Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) (81348 Views)

Peter Obi Clears Amuwo-odofin Lagos With Wide Margin - Punch / Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday / Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by OBIGS(m): 12:06pm On Mar 15, 2020
valarmorghulis:
This is bomb, no pipeline explosion can make such sound, I swear my house shake like...
my brother if you see the way I was shouting who is that. In my room. Like they shot at my door.
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by jimcaddy(m): 12:07pm On Mar 15, 2020
It's so sad that our emergency response in this country is so slow. Fire is raging like that, no helicopters, no fire trucks. No security agencies on ground 20 mins into this incident... so sad.

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by MrMacinterchi1: 12:07pm On Mar 15, 2020
LtCZAR:
This was how close I could get to the scene, Our Prayers should be for the girls of Bethlehem Secondary School. The school was brought to ground by the explosion

are the children trapped?
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by philip0906(m): 12:08pm On Mar 15, 2020
Iluvmycontr3:

Good, but do we hav an active n sensible govt that can do such?
It's not about the government. Nigerians have made up their minds not to make the country work.

Even if the government approves funds and purchases these tools, it is Nigerians like you and I that will install, monitor and make these tools work...sadly, like I stated, we have made up our minds not to make the country work so it will still be the same issue

3 Likes

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by millionboi2: 12:08pm On Mar 15, 2020
Jabioro:
The vibration was so loud..I felt it at Ikotun..All law enforcement agent monitoring that area,I meant the DPO,Commander, the NCSC,the soldiers should be arrested,the baale,omoniles and Some neighbor should not be spare..they know them.. Rubbish!
So u don't bliv it
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 15, 2020
OBIGS:
my brother if you see the way I was shouting who is that. In my room. Like they shot at my door.

True sir The shock wave of such destruction is beyond what PIPELINE EXPLOSION BLAST CAN CAUSE

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Horlami247: 12:09pm On Mar 15, 2020
Trippledots:
I felt it at igando.. I was doing the number2 when it sounded. I thought the The water tank in the roof had collapsed on the building...

Damn!

Bro, you must be a t*bl*gh..
Number 2 grin
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 15, 2020
Witcher:
people who live in banana island don't say banana island

Mad oooooo
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Jabioro: 12:10pm On Mar 15, 2020
millionboi2:
So u don't bliv it
I don't believe what? Read the content of my reaction very well..
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by 6digitscomrade: 12:11pm On Mar 15, 2020
ooohoo:

Asteroid ke grin You better check your dictionary before you make an outrageous claim
ok I don check the dictionary said it’s impossible for it to happen in Africa that only SARS,corruption and strains of viruses can affect the continent because of ur hot weather.. i have heard u now u can excuse me..
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Akell(m): 12:11pm On Mar 15, 2020
I felt the vibration here in Abuja.
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Elipsis: 12:11pm On Mar 15, 2020
Finally after over 5 hours, Seun has decided to push this to front page.
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by JonDon12: 12:12pm On Mar 15, 2020
BankyGee:
Hope no life was lost? Nah dah one concern me now...

True. God please protect them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by millionboi2: 12:12pm On Mar 15, 2020
Jabioro:
I don't believe what? Read the content of my reaction very well..
u don't bliv is pipeline?
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 12:15pm On Mar 15, 2020
YesNo:
it will not be well with you and your family.
lives have just been dented and you are here posting bet scams

Youre more stupid.Leave his family out at least.
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Taurusianlady(f): 12:15pm On Mar 15, 2020
I thought it was about to rain when I heard the thunderous sound....our house vibrated in Ejigbo... see Ambulance everywhere, may the souls of all faithful departed rest in perfect peace...May God see us through in this perilous time

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Simplyleo: 12:16pm On Mar 15, 2020
bigtt76:
We can argue or contribute in a more civilized manner you know? undecided

Anyway, an empty rusted pipeline would not burst on its own if not no product is pumped through it and who instructs the pumping process?

Besides the rust, these pipes have been so conditioned to have a lifespan which is + or - meaning if a pipe's lifespan is 100 years, it doesn't mean when it clocks 100 years it will immediately burst, rather the probability of it bursting is higher but most definitely not on its own. Have a lovely Sunday.

And who told you an empty rusted pipe will just burst on its own? Is the one that occurred today an empty one?

Besides, in the design of structures or components, who factors in the possibility of damage when estimating lifespan?

Lifespan of structures are estimated on the basis of ideal conditions and that is why warranties do not cover physical or environmental damage.

A rusted pipeline with inflammable liquid can burst on its own on a very hot weather day. Heat will cause expansion and the weak metallic pipe can burst while its content goes up in flames.
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by ignis: 12:16pm On Mar 15, 2020
Raysleek:
Pipeline vandalism is a steady source of income criminals in that area, even the police and soldiers are involved. Technology needs to be incorporated in pipeline monitoring. We can invent things like conductor strips that will run along the pipe na, any tampering will easily be noticeable and the exact location will be known also.

To our government.... This is mere grammar
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Beremx(f): 12:16pm On Mar 15, 2020
valarmorghulis:
Here is bethlehem sch, opposite the explosion, pipeline explosion canno cause such damage
this is definitely not a pipeline explosion. Lagos State government should investigate this and know what caused the explosion
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by kikake: 12:16pm On Mar 15, 2020
20 mins for one fire truck to arrive. Shorter time desired.
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Kobicove(m): 12:17pm On Mar 15, 2020
cRobo:
I felt the vibration here in banana island

I won't say a word

Continue lying grin
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 15, 2020
valarmorghulis:
Na omo onile o, back of trade fair very close to my house
Felt the vibration in Ajegunle..... Make God help us ooooooo
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Tapout(m): 12:17pm On Mar 15, 2020
oh this must be what I heard while playing pugb this morning...was so confused cos I was not sure if it was coming from the game or not.
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 15, 2020
valarmorghulis:
Here is bethlehem sch, opposite the explosion, pipeline explosion canno cause such damage

Jesus Christ!!!!

Please can you confirm that no student was hurt?

Please.

I just hope they had all gone to Church being a Catholic school and all.

3 Likes

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by bigtt76(f): 12:18pm On Mar 15, 2020
Pls go back and read carefully what I wrote and correct yourself cheesy

Simplyleo:

And who told you an empty rusted pipe will just burst on its own? Is the one that occurred today an empty one?

Besides, in the design of structures or components, who factors in the possibility of damage when estimating lifespan?

Lifespan of structures are estimated on the basis of ideal conditions and that is why warranties do not cover damage not due to normal usage.

A rusted pipeline with inflammable liquid can burst on its own on a very hot weather day. Heat will cause expansion and the weak metallic pipe can burst while its content goes up in flames.
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Didi2d(m): 12:18pm On Mar 15, 2020
The vibration was so much, even when some landlord came outside to check what was going on, I and my friend told them the explosion came from a particular building next to where we sat just because of the way all the gates in the building shook.
Guess what this is just after agbara o, check out the distance from abule ado
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 15, 2020
solonazzy:
Felt d vibrations at home along badagry road...so sad

Same here....
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Didi2d(m): 12:18pm On Mar 15, 2020
The vibration was so much, even when some landlord came outside to check what was going on, I and my friend told them the explosion came from a particular building next to where we sat just because of the way all the gates in the building shook.
Guess what this is just after agbara o, check out the distance from abule ado.
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Bigval5: 12:20pm On Mar 15, 2020
IWTBAB:
u knw anybody wey die?
how u 4 don die by now?
Ur house collapse?

Do you know whether his house is very close by?
Have you seen destruction this explosion caused? As am typing none of those students has been found..
Quote people with sensible reply.
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by ashawopikin(m): 12:20pm On Mar 15, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

The chairman is a suspect, how did he know that it was not vandalism? Are we sure the vandals are not giving returns to this chairman
i saw it on channels news
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by medidress: 12:21pm On Mar 15, 2020
I felt it in Ajao Estate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Egheomhanre Eyieyien Dies After Facebook Post / Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? / Emir Sanusi Dethronement: Security Operatives Storm Kano Emir’s Palace (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.