Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us - Family (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us (91098 Views)

My Husband Doesn’t Love Me / My Husband doesn’t give me sexual satisfaction because he uses condom / My Husband Doesn’t Satisfy Me Sexually, Our Kids Not His – Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Resurgent2016: 4:45pm On Mar 30, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Oga, I wish you had read this story from the beginning. It was because of the man that she had to send her son to live with relatives, as the house they lived in back then, was too small, after they just got married.

They agreed that he would move back in with them after they got a bigger apartment. Well, they eventually did....and for 3 years, she tried to dialogue with there husband, to bring the kid back home. He ignored her.

Meanwhile, her child was being maltreated and starved where he was living with her relative. He even had to steal, in order to get food to eat.

So for how long should she have continued this dialogue with the man, while her son's life was falling apart? Should the pleading and dialogue have continued for another 3 years? It takes two to dialogue, o!

What would have happened to the boy?

I read the thread and all ops post. Without dragging this issue further, let me ask you these questions:

1. If the man has accepted one of the children from the former relationship, is there a possibility that he will accept this one also if the concerns he raised are addressed?

2. Are the man's concern valid?

3. Did the lady make any effort to address them?

4. Do you honestly think that there are only two possible scenearios in this case and no compromise can be reached as some people here are suggesting?

5. I promised to love my wife's family as my own, if I refuse to take one of her relations under my roof (even if it her blood brother), will it make sense for my wife to blatantly disregard my opposition and bring him/ her in

6. Many of us lived with relationship in our homes, go and ask the women how they managed their husbands to make it work because most men will naturally oppose it.

From my view, the lady is tired of the relationship and just wants to pull the plug but needs a valid reason. She has derided her husband at any opportunity she has gotten and does not even consider the possibility of dialogue or compromise.

I rest my case and wish her the best

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by bukatyne(f): 4:46pm On Mar 30, 2020
CeterisXVII:

My dear, it is well. I feel your pain and I understand your sentiments, quite well.

May Almighty God support and strengthen you.

But please get a lawyer, to help you get custody of your daughter, after you give birth.

You are pregnant right now, and you do not need this additional emotional stress. Do not develop high blood pressure....God is in control. Keep praying for your daughter.

God will protect and prosper you and your children. They are beautiful kids.....

You feel her pain from behind your device?

Hahahahahahaha.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Graxie(f): 4:49pm On Mar 30, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Yes, she should take out her kids from the post, as they are still quite young, and should not be exposed to the public like this.

But I disgree with this idea, that a woman cannot raise her kids on her own. Not all families will have a father and a mother.

Widows have been raising their kids on their own for ages, after losing their husbands. As long as they are financially, morally and economically empowered, they can cope.

It is far better to have a family with a well-adjusted hard working single parent, who can provide a happy home, with a stable balance. Than to have a dysfunctional home with 2 miserable parents who cannot get along, and create a tense, unhappy, unhealthy home for their kids.

Finally, in life as well as in love.....not everything can be negotiated, or compromised. Sometimes, it is best to review your options, and cut your losses.

You can teach your kids about conflict resolution in a variety of ways.

But certainly NOT by teaching them to endure manipulation, inhumane treatment and emotional abuse, simply because you are striving to please a man who wants you to sacrifice the future of your son, to satisfy his own ego. God forbid bad thing!

She has been trying to get the man to agree to bring her son back home for 3 good years, after they got a bigger apartment. But he ignored her pleas.

So tell us, how much longer should she spend trying to "placate him," to use your own words..... while her son is being maltreated, starved of food, and about to be thrown out of his current residence where he stays with her relative? Another 3 years, 6 years or 10 years? Tell us, o!

Don't bother trying to get reasonable answer. The good news is that the woman can survive without the man and her kids are healthy. They can't believe such people exist. They are used to cry cry babies depending on irresponsible men. I am surprise they are not quoting bible. The motto is always blame the woman while she keeps enduring. They don't care about the woman emotions, what matters is that she should remain married. Single motherhood means disease and so kids raised by such are vagabonds. I have been wondering how some of them still claim to be Christians. They expected her to get rid of her son in the name of marriage. Forgetting that this man lied to her, promised her mother that he will accept those kids as his. All those things don't count as long as she abandons her son and become ever happy with the man. Now they are changing it to, she would have keep begging the man, negotiate, make amends. They have seen the pictures and pehalps their judgement about the boy being a thief is changing. What a people!!!

11 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by CeterisXVII: 4:52pm On Mar 30, 2020
Resurgent2016:
I read the thread and all ops post. Without dragging this issue further, let me ask you these questions:

1. If the man has accepted one of the children from the former relationship, is there a possibility that he will accept this one also if the concerns he raised are addressed?

4. Do you honestly think that there are only two possible scenearios in this case and no compromise can be reached as some people here are suggesting?

5. I promised to love my wife's family as my own, if I refuse to take one of her relations under my roof (even if it her blood brother), will it make sense for my wife to blatantly disregard my opposition and bring him/ her in

6. Many of us lived with relationship in our homes, go and ask the women how they managed their husbands to make it work because most men will naturally oppose it.

From my view, the lady is tired of the relationship and just wants to pull the plug but needs a valid reason. She has derided her husband at any opportunity she has gotten and does not even consider the possibility of dialogue or compromise.

If he could accept one kid, and AGREED earlier before their marriage to also accept the other, why did he renege knowing it would jeopardise the future of the boy, and also distress his wife?

1). Is he saying the child is irredeemable, and cannot change, even with proper training and supervision?

2). Did he propose any new alternatives that could resolve the problem, and also ensure the child was well catered for, and properly trained?

3). Did he make any attempt to resolve the situation, by at least meeting his wife halfway, in order to let peace reign?

4). By taking away her 2 year old toddler from his pregnant wife, does it show he is willing to resolve the matter?

5). And while he was refusing to agree to his wife's pleas, what would have happened to the boy? How would his refusal have helped to stop the boy from being maltreated, starved, or thrown out of her relative's place?

6). She tried to raise the issue of bringing her son back home to live with them, for 3 good years. Yet, you are asking "...If he had valid concerns. Did the lady make any effort to address them?" Really? You are still asking this question, after all what has been said, all through this very thread?

Finally, their expenses are jointly shared. So there is nothing like "my roof." It is "our roof," for this woman and her husband.

I asked you earlier, a very valid question which you ignored.

For how long exactly, should she continue placating the man, to allow her bring home her son, after broaching the subject with him for 3 years, since they moved into a new apartment? Should she spend an additional 3 years, 6 years or 10 years placating him?

11 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by CeterisXVII: 4:57pm On Mar 30, 2020
bukatyne:
You feel her pain from behind your device?

Hahahahahahaha.
Yes, o....it is called empathy. Emotionally intelligent people possess this quality. Not everyone is a sociopath, that cannot feel pain.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by bukatyne(f): 4:57pm On Mar 30, 2020
Resurgent2016:

@bold:

I am forced to agree with you at this point.

Husband took the daughter, said he did not want the son coming to pollute the children. Instead of madam to plead that her son needs fatherly attention hence the misbehavior and even draft her husband in, she listened to people who told her to damn her marriage and bring the boy.

She did, and her husband took his daughter in. For the first time, he drew a line between the kids. She still wasn't worried. Some people told her to beg the man since she has succeeded in bringing her son home; she said LA.

Husbandman has taken his daughter (since each person's kids is now more important than the union) she is now praying midnight prayers.

If she handled it well, in some months or weeks, the man would even be the one bounding with the son over man activities and teaching him stuff.

All the people edging her on would not
1. Tolerate their husbands to bring in his child without their agreement.
2. Tolerate their wives doing same.

Some witnessed their aunties/uncles begging the spouse to let them stay.

But you know, let's be woke and say things good for the internet.

At the end, everyone would log off and mind their business.

The OP would now be on her own.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Omar09(m): 5:00pm On Mar 30, 2020
Pearl05:

That man never loved you, save your strength after your delivery and when you are on your feet report him to human rights they will help you get your baby back.

Stay calm and be safe.

Nadem! Awon bad advisers.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by bukatyne(f): 5:01pm On Mar 30, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Yes, o....it is called empathy. Emotionally intelligent people possess this quality. Not everyone is a sociopath, that cannot feel pain.

Congratulations, Emotionally Intelligent Human.

Except you are going to give her emotional support/assist in getting her daughter/financial support etc. OFFLINE and willing to do so on a continuous basis, you are just 'sympathizing' with her.

Empathy is an action word.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by CeterisXVII: 5:05pm On Mar 30, 2020
bukatyne:
Congratulations, Emotionally Intelligent Human.

Except you are going to give her emotional support/assist in getting her daughter/financial support etc. OFFLINE and willing to do so on a continuous basis, you are just 'sympathizing' with her.

Empathy is an action word.

How does that concern you, o ye unintelligent human? shocked Has she said she cannot fend for her children, or provide them with support?

Hasn't she been picking up the bills of her kids all these while, before she got married and even while she was still married to the man? Didn't you read it, in her responses?

Have you forgotten all that? Go back and read the whole story from beginning again, before you start to misyarn.....

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by bukatyne(f): 5:09pm On Mar 30, 2020
CeterisXVII:

How does that concern you, o ye unintelligent human? Has she said she cannot fend for her children or provide them with support? Hasn't she been picking up the bills of her kids, all these while before she got married and even while she was still married to the man?

Have you forgotten all that? Go back and read the story from beginning again, before you start to misyarn.....

O Intelligent one,

It is only money that is used to train a child?

I am only pointing out that you haven't shown empathy is this case.

Considering you think it is only money that is used to train a child, I am not surprised you advice the woman to dispose of her marriage so easily.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 30, 2020
Oga oya go home,madam be submissive.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by bukatyne(f): 5:17pm On Mar 30, 2020
Graxie:
Don't bother trying to get reasonable answer. The good news is that the woman can survive without the man and her kids are healthy. They can't believe such people exist. They are used to cry cry babies depending on irresponsible men. I am surprise they are not quoting bible. The motto is always blame the woman while she keeps enduring. They don't care about the woman emotions, what matters is that she should remain married. Single motherhood means disease and so kids raised by such are vagabonds. I have been wondering how some of them still claim to be Christians. They expected her to get rid of her son in the name of marriage. Forgetting that this man lied to her, promised her mother that he will accept those kids as his. All those things don't count as long as she abandons her son and become ever happy with the man. Now they are changing it to, she would have keep begging the man, negotiate, make amends. They have seen the pictures and pehalps their judgement about the boy being a thief is changing. What a people!!!

Stop quoting people who respond to me, quote me directly: you would get the answers you seek that way.

1. It is unwise to jump into conclusions. My stance on this thread was always same: placate the husband, address his fears so he can father in addition to accommodating the child. That is the win-win situation in this case.

2. I believe you are also a Christian: show me where the Bible allows for divorce because the husband is unwilling to accommodate the wife's son.

3. If the woman CAN really survive without her husband or any other man, she would not have re-married. She had two kids before which she ought to be content with. If she did not hope the marriage would last at the beginning, she would not invest her body into birthing two additional kids within three years. And it is not all about money.

4. My motto is 'women take responsibility for your actions and decisions.' This same OP does not even know the family of her ex-husband.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Graxie(f): 5:23pm On Mar 30, 2020
CeterisXVII:

How does that concern you, o ye unintelligent human? shocked Has she said she cannot fend for her children, or provide them with support?

Hasn't she been picking up the bills of her kids all these while, before she got married and even while she was still married to the man? Didn't you read it, in her responses?

Have you forgotten all that? Go back and read the whole story from beginning again, before you start to misyarn.....
like I said, you can never get any reasonable response. The idea is always to ridicule the woman, their own bible abhore divorce while encouraging a woman to abandon her son. To them, a single mom is meant to die miserable in marriage because of her past. It's truly pathetic.

8 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by CeterisXVII: 5:25pm On Mar 30, 2020
bukatyne:
O Intelligent one,

It is only money that is used to train a child?

I am only pointing out that you haven't shown empathy is this case.

Considering you think it is only money that is used to train a child, I am not surprised you advice the woman to dispose of her marriage so easily.

O ye unintelligent one, are you suggesting that the mother lacks other things to take care of her children? Even when the father was there, she was the one taking care of those kids by herself. So what was the difference?

Thou unintelligent one, I did not advice her to dispose of her marriage so easily.

The man had already done so, by abandoning her while she was still pregnant, and taking away their child!! So what else could be done?

Not only that, were you expecting her to throw away her child and only son, just to please her egocentric husband, in order to save her marriage? Tell us.

15 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by CeterisXVII: 5:27pm On Mar 30, 2020
Graxie:
like I said, you can never get any reasonable response. The idea is always to ridicule the woman, their own bible abhore divorce while encouraging a woman to abandon her son. To them, a single mom is meant to die miserable in marriage because of her past. It's truly pathetic.
Don't mind the misguided lots. Can you see that the husband's supporters club, who keep advising her to hold on to the marriage and please the husband, HAVE NOT been able to offer any sensible suggestion or alternatives, that would solve the problem of the child and end his maltreatment??

8 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Resurgent2016: 5:33pm On Mar 30, 2020
CeterisXVII:

If he could accept one kid, and AGREED earlier before their marriage to also accept the other, why did he renege knowing it would jeopardise the future of the boy, and also distress his wife?

1). Is he saying the child is irredeemable, and cannot change, even with proper training and supervision?

2). Did he propose any new alternatives that could resolve the problem, and also ensure the child was well catered for, and properly trained?

3). Did he make any attempt to resolve the situation, by at least meeting his wife halfway, in order to let peace reign?

4). By taking away her 2 year old toddler from his pregnant wife, does it show he is willing to resolve the matter?

5). And while he was refusing to agree to his wife's pleas, what would have happened to the boy? How would his refusal have helped to stop the boy from being maltreated, starved, or thrown out of her relative's place?

6). She tried to raise the issue of bringing her son back home to live with them, for 3 good years. Yet, you are asking "...If he had valid concerns. Did the lady make any effort to address them?" Really? You are still asking this question, after all what has been said, all through this very thread?

Finally, their expenses are jointly shared. So there is nothing like "my roof." It is "our roof," for this woman and her husband.

I asked you earlier, a very valid question which you ignored.

For how long exactly, should she continue placating the man, to allow her bring home her son, after broaching the subject with him for 3 years, since they moved into a new apartment? Should she spend an additional 3 years, 6 years or 10 years placating him?

No problem madam. From my little knowledge finance, this Lady will likely run into some financial difficulties soon.
- she only paid six month rent in advance
- she is pregnant and doesnt and will likely have to shut her business down as the due date approaches
- family members who will threaten to throw out her kid will likely not be of much help
- she has two mouths to feed and one in the pipeline

I'll advice you reach out to her and let her know you are available to help whenever the need arises. Put your money where your mouth is....

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Graxie(f): 5:34pm On Mar 30, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Don't mind the misguided lots. Can you see that the husband's supporters club, who keep advising her to hold on to the marriage and please the husband, HAVE NOT been able to offer any sensible suggestion or alternatives, that would solve the problem of the child and end his maltreatment??
I have been here for a long time, I know how they roll. You see why I hate a woman getting pregnant aside marriage and asking for what to do? I hate it with passion because I know what they will tell her. It's so annoying seeing most young girls doing same, again and again. Most of them didn't marry as a virgin but are very fast in codeming single mom, I keep telling women, any man that can't afford 50 naira or 100 naira condom shouldn't even near you. As per their ways, they are ready to manufacture all manner of stories to make the woman feel bad, now the story is that she didn't know her first husband family when she clearly stated that they treated her badly. I know how they reason, it's normal.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by CeterisXVII: 5:41pm On Mar 30, 2020
Graxie:
I have been here for a long time, I know how they roll. You see why I hate a woman getting pregnant aside marriage and asking for what to do? I hate it with passion because I know what they will tell her. It's so annoying seeing most young girls doing same, again and again. Most of them didn't marry as a virgin but are very fast in codeming single mom, I keep telling women, any man that can't afford 50 naira or 100 naira condom shouldn't even near you. As per their ways, they are ready to manufacture all manner of stories to make the woman feel bad, now the story is that she didn't know her first husband family when she clearly stated that they treated her badly. I know how they reason, it's normal.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by CeterisXVII: 5:49pm On Mar 30, 2020
Resurgent2016:
No problem madam. From my little knowledge finance, this Lady will likely run into some financial difficulties soon.
- she is pregnant and doesnt and will likely have to shut her business down as the due date approaches
- family members who will threaten to throw out her kid will likely not be of much help

I'll advice you reach out to her and let her know you are available to help whenever the need arises. Put your money where your mouth is....
Oga, your little knowledge of finance is unnecessary in this case. She was a single mom who lived on her own for 6 good years, and brought up her 2 kids all by herself. Who helped her at that time?

In Nigeria, women do not shut down their businesses, just because they are pregnant or have had babies. They make alternative arrangements with friends and neighbours.

Go to open markets in different cities, they strap their babies to their backs, and continue with their work. shocked

And she was already feeding those two mouths all alone, even when she was living under the man's roof, with her children. So what else is new? undecided

She is only going to continue doing, what she has done, before.

Yes, she has another child on the way. She would take care of him or her, when the baby arrives...the same way she took care of the previous two, for 6 years, until that unfortunate man came to destabilise her life.

This is 2020. Many women have picked up the bills of their families in the past, and are still doing it till today. sad

Look at widows who are often left high and dry when they lose their husbands. Don't they bring up their kids singlehandedly too? Free your mind, Oga.

11 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by bukatyne(f): 5:54pm On Mar 30, 2020
Resurgent2016:

The woman they claim is handling 70% of the financial responsibilities?

Madam OP,

I have given the advice I would give my sister:

Mend your differences with your husband and get his buy in So he can be a father to your son and you all live in love and harmony.

However, do as you deem fit.

Just remember that you will bear the consequences of your decisions ALONE.

None of us will take part in it.

Ire o!

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Jman06(m): 6:01pm On Mar 30, 2020
Ganjafama:
Madam I pray you find joy, peace and if you desire, love. I hail your courage. Don't blame yourself for anything that has gone wrong. You happened to love the wrong men.
They always choose the wrong men for all the wrong reasons!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by CeterisXVII: 6:03pm On Mar 30, 2020
bukatyne:
@bold:

Husband took the daughter, said he did not want the son coming to pollute the children. Instead of madam to plead that her son needs fatherly attention hence the misbehavior and even draft her husband in, she listened to people who told her to damn her marriage and bring the boy.

She did, and her husband took his daughter in. For the first time, he drew a line between the kids. She still wasn't worried. Some people told her to beg the man since she has succeeded in bringing her son home; she said LA.

Husbandman has taken his daughter (since each person's kids is now more important than the union) she is now praying midnight prayers.

If she handled it well, in some months or weeks, the man would even be the one bounding with the son over man activities and teaching him stuff.

Why are you being deliberately obtuse? You ignored that part of the post, where she described how they had moved into a bigger apartment for 3 years, and he still refused to let her bring the child home, despite her pleas. Is he God? Even when we beg God, He listens..... undecided

And your long epistle up there, how has it improved the future of the 12 year old child, that is to be thrown out of her relative's house?

The wife should continue begging her husband, while her own son is thrown out to live on the street? shocked

Or what is your solution, other than to keep begging a man who has withheld his agreement for 3 good years, while her son was being maltreated and starved outside her home?

Respect is earned, not given. If the man had behaved respectfully towards his wife and her son, all these would not have arisen. sad

I am sure your aunties and uncles did not beg their husbands or wives for 3 whole years, to let their neices or nephews come to stay with them. At most, it must have been for a few days, as men of old were not the cold hearted jerks that abound here, today. smiley

Many of you people lack compassion and understanding, I swear.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by rayvelez(m): 6:09pm On Mar 30, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Why are you being deliberately obtuse? You ignored that part of the post, where she described how they had moved into a bigger apartment for 3 years, and he still refused to let her bring the child home, despite her pleas.

And you long epistle up there, how has it improved the future of the child that is to be thrown out of her relative's house?

The wife should continue begging ye husband, while her own son is thrown out to live on the street?

Or what is your solution, other than to keep begging a man who has withheld his agreement for 3 good years, while her son was being maltreated and starved outside her home?

Respect is earned, not given. If the man had behaved respectfully towards his wife and her son, all these would not have arisen.

I am su
re your aunties and uncles did not beg their husbands or wives for 3 whole years, to let their neices or nephews come to stay with them. At most, it must have been for a few days, as men of old were not the cold hearted jerks that abound here, today.

You the HUSBAND that married a single mom of 2 why did u moved in them and not ur own house.
You lost that respect the very first day you moved in with them.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by CeterisXVII: 6:11pm On Mar 30, 2020
rayvelez:
You the HUSBAND that married a single mom of 2 why did u moved in them and not ur own house.
You lost that respect the very first day you moved in with them.
Tell the husband that, o! I don't know why he did so.....

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Graxie(f): 6:17pm On Mar 30, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Why are you being deliberately obtuse? You ignored that part of the post, where she described how they had moved into a bigger apartment for 3 years, and he still refused to let her bring the child home, despite her pleas. Is he God? Even when we beg God, He listens..... undecided

And your long epistle up there, how has it improved the future of the 12 year old child, that is to be thrown out of her relative's house?

The wife should continue begging her husband, while her own son is thrown out to live on the street? shocked

Respect is earned, not given. If the man had behaved respectfully towards his wife and her son, all these would not have arisen. sad

I am sure your aunties and uncles did not beg their husbands or wives for 3 whole years, to let their neices or nephews come to stay with them. At most, it must have been for a few days, as men of old were not the cold hearted jerks that abound here, today. smiley

HAhahaha, you haven't seen nothing yet. Just keep watching, you will be amazed.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by bukatyne(f): 6:20pm On Mar 30, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Why are you being deliberately obtuse? You ignored that part of the post, where she described how they had moved into a bigger apartment for 3 years, and he still refused to let her bring the child home, despite her pleas.

And you long epistle up there, how has it improved the future of the child that is to be thrown out of her relative's house?

The wife should continue begging ye husband, while her own son is thrown out to live on the street?

Respect is earned, not given. If the man had behaved respectfully towards his wife and her son, all these would not have arisen.

I am sure your aunties and uncles did not beg their husbands or wives for 3 whole years, to let their neices or nephews come to stay with them. At most, it must have been for a few days, as men of old were not the cold hearted jerks that abound here, today.

This is the OP's first post:

[b]I had 2 children. When I got married, my husband had none and accepted them like his own children.

Before marriage, we had discussed about the children living with us after marriage but that couldn’t be possible anymore because we were having financial problem so we couldn’t afford to move to a bigger apartment. We were staying in a room self contain with my daughter while my son was staying with my elder brother and his wife.

Now three years after we had moved to a bigger house still my husband doesn’t want my son to come and live with us. At the moment my son is going through hard times. My sister in law has been maltreating him to an extent that he has been stealing, he was caught and beaten like an animal. My brother said he doesn’t want him in his house again. He wants me to come and collect him.

I pleaded with my husband for me to bring him with us but he said no, he should stay there because he doesn't want him to damage our children. I’m angry at him I stopped talking to him and I don’t know where my son will go because I have no mother no father it’s only my elder brother and kid sister even my sister who is married doesn’t want him. I’m pained and in tears seeing my only son suffering while I’m still alive and I’m helpless to protect him. [/b]

1. The husband accepted her children as his and they both agreed that after their marriage, they would move in with the new couple.

2. For whatever reason, they could not accommodate both kids and took in the little girl while the boy was sent to her brother.

3. After three years, things are better for them and there is a space for the boy.

4. At the same time, the OP's son started stealing and her brother accommodating him told her to pick him up.

5. She pleaded with her husband and he said no because he doesn't want the boy to damage the children.

6. The OP became angry and came to NL.

So at what point did she state that she begged her husband for three years? The OP told us same husband was warm towards her kids and was reluctant to take the boy in because of his stealing habit. At the point of the story, the husband still said 'he doesn't want the boy to damage the kids' meaning he had accepted the younger girl fully as his own daughter and looked out for her.

I have deliberately ignored all the insults to yourself because of the sensitivity of this story.

I also came back to lay open the OP's post so that people can see the husband is not a monster and she has not been begging him for 3 years like you and others have been parading.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by CeterisXVII: 6:22pm On Mar 30, 2020
eniolorunfe:
See fine children kiss

God bless you momma! You will reap the fruit of your labour and your children will bring you only Joy all the days of your life in Jesus name!!! (amen)

***A man that cannot be a covering to the woman he married has no business marrying her in the first place***
Gbam!! God bless you!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by CeterisXVII: 6:25pm On Mar 30, 2020
Ardar:
The woman in question just confirmed that her husband dumped the little girl with his sister

He obviously can't take care of a two year old, but wickedness won't let him see to reason.

You see this thing called ego? It can make a man behave like a fool

God bless you 100-fold. Thank you for educating the clueless oafs on this thread.

Jman06:
Be strong madam, you'll be fine!
See the small boy they call "thief"

That man is a scammer!
Hehehe...... cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by CeterisXVII: 6:37pm On Mar 30, 2020
bukatyne:
This is the OP's first post:

[b]I had 2 children. When I got married, my husband had none and accepted them like his own children.

Before marriage, we had discussed about the children living with us after marriage but that couldn’t be possible anymore because we were having financial problem so we couldn’t afford to move to a bigger apartment. We were staying in a room self contain with my daughter while my son was staying with my elder brother and his wife.

Now three years after we had moved to a bigger house still my husband doesn’t want my son to come and live with us. At the moment my son is going through hard times. My sister in law has been maltreating him to an extent that he has been stealing, he was caught and beaten like an animal. My brother said he doesn’t want him in his house again. He wants me to come and collect him.

I pleaded with my husband for me to bring him with us but he said no, he should stay there because he doesn't want him to damage our children. I’m angry at him I stopped talking to him and I don’t know where my son will go because I have no mother no father it’s only my elder brother and kid sister even my sister who is married doesn’t want him. I’m pained and in tears seeing my only son suffering while I’m still alive and I’m helpless to protect him. [/b]

1. The husband accepted her children as his and they both agreed that after their marriage, they would move in with the new couple.

2. For whatever reason, they could not accommodate both kids and took in the little girl while the boy was sent to her brother.

3. After three years, things are better for them and there is a space for the boy.

4. At the same time, the OP's son started stealing and her brother accommodating him told her to pick him up.

5. She pleaded with her husband and he said no because he doesn't want the boy to damage the children.

6. The OP became angry and came to NL.

So at what point did she state that she begged her husband for three years? The OP told us same husband was warm towards her kids and was reluctant to take the boy in because of his stealing habit. At the point of the story, the husband still said 'he doesn't want the boy to damage the kids' meaning he had accepted the younger girl fully as his own daughter and looked out for her.

I have deliberately ignored all the insults to yourself because of the sensitivity of this story.

I also came back to lay open the OP's post so that people can see the husband is not a monster and she has not been begging him for 3 years like you and others have been parading.

I read the OP's entire post, and I have been following all the OP's responses, on this thread.

You obviously ignored this part, where she said clearly:
"Now three years after we had moved to a bigger house still my husband doesn’t want my son to come and live with us. At the moment my son is going through hard times. My sister in law has been maltreating him to an extent that he has been stealing, he was caught and beaten like an animal. My brother said he doesn’t want him in his house again. He wants me to come and collect him...."

Now, what does it tell you? sad

1). The issue of the boy moving back home to live with them, has been ongoing for 3 years since they moved into the new apartment, because she said clearly that "3 years after we moved into a bigger apartment, still my husband does not want him to come and live with us."

This means she had asked for his permission to bring the boy home during that period, and he refused. Or how else would she have known that he does NOT want the boy to come and live with them? shocked

2). When the boy was going to be thrown out, she pleaded with him. What did he do? Did he provide any solution to the problem? Did he help her to arrange for an alternative, that could change the boy's situation, and stop him from being maltreated?

3). You advocated that she should keep pleading with the man. And my question still remains: "for how long?"

4). Do you have any idea what would have happened to the boy who was being starved of food and maltreated, while his mother's husband kept refusing to give consent to allow him move in with them?

5). You have seen the picture of the boy and the rest of her kids.

Are you still advising that she should ignore the predicament of her son, and keep begging a man who has not shown any interest, in the plight of his wife and how she would resolve the problems, concerning her son?

I am curious to know what you suggest she should do with the boy, after he gets thrown out, since you keep advising her to beg the man. Where should she have kept him?

14 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 30, 2020
Jman06:
Be strong madam, you'll be fine!
See the small boy they call "thief"

That man is a scammer!

I knowww cool
Dear OP, I love you, from the depth of my soul
God will bless you, always
Do you live in the SEast?
Dear ifyalways, good evening ma’am...please kindly read through the thread, is there anything we can do for this lady? Like, a real empowerment thing? Take your time with it, the poster is a super human and not made of glass. She is fine, regardless. So do your thing. Sorry for disturbing you. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Jman06(m): 6:41pm On Mar 30, 2020
bukatyne:

@bold:

What was this man's intent when he initially agreed to accept the woman and her kids from onset Why is he now reneging on the agreement with the flimsy excuse of tagging a 12years old boy a thief! If he has another reason for refusing to accept the boy, let him explain! As far as I am concerned he has not given a tangible reason! I suspect that he might have some other ulterior reasons!

Honestly, if this man was kept in the dark as par the existence of these kids, then he'll be right to react in the manner he is reacting now. His action presently paints the picture of a scammer with some sinister motives or an immature boy who cannot stand by his words like responsible men do.

For how long do you think the madam should have begged before the man agrees to accept the boy For crying out loud, they had been on the issue for three good years and the man refused! Pressure was being mounted on the woman from her brother to come and take the boy, what would you have her do in that situation

I honestly think the man was unreasonable for deciding not to take the boy in.
THOSE WHO PRIZE MUST BE READY TO PAY

15 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 30, 2020
Ganjafama:
Madam I pray you find joy, peace and if you desire, love. I hail your courage. Don't blame yourself for anything that has gone wrong. You happened to love the wrong men.

e-hugs to you
What a beautiful post
God bless you

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (Reply)

The Pretty Banker Who Married A Danfo Driver: True Love Story / Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.