Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) (82596 Views)

Nigeria Developing A New Master Plan For Livestock / IPOB Is Growing Stronger In Germany!- Nigerian Ambassador Cries Out / Nigeria Developing Fast - Railway Revolution In Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by 0m0nnakoda: 4:43pm On Mar 15, 2020
ensamy:
where are the human capital developments? ' In vain you build the city without first of all building the man' Mark Twain.
Otherwise, the unbuild man will tear down the built city and everything will end in ruin. .
Gbam
If you give Pearls to pigs it will end in disaster
Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by 0m0nnakoda: 4:44pm On Mar 15, 2020
Modikko:
I won’t upload my documents for confidentiality. But believe me you are safe. I can come and meet you wherever you are in Lagos
So you can kidnap him?
Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by Arrewa: 4:45pm On Mar 15, 2020
Albertone:
Someone should please shed light on this for me!

I've heard good things about the north and i wish to move there. Now I'm being discouraged by family members on these following grounds,some of them have been up north before:

1.The hausas are very tribalistic.I was told they would readily hire a hausa for any job than hire a non hausa like me.
If they manage to hire me,they will readily place a hausa person over me even though he is not as qualified as I am

2.The peacefulness fluctuates.For sometimes there might be peace,later you might hear killings happening here and there especially towards non hausas(Due to Hausa people's temperaments)

3.They are watching you and waiting for you to mess up.They might attack you if you near their ladies,are against their opinions etc

Please people who have been to the north, how true is this? Cc Arrewa

PS:I'm non Muslim
if you want to move to the north for any work or business move to kano, Gombe, bauchi, or Kaduna... You'll never regret moving to the north

Stop believing on media propaganda against the north... The north is badly stereotyped
Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by anonimi: 4:46pm On Mar 15, 2020
Arrewa:
Up north

So why is the federal character and quota system still needed if any of this is true

charlycharles:
Cut-off marks for entrance to Federal UNITY Schools for all 36 states and the FCT
••••
Abia – Male (130) Female (130)
Adamawa – Male (62) Female (62)
Akwa-Ibom – Male (123) Female (123)
Anambra – Male (139) Female (139)
Bauchi – Male (35) Female (35)
Bayelsa – Male (72) Female (72)
Benue – Male (111) Female (111)
Borno – Male (45) Female (45)
Cross-Rivers – Male (97) Female (97)
Delta – Male (131) Female (131)
Ebonyi – Male (112) Female (112)
Edo – Male (127) Female (127)
Ekiti – Male (119) Female (119)
Enugu – Male (134) Female (134)
Gombe – Male (58) Female (58)
Imo – Male (138) Female (138)
Jigawa – Male (44) Female (44)
Kaduna – Male (91) Female (91)
Kano – Male (67) Female (67)
Kastina – Male (60) Female (60)
Kebbi – Male (9) Female (20)
Kogi – Male (119) Female (119)
Kwara – Male (123) Female (123)
Lagos – Male (133) Female(133)
Nassarawa – Male (58) Female (58)
Niger – Male (93) Female (93)
Ogun – Male (131) Female (131)
Ondo – Male (126) Female (126)
Osun – Male (127) Female (127)
Oyo – Male (127) Female (127)
Plateau – Male (97) Female (97)
Rivers – Male (118) Female (118)
Sokoto – Male (9) Female (13)
Taraba – Male (3) Female (11)
Yobe – Male (2) Female (27)
Zamfara – Male (4) Female (2)

FCT Abuja – Male (90) Female (90)

After 50 years of Independence, the government of the so called disadvantaged regions ought to have done something to address the situation. You cannot continue to spoon-feed a child and expect that same child to grow, mature and be independent. A student from Abia scores 130 in the Federal Commonwealth Entrance exam, yet it's almost impossible to gain admission in the school of his choice, yet another child from Zamfara will score less than 5 and gain same admission seamlessly. How do you encourage such a child that hard work and merit pays?

Look at all the appointments the president has made so far, over 90% from the north. They are telling us they are based on merit. My question is how comes, when it comes to appointment, they are hiding under merit to appoint only their own, but when it comes to exams and admission into Federal institutions, they bring in Federal character. I'm an advocate of merit, hardwork, transparency, objectivity and emperical selection process. That way you encourage everybody to work hard for whatever he/she wants. After all, the Bible says, "he who does not work, let him not eat". It's against natural and spiritual justice and principle to take from those who work and give to those who don't work. That in itself is the root of corruption Nigeria.

I support the President's fight against corruption. I advocate the enthronement of merit and objectivity in our national life. So, Mr. President, if you are serious about your anti-corruption mantra, If you are serious about this your new "merit" policy, let's go back to the basis. Start by eliminating all forms of quota system and federal character in the admission process into Unity schools, Federal universities and recruitment/employment into all federal civil service, agencies, parastatals and let's see who will be qualified. That's my humble submission.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3937527_buharisardauna_jpegcb12decad1bd9dd31b45d009f2877b1f

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by SciLab: 4:46pm On Mar 15, 2020
atakamus:
Great views. While in the south east we are busy shouting IPOB IPOB and not holding most of our Governors accountable. God bless Nigeria. The major thing they should work on in the north is human development.
Good work though.

Close ya rotten ewedu mouth for once make flies no jump enter.
Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by Modikko(m): 4:47pm On Mar 15, 2020
Yes. Are you happy now ��
0m0nnakoda:

So you can kidnap him?
Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by Henry22(m): 4:47pm On Mar 15, 2020
Modikko:
I am a resident there FYI. 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. So if you want to meet up when I come back in 2 weeks time if fine by you

I will be waiting for your return and if you fail eh na amadioha go rape your sister for that her prostitution business.
Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by Deltatoto: 4:47pm On Mar 15, 2020
Modikko:
Lowkey Orubebe
lol
Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by SciLab: 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2020
egopersonified:
I love how every tribe has stolen this 'amaka' appendage. grin

Ndigbo leads, others dey follow. Make pain kill our haters. grin

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by Thegoodone13(m): 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2020
Those men in red are warrior
Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by 0m0nnakoda: 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2020
Arrewa:
if you want to move to the north for any work or business move to kano, Gombe, bauchi, or Kaduna... You'll never regret moving to the north

Stop believing on media propaganda against the north... The north is badly stereotyped
Move to the North
Do they even speak English ?

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by odehaj: 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2020
Modikko:
I won’t upload my documents for confidentiality. But believe me you are safe. I can come and meet you wherever you are in Lagos
upload to my email, but meeting you is a no no !
Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by 0m0nnakoda: 4:50pm On Mar 15, 2020
Modikko:
Yes. Are you happy now ��
Born happy ,Happy to be Yoruba the greatest people on earth.
Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by Kingstanding: 4:50pm On Mar 15, 2020
jospepper:
Arewa is taking over.
. Keep on deceiving yourself,all these na window dressing.
Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by ggood: 4:51pm On Mar 15, 2020
[I will give you one quote author=KendrickAyomide post=87463173] this is really beautiful. Please look for a beautiful hausa girl for me. between 18-21 I don't mind converting to Islam. [/quote]
Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by Excuzeme: 4:52pm On Mar 15, 2020
vinsilva:
I grew up in the North and presently still living there, the general perception southerners hold of the north is flawed. The poverty index is quite high I agree, and the numbers of out of school children is overwhelming when compared to southern states. But looking at the north through this lenses alone, masks a good number of things they are actually doing right.

The northerners are a hardworking group people, toiling the arewa soil with hoes and other traditional equipments in other to make ends meet. The usual alhambudulahi are there response when they asked of there well-being, submitting and being thankful to there creator. The average northerner views life through a different prism than we southerners. The rhetoric by the south about the north being parasites is misconstrued and only tells a single story of laziness and dependency.
The Parasitism is not about the individuals in the North, it is about the Feudal Northern leaders like Buhari, using proceeds of Natural resources in the South, to develop the North, while the South suffers
It is about the doubelo standards that makes a UTME Southerner who scored 300 out of 400 not to be given admission at the NDA or Unilag, while a Northerner who scored 90 out of 400 o be offered admission, based on QUOTA SYSTEM.
It is about shouting "Sharia" and destroying bottles of beer and Breweries in the North while the VAT that Southerners pay on every bottle of Beer produced by Breweries in the South, is shared to the same Sharia Northerners.
I can go on and on, no one is saying the individual Northerner does not work or is it the Southerners that dont work as well?

On governance
I do shudder when governor's in my native region celebrate with fanfare the completion of a twenty kilometer road, making unecessary publicity of provisions of basic amenities like provision of over priced health care and a host of many petty short sighted projects. while there colleagues up north build state universities with amazing futuristic structures, offering subsidized education to the indigenes. The way the north is putting education first and making it affordable, in no distant time, the so called educational advantage the south holds over the north would be breached.
No region is better prepared for a post disintegrated Nigeria like the core north.
It is easy for the North to do these because they are reaping where they did not sow!
With a small, mostly illiterate population and the bulk of easy money from the southern Oil fields available for looting, building projects have priven to be the new foolproof tool for stealing money, by Politicians.

I agree with you, the stupidity of a Governor Commissioning a Bus Stop, something a Councillor should even be ashamed to say he wants to commission, is a disgrace on Southern Governors!
I also agree that the North is more prepared and Buhari is actually working assidiously, towards the balkanisation of Nigeria and putting things in place, to ensure that the North has an advantage!
It is a shame to his lineage and name, that he has chosen to be a Nepotistic, Clanish, Regional President.
History will be unkind to his lot.

agree they hold a numerical majority hitherto affording them a greater political clout, but in my stay so far here, not a day have I witnessed bad blood between people of different sections of the core north. They choose not to be divided like we southerners.

That is a myth! They do not hold a numerical majority and that is why they will never allow a just and open Census!
The Northerners have been perpetuating GEOGRAPHICAL and NUMERICAL FRAUD since the days of the military.
- They have created more states in the arid north, on empty land, since the days of the militayr when they were in power.

- The North has divided their states into smaller, smaller bits and even crate more Local govt out of these empty spaces and then used the fraudulaent "Allocation Sharing Formula" which depends on Number of LGA's, to further perpetuate this parasitic fraud!
This is why the South West should never forgive Obasanjo when he prevented Lagos from having more local Govts, when small states in the North, with less than half the population of Lagos, have twice the number of LGA's of Lagos and collect double its allocation from the Federal Account!

- Everytime we have a Censor, it is always the Northern President that recieves the REPORT, holds it for a lengthy time while it manipulates the figures!

The North may claim a bigger landmass, if we add the Middle Belt to them (and this is becoming a difficult thing in recent times, seeing that the North is all about domination and usurping the lands of the Middle Belt re: Benue, Plateau, Taraba, Zamfara to a lesser extent) but it is not the landmass that is a country, it is the number of people living there.

Lagos alone can account for three to four Northern states, in terms of numerical strength, so where is the numericla strength of the north that you are talking about, just because you live in the North and you are probably "Northernised, mentally"? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by Nowenuse: 4:52pm On Mar 15, 2020
QuotaSystem:

Why do some of you lie so shamelessly? A simple research will save you these faux pas.

This statistics is based on Arabic/informal education.

90% of Sokoto state is illiterate based on Western education.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by 0m0nnakoda: 4:54pm On Mar 15, 2020
Modikko:
Guy, I can employ you and everyone in your household. Forget matter please, no be say I join you here dey yarn
Your ego is taking over
This is a faceless forum
Such boasts are needless, unverifiable and foolish.
You have no idea who,or what any one here is

When you start bringing in his family you reveal psychological weakness

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by odehaj: 4:56pm On Mar 15, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

Your ego is taking over
This is a faceless forum

you deh mind am? Na kunu deh hin head

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by Henry22(m): 4:56pm On Mar 15, 2020
jospepper:
Arewa is taking over.
Yes o arewashit is taking over..... grin

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by MasterKernel: 4:57pm On Mar 15, 2020
QuotaSystem:

Your logic is why others insult the reasoning products of exam miracle centres.

My post was in response to the question of what the North produces asides agriculture which is why I mentioned Limestone - found in the North & the raw material used in making Cement - which is the foundation of Africa's richest billionaires (BUA & Dangote Cement).

If you were capable of basic comprehension, you would have understood the context of my statement, instead of indicting your reasoning by wrongly assuming I was celebrating uneven wealth distribution.

Your ignorance is alarming. You don't have a shred of research or empirical evidence, yet you claim northerners don't rent rooms in Lagos when I personally have relations with multiple properties in Ikoyi & Banana Island. You are just an unexposed bigot.

Wow! Northern indeed. How much does Limestone in Kogi and Obajana contribute to the revenue of Nigeria? While Nigeria generates 80% of her revenue from Oil, you're here reasoning with your legs like a typical Northern.

How many Northerners own a building in Lagos? Please close your mouth, less than 2% and you're shouting. Ask El-Rufai, as at when he was FCT Minister, Igbos own 67% of property in Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by engrchykae(m): 4:57pm On Mar 15, 2020
Modikko:
Show us what your Governor is doing for you first. Hater!!!
we don't need anything from our politicians,the system for individual progress is in place.
Unlike the north were the system for progress is only for the elites
Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by Modikko(m): 4:58pm On Mar 15, 2020
Deal. �
quote author=Henry22 post=87466773]

I will be waiting for your return and if you fail eh na amadioha go rape your sister for that her prostitution business. [/quote]
Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by MasterKernel: 4:58pm On Mar 15, 2020
Modikko:
My brother chop knuckle abeg �

You're an easy jolly fellow.
Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by Modikko(m): 4:59pm On Mar 15, 2020
I am done with you please. But seems like you are beginning to get obsessed with me. Let me buy you a drink ok?
0m0nnakoda:

Your ego is taking over
This is a faceless forum

Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by quickly: 4:59pm On Mar 15, 2020
Arrewa:
The development is now hitting everywhere in the north!!

even if u show us new york in the north

a blind man knows that the north imports beggars to the whole country,'- Poverty Central.

religion (arab) over common sense

thats the main thing we know

like sanusi said north is synonymous with poverty because of their leaders mindset. yet they love to rule.

very poor leadership skills but they are 1st on the line because they know thats the only way out of poverty.

and when they get their the greediness is on a world best level

Just like a man showing of big car and sleeping as a squatter
Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by Modikko(m): 4:59pm On Mar 15, 2020
They won’t understand. Till they meet me in person
MasterKernel:

You're an easy jolly fellow.
Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 15, 2020
odehaj:
an extremist spotted. Everything is blasphemy in your eyes.. but you say anything about the Bible and sleep well right?

Easy there rambo, I am not the cause of ur frustration in this life grin

Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by SciLab: 5:00pm On Mar 15, 2020
dragunov:

Which one is ugwu? From all these pictures, it is vegetable soup you are thinking of.

Ugwu - moutainous/hilly land

Ugwu Awusa- hausaland (we all know they live on hilly lands.

Ugu- vegetable.

The onye abokii you are quoting was born and lived all his live in Igboland, probably that's why he can type with a phone and didn't suffer the misfortune of joining his almajiri peers on the streets in ugwu awusa.
Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by plaetton: 5:00pm On Mar 15, 2020
dominique:

Most of these structures were constructed by the governors of the states using the same allocation granted to all governors nationwide. What is your governor doing with his own allocation?
Physical structures constructed with state funds is not a measure of development.

Per capita income, education, quality of health services, number of doctors per 100, home ownership , commerce, GDP, productivity, etc. These are the real measures development and progress .
Sorry to have to remind the op that Northern Nigeria comes last in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) by Modikko(m): 5:00pm On Mar 15, 2020
At least kunu sweet pass the ogogoro wey you dey drink
odehaj:
you deh mind am? Na kunu deh hin head

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (25) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho Mocks Pastor Adeboye After Son’s Death [VIDEO] / Army Invades Nnamdi Kanu's House In Umuahia Again With Armoured Tankers (Video) / Caption Sanusi's Facial Expression While Meeting With Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.