Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) (81352 Views)

Peter Obi Clears Amuwo-odofin Lagos With Wide Margin - Punch / Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday / Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by UndauntedYOCA(f): 12:21pm On Mar 15, 2020
cRobo:
I felt the vibration here in banana island

I won't say a word
Eleyii mad o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Joystark(f): 12:22pm On Mar 15, 2020
Damn.
This is sad.

Greedy criminals are the second problem of this Country. Both online and offline. They cause death and destruction everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by ooohoo: 12:23pm On Mar 15, 2020
6digitscomrade:
ok I don check the dictionary said it’s impossible for it to happen in Africa that only SARS,corruption and strains of viruses can affect the continent because of ur hot weather.. i have heard u now u can excuse me..

Lol...there is no need for you to be sensational. If you had checked your dictionary before making such claim, you wouldn't come out to say the explosion was caused by an asteroid impact.

It is true that there is a pipeline explosion, but it was so wrong of you to have ostensibly exaggerate the cause of the explosion. What do you stand to gain from such, my friend? Peace!

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by CONFAMA: 12:24pm On Mar 15, 2020
Trippledots:
I felt it at igando.. I was doing the number2 when it sounded. I thought the The water tank in the roof had collapsed on the building...

Damn!

Did you run out with shit in ur yansh

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Alwaysachick: 12:25pm On Mar 15, 2020
I heard the explosion, scary angry
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by kushercain: 12:29pm On Mar 15, 2020
TLisieux:
I pray the students of Bethlehem girls college are safe. It is a boarding school and this explosion happened not too far from them. God save your children.

They're safe. The staff noticed a leak and just evacuated them about ten minutes before the explosion. But the school is gone now, complete rubble. I just left there

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 15, 2020
6digitscomrade:
oh Bleep I just confirmed it destroyed our house also my brother just told me it was an asteroid I’m really really devastated right now!

So sorry for your loss. Where there's life there's hope.

Asteroid? How?
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by VaselineCrew: 12:29pm On Mar 15, 2020
philip0906:

It's not about the government. Nigerians have made up their minds not to make the country work.

Even if the government approves funds and purchases these tools, it is Nigerians like you and I that will install, monitor and make these tools work...sadly, like I stated, we have made up our minds not to make the country work so it will still be the same issue

Men it’s a combination.

Cause a good, no, great leader, will even monitor those that are monitoring. He would push for stiff penalties, like life imprisonment, for officials who ought to protect national assists found destroying same assets.

But Nigerians won’t allow us have such a good leader.

See how when they interviewed Nigerians on the street during last election, 99.9% of them were still campaigning for Atiku and Buhari, even when other new, vibrant and intelligent candidates were also running.

It’s a sad situation really, bad citizens electing bad leaders. What is the hope for the few good men and women? What is the hope of a good man/woman getting to any form of leadership in this country? So that he/she can influence a large group of followers to also be good.

May God have mercy on the souls of the departed, you, me and all of mankind who seek his mercy.

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Phyde: 12:31pm On Mar 15, 2020
dangermouse:
honestly thought it was a bomb blast.
No difference from the blast that occur at Ikeja barracks some years back. There is more to this sound and vibration many felt from a long distance. Proper investigation need to be done.
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by ejanla077: 12:32pm On Mar 15, 2020
Trippledots:
I felt it at igando.. I was doing the number2 when it sounded. I thought the The water tank in the roof had collapsed on the building...

Damn!

Wats number 2
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Simplyleo: 12:32pm On Mar 15, 2020
bigtt76:
Pls go back and read carefully what I wrote and correct yourself cheesy

Pls what is here to be read for a second time?
In the first emboldened, you talked about empty rusted pipe, and I asked, who is talking about empty pipe when the one in question is obviously not empty? Besides, if an empty pipe is damaged, where will the explosion come from? Is a metallic pipe inflammable?

In the second emboldened, you talking about lifespan + or - bla bla bla. And I said, who factors in physical or environmental damage when estimating lifespan?

Lastly, highly inflammable fuel is very volatile, accompanied by gases. If these gases are subjected to heat, they expand thereby increasing pressure. When the rusted and weak metal are subjected to intense internal pressure, they give way and burst. The gas and liquid of course will ignite and explode.

So what is there in what you wrote that has to be re-read?

bigtt76:
We can argue or contribute in a more civilized manner you know? undecided

Anyway, an empty rusted pipeline would not burst on its own if not no product is pumped through it and who instructs the pumping process?

Besides the rust, these pipes have been so conditioned to have a lifespan which is + or - meaning if a pipe's lifespan is 100 years, it doesn't mean when it clocks 100 years it will immediately burst, rather the probability of it bursting is higher but most definitely not on its own. Have a lovely Sunday.

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by favinvest: 12:33pm On Mar 15, 2020
Question, why will people stay along PIPELINE RIGHT OF WAY?

Same goes for HIGH TENSION RIGHT OF WAY..?
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by pressplay411(m): 12:33pm On Mar 15, 2020
solonazzy:
Felt d vibrations at home along badagry road...so sad

Bros, it wasn't funny. I nearly ran out of my bathroom naked.
If an explosion could be that bad, imagine war zones?

2 Likes

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by ejanla077: 12:35pm On Mar 15, 2020
Orpe7:
Stop Pipeline vandalism
Lai lai, some mofos will not listen
Now because of a few idiots, many are feared dead and displaced
God help us
this is not pipeline vandalism. The pipe is close to the road. It's too open..
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by executive12: 12:35pm On Mar 15, 2020
6digitscomrade:
oh Bleep I just confirmed it destroyed our house also my brother just told me it was an asteroid I’m really really devastated right now!

Sorry to hear that. May God help you and all the affected to recover and rebuild.

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by 6digitscomrade: 12:36pm On Mar 15, 2020
ooohoo:

Lol...there is no need for you to be sensational. If you had checked your dictionary before making such claim, you wouldn't come out to say the explosion was caused by an asteroid impact.

It is true that there is a pipeline explosion, but it was so wrong of you to have ostensibly exaggerate the cause of the explosion. What do you stand to gain from such, my friend? Peace!
are u saying it’s impossible? And please excuse that checking of dictionary mr Man U can’t erroneously assume I don’t know the meaning of what I called that will be outrightly irresponsible to do.. I don’t live in Nigeria people on ground are telling me what they felt and their several speculations already... just because pipeline explosions it’s convenient to blame doesn’t mean every explosion outside Borno is a pipeline explosion.. expand ur horizon..

Lemme now concentrate on examining the damage back home ..don’t wanna argue about it ..thanks for ur concern.
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Merciful77: 12:36pm On Mar 15, 2020
Can't Nigeria ever be absent in negative news. Sorry to the ones affected.
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by doctore212(m): 12:37pm On Mar 15, 2020
Am very happy oo.

I planned to enter one olosho house for Abulado after 8 am mass. Then I heard the explosion.

My life have been saved today, may be I for dey on top olosho now when the blast for happen.

3 Likes

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by 6digitscomrade: 12:37pm On Mar 15, 2020
executive12:

Sorry to hear that. May God help you and all the affected to recover and rebuild.
Amen and thank you bro..
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by dangermouse(m): 12:37pm On Mar 15, 2020
Phyde:

No difference from the blast that occur at Ikeja barracks some years back. There is more to this sound and vibration many felt from a long distance. Proper investigation need to be done.
only diffence being that ikeja own was multiple and this one is single. Could imagine the destruction
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Jabioro: 12:38pm On Mar 15, 2020
millionboi2:
u don't bliv is pipeline?
No I believe the pipeline explosion,it even affected my ex..What I am saying in essence was the securities around that axis should be held accountable because there is no way..they wouldn't have information about the vandals..

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by emperorlaqrin: 12:38pm On Mar 15, 2020
bigcee:

Pls do you know the cost of a plot of land in Baruwa, peace estate?

Call or text me on 0 8 0 2 6 3 1 9 3 5 3
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Pidginwhisper: 12:39pm On Mar 15, 2020
6digitscomrade:

Do you know what asteroid is? Some of you go just open mouth talk nonsense sometimes

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by michealdeco: 12:39pm On Mar 15, 2020
6digitscomrade:
you're talking in the bull$hit asteroid ko steroid ni

You think an asteroid will enter earth without being seen in our orbit a long time ago undecided
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 15, 2020
What a black Sunday! cry
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Justarandomguy: 12:40pm On Mar 15, 2020
Jonathan:
Clearly loudly heard from hear (PALM AVENUE)

See that naked and injured, probably dead woman shocked last picture.

Why didn't they cover her nau undecided
LOL you think she will give a fuvk?
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by michealdeco: 12:40pm On Mar 15, 2020
Jabioro:
No I believe the pipeline explosion,it even affected my ex..What I am saying in essence was the securities around that axis should be held accountable because there is no way..they wouldn't have information about the vandals..
even the military checkpoint situated in the area was severely affected too
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 15, 2020
kushercain:

They're safe. The staff noticed a leak and just evacuated them about ten minutes before the explosion. But the school is gone now, complete rubble. I just left there

Really?

Are you serious right now?

Cos I'm about to cry with relief...

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Egheomhanre Eyieyien Dies After Facebook Post / Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? / Emir Sanusi Dethronement: Security Operatives Storm Kano Emir’s Palace (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.