Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi (32999 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) / Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller / Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Anthony Joshua For Prostrating Before Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Bar1941(m): 12:00pm On Mar 12, 2020
cRobo:
Very insane

Make electricity available and sales of generator set will die naturally

What do I know self

Well

I won't say a word

How can electricity be available when the people in power are the ones importing generators for sale in Nigeria? Let's ban it importation and prohibit its usage, by the time we are in living without it we will find a lasting solution to the problem. FFK is the crazy one here.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Romanoff(f): 12:01pm On Mar 12, 2020
Lostz:
0 advantage. the most foolish bill in the history of Nigerian Senate. even the bill to provide funds for so-called repentant Boko boys is better

The I rest my case when it comes to you.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by iamimohtal(m): 12:01pm On Mar 12, 2020
ArmaniUhuru:
[s][/s]

There should be an alternative before the ban. They should provide adequate power supply for six months to convince Nigerians and business owners. Most businesses suffer from power failure to thrive well. Their only hope is generator power and with it they make their living. If FG cannot provide standby power for Nigerians, they should stay out of this wicked act.

Bros we both know they can't ban nothing, the yeye senator is just looking for relevance.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Oyiboman69: 12:11pm On Mar 12, 2020
Otsam:

Chai!! See sense! So petrol station owners are actually investing millions of naira because of 10litres generator fuel? What a wise man!
Don't doubt what you don't know,even the owner's of sports centers do bribed NEPA that after the match had kicked off,before you will see power. Anybody with small amount of money can influence the biggest organization in Nigeria. Dey dere make pant dey wear you
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 12, 2020
Romanoff:

By the time you are a victim of just a little flood, you won't have this mentality.

For the media to tell us of the Australian Wild fire, is cause it was an inferno, a type that has never happened.

The earth is tired of protecting itself. The shield it created to protect itself is depleting, hence the heat and melting of the glaciers.

Do you people even educate yourselves at all?
the 5 most deadly bushfire in Australia were
Black Saturday in 2009, Ash Wednesday1983, Black Friday in 1939, black Tuesday in 1967 and Black Sunday of 1926 according to Wikipedia.
the Earth will always protect itself. there is nothing you are seeing now that have not been seen before.

the media is just driving fear to suit some people political agenda.

there have been bigger flood in the 70s here in Nigeria than recently. we are going to leave the Earth just as we met it
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 12, 2020
Romanoff:

The I rest my case when it comes to you.
if you are cooking Stew, you put your onion in the frying pan before putting the oil later?
instead of looking a bill that is meant to provide solution to this our power problem, the idiot is seeking to remove the only hope of the common man now that power is on all time low
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 12, 2020
Bar1941:

How can electricity be available when the people in power are the ones importing generators for sale in Nigeria? Let's ban it importation and prohibit its usage, by the time we are in living without it we will find a lasting solution to the problem. FFK is the crazy one here.
it will take close to $100b to provide electricity for all Nigerians
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Jamaall(m): 12:26pm On Mar 12, 2020
Subhanallah....
He's wrong to have made a move on the gen-set stuff no doubt about that.
Buh f.f.k why using such offensive/hash language on someone like.
Not surprised this show how inhuman you're
Spit...!!
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Romanoff(f): 12:29pm On Mar 12, 2020
Lostz:
if you are cooking Stew, you put your onion in the frying pan before putting the oil later?
instead of looking a bill that is meant to provide solution to this our power problem, the idiot is seeking to remove the only hope of the common man now that power is on all time low

This analogy doesn't work for me. I have asthma. I don't Fry my stew..

grin
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Romanoff(f): 12:30pm On Mar 12, 2020
Lostz:
the 5 most deadly bushfire in Australia were
Black Saturday in 2009, Ash Wednesday1983, Black Friday in 1939, black Tuesday in 1967 and Black Sunday of 1926 according to Wikipedia.
the Earth will always protect itself. there is nothing you are seeing now that have not been seen before.

the media is just driving fear to suit some people political agenda.

there have been bigger flood in the 70s here in Nigeria than recently. we are going to leave the Earth just as we met it

The earth is worse off than we man met it.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by lozanni(m): 12:30pm On Mar 12, 2020
Otsam:

Chai!! See sense! So petrol station owners are actually investing millions of naira because of 10litres generator fuel? What a wise man!

10 litres multiplied by over a million users, will give you the accurate picture of actual demand for fuel by generator owners
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 12, 2020
Romanoff:

This analogy doesn't work for me. I have asthma. I don't Fry my stew..
grin
still does not change the fact. you don't start building from the roof
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 12, 2020
Romanoff:

The earth is worse off than we man met it.
the Earth always pass through cycles. there have been worst cycles.

the only thing getting worse is the available resources for the common man survival
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Meti99(m): 12:42pm On Mar 12, 2020
madridguy:
FFK is a certified mad dog no be today.

A reasonable Nigerian will understand the fact that the more generator companies we have in Nigeria the more our power sector will remain jagajaga. Marapco, Jabaili brothers, Mikano to mention few were brought into the country by the cabal killing our power sector.

FYI, Once you dey area with steady power supply, immediately one filling station enter the area, forget the rest na suffer because they will bribe NEPA official to stop giving you steady light for dem to dey sell.

I stand with the senator.

Omo, see reasoning, who get power sector?
Who makes policy?
Who enforce policy?

I suspect you bro
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by chuksoyo21(m): 12:50pm On Mar 12, 2020
Sure, it's outright insanity.....
Let there be steady power supply, the need for generator sets will die a natural death...
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by kalvoken(m): 1:00pm On Mar 12, 2020
wilemer:

are u really this dumb or you are just pretending?

He has always been o. They were only two then; himself and sarki, before the perpetual zombie evolved in the person of dead meat seller. But sarki seems to be regaining his mental fluids.

You must Be new bere..

Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Romanoff(f): 1:03pm On Mar 12, 2020
Lostz:
still does not change the fact.
you don't start building from the roof

I still maintain my stand that until there are no alternatives, our electricity will suffer.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by maasoap(m): 1:07pm On Mar 12, 2020
Well, if the Senate pass the bill, that means he's not insane
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 12, 2020
Romanoff:

I still maintain my stand that until there are no alternatives, our electricity will suffer.
we are not responsible for the low power supply. they should ban generators from all public buildings especially asorock
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by goaldynman(m): 1:10pm On Mar 12, 2020
madridguy:

A reasonable Nigerian will understand the fact that the more generator companies we have in Nigeria the more our power sector will remain jagajaga. Marapco, Jabaili brothers, Mikano to mention few were brought into the country by the cabal killing our power sector.

FYI, Once you dey area with steady power supply, immediately one filling station enter the area, forget the rest na suffer because they will bribe NEPA official to stop giving you steady light for dem to dey sell.

Guy use your sense to reason! Start by knowing how much electricity Nigeria is generating at the moment vis-a-vis our population! Then you proceed to thinking whether they are producing enough to the extent of withholding electricity based on bribe from generator sellers!!
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Romanoff(f): 1:13pm On Mar 12, 2020
Lostz:
we are not responsible for the low power supply. they should ban generators from all public buildings especially asorock

We have to make sacrifices.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 12, 2020
Romanoff:

We have to make sacrifices.
oya carry your generator go give them for national assembly.

you want Nigerian economy to collapse? everything in this country is being run with generators
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Wizyglobal(m): 1:21pm On Mar 12, 2020
Confused law senator
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Wizyglobal(m): 1:25pm On Mar 12, 2020
[quote author=liltee123 post=87370849]Former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode has slammed Senator Bima Enagi who is sponsoring the bill for the ban of Generators in Nigeria.

Taking to his Twitter handle to react to the bill, FFK wrote

That senator must be insane
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Odinaka00(m): 1:30pm On Mar 12, 2020
Even here in S.A. where we have 24hrs of electricity, generators are sold... Nawa for this country see.. See Hallam senators with their mallamic reasoning. People I dey share Country with
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by NothingDoMe: 1:31pm On Mar 12, 2020
Romanoff:
As much as I want to agree with FFK and those shouting the man down, I have chosen to see his reason.

This climate change affecting the world, what steps have Nigerian taken to curtail its effect?

All we do is go for UN summits on SDGs and Climate change but how are we contributing to the goal?

Our air pollution is on the increase, we litter the environment and drainage ways with nylons and dirt, we don't have a strong recycling culture, many of us, especially on rural areas still use coal and firewood to Cook.

It really starts with one policy.

If the ban works, we can look up to alternative means of electricity, there's solar, turbines, biogas, etc.

The heat in Abuja this year, I've never seen the kind and it will get worse.
You will ban first. Then think of alternatives later? Seriously? Where would businesses get power to sustain their activities?

Why not try to fish out those sabotaging the power industry?
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Romanoff(f): 1:33pm On Mar 12, 2020
Lostz:
oya carry your generator go give them for national assembly.

you want Nigerian economy to collapse? everything in this country is being run with generators

If it will lead to us having stable electricity and reducing the impact on the earth's ozone layer, I'm all for it.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by mykerg: 1:51pm On Mar 12, 2020
I personally think it's when theres a ban on generators Nigerians would come to realize how much PHCN have robbed and deprived Nigerians of steady power supply. It's only when these devices are banned,Nigerians can really pressure them to improve on power generation....
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by menzo4u: 1:59pm On Mar 12, 2020
madridguy:

You are just as insane as the senator, and you also deserve the same treatment FFK suggested for the senator.

Read the details of the news before jumping into comment section like a frog. There are exceptions to the ban, the bill is targeted at the poor masses who are surviving with the use of generator due to epileptic power supply.

When they ban it, the senators are not affected...

Small scale business owners and young hustlers will die of hunger if the bill passes. Imagine you carry your bushy hair to a barbing salon, only for the barber to tell you there is no light and he can't use generator because of the ban.

Use your sense. Ode.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 12, 2020
Romanoff:

If it will lead to us having stable electricity and reducing the impact on the earth's ozone layer, I'm all for it.
even the money you have in your reserve is not enough to give us electricity.
China, USA, Germany and the other big economies are destroying the ozone layer not Nigeria.... that is if ozone layer can be destroyed
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by clemmonce(m): 2:00pm On Mar 12, 2020
madridguy:

So what happens to businesses ? Do you think power becomes stable by switching on breaker ? NIgerians like to think in a zig zag manner. it will take years to get stable power supply, so what happens between those times ? There are better ways of doing, what are the unions doing ? what are the civil society groups doing ? You dont kill a fly with a sledge hammer, NO SENSE in that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Oshiomhole Wants Direct Primary Election – Shaibu, Obaseki’s Deputy / 939,268 Votes Were Rejected In Presidential Election / Staunch Buharists, Olateju And Farouk Kperogi Criticise Buhari Over Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.