Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? (59233 Views)

How Can I Reject This Money From My Aunt / My Aunt's Husband Is A Monitoring Demon. / My Aunt Doesn't Want Me To Discipline Her Children. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by LordKO(m): 2:36am On Mar 12, 2020
Yangami:

One of the dumbest comment I have read in a while. You are capable of doing same. I am well domesticated but don’t tell me to do your house chores the first day I visit you. I won’t too or do it grudgingly if I must

Say hello to your fellow bumpkins and direct your further mention(s) to them too.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Soar2019: 2:38am On Mar 12, 2020
* Going to that house is part of your life scripts .. you MUST stay there and enjoy the rhythm of life.
* Training is hard but worth it at the end
* all those things u mentioned are just daily house cores which u will end doing for yourself when u grow up ( nothing special ) in your story ...
* check out the ‘making’ of guitar or drums or any musical instrument .. they all went thru hell .. but now when played, people dance to them ... enjoy the hardship .. set a colorful future before urself .. one day you will arrive and tell the story...
Hardship often prepare ordinary people for extraordinary destinies ...

1 Like

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by lighternote: 3:34am On Mar 12, 2020
Arsenate:

This guy go just dey blow grammar everytime. Sometimes he makes sense, sometimes he sounds so dumb even with the big big English. This is one of the times you sound so dumb sir.

Exactly! Mtcheeeww! The guy has no idea what emotional and psychological abuse is. The poor victim might become traumatized for life cry
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Jabioro: 3:44am On Mar 12, 2020
NextD18:
Parents should stop bringing kids to this world if they can't cater for them.

Them go just dey born anyhow as investment come dey suffer am unnecessarily. angry

Look at this lady suffering emotionally and psychologically in the hands of another woman when she has parents, but her parents will be the first to open their hands should a rich man come to marry her.
You talked like a kid.Things maybe right for the parent today and some how it may go south ...no one knows tomorrow except God.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by sisisioge: 3:55am On Mar 12, 2020
Raalsalghul:

Too many "Bikos" in your comments these days, is that the new "Fa"? undecided

No fa...biko is just another endeared fancy Igbo word that means please.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Femi960: 4:31am On Mar 12, 2020
From your first statement, you are the one that initiated the problem you are facing now, as a woman she gave you first assignment and you ignore it, you have sent wrong signal and that reveal the kind of person you are even she is not a pastor wife we all vein that blood pass through it. When you are living with a person ,you have to be hardworking than before because you enjoy meals,accomadtion,you are part of the budget of that family. So I will advice you to endure it because you going through the training of live. Moreover some of ladies are very lazy this days, even without telling you ,you seen dirtiness ,you suppose clean it up without telling you, you could have won golden opportunity that day

1 Like

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Nobody: 4:48am On Mar 12, 2020
If you have never been abused in the name of home training, Nairalanders, you will never understand the plight of the Op.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Mrhonesty: 4:54am On Mar 12, 2020
LordKO:
You've a very bad character. Eschew conceit if you wish to progress in life. I don't care whether your aunt intentionally left her house dirty or not prior to your arrival there - I don't hold brief for her though - but the fact that you disobeyed her request to clean the house, out of conceit, says a lot about how bad your character is. Obedience is better than sacrifice hence more glorifying.

Citing your said conceited attitude a lone, I don't have any reason to believe that your aunt is evil as you've painted her - only her husband can make me to believe otherwise in this regard.

God bless you. You said it all. She lacks good manner. When she refused the stinking sink, did she eat any food in the dirty house?

4 Likes

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by olumzzz(m): 4:57am On Mar 12, 2020
pocohantas:
At least you have option of running away.

What of her poor husband? How has the man been coping bikonu??

Or has he run away too?
Madam let's not always conclude in haste. Always remember that there are two sides to a story.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by DMCY: 5:20am On Mar 12, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
you can either go back home to your father and suffer there or be quiet and accept your evil aunt's treatment and suffer there... the choice is yours.
If she goes back home na suffer, if she stays na another suffer

To the vanity upon vanity crew

Abeg help her choose her vanity wisely grin cheesy

I still believe this is made up tho undecided undecided
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Justice009(m): 5:28am On Mar 12, 2020
Needless to say that our relationship was ruined forever because of those three months
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Jms85(m): 5:38am On Mar 12, 2020
Oluwatunmise529:
Hi people

I live with my aunt who is a pastor's wife. I got there four months ago due to the fact that my dad had some problems then.

But the first day I got to my aunt's place, I got the shock of my life. The house was totally dirty, even the sink in kitchen was removing maggots. She told me to clean and wash everything but being my first time with her. I told her I can't do them. Then she said she would slap me if I don't do her wish. I ended up doing them and since then am being used like a slave.

When I told my dad about everything.. She told my dad I need home training that I can't do anything and my dad told me to stay since he doesn't want it to cause a rift between them.

My aunt am talking about is an elder sister to my late mom but the same father and different mothers. There was a day she told me my grandmother was a witch and she killed one of her children before she died and she uses my witch grandmom to describe me to people in the neighborhood. I always feel ashamed.

She has a daughter who doesn't cook and clean or do anything... I end up doing everything and still it isn't enough, at the end of the day she tells me am lazy... Am always afraid to look when I pass by a mirror because I always look so dirty and haggard. Just yesterday rain fell here and she left some things outside. I ran outside to take those things inside and the next thing she did was rain insults on me because of that..

She has never raised her hands on me but only maltreat me.. I cried myself to sleep..I was always a jovial person before but now am always crying and moody and am beginning to hate her.

I don't laugh at all anymore even at funny things.. I only have hatred for her and her family...I don't want to hate anyone and I want to go back home and be myself again....am planning to run away now but am really scared of the outcome...
Worst is everyone thinks she is a good person because she is a pastor wife....

Am so fed up and always unhappy... Someone pls help me
Go back to ur dad....or try speak wit an elder in Church to talk to her....if it doesn't work..pls u HV to leave,but to a safer place...
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by tonididdy(m): 5:40am On Mar 12, 2020
This is the reason I have 50% love only for "my mother most esp".... because I haven't felt or experienced her sacrifices for me while growing up.

When people are praising and missing their mother's I cannot say same with a whole heart. If I do it's just from my mouth and not my heart.

Giving kids to friend or families to raise is a taboo for me. I will never ever do it. I am a first hand experience and I know what the " Caretaker parent" Agenda always is "you must not be better than her children", they will do anything to frustrate you.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by akinnawo004: 5:40am On Mar 12, 2020
To u it might be like hell but God is breaking u and also making u for the future, to be a good house wife material. Nothing like punishment sometime in life it is the way will see things and respond to it. Av been in ur shoe too quite some years ago with my aunt, to me then it was punishment but today it paid me off.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by placeofallure(f): 5:49am On Mar 12, 2020
OceanOfJoy:

Did you just say ordinary insult? It's called verbal n emotional abuse.

It is not ordinary o. I remember when I was growing up and even now, I prefer you to carry cane and beat me. I hate being talked at. My mum knows this cos she always says: ...and mouth no dey touch you now...

Trust me, it can wreck someone's self esteem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Originalsly: 5:54am On Mar 12, 2020
Oluwatunmise529:

I got there four months ago due to the fact that my dad had some problems then.

She told me to clean and wash everything but being my first time with her.

I told her I can't do them.

What problems your father be having that he sent you to live with this wicked aunt? From your own writing... I want to believe he knows about the aunt and sent you there for 'home training'. First time.... you are telling your aunt.... an elder.... that you can't wash dishes? I guess you been doing what you want... talk to anyone anyhow... including your father... in a nutshell... you have no respect for anyone. Your father sent you to your aunt for you to get respect by force. If it is yournfw5h34 has a new wife.... then it is for you to choose if you would show her respect.... live in misery with your aunt... or just run away thinking life would be better on the streets.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by mormoney85(m): 6:20am On Mar 12, 2020
am a Christian but i am always telling people to run away from pastor and their family when it comes to business or deals they will always want to cheat on you in everything and cover it up with bible and quotations 90 percent of Nigerian pastors dont keep to their words jst give a Nigerian pastor money either by borrowing or to keep for u when is time to pay u back then u will start hearing stories n their home r naturally dirty
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by 10Dove(m): 6:21am On Mar 12, 2020
LordKO:

Two wrongs don't make a right. Once more, obedience is better than sacrifice hence more glorifying. Assuming that she cleaned the house as the aunt requested or diplomatically turned her down, I wouldn't have had any reason to doubt her reasonableness. So citing her stated conceited attitude, it's very obvious to me that every other negative thing she said about the aunt may not be true.

I don't hold brief for the aunt, like I said before.
This type of Obedience may lead ti slavery/slave trade.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Amumaigwe: 6:31am On Mar 12, 2020
Oluwatunmise529:
Hi people

I live with my aunt who is a pastor's wife. I got there four months ago due to the fact that my dad had some problems then.

But the first day I got to my aunt's place, I got the shock of my life. The house was totally dirty, even the sink in kitchen was removing maggots. She told me to clean and wash everything but being my first time with her. I told her I can't do them. Then she said she would slap me if I don't do her wish. I ended up doing them and since then am being used like a slave.

When I told my dad about everything.. She told my dad I need home training that I can't do anything and my dad told me to stay since he doesn't want it to cause a rift between them.

My aunt am talking about is an elder sister to my late mom but the same father and different mothers. There was a day she told me my grandmother was a witch and she killed one of her children before she died and she uses my witch grandmom to describe me to people in the neighborhood. I always feel ashamed.

She has a daughter who doesn't cook and clean or do anything... I end up doing everything and still it isn't enough, at the end of the day she tells me am lazy... Am always afraid to look when I pass by a mirror because I always look so dirty and haggard. Just yesterday rain fell here and she left some things outside. I ran outside to take those things inside and the next thing she did was rain insults on me because of that..

She has never raised her hands on me but only maltreat me.. I cried myself to sleep..I was always a jovial person before but now am always crying and moody and am beginning to hate her.

I don't laugh at all anymore even at funny things.. I only have hatred for her and her family...I don't want to hate anyone and I want to go back home and be myself again....am planning to run away now but am really scared of the outcome...

There are two types of pains: the pain of discipline and the pain of regrets. You are undergoing the first type which usually form a winning character, even if your aunt intends it otherwise. May you never live to suffer the second type of pain. Many youth today are unwittingly putting everything in place for that unfortunate destiny. Be wise.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by nlPoster: 6:32am On Mar 12, 2020
olumzzz:

Madam let's not always conclude in haste. Always remember that there are two sides to a story.

She's there to offer moral support to the husband.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by nobone(f): 6:34am On Mar 12, 2020
Thank you for saying the truth the way it is. Upon arrival, you vehemently told your aunty you won't do the cleaning. That is gross disobedience at inception. You showed yourself from the beginning. My dear stop playing victim, be humble and obedient. You still have places to go
LordKO:
You've a very bad character. Eschew conceit if you wish to progress in life. I don't care whether your aunt intentionally left her house dirty or not prior to your arrival there - I don't hold brief for her though - but the fact that you disobeyed her request to clean the house, out of conceit, says a lot about how bad your character is. Obedience is better than sacrifice hence more glorifying.

Citing your said conceited attitude a lone, I don't have any reason to believe that your aunt is evil as you've painted her - only her husband can make me to believe otherwise in this regard.

6 Likes

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by odehaj: 6:38am On Mar 12, 2020
I read your write up twice and so many contributions here. So many questions come to mind because you skipped a lot of details. Are you in school or are you through? If no, What are the plans for you?? Whatever it is, Plssss do not run away, one day she will use you as a testimony but I pray it is for good.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by IAmTobore(m): 6:39am On Mar 12, 2020
Oluwatunmise529:
Hi people

I can't even finish your story. My dear, run away.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Truthbites: 6:44am On Mar 12, 2020
OceanOfJoy:
No mention of her going hungry in her father's home in her post. Her Dad was having problems n told her to keep staying there "since leaving would cause a rift between them" (the aunt and her father). To hell with the rift smiley. She can go back home

For the fact that she didn't mention hunger, can't u imply or decipher it? It's written all over. The major reason why parents send their kids to live with other people is mostly, mostly I repeat financial issues
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Truthbites: 6:49am On Mar 12, 2020
Reigning2020:

The way and manner we reason in this part of the world never cease to baffled me this is not about 2 wrong or 2 right or whatever you wish to call it , its about her sanity and peace of mind and you people want her to trade that for what exactly ?. let's assumed op is a lazy *ss bitch as you have imagined her to be because she said she wouldn't clean wish she later did , she is being subjected to verbal abuse and traumatized with the name calling and you said ordinary name calling ? I have bn in a situation like this and I would rather i got caned any time i was been abuse verbally to been call names even as young as I was then . I pray you never have to experience it or any of your children or loved ones it makes you feel less human and erode your self worth and confidence I would rather drink garri with peace of mind at my parent's than eat rice and chicken in fear and sorrow in a house of any relative most people don't know what it feels like to be abuse in any form so we just look at it as nothing .my greatest fear in life is not even poverty itself but imagining any of my children living with ANYONE I mean anyone for whatever reason not even my own mum or any siblings or relations however close they are or nice they appeared to be believe me I know what it feels like aside myself and their mum the thought alone kills me inside

In this cloned Buhari's time, some parents don't have that garri to give u to drink
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by ORIJIN201(m): 6:53am On Mar 12, 2020
LordKO:

Why won't I sound like an unforgiving person to you since you can't differentiate an inference statement of extrapolation from a statement of approval.
All this your grammar won't deflect the point that you agreed to the Op's maltreatment by her aunty.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by bigiyaro(m): 6:58am On Mar 12, 2020
OceanOfJoy:

Did you just say ordinary insult? It's called verbal n emotional abuse.
this type of abuse can turn someone into a cold blooded killer.
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Officialgarri: 6:59am On Mar 12, 2020
LordKO:

Two wrongs don't make a right. Once more, obedience is better than sacrifice hence more glorifying. Assuming that she cleaned the house as the aunt requested or diplomatically turned her down, I wouldn't have had any reason to doubt her reasonableness. So citing her stated conceited attitude, it's very obvious to me that every other negative thing she said about the aunt may not be true.

I don't hold brief for the aunt, like I said before.

You are a wise man. I kept searching the thread for comments like this, but I couldn't find until I saw yours

5 Likes

Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by ikennamadu1(m): 7:00am On Mar 12, 2020
LordKO:

May the evil she is going through visit your household amen...
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by Aleora(f): 7:02am On Mar 12, 2020
NextD18:
Parents should stop bringing kids to this world if they can't cater for them.

Them go just dey born anyhow as investment come dey suffer am unnecessarily. angry

Look at this lady suffering emotionally and psychologically in the hands of another woman when she has parents, but her parents will be the first to open their hands should a rich man come to marry her.
when you tell that this shit,that they should stay put if they don't have money to train their children,thy reply you with,are you God?that God will take care of the children.....so for now,leave them God will come down from heaven to do their job....very shallow minded people...
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by desireoge(f): 7:03am On Mar 12, 2020
How could you tell her you won't wash plates? That's where you got it wrong. First impression matters alot. Was she even supposed to tell you that when you saw everywhere dirty?
Re: Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? by proclinician: 7:03am On Mar 12, 2020
Mizwisdom:
Ordinary insult? something you can be humming tunes in your heart while she's talking without her hearing it? you better get a hold of yourself. Find out what her plans are for your future. If your Father can't afford to feed you, you better relax and endure for now don't go and fall into wrong hands o, it's better than servicing 10 men in one day, be wise

Look at this one. A girl child is being emotionally abused and traumatised you are calling it ordinary insult. What kind of woman are you? What kind of plans can be set for someone in a toxic environment like this and it will come to fruition? Someone like u will feed her with excretra bowl and say it's better than servicing 10 men in one day. The woman even have her own kids and they won't do anything. Why do women treat other ppl kids with so much hatred it's pathetic.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

He Got Me Pregnant And Left Me To Suffer / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do / Photo: If Your Visitor Throws Your Child Up Like This, What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.