Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) (81344 Views)

Peter Obi Clears Amuwo-odofin Lagos With Wide Margin - Punch / Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday / Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by dankoko200(m): 12:41pm On Mar 15, 2020
Felt d bang in my area , Aguda!!!
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by michealdeco: 12:42pm On Mar 15, 2020
FrLukas:

Jesus Christ!!!!

Please can you confirm that no student was hurt?

Please.

I just hope they had all gone to Church being a Catholic school and all.
I called a relation living close to the school and he said that some student were caught in the explosion even their house was shattered from the shock and they are currently packing out

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by seniormallam(m): 12:42pm On Mar 15, 2020
And me I didn't goto Church today because of fear of coronavirus, imagine if I'm living in that area of explosion........... This was how I will be running away from coronavirus and get killed at home by explosion?......... Never skipping Church again, anything that will happen let it happen.........to imagine that I've been waiting for rain to fell since I heard thunder sound, not knowing it was pipeline blast.

2 Likes

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Howyeh(f): 12:44pm On Mar 15, 2020
kushercain:

They're safe. The staff noticed a leak and just evacuated them about ten minutes before the explosion. But the school is gone now, complete rubble. I just left there
Eh o!
Halleluyah...
God be Praised!!!

3 Likes

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by emperorlaqrin: 12:45pm On Mar 15, 2020
johnnobles:
I heard the vibration in Canaan land otta. People around kept shouting blood of Jesus. Lord have mercy

I am surprised everyone is hearing the sound but I did not hear. I was in the church for the second service
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by yusfatedeeprof(m): 12:46pm On Mar 15, 2020
Felt the vibration here too like it's next to us, thought we are at war, like an airstrike or something.... Too much of Hollywood movies.....

This picture was taken immediately after the explosion...... The smoke from the explosion can be seen from here and it's getting thicker.....

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 15, 2020
michealdeco:
I called a relation living close to the school and he said that some student were caught in the explosion even their house was shattered from the shock and they are currently packing out

Damn!

This is so sad. cry
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Justarandomguy: 12:46pm On Mar 15, 2020
You guys remember the one that happened in ikeja?
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Emmerlee(m): 12:47pm On Mar 15, 2020
oluwoleife:
No smoke without fire.

These vandals will never cease to cause mayhem even when they know their lives are equally at risks.

We are our own problems in this country.....that's why i hardly blame govt.

Just last week, rail lines were stolen after govt is trying to fix it.

Things cant get better unless you and i change positively.

This is like saying everyone should be born again or fear God which isn't going to happen (regardless of the country). Government should create smart means to protect and secure the critical public infrastructures in the country. For example, if you as an average car owner can also invest in vehicle trackers and auto insurance policies, why should the Government not care about bigger things that are even more important to the nation?
This mentality of expecting every citizen to be 100% patriotic and good (which isn't going to happen) while absolving the government of negligence has to change. It is a very poor argument.

5 Likes

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 15, 2020
Offpoint:
What kinda pipeline explosion is that that the whole Lagos heard the sound and vibration?

I heard and felt the loud sound and vibration in Tin can....

It was the sound and vibration that woke me up this morning.
It was probably a bomb set up near the pipeline for God knows why

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by ikorodureporta: 12:51pm On Mar 15, 2020
Ishilove:
I felt the boom and felt the vibration all the way from where my end, which is the other side of Lagos.
which side??
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Godmademan(m): 12:51pm On Mar 15, 2020
It's a sad event. But I'm shocked only one person has so far considered the fact that pipelines and human activities are not supposed to exist side by side. Imagine, houses, school, church, etc around the location. If these structures are miles away, the losses would be occult. I'm sure the owners collected huGE sums from the government to cede the lands only to return and build on it.

I don't even know what to say about those that turn this into some comic episode. Another pointer to the fact that many Nigerians operate at sub-normal level of intelligence. It's a sad situation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by valarmorghulis: 12:52pm On Mar 15, 2020
FrLukas:

Jesus Christ!!!!

Please can you confirm that no student was hurt?

Please.

I just hope they had all gone to Church being a Catholic school and all.
The children are safe

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by ikorodureporta: 12:54pm On Mar 15, 2020
LtCZAR:
This was how close I could get to the scene, Our Prayers should be for the girls of Bethlehem Secondary School. The school was brought to ground by the explosion
OMG!
I dey cry here like this
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Howyeh(f): 12:55pm On Mar 15, 2020
FrLukas:

Really?

Are you serious right now?

Cos I'm about to cry with relief...
We r on d same page o.....
As my Bp dropped to normal at the sight of "A staff evacuated the students......" prior the explosion.
We bless God!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 15, 2020
Howyeh:

We r on d same page o.....
As my Bp dropped to normal at the sight of "A staff evacuated the students......" prior the explosion.
We bless God!

Amen o.
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Cmanforall: 12:57pm On Mar 15, 2020
Raysleek:
Pipeline vandalism is a steady source of income criminals in that area, even the police and soldiers are involved. Technology needs to be incorporated in pipeline monitoring. We can invent things like conductor strips that will run along the pipe na, any tampering will easily be noticeable and the exact location will be known also.
I guess all the ideas will need electricity.

A constant power supply in Nigeria will curb so many menace in the country.
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 15, 2020
valarmorghulis:

The children are save

OMG!!!

Thank you.

Thank God.

May God bless those teachers that had the presence of mind to evacuate those children.

May those who lost their lives RIP o.

I'm tired of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Franchise21(m): 12:59pm On Mar 15, 2020
ewizard1:
Thought it was a bomb blast. The vibration shook my building at Ago.
Where at Ago?
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 15, 2020
kushercain:

They're safe. The staff noticed a leak and just evacuated them about ten minutes before the explosion. But the school is gone now, complete rubble. I just left there
God bless the Staff!
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by ikorodureporta: 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2020
jlinkssolutions:
What if this happened on a working or schooling day?

All the children that’ll be in that school ? Even the teachers too!

Thank You Jesus for not putting so many parents and families in tears, Amen ! I Bless You Lord Almighty, Amen ��

May the souls of the dead RIP, Amen !.

Quick recovery on the wounded and total restoration to those that lost one thing or the other, Amen ��

that school is an all Girls Catholic boarding house
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:04pm On Mar 15, 2020
Emmerlee:

This is like saying everyone should be born again or fear God which isn't going to happen (regardless of the country). Government should create smart means to protect and secure the critical public infrastructures in the country. For example, if you as an average car owner can also invest in vehicle trackers and auto insurance policies, why should the Government not care about bigger things that are even more important to the nation?
This mentality of expecting every citizen to be 100% patriotic and good (which isn't going to happen) while absolving the government of negligence has to change. It is a very poor argument.

Who is government
What is government
Who makes up the government

Nigerian government is bad because it is made up of bad Nigerians which make up at least 80 percent of Nigeria.
Until we become better Nigerians we can't have a better government.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Kolinakano: 1:07pm On Mar 15, 2020
#NOTOOKADABAN
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by lagdmark(m): 1:09pm On Mar 15, 2020
Witcher:
people who live in banana island don't say banana island
He could be a maid living in a BQ

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by Jabioro: 1:09pm On Mar 15, 2020
michealdeco:
even the military checkpoint situated in the area was severely affected too
You could imagine the corruption level and the damages to the citizen...
Re: Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) by fishbone11(m): 1:14pm On Mar 15, 2020
Witcher:
people who live in banana island don't say banana island
Have u ever heard Linda Ikeji called Banana Island one day yet she stays there. It's only those that don't stay there that knows the name

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Egheomhanre Eyieyien Dies After Facebook Post / Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? / Emir Sanusi Dethronement: Security Operatives Storm Kano Emir’s Palace (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.