Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,613 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos - Food (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos (112414 Views)

FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ / Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It / Lagos Chinese restaurant accused of racism against Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by Martinez39s(m): 11:35am On Mar 15, 2020
Organs:
Go again and re-read what you wrote that i had in bold and tell me whose analogy is defying logic.
You won't admit you are wrong, and you are not thinking straight. The employees are obliged to deliver any goods the employers ask them as long as those goods are not illegal and no law is broken by the delivery of such goods.

Again, learn to respect and most importantly "understand" people's belief, practice and way of life.
People's religious freedom are to be acknowledged hence their beliefs and practices are to be tolerated as long as they do not infringe upon the rights of others. It should be noted that no one is obliged to respect your religious beliefs as people have the right to determine what they find respectable or not.

An employer has the right to dictate the terms and rules of his business hence he has the right to demand his employees live up to certain terms or get fired. The applies to any organisation. You are free to embrace any religious beliefs and practices, but you can't impose it on an employer or organisation. Think!

It's a delivery job, they deliver other things. Maybe you can find someone else to deliver alcohol and not the those that explicitly say it's against their faith.
What nonsense! An employer has the right to run his/her business as he/she deems fit. If your employer wants you to deliver alcohol and you don't want to because of your religious beliefs, then that job is not for you. You don't have the right to sabotage someone's profit or dictate the terms of their business because of your religious beliefs. No one was stopping those truck drivers from being muslims; the job is not for them.

We can be so myopic and un accommodating at times and this is due to our own bias and selfishness or Nigerian over-sabi. If you tell an average oyinbo man this, they will apologise and look for alternative ways of delivering the goods, but an average Nigerian will impose his faith or his profit on the folks delivering and make it compulsory or fire them. You are one of them sir.
You clearly have never done business with a white man before. They don't care your religion or race; if you can do the job and follow the rules, you stay; if you can't, get fired.
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by oxypressPlus: 11:47am On Mar 15, 2020
That business should be errased totally. They have broken the law at different levels, Federal, State, and Human Rights. This business is on a street, with a signpost. Did they indicate that it is only for the Chinese? Or blacks are not wanted?
Unless the Director goes to collect bribe there is no reason why that business should ever exist in Nigeria. The Chinese operators should be jailed in a Nigerian prison for committing such an offence even if they have lived here for 200 years. No Nigerian can try that in China.
Why have these people being keeping quiet for all this long?
So if director no take action oll-of-una go dey do mumu-mumu? And una say una go sukull and una sabi law wel-wel?
This Chinese operators are racists. They did similar thing to me 3years ago when I was in Frankfurt, Germany. I was waiting for my pack of 'takeaway' in the Chinese eatery,
two girls came in while I was sitting and waiting; do you know that this stupid Chinese cook came to me to ask me to rise from my seat for them to occupy and eat? I have not taken 'my pound of flesh' yet for that racist Chinese behaviour.
Closing the restaurant is not enough, they should be prosecuted in a court of law.
Infact we should all be careful of Chinese restaurants. If the Chinese government can ask a court to Grant permission to annihilate over 20,000 corona virus infected Chinese patients, who are we here that they can not use the black man in Nigeria for Corona virus experiments through their restaurant food?
Those who don't have ears can continue eating Chinese restaurant food.
Despite all the ranting, is it not time to shut all the Chinese and Italian restaurants until the Corona virus pandemic is over?

1 Like

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by rockstar27(m): 11:51am On Mar 15, 2020
this seem obscure to me who are the people patronizing them before wonder shall never end ooo
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by pacespot(m): 12:08pm On Mar 15, 2020
Biglittlelois:

And is it right? Isn't it discrimination and racism? What is wrong with you people that reason like this?

Racism in your own country Go and solve your inferiority complex first angry

And must Chinese cook the food that you eat, and this is a major problem with Nigerians, eating Chinese foods gives you class right Schmuck!
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 1:21pm On Mar 15, 2020
Mycommand:
I see the picture of a Chinese national locking up the gate to the restaurant! Where are the federal agents? It is important to do visual analysis on any news presented to the public either through print or online media. Furthermore, there is suppose to be an official notice banning entry pending the outcome of any investigation as to the claim of discrimination in food service. Just my input!

You do not know it is Nigeria that picture is not actually the correct restaurant the picture is for another restaurant. Just like the Nigerian newspapers they show a picture which has nothing to do with the story
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 1:26pm On Mar 15, 2020
Organs:

Bros, you should not have that mind set and go close to leadership. There is what we call dignity, love of Country, Self Pride, NATIONALITY etc that takes precedence over what you are saying. A chinese eatery in your country will sell takeaway for you but will not allow you sit and eat because youre black, Nigerian etc and youre talking about people working their losing their jobs You're unbelievable sir. I, personally will not work there even if they are paying me 5M per Month. Also, your analogy is wrong. There are other dignifying things to do if you become unemployed that is not going into crime.

Now I can see the real reason with my Nigerian people they are so lazy. How many restaurants are there in Nigeria chicken Republic KFC and so many more is it by Force to eat at a Chinese restaurant. I think this Chinese restaurant must have some juju's for Nigerian that Nigerians are fighting to eat there when there are millions of restaurants in Nigeria
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 1:34pm On Mar 15, 2020
Martinez39s:
You won't admit you are wrong, and you are not thinking straight. The employees are obliged to deliver any goods the employers ask them as long as those goods are not illegal and no law is broken by the delivery of such goods.

People's religious freedom are to be acknowledged hence their beliefs and practices are to be tolerated as long as they do not infringe upon the rights of others. It should be noted that no one is obliged to respect your religious beliefs as people have the right to determine what they find respectable or not.

An employer has the right to dictate the terms and rules of his business hence he has the right to demand his employees live up to certain terms or get fired. The applies to any organisation. You are free to embrace any religious beliefs and practices, but you can't impose it on an employer or organisation. Think!

What nonsense! An employer has the right to run his/her business as he/she deems fit. If your employer wants you to deliver alcohol and you don't want to because of your religious beliefs, then that job is not for you. You don't have the right to sabotage someone's profit or dictate the terms of their business because of your religious beliefs. No one was stopping those truck drivers from being muslims; the job is not for them.

You clearly have never done business with a white man before. They don't care your religion or race; if you can do the job and follow the rules, you stay; if you can't, get fired.

Thank you very much my brother for explaining to my illiterate people most of the people in Nigeria still live in the jungle and they do not understand how developed countries work. In the first case you knew that the company was a delivery company for beer and you went to get a job there now you start complaining. Most of the people in this world especially in Nigeria do not really know what they want in a job. if does Muslim man so religious why did they go and get a job at the mosque then to go and get a job at the beer company. In Nigeria if you employ somebody tomorrow the messenger will start telling you he is the owner of your own company which you put money inside that is what has happened to this Chinese people there is a freedom for a business to give services to whoever it likes. At the same time the Muslim youths in UK will be protesting day and night they are not being employed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 1:42pm On Mar 15, 2020
oxypressPlus:
That business should be errased totally. They have broken the law at different levels, Federal, State, and Human Rights. This business is on a street, with a signpost. Did they indicate that it is only for the Chinese? Or blacks are not wanted?
Unless the Director goes to collect bribe there is no reason why that business should ever exist in Nigeria. The Chinese operators should be jailed in a Nigerian prison for committing such an offence even if they have lived here for 200 years. No Nigerian can try that in China.
Why have these people being keeping quiet for all this long?
So if director no take action oll-of-una go dey do mumu-mumu? And una say una go sukull and una sabi law wel-wel?
This Chinese operators are racists. They did similar thing to me 3years ago when I was in Frankfurt, Germany. I was waiting for my pack of 'takeaway' in the Chinese eatery,
two girls came in while I was sitting and waiting; do you know that this stupid Chinese cook came to me to ask me to rise from my seat for them to occupy and eat? I have not taken 'my pound of flesh' yet for that racist Chinese behaviour.
Closing the restaurant is not enough, they should be prosecuted in a court of law.
Infact we should all be careful of Chinese restaurants. If the Chinese government can ask a court to Grant permission to annihilate over 20,000 corona virus infected Chinese patients, who are we here that they can not use the black man in Nigeria for Corona virus experiments through their restaurant food?
Those who don't have ears can continue eating Chinese restaurant food.
Despite all the ranting, is it not time to shut all the Chinese and Italian restaurants until the Corona virus pandemic is over?

If you really really want to change the world you don't criticize another person's business or somebody for running his business. The correct thing to do you open your own business next to him and give the people the services they want that is what we call competition. If a Chinese receives to save you food he is the one losing money. What you must do you must open the same type of business next to him and compete with him instead of crying like a baby. You do not blame somebody for taking care of their citizen when you are Nigerian government has abandoned the people. I respect what the Chinese restaurant did and I support them 100% the only people to suffer out of this at the Nigerian employees which tomorrow they will start doing arm Robbery and kidnapping
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 1:48pm On Mar 15, 2020
pacespot:

Racism in your own country Go and solve your inferiority complex first angry

And must Chinese cook the food that you eat, and this is a major problem with Nigerians, eating Chinese foods gives you class right Schmuck!

I think what the former emir of Kano state emir sanusi is very correct that people in Nigeria are hungry. Fighting the Chinese restaurants because they did not give Nigerians free food. Please all the hungry people if you want free food go to the next APC rally
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by Martinez39s(m): 1:48pm On Mar 15, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:
Thank you very much my brother for explaining to my illiterate people most of the people in Nigeria still live in the jungle and they do not understand how developed countries work. In the first case you knew that the company was a delivery company for beer and you went to get a job there now you start complaining. Most of the people in this world especially in Nigeria do not really know what they want in a job. if does Muslim man so religious why did they go and get a job at the mosque then to go and get a job at the beer company. In Nigeria if you employ somebody tomorrow the messenger will start telling you he is the owner of your own company which you put money inside that is what has happened to this Chinese people there is a freedom for a business to give services to whoever it likes. At the same time the Muslim youths in UK will be protesting day and night they are not being employed
It's funny how some think their employers owe it to them to alter their policy and rules for the sake of their religious beliefs. The idiõt that replied said if the muslims don't want to deliver alcohol, the employers should find another person while retaining the muslims so as not to disrespect their religion. Lol. Imagine if his housemaid refuses to prepare breakfast and lunch everyday because her religion told her so, will he add another housemaid and retain the religious one or will he not fire the first one and get another one? grin The idiõt, according to his logic, won't fire the first maid because "he has to respect people's beliefs and find alternatives." grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 1:56pm On Mar 15, 2020
Martinez39s:
It's funny how some think their employers owe it to them to alter their policy and rules for the sake of their religious beliefs. The idiõt that replied said if the muslims don't want to deliver alcohol, the employers should find another person while retaining the muslims so as not to disrespect their religion. Lol. Imagine if his housemaid refuses to prepare breakfast and lunch everyday because her religion told her so, will he add another housemaid and retain the religious one or will he not fire the first one and get another one? grin The idiõt, according to his logic, won't fire the first maid because "he has to respect people's beliefs and find alternatives." grin grin grin grin

For a developed countries prospective when you get a job you have to do the job which you are giving or be fired. But in Nigeria you can get paid by government for sitting under the tree and doing nothing. And I think that is the view of the Muslims in the UK why don't you go and work in the mosque yes the most can actually employed them like the rehabilitation centres in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by macjurek(m): 1:56pm On Mar 15, 2020
Kudos to the appropriate authorities for swift action on this matter of high priority racism against indigenous people by foreigner,which is what can never be taken in their land.

Thanks once more all authorities involved......Eko INI Babe Ooooooooh
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by MistadeRegal(m): 1:57pm On Mar 15, 2020
shogsmania:

Will you fall sick if you don't ridicule your country, I don't understand why people like you take pride in putting down the country.

angry
Ridicule you say?
How does that ridicule the country when we all know how things go here?
How does telling the fact become a ridicule?
Are you a stranger here or what?
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by fyneguy: 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2020
sodiqapril:
They still have a lot to do on these racist Chinese cxnts....there is an estate in Lagos that they don't rent house to Nigerian's.. only Chinese and lebanes expatriates...

Are you waiting to be asked for the name? Na wa for some of you sha. Just mention the name!
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by shogsmania: 3:27pm On Mar 15, 2020
MistadeRegal:

angry
Ridicule you say?
How does that ridicule the country when we all know how things go here?
How does telling the fact become a ridicule?
Are you a stranger here or what?
You have a very big problem and it is people like you that drags us back with your negativity, the victims reported this case online and within a few hours the government took appropriate measures against the establishment what more do you want, you just have to find a way to bring in your negativity.
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 15, 2020
Serves them right.
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 15, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Intake of you opening your big mouth please go and open your own restaurant we do not want empty vessels we want action
Still not making sense.
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 3:40pm On Mar 15, 2020
macjurek:
Kudos to the appropriate authorities for swift action on this matter of high priority racism against indigenous people by foreigner,which is what can never be taken in their land.

Thanks once more all authorities involved......Eko INI Babe Ooooooooh

The same authorities we want to put their money in Chinese banks and banks abroad. They said authorities will send their children to schools in China. Wake up and smell the coffee China is your master
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 3:44pm On Mar 15, 2020
shogsmania:

You have a very big problem and it is people like you that drags us back with your negativity, the victims reported this case online and within a few hours the government took appropriate measures against the establishment what more do you want, you just have to find a way to bring in your negativity.
You are a first class hypocrite like you the next day you will be running to China to borrow money. Empty vessels at home burgers abroad
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by pacespot(m): 3:53pm On Mar 15, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

I think what the former emir of Kano state emir sanusi is very correct that people in Nigeria are hungry. Fighting the Chinese restaurants because they did not give Nigerians free food. Please all the hungry people if you want free food go to the next APC rally

Don't mind Nigerians, they use China made smartphones, China made electrical appliances, China made bridges, rail links and airports, etc they still want Chinese to cook for them. What happened to African resourefulness we used to know, now that cooking is becoming a problem? What if the Chinese restaurant was set up to cater to Chinese living in Nigeria who don't fancy local delicacies?
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 4:07pm On Mar 15, 2020
Breaking news
massive pipeline explosion in Lagos. the pipeline explosion has gone off in Lagos leveling a school completely and also affecting the Lagos trade Fair burning some shops and buildings in the Lagos trade Fair this is what you call the giant of Africa watch the videos below. A lot of people roasted like Cockroaches. Also only one fire engine has arrived in about two hours of the fire. Instead of my people fighting the Chinese let them fix their country for f****** god sake. I told you yesterday Yoruba blood is going to be spilt and it has happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA_zYj6neXg

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 4:10pm On Mar 15, 2020
pacespot:

Don't mind Nigerians, they use China made smartphones, China made electrical appliances, China made bridges, rail links and airports, etc they still want Chinese to cook for them. What happened to African resourefulness we used to know, now that cooking is becoming a problem? What if the Chinese restaurant was set up to cater to Chinese living in Nigeria who don't fancy local delicacies?

Not even do they want the Chinese to cook for them they want the Chinese to give them free food because of the high levels of poverty and hunger in the country. They think the Chinese restaurant is like APC rally. Where you get food for free. Anyway this pipeline explosion in Lagos will wake them up
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by eodavids(m): 4:13pm On Mar 15, 2020
Emperor2463:
A Chinese restaurant in Lagos has been shut down by the federal government for refusing to allow Nigerians into their restaurant simply because they were blacks.

I think we should applaud the federal government on this because a Nigerian can not be racially abused in his or her own country.

https://mobile.twitter.com/fccpcnigeria/status/1238811189716680705

What??

Refusing to serve Nigerians is deplorable on the side of a Chinese restaurant.

IS NOT AS IF THEY CAN COOK ANY GOOD MEAL COMPARED TO NIGERIAN FOODS. BUT I TRUST MY COUNTRY PEOPLE. IT WAS NOTHING FAR FROM SAMPLING.

Chinese cooks should be happy if a Nigerian patronize any of their junk eatery.
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by Ohraykon: 4:20pm On Mar 15, 2020
wink2015:
WHY DON'T THOSE NIGERIANS GO TO ANOTHER RESTAURANT.

DEM BOKU for Abuja and Lagos !

They have their own reasons for banning Nigerians.

NIGERIANS CAN SHOW THEMSELVES !
u fit get sense like dis
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by Legendguru: 4:34pm On Mar 15, 2020
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

The Monkey I Killed Early This Morning / Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.