Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,218 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump (111612 Views)

US Approves Chloroquine For Treating Coronavirus / Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu / Coronavirus: US Confirms First Death, More Cases Likely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 19, 2020
FactBoyz:
Meanwhile Microbiology graduates in Nigeria cannot find job to research hence becoming tailors an makeup artists...

Buhari is yet to address the nation. Take me back to the Goodluck Jonathan days when we had Labaran Maku (information minister) who must have been interviewed already, talking in a well refined and lively manner. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala who must have advised the government on the best economic approach to take, and GEJ himself who must have addressed the nation.

Take me back to the GEJ days.. I am fed up with incompetence and backwardness and acute zombieism

We once had a president

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by NdiaraIGBO: 9:01pm On Mar 19, 2020
FactBoyz:
Meanwhile Microbiology graduates in Nigeria cannot find job to research hence becoming tailors an makeup artists...

Buhari is yet to address the nation. Take me back to the Goodluck Jonathan days when we had Labaran Maku (information minister) who must have been interviewed already, talking in a well refined and lively manner. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala who must have advised the government on the best economic approach to take, and GEJ himself who must have addressed the nation.

Take me back to the GEJ days.. I am fed up with incompetence and backwardness and acute zombieism

Stupidity is truly free!

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Bobbycastrol007(m): 9:01pm On Mar 19, 2020
FDA has dissapprove the use of chloroquine as treatment for corona virus pls someone should post a new trend make people no go dey chop chloroquine like food

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by colestephan86: 9:01pm On Mar 19, 2020
FactBoyz:

People wey no get sense just dey talk trash.
You want the president to come tell you to use hand sanitizers or to self quarantine?
The responsible ministries on the the case.
Imagine the president was LAX on the boarder closure , how much do u think rice and other food items will be now.
GEJ himself knows that he isn't as proactive and the old slow man.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Qadaffi2idiamin: 9:02pm On Mar 19, 2020
Wahala...

Chloroquine will now be one Tab #5000
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by NdiaraIGBO: 9:02pm On Mar 19, 2020
RedBlackPepper:
It is only the blood of Jesus that can cure this thing. With prayers and fasting.

Ok keep waiting for Jesus, wretchedness and deep poverty awaits some people.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by CSTR2: 9:03pm On Mar 19, 2020
At least, we don't need to depend on the west for the drug.

Any Nigerian drug company that cannot produce ordinary chloroquine phosphate should be shut down.

Even me as a chemical engineer can isolate chloroquine from Mango leaves.
Though the dosage and pharmacokinetics of it is where I would get stuck.
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by knowhowk: 9:03pm On Mar 19, 2020
Good.But if a Nigerian brought up that Idea ,it would be trashed ,Why ?
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by TheGiftedOne(m): 9:03pm On Mar 19, 2020
hisexcellency34:
The same N50 naira Chloroquine that scratches ones body if taken?

Wouldn't you rather scratch your whole body than allow Covid-19 scratch your lungs?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by highbee02: 9:03pm On Mar 19, 2020
Lilbest3:
HAKIM, what exactly will Trump do that you terrorists and your terrorist sympathising leftists will not complain about? What's wrong with trying the drugs? Trump is holding press conference almost every 24 hours what has your president said since the outbreak?

Our President is a cattle rearer, he doesn't know anything about orthodox medicine. What do u expect when we have a nomad in Aso rock?

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by GoodFaith: 9:04pm On Mar 19, 2020
If I take Chloroquine my body itchy
Thank God I have no use it for over 33 year
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by just2endowed: 9:05pm On Mar 19, 2020
IJEYdiamond:

Àgbo things... that means is to go back to traditional things oo

Used to take that concortion if malaria struck. Mehn that dongoyaro leaves is the main thing as it's believed to contain chloroquine too. It's so bitter that u will need to mix it with lemon/mango leaves, pawpaw leaves or slice lemon while cookinh it.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Orpe7(m): 9:05pm On Mar 19, 2020
IJEYdiamond:

Hmmmm.. apart from bitter leaf.... any other??
Some drinks contain quinne too

Schweppes
But e no fit be like original
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 19, 2020
@ mods kindly edit or take down this misleading headline ASAP

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by obembet(f): 9:05pm On Mar 19, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by GoodFaith: 9:05pm On Mar 19, 2020
just2endowed:

Used to take that concortion if malaria struck. Mehn that dongoyaro leaves is the main thing as it's believed to contain chloroquine too. It's so bitter that u will need to mix it with lemon/mango leaves, pawpaw leaves or slice lemon while cookinh it.

Dude I can't take the itching
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by mvem(m): 9:06pm On Mar 19, 2020
Xisnin:

No.
FDA is right, Trump is lying.

Is Trump a kid that can't use language properly?
The question is simple.
Has chloroquine been approved for Covid-19?
The answer is no and therefore Trump is lying as usual.

Clinical trials and approval are very very different.
Many drugs die in the clinical trial stage and are never approved.

There are tens of drugs being researched and developed for Covid-19.
Some are even in an advanced testing stage.

Nobody in their right mind will claim such drugs have been approved when they
have not.
OK...but I hope it works... Let the world just rest
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by udemzyudex(m): 9:07pm On Mar 19, 2020
Lordave:
Bad market to China and her pathetic sympathizers.

So can footballing activities resume already?

I want to hawk Chelsea funeral banners at Allianz Arena.

How is it bad market? Pls elucidate.
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Xisnin(m): 9:07pm On Mar 19, 2020
seanwilliam:
lol, as if you are from a country with a better presidency... once again , you're the most daft entity I've come across on nairaland tbh.. tell me any president in the world that is breaking record and hitting new miles like trump, if you cant, then you are very stupid.

It takes extreme stupidity to be a Trump supporter.
Just like Trump, your grammar is at a primary school level.
Lumping incoherent words together, projecting and hurling insults.

Your thinking skills are below par. What does it take to ask questions and punch holes in a propaganda piece?

"breaking record and hitting new miles"?
Is that the new lie they just released for your guys or did you fail to construct a correct simple sentence once again?

What is most painful is that you would put up your hand if educated people are being counted.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Adakintroy2: 9:07pm On Mar 19, 2020
Lilbest3:
HAKIM, what exactly will Trump do that you terrorists and your terrorist sympathising leftists will not complain about? What's wrong with trying the drugs? Trump is holding press conference almost every 24 hours what has your president said since the outbreak?

Bubu yansh has been in the sky and his head buried in sand like a good Muslim praying for relieve.
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 19, 2020
Lilbest3:
Buhari is a manifestation of Nigeria's systematic ridiculousness.
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by able20(m): 9:09pm On Mar 19, 2020
knowhowk:
Good.But if a Nigerian brought up that Idea ,it would be trashed ,Why ?
Because in Nigeria anything USA is the best. I hope the United States love Nigeria the way we love dem

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by seanwilliam(m): 9:09pm On Mar 19, 2020
Xisnin:

It takes extreme stupidity to be a Trump supporter.
Just like Trump, your grammar is at a primary school level.
Lumping incoherent words together, projecting and hurling insults.

Your thinking skills are below par. What does it take to ask questions and punch holes in a propaganda piece?

"breaking record and hitting new miles"?
Is that the new lie they just released for your guys or did you fail to construct a correct simple sentence once again?

What is most painful is that you would put up your hand if educated people are being counted.
grin I sha try pass patience Jonathan...
Anyway you are very lucky I'm in good mood right now.. I for give you back to back
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by sndk1(m): 9:09pm On Mar 19, 2020
He made off-label suggestion, meaning that it's also off-label prescription in particular and for clinical trials in general. FDA has not approved anything yet.
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by wman(m): 9:09pm On Mar 19, 2020
Hydroxylchloroquine is quite different from the common Chloroquine in Nigeria.

It is less toxic and has less side effects.

I think ours is Chloroquine Phosphate
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by paltielx: 9:10pm On Mar 19, 2020
jericco1:
angry Just finished watching it, hope they won't increase the price of chloroquine
lolz i fear nigerian
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:11pm On Mar 19, 2020
FactBoyz:

Pls pardon us in the presidency bro, since Dec last year 2019, we have been trying to teach Buhari how to pronounce the name of the virus but..........hmmmm

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:11pm On Mar 19, 2020
Scratching galore grin
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by wman(m): 9:12pm On Mar 19, 2020
pk2me:
This is just malaria with all it's symptoms, that's why Africans are not dying bcus of it

I guess the Vice President of Burkina Faso that died is not an African.
Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by hmohammed(m): 9:13pm On Mar 19, 2020
FactBoyz:

That's our problem, playing politics with everything. Are you deaf and dumb to all government plans and instructions

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by kokomilala(m): 9:14pm On Mar 19, 2020
Well,chloroquine combats fever and CORONA attack is a high fever cum flu virus. So,it will suffice.
But it's a big day for the pharmaceuticals industry. Their cronies manufacture diseases in labs,spread them to the world.Once it goes viral, they call in their pharmaceuticals friends to clean up the mess.
The same modus operandi for wars and conflicts: they cause wars; cause humanitarian crises.Call in the pharmas to clear the mess.In the process, it's a win -win situation for the politicians,scientists and pharmaceuticals.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 19, 2020
RedBlackPepper:
It is only the blood of Jesus that can cure this thing. With prayers and fasting.
wake up man! Jesus doesn't exist..you can pray and fast all you like.

Even the pope is in quarantine, the white men who introduced Jesus to you are all in quarantine they are not fasting and praying. don't ever bother going to hospital or doctor, keep fasting, praying and waiting for Jesus.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Arat Hosseini, Iranian Boy With Six-Pack Now Has 4 Million IG Followers (Photos) / Violet J: My Breasts Are Too Heavy, My Bra Size Not In Market, I Need Surgery" / Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.