Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi (33001 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) / Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller / Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Anthony Joshua For Prostrating Before Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by chelsea1116(m): 10:44am On Mar 12, 2020
cRobo:
Very insane

Make electricity available and sales of generator set will die naturally

What do I know self

Well

I won't say a word

You said it all.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Henadih(m): 10:44am On Mar 12, 2020
omoiyamayor:
This ffk guy is mad with very loose mouth, he can you think of dropping some into the ocean just for thinking out loud, even North Korea would never do that.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by thatsleepboy1: 10:45am On Mar 12, 2020
Otsam:

Chai!! See sense! So petrol station owners are actually investing millions of naira because of 10litres generator fuel? What a wise man!
You might actually not believe him but he just said the FACT cos that is what is happening everywhere. For example, at iwaya, yaba lagos, there are 2 filling stations. 1 is oando and the 2nd is forte oil. Before the 2nd came, oando have been bribing these nepa officials and they don't bring light steady and when the forte oil came, it grew worse till they were summoned to court and it reduced and now it has started again. Even makoko that is the next community now have stable power supply than iwaya. So my bro it happens almost everywhere if not everywhere.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by jaxxy(m): 10:45am On Mar 12, 2020
madridguy:
FFK is a certified mad dog no be today.

A reasonable Nigerian will understand the fact that the more generator companies we have in Nigeria the more our power sector will remain jagajaga. Marapco, Jabaili brothers, Mikano to mention few were brought into the country by the cabal killing our power sector.

FYI, Once you dey area with steady power supply, immediately one filling station enter the area, forget the rest na suffer because they will bribe NEPA official to stop giving you steady light for dem to dey sell.

I stand with the senator.

It is not the generators or gen cartel that’s stopping or sabotaging Phcn atleast In Buhari’s government we are sure of this. It’s is the practical lack of power capacity of the Phcn to supply which will not be solved by banning gen bt working on how to find more mega power sources for the country. Let’s be very sensible and stop try to do gra gra just for stupid show off without thinking. undecided

FkK is 150% Right!!!!
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by whitebeard(m): 10:45am On Mar 12, 2020
Sunnycliff:
I support this Senator. I see it as the only reason we can ever have stable power supply. Even our government houses and asọ rock should not use generators. Let it be confined to only hospitals and research institutions
cheesy u talk like u are not in Nigeria...about are u not in Nigeria...do u think even the senator dat is sponsoring the bill does not have generator, do u think he would even abide by the law if it is passed..!
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by SmartyPants(m): 10:46am On Mar 12, 2020
madridguy:

A reasonable Nigerian will understand the fact that the more generator companies we have in Nigeria the more our power sector will remain jagajaga. Marapco, Jabaili brothers, Mikano to mention few were brought into the country by the cabal killing our power sector.

FYI, Once you dey area with steady power supply, immediately one filling station enter the area, forget the rest na suffer because they will bribe NEPA official to stop giving you steady light for dem to dey sell.

See where Nigeria has gotten to.... It might surprise you to learn that hold national utility provider to a standard of performance is not rocket science.

Imagine saying that generators should be banned so that PHCN would stop taking bribes. So there is no other way to stop the bribe taking?

And that is assuming that bribe taking is the true root of the problem.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Deltayankeeboi: 10:47am On Mar 12, 2020
madridguy:

God. How can you be this dumb. smh
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by simple250: 10:48am On Mar 12, 2020
Its stupidity for me to use my money to buy generator when their steady power supply...The federal government needs to allow foreign investor to invest on our power supply just like MTN AIRTEL AND GLO ...
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by staga: 10:48am On Mar 12, 2020
There are 22 million generators in active service in Nigeria. This is a ridiculously high amount and the environmental pollution it causes can best be imagined. Not to talk of the noise.

The ban will force everyone to go solar. Nigerians are very resistant to change, so sometimes these kinds of legislations need to be passed to enforce a change for the better.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by junketer(m): 10:48am On Mar 12, 2020
Romanoff:
As much as I want to agree with FFK and those shouting the man down, I have chosen to see his reason.

This climate change affecting the world, what steps have Nigerian taken to curtail its effect?

All we do is go for UN summits on SDGs and Climate change but how are we contributing to the goal?

Our air pollution is on the increase, we litter the environment and drainage ways with nylons and dirt, we don't have a strong recycling culture, many of us, especially on rural areas still use coal and firewood to Cook.

It really starts with one policy.

If the ban works, we can look up to alternative means of electricity, there's solar, turbines, biogas, etc.

The heat in Abuja this year, I've never seen the kind and it will get worse.
what is wrong with you people? Nothing stops the federal government from giving us steady power supply. This senator and yourself and that madridguy up there are just dumb. If you want generator importation to decrease just provide electricity. Nigerians buy generators because of lack of electricity and nigerians will stop buying generators if there is electricity. It's very simple.

1 Like

Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Nairalandmonika: 10:50am On Mar 12, 2020
madridguy:

Keep quiet, all this conspiracy theory nor fit you. If govt want to ban generator they should give us at least 18 hours of light first.
The generator companies (producer, sellers and buyers) are not responsible for epileptic power supply in Nigeria.
The govt with their bad policy and looting habits is responsible.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 12, 2020
Romanoff:

Do you know a large part of Germany uses renewable energy sources for electricity. Does Germany suffer the kind of environmental pollution that we suffer here, even in our urban cities?

Do we have the same three R cultures (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) that Germany has?
Germany still use coal plants for manufacturing and electricity.

only China is responsible for close to 30% of the world carbon emission .
the top 10 largest economy in the world are responsible for 67.6% of the world carbon emission.......they try to make it a world problem when it is their problem

1 Like

Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 12, 2020
You don't have stable electricity

You can't boost of 10hrs electricity in a day

You want to ban generator sets and propose ten years gel term for sellers of generator sets yet you your national grid is failing every 2months and you opened your mouth to exempt AIR PORTS, HOSPITALS AND OF COURSE GOVERNMENT FACILITIES

AND NIGERIANS ARE CLAPPING FOR YOU

BUT I HAVE THESE QUESTIONS FOR NIGERIANS WHOS DUMBNESS ASHAMES EVEN THE DEVIL

1. IS IT NOT COMMON SENSE FOR YOUR SENATOR TO FIX NATIONAL ELECTRICITY @LEAST GIVE YOU 18HRS ELECTRICITY A DAY....AND NATURALLY GENERATOR SET BUSINESS AND USAGE WILL DIE A NATURAL DEATH? BUT AS A NIGERIAN YOU ALWAYS DO THINGS IN REVERSE

2. OTHER COUNTRIES USE GENERATOR SETS AS BACK UP POWER IN AIR PORTS, HOSPITALS AND GOVERNMENT FACILITIES BUT SAME MAN PROPOSING BAN ON GENERATORS IS PROPOSING ALSO THAT THE ABOVE FACILITIES SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO BE RUNNING THEIR GENERATORS....

3. HAVE YOU DUMB NIGERIANS CONSIDERED THE WHAT THE POLICE WILL BE DOING TO PEOPLE THEY FOUND GENERATOR IN THEIR HOUSES, USING IT OR NOT.... NO YOU HAVEN'T BECAUSE AS A NIGERIAN YOU CAN'T REASON BEYOND YOUR NEWSPAPER AND PHONE

OH MAYBE LATER THE SENATOR WILL PROPOSE A BILL FOR CORRECTION REHABILITATION AND REFORM OF GENERATOR POLICE AND YOU ALL WILL CLAPP FOR HIM

I will never wish Nigeria on anybody I love

1 Like

Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Nairalandmonika: 10:54am On Mar 12, 2020
staga:
There are 22 million generators in active service in Nigeria. This is a ridiculously high amount and the environmental pollution it causes can best be imagined. Not to talk of the noise.

The ban will force everyone to go solar. Nigerians are very resistant to change, so sometimes these kinds of legislations need to be passed to enforce a change for the better.
Solar is queii expensive, not everyone can set it up and it's not very efficient in Southern Nigeria with high rainfall.

1 Like

Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by khalhokage(m): 10:56am On Mar 12, 2020
cRobo:
Very insane

What do I know self

Well

I won't say a word

You said 24 words lol.

You're right though, the best way to ban generators is to supply uninterrupted power.

Nobody likes gen in Nigeria but it's a necessity especially for businesses.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 12, 2020
omoiyamayor:
This ffk guy is mad with very loose mouth, he can you think of dropping some into the ocean just for thinking out loud, even North Korea would never do that.
Shut the Fvck up fool! For even defending such a thought you must be an idiot.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by cjudy(m): 10:57am On Mar 12, 2020
madridguy:

Why won't you stand? Zone B don't have brain so they stand with anything they see

1 Like

Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by TrendsSecurity: 10:58am On Mar 12, 2020
But that's what people have been saying since nah! Nigerians said it's the importation of generator that will never allow our power sector to come alive and now a senator is sponsoring the bill. If its made into law, you'd see that power situation will actually improve
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Eberex(m): 10:59am On Mar 12, 2020
omoiyamayor:
This ffk guy is mad with very loose mouth, how can you suggest of dropping someone into the ocean just for thinking out loud, even North Korea would never do that.

Is the senator your brother?
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by cRobo: 10:59am On Mar 12, 2020
khalhokage:

You said 24 words lol.

You're right though, the best way to ban generators is to supply uninterrupted power.

Nobody likes gen in Nigeria but it's a necessity especially for businesses.

Your really had time to count my words grin grin grin

Lol
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 12, 2020
madridguy:

You actually made sense here but the problem is that there is no alternative. Here in Akwa Ibom only 8-6hours electricity daily haba you fa reason am.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by JubrinElSudan: 11:03am On Mar 12, 2020
madridguy:

Oga, no filling station or generator dealer bribes NEPA .
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 12, 2020
madridguy:

I don't get how some of you think, have you thought about the millions of businesses that depends on electricity to operate? Now you want to take away the only alternative and let them depend on 4 hours electricity a day from Nepa? I don't want to insult you, but I strongly think you need medical attention.
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by Crunchyg3: 11:03am On Mar 12, 2020
MARKETERS AND PROMOTERS NEEDED URGENTLY
Marketers - #30,000
Promoters - #24,000
Product - Packaged Popcorn
Location - (Lagos and Ogun state) Any where around this two states
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by bankylan: 11:03am On Mar 12, 2020
[quote author=madridguy post=87371183]FFK is a certified mad dog no be today.

I stand with the senator. [/

Ignorance is a big disease as shown by this rubbish you typed. It is very senseless to say generator importers are the cabal working against power sector. You have no understanding of the sector like the people this useless government put in place.
Let me educate you...I am an electricity market professional with focus on Energy risk.
We have no much problem with generation as we have installed capacity of about 13,000 MW out of which we even supply neighbouring countries because your govt owned TCN can only transmit about 5,000 MW. The first issue to be tackled is the issue of gas pricing and efficient project management planing so that our thermal plants which constitute 80% of our energy source as against 20% for hydro can be guaranteed constant supply of Gas.
What has TCN done to increase transmission capacity beyond 5000MW? What does this have to do with Mikano? Besides, we operate a centralised grid that sends all generated power to the national pool before it is sent to where it is needed thus creating inefficiencies and loss. What does a generator importer have to do with this?

All the Discos lack the technical and financial capacity to distribute as they can only distribute a mere 3500MW of the transmitted energy. The average ATC&C loss for the Discos is 40%, how can they perform optimally? Out of the meagre distributed 3500 MW, they don't recieve payment for up to 1000 MW due to energy theft, unwillingness to pay, and debts by ministries, departments and agencies- MDAs. In other words, government is the number debtor and contributor to the liquidity crisis in the industry.
To top it all is the ignorance like the one you displayed here of the people running our power sector. How can NERC put a CAPEX limit of 5b on all the Discos and you expect them to increase network capacity? A SCADA system alone costs like 5b naira. There are other technical areas I can't talk about here.

But bros, if anyone has told you that generator importers are killing the power industry, tell such person to please shut up. We live in a world of knowledge and information and the earlier we get informed, the quicker we solve our power problem.

1 Like

Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by openmine(m): 11:04am On Mar 12, 2020
madridguy:

i dont understand how you lots think....are you in naija or are you speaking from another country?
even a new born baby knows that there is no constant power supply in naija
right now there is zero power in some areas...infact there is an LGA that has had no power for 4 to 5 years!
Many businesses solely depend on power for their business to stay afloat!
Provide power supply and generator purchase will totally reduce!
Why am i even trying to reason with an apc apologist?
smh sad
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by justtee42k: 11:05am On Mar 12, 2020
what if the ppl selling the generators are the ones disrupting light in nigeria...once there is no sales of generator , we all will sit back to make electricity stay ... may God bless nigeria
cRobo:
Very insane

What do I know self

Well

I won't say a word
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by bizhop01: 11:06am On Mar 12, 2020
Nigeria senators are so useless, they only know how to carry women around
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by openmine(m): 11:08am On Mar 12, 2020
bankylan:

Ignorance is a big disease as shown by this rubbish you typed. It is very senseless to say generator importers are the cabal working against power sector. You have no understanding of the sector like the people this useless government put in place.
Let me educate you...I am an electricity market professional with focus on Energy risk.
We have no much problem with generation as we have installed capacity of about 13,000 MW out of which we even supply neighbouring countries because your govt owned TCN can only transmit about 5,000 MW. The first issue to be tackled is the issue of gas pricing and efficient project management planing so that our thermal plants which constitute 80% of our energy source as against 20% for hydro can be guaranteed constant supply of Gas.
What has TCN done to increase transmission capacity beyond 5000MW? What does this have to do with Mikano? Besides, we operate a centralised grid that sends all generated power to the national pool before it is sent to where it is needed thus creating inefficiencies and loss. What does a generator importer have to do with this?

All the Discos lack the technical and financial capacity to distribute as they can only distribute a mere 3500MW of the transmitted energy. The average ATC&C loss for the Discos is 40%, how can they perform optimally? Out of the meagre distributed 3500 MW, they don't recieve payment for up to 1000 MW due to energy theft, unwillingness to pay, and debts by ministries, departments and agencies- MDAs. In other words, government is the number debtor and contributor to the liquidity crisis in the industry.
To top it all is the ignorance like the one you displayed here of the people running our power sector. How can NERC put a CAPEX limit of 5b on all the Discos and you expect them to increase network capacity? A SCADA system alone costs like 5b naira. There are other technical areas I can't talk about here.

But bros, if anyone has told you that generator importers are killing the power industry, tell such person to please shut up. We live in a world of knowledge and information and the earlier we get informed, the quicker we solve our power problem.

You are absolutely right in your submissions!

1 Like

Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by helen4(f): 11:08am On Mar 12, 2020
Very insane sir
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by dallyemmy: 11:09am On Mar 12, 2020
...psychatric test may be a requirement for electoral positions in Nigeria in the near future...
Re: Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi by nnaeyes6: 11:10am On Mar 12, 2020
They should ban it jare.
My neighbors generator doesn't let me sleep, coupled with the jealousy I have for my another neighbours generator. I hope jealousy won't kill the Senator

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Update On Zamfara State Governorship Results / Rivers PDP Rivals Exchange Blows In Abuja / MASSOB Barnishes Nwodo,wogu From Igbo Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.