Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? (59238 Views)

How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt / My Aunt's Husband Is A Monitoring Demon. / My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by desireoge(f): 7:09am On Mar 12, 2020
LordKO:
You've a very bad character. Eschew conceit if you wish to progress in life. I don't care whether your aunt intentionally left her house dirty or not prior to your arrival there - I don't hold brief for her though - but the fact that you disobeyed her request to clean the house, out of conceit, says a lot about how bad your character is. Obedience is better than sacrifice hence more glorifying.

Citing your said conceited attitude a lone, I don't have any reason to believe that your aunt is evil as you've painted her - only her husband can make me to believe otherwise in this regard.
She lacks manners I swear. You expect a woman that'll feed you for as long as you are in her house to wash plates and serve you while you sit and watch undecided. Something she should have done to earn the woman's respect without anyone asking for it.

5 Likes

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Dpundict: 7:28am On Mar 12, 2020
The easiest way to break a man is emotional abuse. I was a victim of it in my cousin's house and even my elder brother's house. It hurts so bad that after you leave the house you can never be the same again. I mean, damaged forever. If it is too much for you to bear, please go home to your parents. It is better than living the rest of your life hating and every day remembering sad moments whenever someone says or does something that reminds you of the past. Remember, it is easier to forgive than forget. I have been there and today I am still being emotionally tortured even when I am now on my own by memories of the past.

1 Like

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Aleora(f): 7:31am On Mar 12, 2020
LordKO:
some aunt are devil from hell........why she no give her pikin make she clean before the gal arrive?see let's call a spade a spade...my friend elder sister
Not even aunty this time,did worse than that,she got admission into uniabuja to study law after living with her for 8 years,for her jamb my mum paid for it when her aunts husband said he doesn't have money at that time for the jamb. Right in her prescence her aunt said if you go now,who will take care of my children?that was the question she asked my friend ,and told her husband not to pay a dime for her sister,she as done a lot of things,when I say things,that woman is extremely wicked....that broke my friends heart,she packed her things when her sister went to the shop and left,back to the village...she is married now,and you have no idea how much she hates her sister and her children....so op should go back to her dad...one thing have learn so far is that if you decide to treat people the same way thy treat you,you will discover most them can't take half of the shit thy throw at you......nothing to defend this aunty...she is practically wicked.....

Two wrongs don't make a right. Once more, obedience is better than sacrifice hence more glorifying. Assuming that she cleaned the house as the aunt requested or diplomatically turned her down, I wouldn't have had any reason to doubt her reasonableness. So citing her stated conceited attitude, it's very obvious to me that every other negative thing she said about the aunt may not be true.

I don't hold brief for the aunt, like I said before.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by zinny377(f): 7:32am On Mar 12, 2020
sisisioge:

Chai! Broda, yes she might have been wrong by refusing to clean up ( I even construe her response as being unable/unskilled in cleaning up), however, aunty has her own children too who obviously need home training. I understand her because I once experienced something similar when my sister and I went to spend only 90 days with my father's sister for Jamb lessons. She practically turned us to her maids while her daughters who were in the same age group as us were left to do nothing! We were all teenagers who would rather be lazy but dear aunty chose to teach only my sister and I "home" training! . It was so sad because that singular experience changed everything for us. Needless to say that our relationship was ruined forever because of those three months!

Biko, let everybody go back to their father's house! The way child A was conceived was same as child B, why treat them differently?

God bless you...

I have been there so i can relate
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Evidenx(m): 7:32am On Mar 12, 2020
Oluwatunmise529:
Hi people

I live with my aunt who is a pastor's wife. I got there four months ago due to the fact that my dad had some problems then.

But the first day I got to my aunt's place, I got the shock of my life. The house was totally dirty, even the sink in kitchen was removing maggots. She told me to clean and wash everything but being my first time with her. I told her I can't do them. Then she said she would slap me if I don't do her wish. I ended up doing them and since then am being used like a slave.

When I told my dad about everything.. She told my dad I need home training that I can't do anything and my dad told me to stay since he doesn't want it to cause a rift between them.

My aunt am talking about is an elder sister to my late mom but the same father and different mothers. There was a day she told me my grandmother was a witch and she killed one of her children before she died and she uses my witch grandmom to describe me to people in the neighborhood. I always feel ashamed.

She has a daughter who doesn't cook and clean or do anything... I end up doing everything and still it isn't enough, at the end of the day she tells me am lazy... Am always afraid to look when I pass by a mirror because I always look so dirty and haggard. Just yesterday rain fell here and she left some things outside. I ran outside to take those things inside and the next thing she did was rain insults on me because of that..

She has never raised her hands on me but only maltreat me.. I cried myself to sleep..I was always a jovial person before but now am always crying and moody and am beginning to hate her.

I don't laugh at all anymore even at funny things.. I only have hatred for her and her family...I don't want to hate anyone and I want to go back home and be myself again....am planning to run away now but am really scared of the outcome...
Worst is everyone thinks she is a good person because she is a pastor wife....

Am so fed up and always unhappy... Someone pls help me
HOW OLD ARE YOU AND WHICH STATE ARE YOU PRESENTLY STAYING?

SEND ME AN EMAIL. I CAN BE OF HELP.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by JamesBond008(m): 7:33am On Mar 12, 2020
LordKO:

How you and me go take know say she be young adult as she no come tell us her age. And if she be young adult self na that one go vex me pass citing her conceited attitude. Whatever she has passed through afterward that incident is punishment proceeds of her first offense.

I don't still hold brief for the aunt

Why would an Aunt (supposedly this story) is true make a neice to clean a dirty kitchen on the first day of arrival? Just why?? What kind of "Testing Apparatus" is that?.

Would the Aunt had wished a family member to do same to her own daughter on the first day? Such inclinations send out so many red flags....
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Oblongata: 7:36am On Mar 12, 2020
Mizwisdom:
Ordinary insult? something you can be humming tunes in your heart while she's talking without her hearing it? you better get a hold of yourself. Find out what her plans are for your future. If your Father can't afford to feed you, you better relax and endure for now don't go and fall into wrong hands o, it's better than servicing 10 men in one day, be wise
I love this dear... she is going through a process of being a mature lady, she might even come back and appreciate the aunt in the nearest future, who knows?

Mizwisdom + Oblongata =?

Willing to find out? wink

1 Like

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by ruggedtimi(m): 7:39am On Mar 12, 2020
Oluwatunmise529:
Hi people

I live with my aunt who is a pastor's wife. I got there four months ago due to the fact that my dad had some problems then.

But the first day I got to my aunt's place, I got the shock of my life. The house was totally dirty, even the sink in kitchen was removing maggots. She told me to clean and wash everything but being my first time with her. I told her I can't do them. Then she said she would slap me if I don't do her wish. I ended up doing them and since then am being used like a slave.

When I told my dad about everything.. She told my dad I need home training that I can't do anything and my dad told me to stay since he doesn't want it to cause a rift between them.

My aunt am talking about is an elder sister to my late mom but the same father and different mothers. There was a day she told me my grandmother was a witch and she killed one of her children before she died and she uses my witch grandmom to describe me to people in the neighborhood. I always feel ashamed.

She has a daughter who doesn't cook and clean or do anything... I end up doing everything and still it isn't enough, at the end of the day she tells me am lazy... Am always afraid to look when I pass by a mirror because I always look so dirty and haggard. Just yesterday rain fell here and she left some things outside. I ran outside to take those things inside and the next thing she did was rain insults on me because of that..

She has never raised her hands on me but only maltreat me.. I cried myself to sleep..I was always a jovial person before but now am always crying and moody and am beginning to hate her.

I don't laugh at all anymore even at funny things.. I only have hatred for her and her family...I don't want to hate anyone and I want to go back home and be myself again....am planning to run away now but am really scared of the outcome...

Babe or guy Run for your life, because in that house your life will not improve. But you get mind to tell your aunty ''you cant''.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 12, 2020
Oluwatunmise529

Endure it all.

If your dad could afford to keep you, you won't be there.

Adversity makes a man...or a woman.

Build your character from there.

Learn humility, endurance, patience and hardwork/industry from that house.

These virtues will eventually see you through life.

You won't be the first to go through such.

Unless you want to go back home and be a burden to your father who might be struggling to feed and house himself.

Whatever the wan throws at you, take it in your stride as payment for living under her roof and eating her food free.

If she or her husband begins to molest you physically or sexually, then I'll suggest you go back to your dad.

But if it is household chores, do them without resentment. Don't compare yourself to her children.

Always remember that adversities, like good times, don't last forever.

Build your strength and your character from there.

Oluwa a tun e se o.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by AmazingELixir: 7:47am On Mar 12, 2020
undecided undecided undecided

Lazy slay queen, I think it is because she doesn't allow you the opportunity to slay around that's why you find her guardianship unfavourable.

You even had the effrontery to talk back at your aunt that you wouldn't carry out an assigned task when you are not in your father's house, only goes to show you are a spoilt brat and you should count yourself lucky she didn't throw you out that same day.

Some girls of this days are prune and lack proper home training, very lazy things.....see her mouth like the house is very dirty.....sigh#
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by saajus: 7:54am On Mar 12, 2020
Why are you staying with her family, not your parents?
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Fixed: 7:57am On Mar 12, 2020
LordKO:

Since you believe in assumption and since you want me to believe that you aren't discerning enough to see through the conceited attitude she exhibited, I don't see the need to answer you properly. No vex you hear.

Guy did you just learn how to use "conceited attitude" ni? You are just shouting conceited attitude all over the thread.

1 Like

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by hardon1(m): 8:05am On Mar 12, 2020
NextD18:
Parents should stop bringing kids to this world if they can't cater for them.

Them go just dey born anyhow as investment come dey suffer am unnecessarily. angry

Look at this lady suffering emotionally and psychologically in the hands of another woman when she has parents, but her parents will be the first to open their hands should a rich man come to marry her.

why are you being naive. e no get person wey born pikin with out good intention of training him/her. one may have an excellent job or thriving business today and lose it years down the line making difficulty to set it. its doesnt mean such person didnt intend to cater for the family in the first plave. no one knows tomorrow, people face difficulties atimes

1 Like

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by adesbreath: 8:07am On Mar 12, 2020
pocohantas:
At least you have option of running away.

What of her poor husband? How has the man been coping bikonu??

Or has he run away too?

Which poor husband..wetin do him legs?
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Nicoddemus(m): 8:23am On Mar 12, 2020
The damage that woman will do your emotional and psychological wellbeing eh....... your self esteem, you'll realize it after 15years from now angry. You're talking a very big risk staying another day with her. That woman will destroy you o. I repeat that woman will destroy you o. I know that depth of what I'm talking about
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Oluwatunmise529(f): 8:23am On Mar 12, 2020
justnock:

how old are you and are you done with high school?

Am 21 yrs .....just completed my Nd program
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Oluwatunmise529(f): 8:24am On Mar 12, 2020
Davash222:
How about the pastor, her husband? Is he aware of all these?

Yes....he is aware
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by mechanics(m): 8:26am On Mar 12, 2020
What's the problem your dad has that made him do let you stay in your aunt's house, even if there should be a problem, he shouldn't allow you to stay that long outside being that you are a lady, it's better to let her husband know of your travail so he will act on time.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Aladdin1(m): 8:29am On Mar 12, 2020
Weaklings everywhere!.lazy weaklings for that matter.any small thing they want to run away.some people endued worse things in their own biological parents house.and they never complained for once.you are been fed and accomodated and simply domestic work is making you rave.what about young girls who do house helps for other people that are total strangers. how do they survive and manage to appear neat? i see you are a stubborn,lazy,weakminded and vengeful young girl.and you have just succeeded in painting your aunty black before the world.dont ur aunty go to work? do you do chores from morning to night? dont they feed you? does she beat you? why does she always have to shout on you or insult you? how come you always deliberately appear dirty and unkempt becos of just domestic work? these are questions you should answer in your mind if you are sincere.

1 Like

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by B0rn2winxxx: 8:31am On Mar 12, 2020
Oblongata:
I love this dear... she is going through a process of being a mature lady, she might even come back and appreciate the aunt in the nearest future, who knows?

Mizwisdom + Oblongata =?

Willing to find out? wink

Your a pucsy niggha..

1 Like

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by iammiracle1(m): 8:32am On Mar 12, 2020
Fixed:

Guy did you just learn how to use[b] "conceited attitude" [/b]ni? You are just shouting conceited attitude all over the thread.

The thing vex me no be small grin another one nah "I don't hold brief for the aunt though" all the while trying to dumb down the poor girls pain...Ni**er please angry
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Oluwatunmise529(f): 8:36am On Mar 12, 2020
NextD18:

Them go just dey born anyhow as investment come dey suffer am unnecessarily. angry

Look at this lady suffering emotionally and psychologically in the hands of another woman when she has parents, but her parents will be the first to open their hands should a rich man come to marry her.

My father is not having financial challenges
He sends me money at least every week
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by frozen70(f): 8:37am On Mar 12, 2020
Oluwatunmise529:
Hi people

You didn't mention the following

What took you to her house

Why did your father ask you to remain there

What is your present stand in life academic wise

Why not stay with your father

If you don't have any important reason to be in her house and you can still go to your father house, pls pack out before she pulls you out

Just politely tell her you want to go home to to your dad she has no right to tell you not to go

As you are telling her make sure your bag is hanging on your shoulder and make sure you don't ask her for transport fair

But if you don't have any money with you, you can solicit from your neighbours and beg them to keep it secret
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by SeedofDavid: 8:38am On Mar 12, 2020
Oluwatunmise529:

Am 21 yrs .....just completed my Nd program
You have a smartphone right? Are you actively looking for a job? You need to expose a little more of the things you are going through so people know how best to advise you. Like on why you can't go back to your dad's, was it your aunt that requested you come stay with her? and other issues.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by SavageMaster: 8:40am On Mar 12, 2020
NextD18:

She said she went to live with her aunt because her Dad had some problems. Probably financial. He had been taking care of her before then. Don't blame the man too much.

I guess her Mom is late; she made no mention of her in the post

1 Like

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by frozen70(f): 8:41am On Mar 12, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
you can either go back home to your father and suffer there or be quiet and accept your evil aunt's treatment and suffer there... the choice is yours.

Is better to suffer in your father's house rather than suffering in a relation house
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by frozen70(f): 8:43am On Mar 12, 2020
Davash222:
How about the pastor, her husband? Is he aware of all these?

Most times, men don't have idea of what is happening and when they know, they are always weak to act because they want to avoid the woman trouble at home

Besides, if the person in question is from the woman family, the men become observers and if the from the mans family, he advices the girl goes back to her family
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Oluwatunmise529(f): 8:45am On Mar 12, 2020
AfroKnight:

But it doesn’t apply here. This girl says she’s saddled with domestic chores. A family that eats out cannot decide overnight to eat the cooking of a stranger.

Her story does not add up. She’s lying or hiding essential parts of the story.

They store plates in the kitchen and wash only the one they use to eat that moment and leave the rest to stink....
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Oluwatunmise529(f): 8:49am On Mar 12, 2020
AfroKnight:

A stranger in the sense that she just joined the home.

I know her well before..she comes to my father's house to visit when my mum was still alive
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by GraGra247(m): 8:49am On Mar 12, 2020
Oluwatunmise529:

My father is not having financial challenges
He sends me money at least every week

What of your mom can't she help?

Please report that wicked aunt to welfare or child abuse. Search their number on Google.

My problem is that if you run, you will most likely fall into wrong hands. Men will abuse you and incurable STD.

Please call all your uncles and aunties and village people and tell them what you're passing through.

Don't let anyone silence you. Talk till someone will bring you help.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by AfroKnight: 8:49am On Mar 12, 2020
Oluwatunmise529:

They store plates in the kitchen and wash only the one they use to eat that moment and leave the rest to stink....

Complete bullshît. Tell us another story abeg.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Oluwatunmise529(f): 8:50am On Mar 12, 2020
AfroKnight:

A stranger in the sense that she just joined the home.

I know her well before.... She come to visit us when my mum was still alive

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

He Got Me Pregnant And Left Me To Suffer / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do / Photo: If Your Visitor Throws Your Child Up Like This, What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.