Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,489 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults (7030 Views)

Wike On Secession: Won’t Allow Anyone To Annex, Hoist Unnecessary Flag In Rivers / 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) / Gbenga Daniel And Rotimi Amaechi In Campaign Debate On Channels TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Dedetwo(m): 5:05pm On Mar 18, 2020
BSMS:
What if they decide to nationalise Biafran company's and business? Forget igbophobia let's Debate extensively on this with facts and points.

There is a word called retaliation in human nature. In addition, there is law in science that states "Actions and reactions are equal and opposite".

2 Likes

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by selemempe: 5:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
horsepower102:

Sir with all due respect, stop your hypotheticals. You are using the emergency war powers to project what a Biafra civilian rule would be like.

If America didn’t win the revolutionary war against the British, some people will be saying that George Washington would’ve been a dictator if he had won.

That’s exactly what you are doing with Ojukwu. There is no way you can read the ahiara declaration and believe Ojukwu would have been a dictator.

Please stop it. I know you want one Nigeria.
well we can't know for sure now. But The truth is that it would have been harder to develop Biafra into a strong and powerful country without a strong ojukwu... after the war. Political hawks would have turned the oil-rich country to look like the average west African countries. If we were ever going to be as developed as Gabon, then it must certainly come from a dictatorship... because Niger Delta would have been harder to rule over in a democratic government.

Today things are different, dictatorship are being changed all over Africa and we have all learnt our lessons with Nigeria.

I'm not for one Nigeria
Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 5:10pm On Mar 18, 2020
Rubbish Thread. grin
Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by oyatz(m): 5:11pm On Mar 18, 2020
I am a firm believer in the democratic system and the right to self determination.

However, this referendum case isn't as easy as you are assuming.

1) Who has the power to order for the referendum? Is it the President, the National Assembly or Supreme Court?

2) The referendum will be conducted exactly on which Geographical area?

The Five States in the SE, SE +SS , the whole of the old Eastern Region or States that are nominated by Nnamdi Kanu/IPOB?

3) Who is eligible to vote in the referendum? Is it ALL residents (regardless of their tribes) in a State or is it members of certain tribes (Igbos, Efik and Ibibio etc) alone that will vote?

How do you define who is an Igbo, Efik, Ijaw or Ogoni? Any clear cut definition of membership of the affected tribes?

Will members of the affected tribes return home to vote or vote wherever they are presently residing?

4) How do you interpret the results of the referendum? Is it two-third majority of the State population or the voters?

If the voters in let's say Nzam voted against secession but the secession votes is successful in the overall votes in Anambra State, what will happen to LGAs that voted against secession?

5) Which voters' register will be used?

6) Which body will actually conduct the referendum? Is it INEC or each State Independent Electoral Commisions?

gidgiddy:

Lets just assume what you said above is true. Lets just assume that there are 20 million Igbos who make their living in Nigeria, they are richer than those who live in Igbo land, and should referendum come, the 20 million would see to it that the referendum goes in favour of unity with Nigeria

The question then remains, why is Nigeria scared of Biafra? If people like you already know that there are 20 million Igbos who will vote against Biafra in a referendum, why start this thread? Why this resentment against the Biafran agitation since there are already 20 million Igbos who love 'one Nigeria'?

How come we have never seen not one of these 20 million Igbos hold one single rally for "one Nigeria" in Igbo land or elsewhere? Yet we have seen millions of IPOB hold rallies in Nigeria and beyond.

Lets stop this foolishness. Let Igbos decide their destiny. No amount of wealth or money is worth freedom.

Igbo have a every right to vote in referendum to decide for themselves their future, whether for better or worse. Those who are agitating for Biafra want the matter of Biafra decided through a democratic referendum. That is what matters, being given the power to choose your destiny is often more important than the choice that was made.

So whether Igbos vote for Biafra or Nigeria is not even the main issue. The main issue is getting the right to even make a choice in the first place.

Igbos are a very resilient people, the average Igbo man believes in himself. For the Igbo man, his success or faliure has nothing to do with being in Nigeria. The Igbo man believes he can make it anywhere in the world

2 Likes

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Coldie(m): 5:14pm On Mar 18, 2020
seanwilliam:
stop justifying nonsense.. you've been making sense from page 1 till sentiment clouded your judgement
I wasn't d one who brought drug trafficking or sentiments into the argument

1 Like

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by thunderfirebubu: 5:15pm On Mar 18, 2020
tatatar:

Is there a law that says you can't do both
"...the world has never seen before" -you got this "fact" from your Biafra encyclopaedia right?
Who says I'm from the North anyways
Hope you're not planning on murdering and robbing that your nephew that just returned with drug money from South Africa.
Criminals!!!
oga ur 72 virgins are waiting for u, blow urself up nd go enjoy. Dirty Fulani terrorist

3 Likes

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by horsepower102: 5:17pm On Mar 18, 2020
selemempe:
well we can't know for sure now. But The truth is that it would have been harder to develop Biafra into a strong and powerful country without a strong ojukwu... after the war. Political hawks would have turned the oil-rich country to look like the average west African countries. If we were ever going to be as developed as Gabon, then it must certainly come from a dictatorship... because Niger Delta would have been harder to rule over in a democratic government.

Today things are different, dictatorship are being changed all over Africa and we have all learnt our lessons with Nigeria.

I'm not for one Nigeria

Ojukwu is stubborn. Truth

But he is stubbornly rational meaning that he is someone that can be reasoned with. But the idea of him being a dictator is an after thought and changing of historical facts.

It was the eastern government council made up of all the biafran provinces that gave Ojukwu the mandate to declare the state of Biafra after 2 days of deliberations.

Ojukwu obeyed even though he would loose all his fathers wealth and in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by selemempe: 5:39pm On Mar 18, 2020
horsepower102:

Ojukwu is stubborn. Truth

But he is stubbornly rational meaning that he is someone that can be reasoned with. But the idea of him being a dictator is an after thought and changing of historical facts.

It was the eastern government council made up of all the biafran provinces that gave Ojukwu the mandate to declare the state of Biafra after 2 days of deliberations.

Ojukwu obeyed even though he would loose all his fathers wealth and in Nigeria.

he also had the chance to end the war when the tides were against him...he waited till millions died before he yielded...that was an unreasonable decision...zik, okpara and a few other top igbos stood by him at the start of the war...by the end they had all deserted him

See our best bet of getting Biafra was not 1967 and it is not now either...our best bet was 1957 after the east had just gained independence and could have declared itself separate in a democratic process that the British would have had no choice but to accept

Our short-sighted leaders squandered that opportunity

2 Likes

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by oyatz(m): 6:12pm On Mar 18, 2020
You accused other Nigerians for not addressing the grievances of the Igbos.

christopher123:
That is not the issue, the issue on stake is that...they want to leave..period

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Coldie(m): 6:19pm On Mar 18, 2020
selemempe:
he also had the chance to end the war when the tides were against him...he waited till millions died before he yielded...that was an unreasonable decision...zik, okpara and a few other top igbos stood by him at the start of the war...by the end they had all deserted him

See our best bet of getting Biafra was not 1967 and it is not now either...our best bet was 1957 after the east had just gained independence and could have declared itself separate in a democratic process that the British would have had no choice but to accept

Our short-sighted leaders squandered that opportunity
We igbos are not ready for Biafra.

The kind of plan I have on getting Biafra, if war was to happen the whole west Africa might be engulfed.

The whole world might come into it.

Unless we just continue with our bad attitude as a country, we will frustrate the rest of the world so much that if there's to be a war they won't give a fvck about Nigeria we will just be left alone to kill ourselves to our satisfaction.

Then do what has to be done
Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Coldie(m): 6:23pm On Mar 18, 2020
I don't like the way Nigeria is going, I don't like the fact that my people are suffering.

Igbos are suffering In this Nigeria, but people don't care I don't blame them Everyone has there own wars to fight.

We are not asking for what's not ours we want equity for everybody.

Let there not be marginalization of anybody carry everyone along.

That 22billion dollar loan and the fact that people supported it showed me that really wickedness exists in this country

1 Like

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by goodnessme1(f): 6:29pm On Mar 18, 2020
christopher123:
WHY ARE YOU HURT AND ANGERED? TAKE A CHILL PLEASE BIKO

He is a yoruba muslim.always aggressive

1 Like

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Coldie(m): 6:30pm On Mar 18, 2020
The only thing Buhari wants to do for us second Niger bridge to cost 200billion. For the FG to build it they had to agree that it must be tolled.

Excuse is that the Fg has no money, but same Fg with no money was about to dash Kaduna state over 1trillion aka 30million dollars no interest grant in the name of economic intervention.

Nigerians see for yourself the level of injustice we face here
Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by goodnessme1(f): 6:35pm On Mar 18, 2020
Conner44:

Mr. Man, whatever businesses or companies we lose due to nationalization is not supposed to be your concern. Tell me why what an igbo man loses should bother or concern you.

Is it your company? Is it your business? Why are you crying in advance for the igbos and what you fear they will suffer when biafra comes? Why the headache for their own wahala? Ehn!

Let igbo stay .... NO

Oya let them go .... NO

Why? Because igbos suffer if we allow them go with biafra.

But you say you don’t like them... they are fake drug peddlers, kidnappers, robbers etc. why bother about their well-being after separation

Helinues you and your kind are just pathetic. The other one above shouting about fake drug’s upandan should remember that the west is the breeding ground for past, present and future RITUAL MURDERERS. And left for me, I prefer fake drug pushers to people who will cut my head off the first chance they get.
Those poison they call Agbo,that yorubas are selling
is it genuine drugs

2 Likes

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Coldie(m): 6:38pm On Mar 18, 2020
I try my best not to be detribalized, I try my best not to be affected by the emotional effects of the war, my entire extended family got decimated during the war, my father grew up father less he lost both his father and all his brothers to the war.

For the sake of Nigeria I forgave all so we can move forward for a better future, but some people can never be satisfied with what's due to them, if they don't find a way to cheat others and call it politics they won't be satisfied.

When Obj was President do u know Buhari was winning the core north bumper to bumper year after year, did Obj marginalize them or decide to make a scape goat of them? NO

Nigerians see all these and its cool after all they are Igbo's they say they want Biafra we won't give them Biafra but we must frustrate them in this Nigeria. Time shall tell

4 Likes

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Coldie(m): 6:43pm On Mar 18, 2020
Ipob killed nobody despite all the intimidation, extra judicial killings, unlawful arrests, etc.

That's one of the reason why I have learnt not to ever insult kanu again.

If Shekau and his book haram members that killed thousands, the govt could come up with the idea of amnesty and foreign education for them.

Or Fulani herdsman and miyetti Allah that did worst yet the president accords them maximum respect.

Why will I harm my people whose only offense was refusing to fight by the sword but by the pen.

NEVER

4 Likes

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by sweetsell: 6:44pm On Mar 18, 2020
You igbos are excessively foolish I swear.
Did Nigeria economy crash during or after Biafra war ?What happened to the economy of Biafra ?

Were you father n mother not waiting for federal allocation to Kickstart your economy. Isn't that why your parent ran to lagos when the fund was delayed ?

The Yoruba u n your father love to hate in the person of Awolowo was still the person that gave you 3 year allocation you were never entitled to kickstart your pathetic life.

christopher123:
Are we talking war? why is it that most times you guys think wars ..many of this countries left without wars...Black man start thinking properly pls

let us be civil...it is not hypothesis it is reality

Biafra leaving would likely crash Nigerian economy and that is why they are begging them in a way to stay..they are tempting them with presidency and I think the IGBO are not hearing that

smell the coffee

1 Like

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Coldie(m): 6:50pm On Mar 18, 2020
sweetsell:
You igbos are excessively foolish I swear.
Did Nigeria economy crash during or after Biafra war ? What happened to the economy of Biafra
? Were you father n mother. Of waiting for federal allocation to Kickstart your economy. Isn't that why your parent ran to lagos when the fund was delayed ?

The Yoruba u n your father live to hate in the person of Awolowo was still the person that gave you 3 year allocation you were never entitled to Kickstart your pathetic life.

You are too f00lish for my liking. Trying to force me into engaging the Yoruba's. Like I said you are a dimwit I don't give a fvck about u

3 Likes

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by oyatz(m): 6:51pm On Mar 18, 2020
Tribal bigotry has not made you to understand economic principles.

You wrongly assume that a particular tribe (the Igbos) is what determine the economy of a place (Lagos in particular and Nigeria in general) instead of the market forces of Demand &Supply.

In case of disintegration of Nigeria, EVERY Geopolitical zone in this country will feel the devastating consequences because we are already interdependent.

For instance you didn't discuss how certain Agricultural produce, electricity and petroleum products will be supplied to Biafra or how Bifra will export their products.

Many problems will be created in each zone but with different severities. As each zone solve it's own problems, they become more developed.

1) The Igbos are not in-charge of the economy in Johannesburg, Accra or even Cotonou,why hasn't the economies of these cities crashed?

2) If having Igbos in large numbers is just what is needed to achieve great economic activities, how come areas with over 95% Igbo population have not become the greatest economic power houses?

christopher123:
Let me make it a bit easier for you...secession doesnt mean war...unless the black man is thinking that and also , freedom is the highest sacrifice what makes a nation is not the buildings or houses but capacity. The igbo have that capacity. Do you know that let us say about 10 million Igbo leave lagos for instance and these 10 million have about N1000 naira in their accounts....guess what, about 10 billion would leave lagos economy and it might crash. If you want to know this, wait till Dec 28 to jan 3rd and see how desolate lagos is

when igbo leave, trust me things would be affected

The travel industry will crash
The apapa port would dull because importers are gone
The entertainiment (Nollywood ) would crash for Biafrawood
Sports would dull becuase stakeholders are not around
Hospitality would dull...Igbo lodgers are leaving
Beverage industries would go because The north dont consume beers and the igbo would go and produce theirs trust them
Poverty would set in because majority of money has left the economy#real estate prices will crash becuase no occupants or low occupant.... lagos would be like ibadan
Skills would go

Guess what
Igboland would boost because the new biafra would have millions of people and this would create opportunities and opportunities create employment .
New embassies would spring up
Biafra hospitality, real estate and travel would boost
Aviation would be high and Lagos aviation would be dull
a new entertainment hib would be created
Igbo industriousness would be unleashed
It would be a win win for biafra ...looking at the economic angle a

as of the properties, do not worry...International laws protect that. When the jews left Europe to create isreal in 1945..they did not loose their properties and today look at isreal....

So do not worry about igbo let them worry about themselves....do not cry more than the bereaved

2 Likes

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Coldie(m): 6:58pm On Mar 18, 2020
oyatz:

You wrongly assume that a particular tribe (the Igbos) is what determine the economy of a place (Lagos in particular and Nigeria in general) instead of the market forces of Demand &Supply.

In case of disintegration of Nigeria, EVERY Geopolitical zone in this country will feel the devastating consequences because we are already interdependent.

For instance you didn't discuss how certain Agricultural produce, electricity and petroleum products will be supplied to Biafra or how Bifra will export their products.

Many problems will be created in each zone but with different severities. As each zone solve it's own problems, they become more developed.

1) The Igbos are not in-charge of the economy in Johannesburg, Accra or even Cotonou,why hasn't the economies of these cities crashed?

2) If having Igbos in large numbers is just what is needed to achieve great economic activities, how come areas with over 95% Igbo population have not become the greatest economic power houses?

A lot of my people are not yet updated with reality don't blame him
Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by oyatz(m): 6:59pm On Mar 18, 2020
This is the most intelligent and unbiased post I have ever seen you writing on Nairaland.
Let me ask you one question;

Did you write it yourself or you just copied from somewhere?
christopher123:
However as well as emulating Israel’s benefits, Biafra may also have mimicked Israel’s problems. Igbos are often called “The Jews of Africa”. The title is not fanciful. Had Biafra succeeded, it would have had similar demographic and geographic challenges to the world’s only Jewish state. It would have been surrounded by hostile nations, while simultaneously facing an armed insurrection within its borders by its own citizens.

Biafra faced many challenges within; including a Game of Thrones style cocktail of conspiracies, internal rivalries, politics, and in-fighting. Not all eastern Nigerians approved of secession. The Efiks, Annangs, Ibibios, and Ijaws within Biafra were not enthusiastic about swapping a Nigerian passport under a Hausa-Fulani led government, with a Biafran passport where they would be led by an Igbo government. How would the ethnic groups on Biafra’s southern coast react to being minority citizens of a country where most of the wealth is obtained from their land, but where they did not have economic and political leadership? Probably in the way they reacted when the same circumstances arose in Nigeria; MEND, Niger Delta People’s Volunteer Force et al. The armed campaign of kidnapping and violence which Niger Delta militants waged against the Nigerian federal government would instead have been waged within Biafra’s borders – against the Biafran government. Isaac Idaka Boro’s short-lived Niger Delta Peoples Republic (and the fact that Boro fought for the Nigerian federal army against Biafra) was a demonstration that Niger Delta militants would have turned their guns on Biafra before long.

NOISY NEIGHBOURS

How would Biafra have related to its neighbours? To its northern border would have been one or two landlocked northern republics awash with trained combatant soldiers and guns. These landlocked countries would need would need deals with Biafra to gain access to the sea. If Biafra refused or negotiations got difficult, their demands for access to the sea may have turned violent. Would these northern republics quietly tolerate the noisy, rich, and successful little nation to their south without envy or rivalry? Unlikely.

THE MID-WEST

To Biafra’s western border would have been a diverse country of Edos, Esans, Isokos, Itsekiris, Urhobos, Ika-Igbos and others (modern day Delta and Edo States). Would Biafra have closed its borders to its Igbo brothers living in the state next door? Two options were open to Biafra. It could have encouraged the Igbos living to its west to migrate to Biafra by granting them automatic Biafran citizenship under an Israel style “law of return”. That of course would have presented its own problems by inferring that Biafra was an Igbo ethnic theocracy. It would also have fuelled fears among non-Igbo Biafrans that Biafra was an Igbo project.

The other option would have been to enlarge Biafra’s territory by extending its borders westward into Igbo speaking areas west of the River Niger such as Asaba. Non-Igbos living in such areas were unlikely to accept such territorial encroachment peacefully. Any Biafran attempt to annex territory west of the Niger would have been violently resisted. Even if successful, Biafran soldiers would have been viewed as an army of occupation in the manner of British soldiers in Northern Ireland and Israeli soldiers in the Gaza Strip and West Bank.
Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Coldie(m): 7:01pm On Mar 18, 2020
oyatz:
This is the most intelligent and unbiased post I have ever seen you writing on Nairaland.
Let me ask you one question;

Did you write it yourself or you just copied from somewhere?
Guy if u want to know anything about igbos don't listen it from anyone who is a Biafra fanatic there views will always be smhw.

Why do u choose to only focus on his views?
Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by DabuIIIT: 7:24pm On Mar 18, 2020
BSMS:
(001)
DON'T TELL ME YOU DON'T HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION

(1) How many Igbos live or work in Kano State?
(2) How many Igbos live or work in Abuja?
(3) How man Igbos live or work in Lagos?
(4) Is it true that more than 20 million Igbos live or work in other parts of Nigeria outside Igboland?
(5) Is it true that there are more Igbo owned businesses outside Igboland than those located in Igboland?
(6) If true, it means Igbos earn more than half their income from economic activities occurring in other parts of Nigeria outside Igboland.

If you don't have the above information, how can you honestly and realistically plan for secession or for Biafra?

If as a result of secession millions of Igbos are to relocate back to Igboland, what plans do you have to provide them employment and settle them in Igboland?

The funny thing about ipob is that they never think about these things. They just emote.

One thing they forgot was that by the time Ojujwu declared Biafra in 1967, all Igbos in Nigeria had been forced back to Igboland. If millions of Igbos were freely doing their business in Kano and Lagos, Ojukwu would not have attempted a secession.

You need to consider the 20 million Igbos scattered all over Nigeria outside Igboland. If you were them, would you abandon your successful businessrs in Kano and Lagos and return to Igboland to fight over land with your village people?

Those 20 million Igbos are richer than those in Igboland. When referendum comes, they will vote against break-up and they will use their influence to get their brothers at home to vote against it. So, I can predict with certainty that the referendum will fail woefully.

The Igbos are like eagles. They need a vast space to soar wide and far. Igbos don't need to be confined within a tight space. They are free spirits. For the Igbos, there should be no national boundaries. The Igbos need a borderless world, without national boundaries.

We just need to give them an enabling environment, a levelplaying field, a system where reward will be based on merit and hard work, justice and equity and fair play. What the Igbos want is a fair play, not a border. We are free people. The whole world bu nke anyi. Africa should have been like India or China - just one country.

Now, let's debate. No insults.

This is nothing but pure Igbophobia otherwise,how the hell do you think that it's only the igbos that wants out of this gabbage zoo of a nation?
We Niger Deltans aren't interested in this cesspool.
Do you know about COSEG (COALITION OF OODUA SELF DETERMINATION GROUP)?

Keep dreaming of igbos and their properties

1 Like

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by oyatz(m): 7:29pm On Mar 18, 2020
Christmas period is NOT for Igbos alone sir.

During the Christmas period,which coincide with the end of the year,

1) many companies close their production line to rest. This had nothing to do with Igbos.

2) Many people use this period of vacation to travel to their home towns/villages. Are ALL the vehicles leaving Lagos during the period filled with Igbos only and ALL the vehicles are heading to Igboland?

3) Is the slowing down of production activities limited to Lagos?

Factories in Bompai Industrial Estate in Kano and Oluyole Industrial Estate, Ibadan also close down their production lines. Can these be attributed to Igbos travelling homes?

Are Igbos traveling home for the Christmas break the same reasons while Cotonou, Abidjan, Lome and Kigali also experience reduced production activities during the Christmas period?

4) During the June-12 crisis when most Igbos left Lagos in hundreds of Buses for about two months, did Lagos stopped being the Economic powerhouse of Nigeria?

5) During 1967-1970, when Igbos left for Biafra, did economy of the rest of Nigeria crash?

christopher123:
But that is the truth...it is econmics. traffic would crash in lagos and abuja airports, embassies would relcate, banks would feel the impacts...and there would be disruption in Nigerian economy...if you want to know how Nigeria would look like if igbo leave...look at lagos by Dec 29th to januray 3rd...iT WOULD GIVE YOU A CLEAR PICTURE...it is simple economics

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 18, 2020
Coldie:
Horsepower102 I saw ur thread on Igbo land boundary. To me I would like to discuss that with u. I got a solution to that long time ago.

That would benefit us.

Share it here .....biko
Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by sweetsell: 9:02pm On Mar 18, 2020
christopher123:
Easy stop been agitated..I do not know why this is paining you guys especially yoruba..look at your words

Well I have spoken the truth

Do you know the meaning of agitation ?
If you don't what Biafra is doing what is it called?
Can you now see that you were born a fool ?
Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by holicupp(m): 9:10pm On Mar 18, 2020
Oluwadare:
We don't actually need to go into secession before Nigeria can be a great country. Albeit, I always lean towards restructuring of some archaic ideas that are giving us problems presently. Such as quota system, half-back education yet such person is permitted by law to contest for critical position in our dear nation.

Having said this, we only need strict laws that can deter anyone from going into corruption. Our major problem in this country is mere corruption, I mean corruption in all spheres of the country. Once we are able to cut out corruption, then we are on our way up as a nation. For instance, you steal this amount of money, you will be killed, you go against any government rules and regulations you will be certainly punished including all the government officials and the removal of unnecessary clauses in our existing laws, such as immunity being enjoyed by certain people in the government.

We have much more to gain in our togetherness than go our separate ways. May God bless Nigeria and all Nigerians.

gbam u nailed it
Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2020
tatatar:

Thank you for bringing that up.Perhaps you should be the one to tell us.The average Nigerian, including myself,knows someone who have died due to fake drugs.
Not less than 100,000 deaths are caused in sub-saharan Africa (which Nigeria will have a huge chunk of)yearly from fake malaria drugs alone o.
Easily you guys are worst bringers of death than Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen combined.

Bia ......I know of no one who has died of fake drugs......
Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by adamx23(m): 10:00pm On Mar 18, 2020
Coldie:

We igbos are not ready for Biafra.

The kind of plan I have on getting Biafra, if war was to happen the whole west Africa might be engulfed.

The whole world might come into it.

Unless we just continue with our bad attitude as a country, we will frustrate the rest of the world so much that if there's to be a war they won't give a fvck about Nigeria we will just be left alone to kill ourselves to our satisfaction.

Then do what has to be done
You guys are clowns. lol.. Hope you wouldn't be expecting Nigeria to feed you again if the war starts...

1 Like

Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by adamx23(m): 10:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
oyatz:

Guy, stop giving free education to highly delusional people.. Lol.
Re: Let's Debate On Secession. No Insults by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 18, 2020
gbengaeed:
...Secession will never happen in Nigeria not because Nigerians want to stay together but because of the aftermath of the event, any region that gain independent today would be brutally dealt with by the other region in their domain no amount of deal or discussion can stop this, and even if you divide the country into 6 country we will still be hostile to one another endless war along the boarder and i don't think the UN will approve this , people will be victimize and you can't denies the fact that there are more opportunities in some region than the other especially immediate opportunity , Musa will be treated like trash in Anambra, Kunle will have to change his name and religion to make it in Kano and Amaka will pay more than the reasonable tax in Ibadan, Ijaw man may be kill in Sokoto for going away with the oil revenue. Honestly the people you believe to be in-charge of this country feel irritated by been together with the other people! you might not believe but when you join the circle of command you will understand.

Secession isn't a call for fire spitting......

When the USSR divided, did the world end

If no then why must we be different.....

See ehhh the truth is that we will be better as neighbors than as one country........

All your assertions about killings and blahsssss.......if this country divides non of your assertions would happen....even if they do....it will be on minimal amount and would be met with strict measures

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2023: Yahaya Bello Supporters Inauguarate Plateau Exco, To Begin Mobilization / Why Weapons Purchased With Supplementary Budget Can’t Arrive Now – CAS / I'm So Proud To Be A South-Westerner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.