Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) (81295 Views)

Peter Obi Clears Amuwo-odofin Lagos With Wide Margin - Punch / Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday / Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by bigtt76(f): 11:53am On Mar 15, 2020
We can argue or contribute in a more civilized manner you know? undecided

Anyway, an empty rusted pipeline would not burst on its own if not no product is pumped through it and who instructs the pumping process?

Besides the rust, these pipes have been so conditioned to have a lifespan which is + or - meaning if a pipe's lifespan is 100 years, it doesn't mean when it clocks 100 years it will immediately burst, rather the probability of it bursting is higher but most definitely not on its own. Have a lovely Sunday.

Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
Shut up. Who told you that rubbish?

I don't know the cause of this one but rusted pipes do burst with explosion on their own especially on very hot days.

6 Likes

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Successmind(m): 11:53am On Mar 15, 2020
So it's in amuwo odofin....while I was thinking it's an explosive @ ikotun/idimu area...
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 15, 2020
Chai.!! May God continue to protect us in this country.
Thank God e no happen for weekdays

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by ehemwhy(m): 11:54am On Mar 15, 2020
bigcee:

Pls do you know the cost of a plot of land in Baruwa, peace estate?

I doubt if you will get a parcel of land in peace estate and Baruwa , except you want to buy a building, demolish and build what you want
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by DNSPro: 11:54am On Mar 15, 2020
bigcee:

Pls do you know the cost of a plot of land in Baruwa, peace estate?
This is how I know the cost of ANYTHING, ANYTHING in Nigeria.

1. I download the APP from playstore

2. I select the best category that suites my need.

3. I select thestate and local government.

For instance. If i want to know the cost of Land in Ibeju lekki...

I will select category = Real Estate

Next is to select location = Lagos, Local government = Ikeja

Select "Property Type" Land and For Sale

input your budget price and hit Submit button...

It will return list of lands in all those areas are they prices.

Seller's contact will on each ads too to call them.

Make sure you verify the land before you pay or buy it.
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by MisterKings(m): 11:54am On Mar 15, 2020
These people woke up this morning and prayed. This happened on a Sunday when some are going to church. What can we make of this.

We are here like ants totally insignificant while God and Satan are using us to play chess and Monopoly. I don't know what to believe anymore.

Someone will tell me it's by prayer and fasting. Mtchew may the souls of those who lost their lives relive a better life when reincarnated

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 15, 2020
NoTire:
Pipeline explosion Happening now at abule ado Amuwo odofin local government Lagos.

Exactly opposite Bethlehem Girls secondary school. The school built by the Catholic church is now no where to be found.

Some building in Trade fair market affected while concerns over damaged homes rises

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA_zYj6neXg

Hundreds of houses charted. Scores injured, Thousands of people could emerge homeless

Awwwnnnn..hope no life was lost.
God help those around there.
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by LandOwners: 11:55am On Mar 15, 2020
My mom lives at abule oshun. She said she thought the earth wanted to divide into two. it was as if her house wanted to collapse.

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Goddys(m): 11:56am On Mar 15, 2020
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by ooohoo: 11:57am On Mar 15, 2020
May God protect the victims.
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by philip0906(m): 11:57am On Mar 15, 2020
Focusmind:
Nigerian cities are nothing to write home. So disorganised and unplanned.

You can't have an emergency and navigate your way out. Bad roads, NEPA electric polls in all places, crude and aggressive looking citizens, lack of environmental aesthetics and total disregard for proper public places.

Am sure that pipeline has been exposed for long but our ineffective authorities would be waiting for the worst to happen first.
Fact!

Soon Pontius Pilate will visit the site, pay condolence visit and spit some gibberish and on to the next pipeline explosion which will definitely happen...The cycle continues

Sickening!
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by millionboi2: 11:58am On Mar 15, 2020
nairalanduseles:
Na wa ooo ooo
Sunday wey den dey worship dem God
He must be a sadist to let people lose thier properties and lives
But some go still thank am
E concern u?

Na ur worship?

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by modsfucker: 11:58am On Mar 15, 2020
Yeah, we're also feeling the vibration here in Awe, Nasarawa State.
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Prechy08(m): 11:58am On Mar 15, 2020
Jonathan:
Clearly loudly heard from hear (PALM AVENUE)

See that naked and injured, probably dead woman shocked last picture.

Why didn't they cover her nau undecided

nobody looks at what you are seeing when it comes to despiratley saving Life
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by lavenjcrown(m): 11:59am On Mar 15, 2020
What's number2 if I may ask?
Trippledots:
I felt it at igando.. I was doing the number2 when it sounded. I thought the The water tank in the roof had collapsed on the building...

Damn!
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by tehilah92(f): 11:59am On Mar 15, 2020
I hope this is not a bomb explosion
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Roon9(m): 11:59am On Mar 15, 2020
Omo the thing shook my flat
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Goddys(m): 12:00pm On Mar 15, 2020
Successmind:
So it's in amuwo odofin....while I was thinking it's an explosive @ ikotun/idimu area...

I think the explosion must have affected other pipeline areas. The fire travelled through the pipe I guess

2 Likes

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Raysleek: 12:00pm On Mar 15, 2020
nigeriantrucks:
you don't need any special technology to monitor pipeline vandalism, every oil pipeline operate under fluid mechanism, and at a defined pressure level. Whenever there is drop in fluid flow pressure along a particular pipeline means there is leakage, and a pressure sensor can be used to send back signal to a central control unit, and a pipeline monitoring task force dispatched to the affected area
We are saying the same thing. It doesn't have to be a specific idea. But anything that works will do. But I'm thinking if some sort of strip or foil is wrapped around a pipeline it can relay the exact position of any leakage. Dont forget some of these pipelines are in the forests and swamp so if a pressure drop is noticed how cam the exact location of a pipeline spanning thousands of km be pin pointed

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Roon9(m): 12:01pm On Mar 15, 2020
Raysleek:
Pipeline vandalism is a steady source of income criminals in that area, even the police and soldiers are involved. Technology needs to be incorporated in pipeline monitoring. We can invent things like conductor strips that will run along the pipe na, any tampering will easily be noticeable and the exact location will be known also.

These things won't cost much to install bro but they know its bad market for them all

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by EgunMogaji2: 12:01pm On Mar 15, 2020
nigeriantrucks:
you don't need any special technology to monitor pipeline vandalism, every oil pipeline operate under fluid mechanism, and at a defined pressure level. Whenever there is drop in fluid flow pressure along a particular pipeline means there is leakage, and a pressure sensor can be used to send back signal to a central control unit, and a pipeline monitoring task force dispatched to the affected area

This is true.
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Raysleek: 12:01pm On Mar 15, 2020
CreekCommando:

Theorist! So, if you apply such the same criminals and soldiers won't disconnect the circuit? You guys want technology in every other sector but you won't like that in elections? But of a truth, that your Lagos is so unkempt and bushy.
you are dont sound bright. We are talking of pipeline you are talking of election.

2 Likes

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by EgunMogaji2: 12:02pm On Mar 15, 2020
Raysleek:

We are saying the same thing. It doesn't have to be a specific idea. But anything that works will do. But I'm thinking if some sort of strip or foil is wrapped around a pipeline it can relay the exact position of any leakage. Dont forget some of these pipelines are in the forests and swamp so if a pressure drop is noticed how cam the exact location of a pipeline spanning thousands of km be pin pointed

It can.

The pipeline has sections.
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Humanoid01(m): 12:03pm On Mar 15, 2020
YesNo:
it will not be well with you and your family.
lives have just been dented and you are here posting bet scams

What has his family got to do with this? Your comment shows you are worse than him.
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Revolva(m): 12:04pm On Mar 15, 2020
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 15, 2020
6digitscomrade:
oh Bleep I just confirmed it destroyed our house also my brother just told me it was an asteroid I’m really really devastated right now!

Asteroid?

Like for real
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by ooohoo: 12:04pm On Mar 15, 2020
6digitscomrade:
oh Bleep I just confirmed it destroyed our house also my brother just told me it was an asteroid I’m really really devastated right now!

Asteroid ke grin You better check your dictionary before you make an outrageous claim

3 Likes

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Iluvmycontr3: 12:05pm On Mar 15, 2020
Raysleek:
Pipeline vandalism is a steady source of income criminals in that area, even the police and soldiers are involved. Technology needs to be incorporated in pipeline monitoring. We can invent things like conductor strips that will run along the pipe na, any tampering will easily be noticeable and the exact location will be known also.

Good, but do we hav an active n sensible govt that can do such?
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Jonathan39: 12:05pm On Mar 15, 2020
Is this picture part of Lagos or abia state angry grin
francisfavour15:

Updates news on Pipeline vandal in Abuleado Area Lagos state

The fire took place opposite Bethlehem college in the boarden school, fire service are yet to visit the place as outrageous fire is constantly burning in the Street

The rummours of the Earthquake around Amuwo Odlfin area in FESTAC and Surulere Axs in Lagos State, video photage below.

https://naijamixed.com.ng/news/full-video-abuleado-bomb-explosion-in-lagos-state/
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by philip0906(m): 12:05pm On Mar 15, 2020
Raysleek:
They know these...sadly, there will be saboteurs amongst those who should install these and monitor.

Like you rightly stated, those who should be protecting these pipelines are also complicit in this.

Nigeria is way too disorganized for any meaningful thing to work. Nigerians have made up their minds not to make the country work...so it's a lost cause
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Raysleek: 12:05pm On Mar 15, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

It can.

Yea but you know each section can be also very long
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Raysleek: 12:06pm On Mar 15, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

It can.

It is well sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Sanusi Arrives Lagos Airport (photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Posing & Smiling With A Policeman In Throwback Photo / Projects Of Governor Godwin Obaseki In Edo In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.