Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy (6617 Views)

I Made My Ex-girlfriend(who Is Now A Single Mother) A Deal, Would You Take It ? / Doctor Paid His Mother A Surprise Visit After 7 Years Abroad (Photos) / Do You Think Intertribal Marriage Should Be Encouraged? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by KingSatan: 3:53pm On Mar 13, 2020
Omar09:

There... I made it perfect.

Good points tho.

Where the hell is CAPSLOCKED? IS HE BANNED AGAIN?

cheesy
Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by SweetCunt97(f): 3:57pm On Mar 13, 2020
KingSatan:

May Your Heart Desires Be Granted.

Raising children is another journey entirely. Even when you think they are all grown, you still can't get your eyes off them. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Lol. I can imagine.
Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by Vyolet(f): 3:58pm On Mar 13, 2020
KingSatan:

I am not your agemate Mr.

My Thought level is quite different from yours and that is "perception".

For your information, i am not condemning the boy in totality or saying the boy should be cast away just as his mum's immediate relatives have done.

This man loved and loves this boy wholeheartedly. He is only Afraid since the boy have cultivated bad habits.

There are better ways to handle this situation. The woman hasn't done enough and she ran to Nairaland. Next thing she revealed his financial status.

Do you think it is proper?

See this woman for who she is.

The other Child born out of her previous marriage is still living with the man and has a perfect relationship with him.

Think about that.
Mrsatan sir, as a grandfather, if this woman walks up to you for advice, what would you suggest she do?
Leave the son to sleep under the bridge or what?

7 Likes

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by KingSatan: 4:05pm On Mar 13, 2020
Vyolet:

Mrsatan sir, as a grandfather, if this woman walks up to you for advice, what would you suggest she do?
Leave the son to sleep under the bridge or what?

My Dear,

I am not condemning this boy in totality. That woman in the picture got married for the wrong reasons and it is evident from her writeup.

Advice 1

If she values her marriage, she should engage her husband in a heart to heart and try to convince him. From what i observed, the man isn't convinced enough. And believe me, it is very hard for a man or woman to accept a child with a history of crime. If she engages him and he is adamant, she can enrol the boy in a boarding school. I believe when the man sees the boy in his house for the second time, and he is coming from school and behaving well. The man will happily accept him.

The man loves that boy. If you are a parent, you will understand what a negative influence can do to your perfect child.

Advice number 2

This woman yearns to be single again. But the truth is, singlehood cannot help her at this stage of her life because her children need a father figure which was why she got married in the first place. But if she thinks she can sustain singlehood, i will advise she dissolves the union and become a single parent.

Remember, nothing will ever make this woman love her husband naturally again. And nothing will ever make this woman love the children she has from this marriage more than the one she had from the previous. If you doubt me, read her quotes again.

The world is already a mess because of Fathers absconding and outsourcing their responsibilities.
Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by 24kmagic: 4:06pm On Mar 13, 2020
I always say women should be careful because of how the society see things.
Women should try as much as possible to calculate every of their moves before they make them. Because one single mistake and your life is messed up. A man can make that same type of mistake and still get away with it. This is not something feminism or equality can change. Not now, not ever. Because the father of those two kids might be somewhere now chilling and having a great time.

How on earth will a woman allow herself get pregnant twice for a man whose relatives she doesn't know and who she's not married to?

It's unfortunate the children are the ones who get to suffer for their mother's indiscretions.

If I were the man (even though I can never be because I don't like single mothers), I will allow the boy come into the house. But that father figure she wants for him she'll not get it. I won't give a fvck about him. I won't care whether he continues stealing or not. I won't be the one to train someone's son even though the real father is alive. I won't be the one to pay the price for the sins of another man.

Young girls should know the kind of guys they follow.

Two kids for a man I'm not married to? That's the height of irresponsibility.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by Ehiscotch(m): 4:07pm On Mar 13, 2020
After reading and reading all the opinions and counter opinions, I have come to the conclusion that the OP is the husband in question. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by Ehiscotch(m): 4:11pm On Mar 13, 2020
24kmagic:
Women should try as much as possible to calculate every of their moves before they make them. Because one single mistake and your life is messed up. A man can make that same type of mistake and still get away with it. This is not something feminism or equality can change. Not now, now ever.

How on a will a woman

I must say that your signature and your comment are completely diverse.
Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by Davash222(m): 4:13pm On Mar 13, 2020
Nice points you’ve got there, @OP.

Jacqueline22, would like to hear your contribution regarding this.
Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by KingSatan: 4:16pm On Mar 13, 2020
Davash222:

You are welcome Davash cheesy
Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by xendra: 4:24pm On Mar 13, 2020
Oche211:

Lolz....
Relax old lady, I am not responsible for your frustrations...
Channel it somewhere else.
Ladies like you walk around with so much bitterness, anger and resentments.
Quick word of advice, no man wants an old serpent in his house. Be guided.
walk around bitter cheesy only dumb people think they know everything grin you sound dumb all over again SMH you are incorrigible

1 Like

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by foolbuster: 4:34pm On Mar 13, 2020
KingSatan:
Dear Nairalanders,

This is my opinion on the subject that "No Man Should be Encouraged to marry a single mother". It is actually a response to Vyvyanvyvy 's thread on Her husband's decision not to take back their son as agreed before marriage.

Please Click this link for her post https://www.nairaland.com/5731810/husband-doesnt-want-son-come

Over the years, i have disagreed with people who conclude that single mothers marry because they are looking for a "Father Figure" in the life of their children and never because of love. Maybe i was wrong to disagree with them as this story is an eyeopener on how this set of manipulative women always resort to emotional blackmail in order to shame the man when he refuses to give in to their demand of total commitment to their love child or children. The most amazing thing is that her children have a father, but they are never going to blame him for abandoning them or quitting the relationship. They are never going to send the kids to their biological relative or even give the "New Husband" the honour of renaming the children after him. Some of these women even go as far as creating room for segregation.

Now lets get down to business by critically analysing her story.

1. This woman had 2 children (12 and Six years old) from a previous relationship. The Father of her Children is Currently in Italy and told her to move on with her life as he has done. Good Lord knows why he abandoned his own family (Since there is a 3 years gap between the 2 kids, i will assume the first was 3 years old when he left)

2. She claims not to have Her Ex husbands contact or that of his siblings. This should tell you that this woman never had a good relationship with her husband's people and the reason for that is unknown.

2. She got married to this Man 3 Years ago and the marriage has produced a girl who is 2 years old and she is pregnant for another. Good Lord knows this woman loves kids.

3. Before her marriage with the new man was consummated, she confirmed that her husband ACCEPTED THE KIDS LIKE HIS OWN. Was he pretending? I dont think so.

4. Due to financial challenges, they moved to a smaller apartment and lived together with the Girl Child while the boy was sent to live with her elder brother and his wife. All through this period, the man never maltreated the girl child or rejected her.

5. Things got better 3 years later and they moved into a bigger apartment. Life has been good to them at least. cheesy

6. Her Husband has reneged on their agreement to bring in their son into the new apartment to live with them. We don't know his reasons but maybe, she will give us a clue in the next point. Remember, the Girl child still lives in peace with him in the house, he treats her just right and they have a perfect relationship.

7. This woman confirmed that her son is now a petty thief. In a space of 3 years, He was caught stealing and beaten like an animal. Whatever he stole is none of our business. cheesy

8. She pleaded with her husband to allow the boy to come and live with them and he said NO, his reason "he doesn't want him to damage our children". "Children" includes the girl child from the previous marriage I believe.

9. This boy has been rejected by his mothers immediate relatives (Her brother and Sister) due to his strange behaviours and thieving nature.

10. She claims she foots %70 of the bills in the family. Who knows? Married men will agree that when a woman resorts to emotional blackmail, this is her usual line.

11. This woman reconfirmed that her son is more important than her marriage. Here "I will not take him anywhere why does he have to live like an orphan whyle im alive ? To be honest My son is more important than my marriage and it’s my responsibilities to protect him"

12. Have you also observed that this woman Never talked about "Loving her husband"? Another confirmation that love never existed in the beginning.

My Good Friends, from the points listed above, you will agree with me that this woman married her current husband because she wanted a father figure for her children.

Anyone noticed how she isn't talking about her daughter with the man in question?

Which man will watch a thief come into his house in broad daylight and do nothing about it?

Or you think the man has no clue about your her son's sudden change?

All i see is a man who fears for the future. It's just like asking this woman to accept her Ex-husband just because he promised that he will always love her. Time Changes and People too.

What if the husband is the one trying to bring in his love child who steals? Will the woman allow that without a second thought?

If you are a parent, you will attest to the fact that one negative influence can destroy your perfect child.

My honest advice to this woman is to go back to single parenting. She cannot continue to be married as the marriage was a sham in the first place.

I believe if her current husband is given an opportunity to tell his own side of the story, ears will tingle.

To the young man out there who is about to make this mistake of a lifetime, please read this thread and reconsider.

Mods Of Honour

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
RoyalRoy
OAM4J
dominique
Sissy3

Special Guests of Honour

Daddytime = Veteran in Marital affairs like me i think. wink

Gofront = Regular Nairaland Troll (No Offence Please cheesy)

Ubunja = Controversial Online Malculinity Coach. cheesy

Pocochantas = My Favourite African Feminist, Electronic Fight-Mate and Nairaland's Favourite Evening Newspaper cheesy

Oyindidi = Poco's Apprentice cheesy

Davash222 = Nairalander cheesy

AreaFada2 = Nairalander cheesy

xendra = Another Upcoming Yoruba Feminist. cheesy

SATAN

You guys should take it easy. The husband of the woman in question not only knew the woman had 2 kids before he married her but agreed to accomodate them too. This is depite all the choice of single ladies he had out there.

Are you telling me if the man was the boy's biological father he would chase him out of his house because he stole?

The man should man up and bring that boy home. That is part of the baggage he has to carry. He has made his choice. Afterall marriage is for better or for worst.

4 Likes

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by 24kmagic: 4:34pm On Mar 13, 2020
Ehiscotch:

I must say that your signature and your comment are completely diverse.

Lol
Why didn't you allow me finish before mentioning me? I booked space earlier.

Our girls need to wise up. At times I see the kind of boys young girls follow and I begin to wonder the rationale behind their choice.

I keep on asking myself each day, how did God create women of the last forty years? Because our mothers made good choices. Could civilization and education be the reasons for this sudden indiscretions from the female folks?

Asin most Nigerian girls are so, so, without taste.
Asin they no get sense. Even the academically brilliant ones are still found wanting when it comes to choosing a man and relationship in general.

Two kids for a man whose relatives I don't know and whom I'm not married to?

Shame Shame Shame.

6 Likes

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by worworbabe: 4:47pm On Mar 13, 2020
KingSatan:
Dear Nairalanders,

This is my opinion on the subject that "No Man Should be Encouraged to marry a single mother". It is actually a response to Vyvyanvyvy 's thread on Her husband's decision not to take back their son as agreed before marriage.

Please Click this link for her post https://www.nairaland.com/5731810/husband-doesnt-want-son-come

Over the years, i have disagreed with people who conclude that single mothers marry because they are looking for a "Father Figure" in the life of their children and never because of love. Maybe i was wrong to disagree with them as this story is an eyeopener on how this set of manipulative women always resort to emotional blackmail in order to shame the man when he refuses to give in to their demand of total commitment to their love child or children. The most amazing thing is that her children have a father, but they are never going to blame him for abandoning them or quitting the relationship. They are never going to send the kids to their biological relative or even give the "New Husband" the honour of renaming the children after him. Some of these women even go as far as creating room for segregation.

Now lets get down to business by critically analysing her story.

1. This woman had 2 children (12 and Six years old) from a previous relationship. The Father of her Children is Currently in Italy and told her to move on with her life as he has done. Good Lord knows why he abandoned his own family (Since there is a 3 years gap between the 2 kids, i will assume the first was 3 years old when he left)

2. She claims not to have Her Ex husbands contact or that of his siblings. This should tell you that this woman never had a good relationship with her husband's people and the reason for that is unknown.

2. She got married to this Man 3 Years ago and the marriage has produced a girl who is 2 years old and she is pregnant for another. Good Lord knows this woman loves kids.

3. Before her marriage with the new man was consummated, she confirmed that her husband ACCEPTED THE KIDS LIKE HIS OWN. Was he pretending? I dont think so.

4. Due to financial challenges, they moved to a smaller apartment and lived together with the Girl Child while the boy was sent to live with her elder brother and his wife. All through this period, the man never maltreated the girl child or rejected her.

5. Things got better 3 years later and they moved into a bigger apartment. Life has been good to them at least. cheesy

6. Her Husband has reneged on their agreement to bring in their son into the new apartment to live with them. We don't know his reasons but maybe, she will give us a clue in the next point. Remember, the Girl child still lives in peace with him in the house, he treats her just right and they have a perfect relationship.

7. This woman confirmed that her son is now a petty thief. In a space of 3 years, He was caught stealing and beaten like an animal. Whatever he stole is none of our business. cheesy

8. She pleaded with her husband to allow the boy to come and live with them and he said NO, his reason "he doesn't want him to damage our children". "Children" includes the girl child from the previous marriage I believe.

9. This boy has been rejected by his mothers immediate relatives (Her brother and Sister) due to his strange behaviours and thieving nature.

10. She claims she foots %70 of the bills in the family. Who knows? Married men will agree that when a woman resorts to emotional blackmail, this is her usual line.

11. This woman reconfirmed that her son is more important than her marriage. Here "I will not take him anywhere why does he have to live like an orphan whyle im alive ? To be honest My son is more important than my marriage and it’s my responsibilities to protect him"

12. Have you also observed that this woman Never talked about "Loving her husband"? Another confirmation that love never existed in the beginning.

My Good Friends, from the points listed above, you will agree with me that this woman married her current husband because she wanted a father figure for her children.

Anyone noticed how she isn't talking about her daughter with the man in question?

Which man will watch a thief come into his house in broad daylight and do nothing about it?

All i see is a man who fears for the future. It's just like asking this woman to accept her Ex-husband just because he promised that he will always love her. Time Changes and People too.

What if the husband is the one trying to bring in his love child who steals? Will the woman allow that without a second thought?

If you are a parent, you will attest to the fact that one negative influence can destroy your perfect child.

My honest advice to this woman is to go back to single parenting. She cannot continue to be married as the marriage was a sham in the first place.

I believe if her current husband is given an opportunity to tell his own side of the story, ears will tingle.

To the young man out there who is about to make this mistake of a lifetime, please read this thread and reconsider.

Mods Of Honour

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
RoyalRoy
OAM4J
dominique
Sissy3

Special Guests of Honour

Daddytime = Veteran in Marital affairs like me i think. wink

Gofront = Regular Nairaland Troll (No Offence Please cheesy)

Ubunja = Controversial Online Malculinity Coach. cheesy

Pocochantas = My Favourite African Feminist, Electronic Fight-Mate and Nairaland's Favourite Evening Newspaper cheesy

Oyindidi = Poco's Apprentice cheesy

Davash222 = Nairalander cheesy

AreaFada2 = Nairalander cheesy

xendra = Another Upcoming Yoruba Feminist. cheesy

SATAN

Some of you are just shameless. As a grown man that you are, you had to create a whole new thread to showcase crass stupidity. Didn't the man accept to care for the child? Do you think she would have married him if she thought he would renegade?
If this son is his own child, would he send him away for the same offence?

Should a woman throw away her own child for a man, who according to her isn't even that responsible?
Who then stands for this child?

When the gender bias overclouds your thinking, you forget that this is a child who needs care, a tomorrow's man, father and someone's husband or even a future leader.

Some of you don't use your brains appropriately.

Any man who would keep a woman from her children isn't worth anything. She can't love him and her love for him can't come up in this discussion.

11 Likes

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by Danzakidakura(m): 5:27pm On Mar 13, 2020
Oche211:
I keep to one rule...
No matter how young, beautiful or intelligent a single mother is, I will never go close to her.
Never enter any relationship with her.
I will kill any feeling at all for her.
Single woman, especially the unmarried ones are full of baggages and shits.
They can give trouble for a lifetime.
Especially the unmarried baby Mama's, run as far from them as your legs can carry you unless you are a man that love trouble.
thank you very much for this piece of advice.i have one presently in Jos, thank God nothing have happen between us.she will always call to accuse me of forgetting her. I am on the run already self.
Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by davillian(m): 6:40pm On Mar 13, 2020
Ehiscotch:
But a woman can marry a single father right?
Such double standard.

If it were the man's child and the woman rejected him because he's stealing what would y'all say?

Oh, the usual bad stepmother narrative would follow.

I no even blame una, na the people wey dey carry personal matter dey come nairaland thinking they have counsellors here naim I blame.

I have seen children live without their parents before — with friends, relatives — and it's bad. They tend to be very rebellious due to a feeling of rejection. It's not very easy growing away from one parent not to talk of two. The child is only twelve and shouldn't even be called a "thief" or even suffer jungle justice.

I can't blame the woman. I don't care what happened in the previous relationship and we should all stop trying to be experts on this because we are not. People make mistakes; this is real life, shit happens.

Shiit happens
She pays 70% of the bills at home
So why get married again what is she looking for?
Women that would want to kill a single dads child once you marry them grin
Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by Oche211(m): 7:04pm On Mar 13, 2020
Danzakidakura:
thank you very much for this piece of advice.i have one presently in Jos, thank God nothing have happen between us.she will always call to accuse me of forgetting her. I am on the run already self.
Na so
Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by Oche211(m): 7:06pm On Mar 13, 2020
xendra:
walk around bitter cheesy only dumb people think they know everything grin you sound dumb all over again SMH you are incorrigible

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by Jacqueline22(f): 7:36pm On Mar 13, 2020
Davash222:

Lol I don’t have anything to say. I don’t involved myself with relationship matters because I’m single to stupor.

1 Like

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by jasman1: 7:46pm On Mar 13, 2020
The boy’s the victim in this messed up relationship, I had goosebumps reading her story and I believe the boy is looking for his dad. I almost lost my seven year old son when I was sent to work in another country for just three months. The first month was okay, then he started acting up. He doesn’t respect his mom or anyone and even stopped going to school. He gets angry and violent and throw things. It was a mess. I still make foreign trips but have resorted to talking everyone on any trip that will last more than a month. I don’t believe the young man’s a thief, he’s missing his biological father. The woman is not being completely honest, someone knows where the son’s dad is. His son needs him more than ever and I sincerely wish him well

1 Like

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by sisisioge: 8:12pm On Mar 13, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin

This OP no well! Your points areostly myopic.
Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by jelel6: 9:37pm On Mar 13, 2020
KingSatan:
Dear Nairalanders,

After reading everything this man had to say here, I must say that people are really NOT NICE in this part of the World.

For a man who claims to be a grandfather, I'm truly disappointed to read such statements filled with senselessness and reflection. MY GOD! OH.

So, A MAN to you is 'some' man who sees a 12 year old boy facing life's struggles with the help of his Mom, the only responsible parent left, then decides to marry the mom into his home while leaving the boy to wander the earth alone?

So, A MAN to you is someone who THINKS the place of a 12 year old boy is not besides his mom and his step dad but WITH an Uncle with his wife?

Will this your version of A MAN take this very own uncle's child himself?

And a grandfather as you call yourself have the temerity and self-righteousness to called a struggling 12 year old boy a thief?

What did he steal? It could be a cup of garri when no food morning till afternoon! Perhaps, he saw Uncle giving his own children lunch money to buy biscuits, and couldn't handle the urge looking at uncle's junior munching biscuits buy the corner alone everyday.

So, you're telling us from your experience as a father that when a child makes a mistake, you send them away from the house to live with uncle's and aunties.

How many of YOUR OWN CHILDREN ARE STILL LEFT WITH YOU AT HOME? Because don't tell me they don't make mistakes even while leaving with their parents.

You even have the GUTS to talk about a "perfect child". Which perfect child?

Be honest and take a moment to reflect on the atrocities you have committed when you were only 12 years old.

Reflect. Reflect. Reflect. Did someone ship you off to Uncle's and Aunties?

It Sucks to be you Sir. I'm only glad I don't have to ever listen to you TALK.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by 21cents: 9:44pm On Mar 13, 2020
24kmagic:
Women should try as much as possible to calculate every of their moves before they make them. Because one single mistake and your life is messed up. A man can make that same type of mistake and still get away with it. This is not something feminism or equality can change. Not now, not ever. Because the father of those two kids might be somewhere now chilling and having a great time.

How on earth will a woman allow herself get pregnant twice for a man whose relatives she doesn't know and who she's not married to?

It's unfortunate the children are the ones who get to suffer for their mother's indiscretions.

If I were the man (even though I can never be because I don't like single mothers), I will allow the boy come into the house. But that father figure she wants for him she'll not get it. I won't give a fvck about him. I won't care whether he continues stealing or not. I won't be the one to train someone's son even though the real father is alive. I won't be the one to pay the price for the sins of another man.

Young girls should know the kind of guys they follow.

Two kids for a man I'm not married to? That's the height of irresponsibility.
spoken well like a true sage sir..

I salute your wise words sir. I hope female folks adhere to the points you raised.
Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by Curiouscity(m): 9:59pm On Mar 13, 2020
Ehiscotch:

Not such a smart response from someone who is looking to get his post on front-page.

Don't mind the guy. He is the prosecutor,, the judge and the executor.

This poor ability to engage others in a meaningful discussion/debate is why our political system is full of thuggery.

1 Like

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by LadySarah: 9:59pm On Mar 13, 2020
Ehiscotch:
Right now. I don't think we have parents on nairaland. All they probably are still immature, really.

Or is it too many movies or what? A child stole at 12 and somebody is asking what he stole, really and is even calling him a thief. See ehn, it's taking me a lot of willpower not to use derogatory words but for the life of me I can't stand the shallow reasoning.

The man really has to reach a compromise. The child doesn't deserve to be abandoned. If the child fails to change after some sort of strict conditioning then you can say you tried.

Failing to try at all means you failed all together.

I don't know you but God bless you so much
Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by davidpeace99: 10:12pm On Mar 13, 2020
My name is David and i reside in Surulere. Most people - Business men and women, people on jobs that require time and presence find it tough to arrange/clean the house, work and take care of the kids altogether. I can help lift a bit of the burden by arranging/cleaning your entire house. Also, documents that can guarantee your safely and that of your items can be provided. I work solely and i try to be efficient. So my number is 08110275067. You can chat via whatsapp and also call or text. Good Day All and Thank you
Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by jelel6: 10:31pm On Mar 13, 2020
jelel6:

After reading everything this man had to say here, I must say that people are really NOT NICE in this part of the World.

For a man who claims to be a grandfather, I'm truly disappointed to read such statements filled with senselessness and reflection. MY GOD! OH.

So, A MAN to you is 'some' man who sees a 12 year old boy facing life's struggles with the help of his Mom, the only responsible parent left, then decides to marry the mom into his home while leaving the boy to wander the earth alone?

So, A MAN to you is someone who THINKS the place of a 12 year old boy is not besides his mom and his step dad but WITH an Uncle with his wife?

Will this your version of A MAN take this very own uncle's child himself?

And a grandfather as you call yourself have the temerity and self-righteousness to called a struggling 12 year old boy a thief?

What did he steal? It could be a cup of garri when no food morning till afternoon! Perhaps, he saw Uncle giving his own children lunch money to buy biscuits, and couldn't handle the urge looking at uncle's junior munching biscuits buy the corner alone everyday.

So, you're telling us from your experience as a father that when a child makes a mistake, you send them away from the house to live with uncle's and aunties.

How many of YOUR OWN CHILDREN ARE STILL LEFT WITH YOU AT HOME? Because don't tell me they don't make mistakes even while leaving with their parents.

You even have the GUTS to talk about a "perfect child". Which perfect child?

Be honest and take a moment to reflect on the atrocities you have committed when you were only 12 years old.

Reflect. Reflect. Reflect. Did someone ship you off to Uncle's and Aunties?

It Sucks to be you Sir. I'm only glad I don't have to ever listen to you TALK.

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by seanwilliam(m): 11:19pm On Mar 13, 2020
People on nairaland are just talking with emotions and not fact/ reality

1. How on earth would you get two kids for a person you dont know his family?? This tells the kind of person u are.. the story is not adding up atall.. I need a very clear explanation for this..
2. Wether u pilfering at age 12 or 21 , na still thief you be, in as much you can differentiate your right and left hand then you know what is bad is bad..if his thieving act is not curbed on time , it might metamorphosed to robbery when gets older...every thief has an excuse or touching story.. so it is the responsibility of the woman to make sure the boy is corrected before it's too late

3. That woman shouldnt be an ingrate haba, single MAN married you with your baggage and you still talking as if it is his right to shoulder your mistakes, well you get luck sha
4. That woman doesn't love the man atall.. he married him for her selfish interest
5. Your own family , I mean your people related by blood cant keep up or shoulder your baggage and u wanna make an innocent man to suffer for what he knew nothing about hahahah. You are very wicked..
6. You're still an ingrate, because afterall the man accepted one of the kids, you are not even thankful, and you washing the man dirty linen outside that he is not financially responsible ( u said he doesn't buy things for the daughter) and that you pay 70 % of the Bill's.. let me tell you one thing, pray the man doesn't get to see this on nairaland because if he does, you are a goner already..

No matter how u want to say it, you brought this on yourself.. oyinbo say fool me once, you're a fool , fool me twice then I'm indeed a fool( u give person two kids without knowing him relatives?? Hahaha, you self hear am)..

It is not advisable to marry a single mother. no matter how you want to twist it ,it will mostly end in tears.. reasons are
1. The lady cant love you genuinely, she just wants a fatherly figure for her kiddos( this is clearly seen in her write up)
2. In as much as the her ex is alive, Okafor law would always come to play
3. They are very very manipulative
4. You'll be suffering for crime you didnt commit
And soon..

Well solution for the woman now
1. Follow the husband talk heart to heart , he needs be convinced more
2. Take him to boarding house
3. Find the family of his father
4. Talk to parent or relatives of your current husband so they can beg him on your behalf
5. Dont ever think of divorcing again
6. Do family planning..
7. Reduce your ego and be supportive to your current husband, so he could be financially buoyant too
8. Take him to your own parent and go their time to time
9.Stop shouting he promised he promised to shoulder your responsibility, afterall no be everything wey u self promise people u dey give them.. he also has a good reason of not taking the child, he dey fear make the boy no go affect those little girls ( if you are sensible enough, you should also know he's trying to protect una daughters). No dey paint the man bad abeg.. deep down your heart, you know how you will feel
10. Pray to God to show u the way
Cc. Vyvyanvyvy
Aro1
Ubunja
Johnspute
Martinez39s
What's you people take on this??

Hey Kingsatan, how hell fire na grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 13, 2020
seanwilliam:
People on nairaland are just talking with emotions and not fact/ reality

1. How on earth would you get two kids for a person you dont know his family?? This tells the kind of person u are.. the story is not adding up atall.. I need a very clear explanation for this..
2. Wether u pilfering at age 12 or 21 , na still thief you be, in as much you can differentiate your right and left hand then you know what is bad is bad..if his thieving act is not curbed on time , it might metamorphosed to robbery when gets older...every thief has an excuse or touching story.. so it is the responsibility of the woman to make sure the boy is corrected before it's too late

3. That woman shouldnt be an ingrate haba, single MAN married you with your baggage and you still talking as if it is his right to shoulder your mistakes, well you get luck sha
4. That woman doesn't love the man atall.. he married him for her selfish interest
5. Your own family , I mean your people related by blood cant keep up or shoulder your baggage and u wanna make an innocent man to suffer for what he knew nothing about hahahah. You are very wicked..
6. You're still an ingrate, because afterall the man accepted one of the kids, you are not even thankful, and you washing the man dirty linen outside that he is not financially responsible ( u said he doesn't buy things for the daughter) and that you pay 70 % of the Bill's.. let me tell you one thing, pray the man doesn't get to see this on nairaland because if he does, you are a goner already..

No matter how u want to say it, you brought this on yourself.. oyinbo say fool me once, you're a fool , fool me twice then I'm indeed a fool( u give person two kids without knowing him relatives?? Hahaha, you self hear am)..

It is not advisable to marry a single mother. no matter how you want to twist it ,it will mostly end in tears.. reasons are
1. The lady cant love you genuinely, she just wants a fatherly figure for her kiddos( this is clearly seen in her write up)
2. In as much as the her ex is alive, Okafor law would always come to play
3. They are very very manipulative
4. You'll be suffering for crime you didnt commit
And soon..

Well solution for the woman now
1. Follow the husband talk heart to heart , he needs be convinced more
2. Take him to boarding house
3. Find the family of his father
4. Talk to parent or relatives of your current husband so they can beg him on your behalf
5. Dont ever think of divorcing again
6. Do family planning..
7. Reduce your ego and be supportive to your current husband, so he could be financially buoyant too
8. Take him to your own parent and go their time to time
9.Stop shouting he promised he promised to shoulder your responsibility, afterall no be everything wey u self promise people u dey give them.. he also has a good reason of not taking the child, he dey fear make the boy no go affect those little girls ( if you are sensible enough, you should also know he's trying to protect una daughters)
10. Pray to God to show u the way
Cc. Vyvyanvyvy
Aro1
Ubunja
Johnspute
Martinez39s
What's you people take on this??

Hey Kingsatan, how hell fire na grin
funny enough,i saw this thread yesternight,but i did not comment after reading.

Seanwilliam! There is what is called stereotype.. Though most maybe bad,but i dont believe single moms are all that bad,its just stereotype,just like concluding that all Nigerian police are bad.

Now to the topic,though i have dated few of single moms,i only truly enjoyed one of the ladies,others did almost all what you wrote,you are spot on.

I will advice the OP to follow your input,to save her marriage. She might not be lucky in getting another guy easily again.

Hailings sean!

1 Like

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by mystery22: 12:11am On Mar 14, 2020
Oche211:

Lolz....
Relax old lady, I am not responsible for your frustrations...
Channel it somewhere else.
Ladies like you walk around with so much bitterness, anger and resentments.
Quick word of advice, no man wants an old serpent in his house. Be guided.
chai, see finishing,u want her to commit suicide.
Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by emmaodet: 12:46am On Mar 14, 2020
24kmagic:

Lol
Why didn't you allow me finish before mentioning me? I booked space earlier.

Our girls need to wise up. At times I see the kind of boys young girls follow and I begin to wonder the rationale behind their choice.

I keep on asking myself each day, how did God create women of the last forty years? Because our mothers made good choices. Could civilization and education be the reasons for this sudden indiscretions from the female folks?

Asin most Nigerian girls are so, so, without taste.
Asin they no get sense. Even the academically brilliant ones are still found wanting when it comes to choosing a man and relationship in general.

Two kids for a man whose relatives I don't know and whom I'm not married to?

Shame Shame Shame.

The main reason our mothers chose wisely is became their parents picked for them.
Now that people take decisions by themselves, you can see the outcome.

2 Likes

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by movement2020: 2:16am On Mar 14, 2020
In as much as I agree with lots of submissions, there is still need to ask the woman

Why did your own blood relatives refuse to accept the boy? Probably, due to their financial constraints or the attitude of the boy.

Why is it hard for the woman to find the boy's relative or even get the contact of the father?

Why is the woman forcing the man to accept the boy.? Is ir because she's footing 70% of the bills or because the man once agreed to accept and later rejected. If it was because of the former, the woman should be advised to thread carefully. You don't boast of wealth in front of a man. He would rather not yeild to your request than lay low. That's not ego, that's man for you.

To me, the man is not mad. She need to try as much as possible to exhaust all avenue that could make the man yield to her request. It could be through his parents, close friends and relatives. The woman is trying to make the man look as if he is the demon.

I understand the woman vividly. The only boy for now. She should not use that as a weapon, beclound her decision which might make her loose on both sides. At this stage, separation or divorce is not an option. All she needs is patience and time.

The table will definitely change, the man would bounce back. Do you know some men go broke when their wife is pregnant.? The table would definitely turn around for the man in due course so, the woman should drop her financial stand and use other means to seek the face her husband.

My own final take is, the woman should continue to plead with her husband. She should not use force. She should plead with one her siblings to take the child for a little time. She should send emissaries to her husband. She needs lots of patience.

I believe the man would definitely yield to her demand if it's handled with patience.
Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by femi4: 7:06am On Mar 14, 2020
Ehiscotch:
But a woman can marry a single father right?
Such double standard.

If it were the man's child and the woman rejected him because he's stealing what would y'all say?

Oh, the usual bad stepmother narrative would follow.

I no even blame una, na the people wey dey carry personal matter dey come nairaland thinking they have counsellors here naim I blame.

I have seen children live without their parents before — with friends, relatives — and it's bad. They tend to be very rebellious due to a feeling of rejection. It's not very easy growing away from one parent not to talk of two. The child is only twelve and shouldn't even be called a "thief" or even suffer jungle justice.

I can't blame the woman. I don't care what happened in the previous relationship and we should all stop trying to be experts on this because we are not. People make mistakes; this is real life, shit happens.

Man is not clingy or emotional that's why a man can marry 2-3 etc wives

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SINGLE MEN: I Am Warning You To Be Very Careful. / Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! / Mothers Please Talk To Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.