Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance (85719 Views)

My Bitter Job Hunting Experience Yesterday. / Share Your Job Hunting Experience! / Some Fun While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Princemodris(m): 4:33pm On May 16, 2020
He'll die
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Oluwapresley(m): 4:33pm On May 16, 2020
Serious shi
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Jgoldie: 4:33pm On May 16, 2020
I have sold pure water at the redemption camp when things was very tough

Broda this too shall pass grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Austeeenxx: 4:33pm On May 16, 2020
So you're a survivor?

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by TrojanSnail: 4:33pm On May 16, 2020
Lol. I love your positive spirit, finding fun in hard a hard time. Things will get better soon. Keep pushing.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Lordfranklin(m): 4:33pm On May 16, 2020
Your story funny. Sorry I'm laughing o
Carrying cement bags has nothing to do with height sha
I started lifting bags of cement when I was 16
Be consistent in your job hunting
I believe this phase of your life will pass shortly

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Bluffly: 4:34pm On May 16, 2020
southniyikaye:
The thing is, I have never gone to search for a job in my life, while in school, I was into photography so I used that to sustain myself.

After school, I worked in a construction company and I later had my own company and had almost ten employees. Well last year I lost everything and reality dawned on me.

I have too kids and a beautiful wife to take care of.

Now to the main koko. Am 6.2ft tall and faaaaat but now, the fat Don turn fitted when hunger Wan kill me so I set out to job hunt.

After series of trials and interviews, job no enter o. Least I forget, I fresh small, OK I resemble butty pickin.

Begged family to raise me to start over, found none. Close friends nko, shishi dem no fit raise me and sincerely I didn't blame anybody after all no be dem cause my wahala.

So I set out to do menial jobs, the ones I could find was bricklaying or packing of block. Anytime I get there, their response is always, SHEY I THINK SAY U FIT DO THIS KIN WORK? YOU THIS BUTTY PICKIN
OR I SABI THE KIN WORK WEY YOU FIT DO.

TRIED series of places, it was the same response until one Man decided to give me a trial.
First job was to carry sand from point A to point B. I almost fainted but was doing strong man cos all eyes were on me.

Secondly I was asked to bring cement now this is the funny part. One very tiny guy called levels was the one bringing the cement, not more than 5.6ft tall, as in tiny o, so seeing him, I believed it will be an easy task and I tried to carry 50kg bag all by myself, I couldn't even raise it to chest level when I scatter for ground and everyone burst out laughing. Tried severally to no avail until someone helped me.

Now after mixing, it was time to serve the bricklayers. Worked from 8 till 12 and I was already having Back ache and Head ache. Infact all my body was aching and I told them I can't continue. They should give whatever they feel like giving me until they told me if I didn't finish with them till evening, no kobo for me.

I Sha manage work till 7:30pm and they paid me 1700 instead of 1500 just to pity my condition.
I was bedridden for almost three days after
Guy, if that's what is in your front to commence with, buckle up. Before a week you'll get use to it while using the income to keep surveying for better opportunities

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by dangoteinlaw: 4:35pm On May 16, 2020
That's the hustle most ppl do daily just to feed and here u are making mokery of it. Yahooboys have no idea how blessed they are to have rhe knowledge, if u can't do it oya come my site and work. This lockdown its 1500 per day, if u no do go!!
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Erhun10z: 4:35pm On May 16, 2020
Nobody bring hard life come from heaven. Na planet Earth we dey Learn things.
That's how it is for the first time

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by dubeygol: 4:35pm On May 16, 2020
P
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by abuhlawal(m): 4:35pm On May 16, 2020
We rise we fall
We fall we rise
We riise we faall
We faall we riise
We riiise we faaall
We faaall we riiise

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by idonhammer: 4:35pm On May 16, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by jericco1(m): 4:36pm On May 16, 2020
You need the right people in your life; you can only get them if you build yourself with the right attitude!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Staphylococcus: 4:36pm On May 16, 2020
southniyikaye:
The thing is, I have never gone to search for a job in my life, while in school, I was into photography so I used that to sustain myself.

After school, I worked in a construction company and I later had my own company and had almost ten employees. Well last year I lost everything and reality dawned on me.

Now to the main koko. Am 6.2ft tall and faaaaat but now, the fat Don turn fitted when hunger Wan kill me so I set out to job hunt.

After series of trials and interviews, job no enter o. Least I forget, I fresh small, OK I resemble butty pickin.

Begged family to raise me to start over, found none. Close friends nko, shishi dem no fit raise me and sincerely I didn't blame anybody after all no be dem cause my wahala.

So I set out to do menial jobs, the ones I could find was bricklaying or packing of block. Anytime I get there, their response is always, SHEY I THINK SAY U FIT DO THIS KIN WORK? YOU THIS BUTTY PICKIN

TRIED series of places, it was the same response until one Man decided to give me a trial.
First job was to carry sand from point A to point B. I almost fainted but was doing strong man cos all eyes were on me.

Secondly I was asked to bring cement now this is the funny part. One very tiny guy called levels was the one bringing the cement, not more than 5.6ft tall, as in tiny o, so seeing him, I believed it will be an easy task and I tried to carry 50kg bag all by myself, I couldn't even raise it to chest level when I scatter for ground and everyone burst out laughing. Tried severally to no avail until someone helped me.

Now after mixing, it was time to serve the bricklayers. Worked from 8 till 12 and I was already having Back ache and Head ache. Infact all my body was aching and I told them I can't continue. They should give whatever they feel like giving me until they told me if I didn't finish with them till evening, no kobo for me.

I Sha manage work till 7:30pm and they paid me 1700 instead of 1500 just to pity my condition.

Let me tell you the jerk about it.

Your body will get used to it. Its like starting a gym sessions

When your body tunes to it, You will not find it as a task again.

Even learning new things puts weight on the brain at initiation, over-time, you blend in

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 16, 2020
southniyikaye:

I was bedridden for almost three days
after
the Lord is thy strength
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by pasol4real(m): 4:37pm On May 16, 2020
The op n the mods that moved this to front page should pls tell us the moral of the story

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Slurity(m): 4:37pm On May 16, 2020
May God remember you for good. Next time when things are getting rowdy. Try to create more than one source of income. E.g buy bike (okada) and keep for future or give it to someone to do business with it, established your wife in business.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Kbs468(m): 4:37pm On May 16, 2020
Nice try. But a stitch in time saves Nine they say.

see my signature so that you don't have a repeat or similar experience in the future please
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Fortyinaminute(m): 4:37pm On May 16, 2020
Eiya ....
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by dangoteinlaw: 4:38pm On May 16, 2020
Bluffly:

Guy, if that's what is in your front to commence with, buckle up. Before a week you'll get use to it while using the income to keep surveying for better opportunities
okay u see now "better opportunities " if everyone in the building industries go out to sort for better opportunities who will now do the job? Everyone wants an office with ac pushing pen and making millions but the real job in site is called "menial". You see how bleeped up this life is now?

I keep saying it anyhow u make ur money make it, wether stealing or kidnapping I don't care coz in this country legit is bleeped up!!!
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Bukden16(m): 4:39pm On May 16, 2020
Wetin be diz..?

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by xandy84: 4:39pm On May 16, 2020
I remembered while in secondary school and needs money to buy books and other stuff. Bricklayer's help was the deal. The jobs make you feel like you wanna die. Hard labour indeed. then left Naija after graduating only to end up in the warehouse cos I don't wanna work in group home. Every time I remember those days, I just dey give God million thanks

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by kenex4ever(m): 4:39pm On May 16, 2020
southniyikaye:

sorry bro
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by MrNipplesLover(m): 4:39pm On May 16, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
What nonsense?
Is 6.2ft that tall?
I'm 6.2ft and I don't even consider myself tall.
I'm just average.

funny enough, the OP has changed the topic.

the OP deceived us.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Jokerman(m): 4:40pm On May 16, 2020
God will lift and restore you bro.

Dont lose all your connect, from your construction company.
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Sunisonflex39(m): 4:40pm On May 16, 2020
op.my case and ur own no different..but as my first time, the thing hard me die, so the next time I summoned my inner will-power..

and I will still do it again when school resumes

e dey keep body and soul for Nekede...

but e no easy o

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Deicide: 4:40pm On May 16, 2020
So everything now Na news
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by blackmantis: 4:40pm On May 16, 2020
Use your head Bro...

You can either use it to work out a plan or use it to carry block.
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Drizzy5001(m): 4:40pm On May 16, 2020
Ok
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 16, 2020
Correct guy.Far better than stealing.
Re: Share Your Job Hunting Experience With Zero Balance by MrNipplesLover(m): 4:42pm On May 16, 2020
abuhlawal:
We rise we fall We fall we rise We riise we faall We faall we riise We riiise we faaall We faaall we riiise

who be this one again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Job Vacancies / NESTOIL Graduate Trainee Program 2018!!!!!! / P & G Reasoning Test Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.