Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,725 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? (72836 Views)

Senate Insists On 16 Years As Requirement For Tertiary Institution Admission / Four Things You Will Miss In Nigeria If You Study Abroad. / Which Course Were You Planning To Study? And Which Course Did U End Up Studying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by chigoizie7(m): 11:11pm On Mar 21, 2020
englishmart:
Judging by the unreliability of certificates/degrees in Nigeria, medical doctors end up becoming caterers, some banking and finance graduates goe into auxillary (useless version of) nursing, and lots more.

Well, my computer science education has met parochialism here in one company where I work as an elevator technician/engineer.

Do we have any chemist selling Akara? Please talk to us

There is nothing like “career “ in Nigeria. It is all about survival.

2 Likes

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Notifydamdam: 11:11pm On Mar 21, 2020
B. Sc in Chemical Engineering
M. Sc in Petroleum Engineering.

Despite finishing with good grades, I'm currently jobless. I'm beginning to consider going for PhD though.. It's not easy getting into the oil and gas sector without connect.

2 Likes

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by nosike3(m): 11:12pm On Mar 21, 2020
BSc, msc pharmaceutical biochemistry, currently co-own and manage a pharmacy store franchise.

6 Likes

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Snipper007: 11:12pm On Mar 21, 2020
englishmart:
Judging by the unreliability of certificates/degrees in Nigeria, medical doctors end up becoming caterers, some banking and finance graduates goe into auxillary (useless version of) nursing, and lots more.

Well, my computer science education has met parochialism here in one company where I work as an elevator technician/engineer.

Petroleum and gas engineering and still searching for job......pls I can do anything, I just need a job so as to help mum and family and I am also open to traveling if the job condition calls for that
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Soleye24(m): 11:12pm On Mar 21, 2020
ChrisKels:

Chai after everything u did with albino rat? angry
it is pathetic. I wasn't aware what lies ahead maybe because I lack mentorship

1 Like

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by shegzmartinsduke(m): 11:12pm On Mar 21, 2020
Amarabae:

Are you serious.
Chai jisike
as serious can be. No wife,no kid,cos i want to make sure no one suffers with me.
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by spiceadole: 11:12pm On Mar 21, 2020
englishmart:

I studied Medicine and Surgery.
I work as a medical doctor

6 Likes

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Phyde: 11:12pm On Mar 21, 2020
Banking and Finance but working as an Accountant

1 Like

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Iogobenz(m): 11:12pm On Mar 21, 2020
bayocanny:

Bro, I swear na God. immediately I finished my degree in 2018 I quickly enter street hustle gather money for my NYSC. I saved during NYSC camp, no lavish spending. I got to my ppa in a rural area like that and I discovered that there's no bank nearby so I seize the opportunity, I make inquiries about the POS stuff and I got to know how lucrative it is.
Luckily for me an ex Corper in my local government got a job with a POS company while serving but he stay put cuz he was required to work in the state where he served. I used the opportunity and get a POS machine from him, got a shop and started the business last year December. Then, I used to shuttle between my work place and my ppa. I reason with my employer about what am doing and he gave me the opportunity. I normally go to school from 8am to 11am by 12pm I don japa go hustle for my shop.
Now that NYSC is over am now a full-time business man, a got a part time job last month as well to support my hustle and I'm doing fine.
Also, I'm nursing my Msc degree ambition abroad, have already secured the scholarship, just waiting for corona to vanish so that I can enter embassy collect my visa .
Smart man!
I love opportunists.Believe me many of your counterparts would have neglected this same business and be chasing pipe dreams.
I saw one lady tell you that "you are still growing" and I just laugh grin
Like wtf
1)you are in a rural area meaning you might have so little competition and a huge customer base.
2)your pos charge might be higher.
I see you possible making 10k a day in profit or more....
One monkey say you are still growing grin cheesy
Of course you will grow to expand that same business in other limited markets and cash out na.
You might probably build your brand while she is still earning their usual.
Them sabi neglect business ehn,all this school people grin grin
Goodluck to you mate,
Cc deepwater,no be everything you go know.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Entom(m): 11:13pm On Mar 21, 2020
I studied Engineering Physics. I'm now a General Manager in Oil and Gas firm.

4 Likes

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by daziz1: 11:13pm On Mar 21, 2020
Oblongata:
I studied Banking and finance, went for masters in Business Admin, 2nd masters in Economics, 3rd masters in Business innovation, ICAN, ICSAN, and FNIM.

I am a company secretary

Mad oh

1 Like

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Kastrom: 11:14pm On Mar 21, 2020
vivalavida:
Studied microbiology

Presently heading the microbiology unit of the quality control department of a pharmaceutical production company

I studied microbiology as well but still yet to get a job. I don't know if you could be of help. I will appreciate.

1 Like

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by okooloyun1(m): 11:14pm On Mar 21, 2020
Just learning...
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by BruncleZuma: 11:14pm On Mar 21, 2020
DenreleDave:

Can u help. Connect me to the bank, abeg
Unfortunately I don't have such leverage my dear.

1 Like

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by vivalavida(m): 11:16pm On Mar 21, 2020
Kalaba:

May the Lord that did it for you never forget me, amen.

Amen
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by lakeside79937: 11:16pm On Mar 21, 2020
I studied economics at the university of ibadan but now working as a nurse with the national health service (NHS ) in England

10 Likes

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by sarmuel97(m): 11:16pm On Mar 21, 2020
Sheriman:
I studied Educational Management but currently I am doing Facebook Business, working as a Facebook content developer on Facebook where I earn money by creating content on Facebook with Facebook Adbreaks Facebook
Brands Collabs Manager and Facebook Instant Article.. Aiming to have my own website very soon!!

Pls can educational manager work in a firm?
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by shegzmartinsduke(m): 11:16pm On Mar 21, 2020
whyteteeth:

Jesus!!
dont even call jesus,cos he didn't help me all those years i was servin and calling him.
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Kastrom: 11:17pm On Mar 21, 2020
stewiegriffins:
I studied Microbiology, and am a Production Supervisor/ Production Analyst in a FMCG company.

I study microbiology as well sir. I will be glad if you can connect me.

1 Like

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Ugomba(m): 11:17pm On Mar 21, 2020
I studied B.agric Agricultural Economics, msc Agricultural marketing ,
Today am working as a marketing unit coordinator in a multinational company in Lagos ,also I have a pig farm with 96 pigs in it, and a snail farm with up to 324 snails , started it when I was in year two,
Am currently working on creating a social media to connect Agribusiness entrepreneurs in Nigeria.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 21, 2020
Management

But now a medical technologist
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by DonMcek: 11:18pm On Mar 21, 2020
Archeology....oya guess what I am practicing
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Meme16(m): 11:18pm On Mar 21, 2020
wanted to be a Lecturer, Ist degree Biochemistry, 2nd degree Biochemical Toxicology but currently working as Quality Control Officer in a Food Industry.

7 Likes

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by juniorstar(m): 11:19pm On Mar 21, 2020
martyns303:
Electrical Engineering in Uni
Pilot now.
becoming a pilot is lucrative but becoming one is expensive, but they make money in no time. a friend of mine spent close to 15 million naira becoming a pilot but heard They pay as much as 300 dollars per flight hour
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by GENTLETEE(m): 11:19pm On Mar 21, 2020
I studied Philosophy and currently a admin personnel in a federal university

1 Like

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Brown2012: 11:21pm On Mar 21, 2020
Studied medical laboratory science and i'm working in a medical laboratory.

5 Likes

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Soleye24(m): 11:21pm On Mar 21, 2020
33bandit:

I think it would be better u do a masters instead ..and leave nigeria or lecture ..
There are endless possibilities to these things

Yes, I think masters will do but the issue is finances. How do I save from 15k in a month in lagos? Bulk of the money go for feeding. My only hope now is scholarship, I applied to two schools in Saudi buh no response yet and am not sure how long d wait will be.
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Amarabae(f): 11:21pm On Mar 21, 2020
englishmart:

No medical doctor ends up becoming a caterer.
They may just be doing caterer as a side work but not as a career

3 Likes

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by nwadiuko1(m): 11:22pm On Mar 21, 2020
Deltatoto:
i studied French but I’m now a native doctor.
gives you added advantage when communicating with the gods

3 Likes

Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by careytommy37(m): 11:22pm On Mar 21, 2020
millionboi2:
Me

Why did she mention CR name first. Shows who is regarded
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 21, 2020
adakoleagbenu:

very very very difficult to get jobs related directly to geology. only oil company work with very limited demand bt excess supply. you can see job directly asking for engineering/arts/humanities/mass com/law etc but you will hardly see jobs directly asking for geologist. I regret reading dat course

In my field, Water Sanitation and Hygiene, geologists are in high demand. All you need is a little experience and you can quickly build on it
Re: What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? by Iogobenz(m): 11:23pm On Mar 21, 2020
juniorstar:

becoming a pilot is lucrative but becoming one is expensive, but they make money in no time. a friend of mine spent close to 15 million naira becoming a pilot but heard They pay as much as 300 dollars per flight hour
Na em papa get the plane? grin
Who ever told you this is either crazy or a big liar.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (34) (Reply)

Fintiri: Graduating Students Of America University Of Nigeria Pose With Governor / Benue State University Student Wearing Short Skirt, Stop From Entering Campus / HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.