Vabasi(m): 10:36am On Mar 12, 2020
justnock:

how old are you and are you done with high school?

Same Question I wanted to ask
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Thegents6: 10:40am On Mar 12, 2020
For you to write this on nairaland, that means you have a browsing phone and browsing phones have recorder. Why not record some of the abuse and blackmail her undecided angry .
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by SpeakOut007: 10:50am On Mar 12, 2020
NextD18:
Parents should stop bringing kids to this world if they can't cater for them.

Them go just dey born anyhow as investment come dey suffer am unnecessarily. angry

Look at this lady suffering emotionally and psychologically in the hands of another woman when she has parents, but her parents will be the first to open their hands should a rich man come to marry her.

Can you read?
Her mother is late, and her father has been catering for her until things became very tough.
No one wishes to go through such harsh situations. This is where a good family is needed, so the man can run around to get on his feet, apparently, this one is quite the opposite.

1 Like

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by EliteDude(m): 11:05am On Mar 12, 2020
LordKO:
You've a very bad character. Eschew conceit if you wish to progress in life. I don't care whether your aunt intentionally left her house dirty or not prior to your arrival there - I don't hold brief for her though - but the fact that you disobeyed her request to clean the house, out of conceit, says a lot about how bad your character is. Obedience is better than sacrifice hence more glorifying.

Citing your said conceited attitude a lone, I don't have any reason to believe that your aunt is evil as you've painted her - only her husband can make me to believe otherwise in this regard.

You spoke my mind bro.

3 Likes

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by EliteDude(m): 11:09am On Mar 12, 2020
shobam1410:
At 21 you're an adult. where are you presently located? As an adult,the decision to stay or leave is fully yours. You can go back to your dad or friends without without seeking her permission. all you owe her is to just inform her. Never run away.

You still have lots to learn in life girl. Humble yourself, become her ally. Sometimes it is wisdom you need.

Befriend your Aunt, see yourself as her helper, a God sent Angel. Don't underestimate the power of humility oo. And don't compare the treatment she mates on her daughter with yours.

1 Like

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by benebaby77: 11:22am On Mar 12, 2020
lordlek:

My dear , please just endure whatever she slash at you not everything in this life is rosy as you think.

"You will be a-better-person than her daughter"
Just pray for things to turn out good for your father

Please, don't listen to this advice. It does you more harm than good.

Your continued staying with your auntie will affect your self-esteem and make you question your self worth. Such auntie will hardly appreciate you and thinking that she's doing a favour.

From what you wrote, you have begun entering into depression and you might see "death" as your only saving grace as you may deem that your life is not worthwhile.

Please, go back to your father house as soon as possible and continue to endure your life and be jovial as you used to be.

I wish you best of luck in all endeavours....
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by litaninja(m): 11:27am On Mar 12, 2020
So people like you that don't have sense are plenty online like this

LordKO:
You've a very bad character. Eschew conceit if you wish to progress in life. I don't care whether your aunt intentionally left her house dirty or not prior to your arrival there - I don't hold brief for her though - but the fact that you disobeyed her request to clean the house, out of conceit, says a lot about how bad your character is. Obedience is better than sacrifice hence more glorifying.

Citing your said conceited attitude a lone, I don't have any reason to believe that your aunt is evil as you've painted her - only her husband can make me to believe otherwise in this regard.

1 Like

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by okus17: 11:27am On Mar 12, 2020
LordKO:

You must be a very bad and stupid person for judging this girl like this... Do you know what it takes to come out to speak. This girl is foing through alot as I feel, who knows that is how you treat your own housemaids or families at the comfort of your kids. Rubbish!!!!

1 Like

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by litaninja(m): 11:28am On Mar 12, 2020
Being prepared to be married. So, that's a sole goal in life? This marriage don do una strong tin for Nigeria.

IDERAWOLE:

Nobody likes what you're going through, however you need wisdom! Learn all you can, while your travails last, trust me, it won't be forever.

You're being prepared to be married to a greater man that your aunty will be ashamed to stand beside when it happens later.

More importantly, your understanding and state of mind will determine how you'll be able to cope.

Your age now, is also critical, you're close than before to your liberation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Lady Calls Woman To Hurl Insults At Her, Vows To Continue Sleeping With Her Husb / Photo Of A Man Kissing His Daughter Generates Mix Reactions / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.