Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi (32992 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) / Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller / Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Anthony Joshua For Prostrating Before Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by henryobinna(m): 11:11am On Mar 12, 2020
madridguy:
FFK is a certified mad dog no be today.

A reasonable Nigerian will understand the fact that the more generator companies we have in Nigeria the more our power sector will remain jagajaga. Marapco, Jabaili brothers, Mikano to mention few were brought into the country by the cabal killing our power sector.

FYI, Once you dey area with steady power supply, immediately one filling station enter the area, forget the rest na suffer because they will bribe NEPA official to stop giving you steady light for dem to dey sell.

I stand with the senator.
what you're saying will only be sensible if the country if there's enough power to be distributed or if we have enough machineries put in place to generate as much power as we need. And those are what the federal government is in charge of not some phantom cabal. Those cabals do not need to lobby or bribe anybody if there isn't enough electricity in the first place.

Unless you're telling the president and the minister for power are part of the cabals then I'll believe.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by openmine(m): 11:11am On Mar 12, 2020
justtee42k:
what if the ppl selling the generators are the ones disrupting light in nigeria...once there is no sales of generator , we all will sit back to make electricity stay ... may God bless nigeria
....and finally kill the businesses that are trying to generate IGR for the likes of lagos or portharcourt?
Why not make the power available first before thinking of banning generators?
are the generator manufacturers or sellers the reason why our power transmission is limited to 5000MW?

1 Like

Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by bizhop01: 11:13am On Mar 12, 2020
madridguy:

A reasonable Nigerian will understand the fact that the more generator companies we have in Nigeria the more our power sector will remain jagajaga. Marapco, Jabaili brothers, Mikano to mention few were brought into the country by the cabal killing our power sector.

FYI, Once you dey area with steady power supply, immediately one filling station enter the area, forget the rest na suffer because they will bribe NEPA official to stop giving you steady light for dem to dey sell.

Some people think with anus
I agree with you that generator companies crippled Nigeria power sector, clap for your self & keep it up.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Ladycewhy(f): 11:13am On Mar 12, 2020
hahn:

On the flip side, banning of generators will mean no one including politicians and the elite and even nepa will be able to use them.

The effect will be a major outcry, especially from the rich and elite, for the government to provide steady electricity
so in your mind you think a senator will be arrested and sent to Jail for using generator when the bill is passed ? undecided , This is Nigeria ,the law is only for the poor.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by openmine(m): 11:13am On Mar 12, 2020
The funny part is that this same senator has a 150KVA generator plant in his own house! grin grin
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Crunchyg3: 11:14am On Mar 12, 2020
Someone you know my need this

Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by dossantosbobai(m): 11:14am On Mar 12, 2020
How can the senator even send a bill like that? He should instead bring ideas on how to improve electricity supply in Nigeria.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by openmine(m): 11:20am On Mar 12, 2020
Romanoff:
As much as I want to agree with FFK and those shouting the man down, I have chosen to see his reason.

This climate change affecting the world, what steps have Nigerian taken to curtail its effect?

All we do is go for UN summits on SDGs and Climate change but how are we contributing to the goal?

Our air pollution is on the increase, we litter the environment and drainage ways with nylons and dirt, we don't have a strong recycling culture, many of us, especially on rural areas still use coal and firewood to Cook.

It really starts with one policy.

If the ban works, we can look up to alternative means of electricity, there's solar, turbines, biogas, etc.

The heat in Abuja this year, I've never seen the kind and it will get worse.
....and who will provide you with those alternatives? grin grin
na wa for una ohh cheesy cheesy
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Orila67: 11:22am On Mar 12, 2020
The senator needs psychiatric test to ascertain the level of his mental soundness. This is a shame to Nigeria, and Nigerians.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by TemmyT002(m): 11:23am On Mar 12, 2020
'Insane' is a kind word.
The mad is maaad
He is crazy
And foolish
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 12, 2020
spot on! the upper house is littered with too many cow-brains and lunatics!

electricity generation and supply has suddenly become # ROCKET SCIENCE, yet you want to ban the alternative which even # ASO ROCK cannot do without arrant senselessness!
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by openmine(m): 11:26am On Mar 12, 2020
SweetCunt97:
No he's doing well... With the absence of generator we'll lean towards other source of power. Solar with thrive. And we know those importers are the ones sabotaging our nepa so that their business will move.

If we can have light 24/7 like Ghana, no one would need Generator. So why can't we push for steady light in this Country for heaven sakes?
where there is demand,there is supply!
Do you buy what you dont need?
Ghana having 24/7 power did not start today......many before then were using generators until the power supply became constant!
Once that happened,they found no need to purchase generator sets!
Its that simple!
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by udemzyudex(m): 11:27am On Mar 12, 2020
madridguy:

You're not making sense Oga.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by decub: 11:29am On Mar 12, 2020
madridguy:

While I don't support FFK for such unprofessional act, I also think certain things are practically impossible and your take on the argument is no exception.

Nigeria, and by extension, some other countries have built their daily activities around power which in our case, is unstable.

If a ban on the importation, sale and use of generators is placed, believe me, it will cripple the economy and the ripple effect will go on until the ban is lifted. We are not yet ripe for such policy/decision, not now, not anytime soon
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by OTayobami(m): 11:29am On Mar 12, 2020
adenigga:

It's not commonwealth, they have their own cars so, it's easy to do.
But light, we all share!

Let's think straight bros!
The stupid Senator have solar package in his house o, has the guy fight for improved power supply?

I think the guy is suffering from overdose of tramadol!

Even National House of Assembly relies much on Generators.

Atiku will destroy that guy's political careers, what will be the lot of Milkano Generator?
Banks will close down!

If the guy doesn't have his brain under his feet, He should first present a motion for uninterrupted power supply before dealings with importers of generators.

Bro if that really happens you think the situation with power will remain the same? This is Nigeria we're talking about here, the thing is as long as using or importing of generators is allowed, there won't be a move for better power supply but just rantings that's all

1 Like

Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by luluman: 11:36am On Mar 12, 2020
liltee123:
Former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode has slammed Senator Bima Enagi who is sponsoring the bill for the ban of Generators in Nigeria.

Taking to his Twitter handle to react to the bill, FFK wrote

https://mobile.twitter.com/realFFK/status/1237804085014921217
Correct!!!
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by luluman: 11:37am On Mar 12, 2020
omoiyamayor:
This ffk guy is mad with very loose mouth, he can you think of dropping some into the ocean just for thinking out loud, even North Korea would never do that.
If he is mad for his utterances what are you for yours?
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by lexander(m): 11:40am On Mar 12, 2020
98% of industrial machines that have an automated production line run on generators. Imposing a ban without providing a stable power source is madness. I would give you a live example the ban on importation of rice (I don't think I need to explain how it has affected the masses) angry
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by gouken2: 11:40am On Mar 12, 2020
You are right sir, that senator is seriously insane. Let them not go and think of how to improve Power Supply in the country.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 12, 2020
growing up in the 80s most homes didn't have genders, power supply was relatively better, it was in the late 90s that I witnessed upsurge in gen ownership due to failure of NEPA, caused by poor management, this bill is irresponsible.

phcn has not addressed epileptic power supply in the country.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by guychidile: 11:42am On Mar 12, 2020
ffk is right
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Romanoff(f): 11:42am On Mar 12, 2020
junketer:
what is wrong with you people? Nothing stops the federal government from giving us steady power supply. This senator and yourself and that madridguy up there are just dumb. If you want generator importation to decrease just provide electricity. Nigerians buy generators because of lack of electricity and nigerians will stop buying generators if there is electricity. It's very simple.

I've observed that when a lot of you are incapable of intellectual discourse, you resort to name calling.

Do you not see any advantage of the proposed bill?
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Lexicon123: 11:45am On Mar 12, 2020
Though FFK went overboard with his statement, I don't think the bill makes any sense at this point. I read reactions that such bill will check the bribery and corruption that has made the power issue festered. But how can we survive with this alternative power source (which is becoming the mainstream source)? Why should the citizens always suffer for the government's inability to fix the root cause of issues?
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by hahn(m): 11:45am On Mar 12, 2020
Ladycewhy:
so in your mind you think a senator will be arrested and sent to Jail for using generator when the bill is passed ? undecided , This is Nigeria ,the law is only for the poor.

Sure. Normal levels. Just thinking still
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Romanoff(f): 11:46am On Mar 12, 2020
Lostz:
Germany still use coal plants for manufacturing and electricity.

only China is responsible for close to 30% of the world carbon emission .
the top 10 largest economy in the world are responsible for 67.6% of the world carbon emission.......they try to make it a world problem when it is their problem

So Nigeria has no contribution to the environmental degradation?

By the time we all start suffering from it, it won't be an issue of who contributed the most.

The Australian wild fire that ravaged the continent for weeks, did Australia contribute the most emission?
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Otsam(m): 11:52am On Mar 12, 2020
deeplow:
I only logged into my account to like your post. Some people are just too wise. I wonder if they think all the generators in their neighborhood will consume a truck of petrol in a day

I taya o�
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 12, 2020
Romanoff:

So Nigeria has no contribution to the environmental degradation?

By the time we all start suffering from it, it won't be an issue of who contributed the most.

The Australian wild fire that ravaged the continent for weeks, did Australia contribute the most emission?

fire burn in Australia every year . the media decided to tell you this time.

we are not contributing up to 0.001 of the world carbon emission. what do you want Nigeria to do? the countries that are polluting the world should reduce the rate of pollution. or you think the few waste we throw away in this country is responsible for anything?

the Earth has always took care of itself
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by afroxyz: 11:58am On Mar 12, 2020
madridguy:

If you had sense you would know that the FG has to first do it's job by providing eletricity. That's way capitalists would not take advantage of the situation
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by iamimohtal(m): 11:59am On Mar 12, 2020
chriskosherbal:
My question is will Nigeria ever change cos we've been expecting stable power supply since I was born till now hmmm
No
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 12, 2020
Romanoff:

I've observed that when a lot of you are incapable of intellectual discourse, you resort to name calling.

Do you not see any advantage of the proposed bill?
0 advantage. the most foolish bill in the history of Nigerian Senate. even the bill to provide funds for so-called repentant Boko boys is better
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Romanoff(f): 12:00pm On Mar 12, 2020
Lostz:
fire burn in Australia every year . the media decided to tell you this time.

we are not contributing up to 0.001 of the world carbon emission. what do you want Nigeria to do? the countries that are polluting the world should reduce the rate of pollution. or you think the few waste we throw away in this country is responsible for anything?

the Earth has always took care of itself

By the time you are a victim of just a little flood, you won't have this mentality.

For the media to tell us of the Australian Wild fire, is cause it was an inferno, a type that has never happened.

The earth is tired of protecting itself. The shield it created to protect itself is depleting, hence the heat and melting of the glaciers.

Do you people even educate yourselves at all?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ekweremadu Visits Scene Of Enugu Accident; Mourns Victims (Photos) / Photo: Victor Ndoma-Egba And Buhari In A Handshake In 1984 And 2015 / Staunch Buharists, Olateju And Farouk Kperogi Criticise Buhari Over Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.